Official Final Fantasy III DS thread

[quote name='Wolfkin']i think that's the first import game I've ever tried and after an hour I could make out the gist of how the game is played but w/o being able to read anything I couildn't figure out what to do next. Looks like a fun game but I had to stop. Shame because I've always wanted a portable Smash and it would have been awesome.[/quote]

you can get a translation guide online, il see if i can get the link for you.

mailing letters serves absolutely no purpose. Took me forever to figure that out.

However if you can get online and send letters to actual people. Then NPCs will send you more than one letter. This is how you unlock special quests and the ultimate class "Onion Knight"

[quote name='Wolfkin']mailing letters serves absolutely no purpose. Took me forever to figure that out.

However if you can get online and send letters to actual people. Then NPCs will send you more than one letter. This is how you unlock special quests and the ultimate class "Onion Knight"[/quote]

I guess I would argue that the Onion Knight isn't "no purpose." But that's what sending letters to humans does, it opens up the rest of the story so you can become an Onion Knight (and I believe it is also required for the ultimate weapon for every job class).

/tk

[quote name='terpkristin']I guess I would argue that the Onion Knight isn't "no purpose." But that's what sending letters to humans does, it opens up the rest of the story so you can become an Onion Knight (and I believe it is also required for the ultimate weapon for every job class).

/tk[/quote]

It depends on how much time you want to put in I think. I won't use OK class since I don't want to grind them up that high. You do need to send letters for the level 99 weapons.

Well, perhaps I'll grind a character or two up on OK while I work on a devout...if I get back into FFIII and go after the last boss. I got the fourth crystal six weeks or something like that ago, and then put this down.

[quote name='mcelfour']It depends on how much time you want to put in I think. I won't use OK class since I don't want to grind them up that high. You do need to send letters for the level 99 weapons.

Well, perhaps I'll grind a character or two up on OK while I work on a devout...if I get back into FFIII and go after the last boss. I got the fourth crystal six weeks or something like that ago, and then put this down.[/quote]

Ah, I couldn't remember about the ultimate weapons.

Yeah, the OK does require some work, but I guess I've always been a big FF fan, and tried to do full completion on most of the games, including all the unlocking stuff. I can see not really wanting to grind to make the OK useful.

/tk

well I thought it was implied but when I said they did nothing. I wasn't including the OK class as nothing. Until i read about it online I thought sending letters would do something interesting in the game. Maybe unlocking new areas and what not but it's all useless unless you can send to a human and in that sense someone like me who can't get online it's nothing.

[quote name='mcelfour']It depends on how much time you want to put in I think. I won't use OK class since I don't want to grind them up that high. You do need to send letters for the level 99 weapons.

Well, perhaps I'll grind a character or two up on OK while I work on a devout...if I get back into FFIII and go after the last boss. I got the fourth crystal six weeks or something like that ago, and then put this down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

Hi, I decided to pick up this game again, using a flash device to move my save game from my JP cart to a US one. Anyhow, I need someone to send wifi letters do. Can anyone help me out? My FC is 2406-6035-3257. Let me know your FC if you add me. Thanks!

I didn't open it up yet, but does this game have multiple save slots? (I'm assuming so).
How long can I (we) expect to be playing this for? :lol:

I'm almost sure I put more hours into it than that. I found myself nowhere near strong enough to beat the boss so I just have to find the will to grind myself up that high. At least in TWEWY the fighting is scaleable. I'll dig up my FC see if we can exchange.. that would be nice.

i beat it under 35 hours and i did a lot of grinding. my grinding was pretty efficient though. the monsters in bahamut's cave are way better for xp than the ones in the final dungeon.

[quote name='banpeikun']It's got 3 save slots, and it's roughly 30-35 hours depending on how much grinding you do.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's impressive! I've been playing this game for the past 5 months and I've clocked about 71 hours in, but I'm getting all the master weapons, completion of all items/bestiary, and trying to get all the OK equipment from those
damn green, red, & yellow dragons in the Iron Giant's cave
, and all my characters to level 99 & 9999 health. I'm currently at level 81 and am ready to tackle the last part of the game, but I'm greedy and want all the OK equipment, should I want 4 OK's. I hate being a completist, but love the satisfaction from getting everything.

after a long while, i pick this one up again and tried to finish it....
well, still did not finish. My party always gets killed at the partical beam even with the ribons.
i assume you have to have a high level (99?) to beat that game. :(

ok, have to hook myself to wifi then too to get the secrets.
i was so stuned to see my party vanish in a blink hit with the partical beam and receive a damage of 9999. :(
for some reason i think this is kinda unfair, but i guess final boss kinda.

[quote name='yester']ok, have to hook myself to wifi then too to get the secrets.
i was so stuned to see my party vanish in a blink hit with the partical beam and receive a damage of 9999. :(
for some reason i think this is kinda unfair, but i guess final boss kinda.[/quote]

If you get rid of the four crystal bosses (southwest, northwest, southeast, and northeast of center), her particle beam will deal a lot less damage. If you have a party of 60+, you should be able to win. good luck!

I just got back into this after a long hiatus. I've been grinding a lot and I'm up to level 53/54, with a job lvl 99 Geomancer, and approaching a job lvl 99 Red Mage and Black Mage.

Anyone want to trade Friend codes so I can do the side quests? PM me....

[quote name='Cameront9']Anybody? I really want to do the side quests....[/quote]

I can get back into it...I've been meaning to try to grind some, then finish up.

My FC is in my sig below.

[quote name='mcelfour']I can get back into it...I've been meaning to try to grind some, then finish up.

My FC is in my sig below.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I've entered your code. Here is mine:

2793-2219-0130

I haven't actually played except to send and receive a few letters. The likelihood of me finishing this game are really really low right now.

i pretty much couldn't get back into the game. maybe with three people sending me letters/to send letters to...

SEND ME SOME ENCOURAGEMENT TO FINISH THE GAME PLEASE!!

(Adding dabebop and Wolfkin right now.)

Alright well I'm going to send two more letters out since I just sent the first one out to mcelfour I believe since I added him first. Don't know how long I'm going to keep playing FF3 now that 4 is out lol.

Either way I'll keep mailing so keep an eye out for a Hello letter.

I'm at home for the moment in my condo there are about 10 different WAPs within range 3-4 of them are completely open. The only reason I don't use them for my computer is I like the speed of hard wire.

Anyway does anyone know what an error 10050 is? My connection tests work fine but when I load up to the game and try to use Mognet I get this code over and over again.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'm at home for the moment in my condo there are about 10 different WAPs within range 3-4 of them are completely open. The only reason I don't use them for my computer is I like the speed of hard wire.

Anyway does anyone know what an error 10050 is? My connection tests work fine but when I load up to the game and try to use Mognet I get this code over and over again.[/quote]

Over at support.nintendo.com there's a tool in the left hand side where you can input your error code. When I put in 10050 I got:

Error Code: 10050
There appears to be a problem with your Nintendo DS system. We recommend sending the system in for repair.
Please click here to setup a repair for your system.

:hot:

well screw that I love my DS I'm not sending it anywhere. It's the only system I have time to play. (funny enough I just occurred to me that I've been spending all of my time finishing Tales of Phantasia :gba: instead of WEWY.)

I've gotten online before with Zelda what do you think the chances are this is a cart thing rather than a DS thing?

Wolfkin,

Try again sometime to get online. Your code was lit the other day, so I sent you a message. See if you can get it.

Also, I was wondering if anyone wanted to exchange level 99 stamps. I have dragoon, knight, white mage, and monk (or black belt?? I forget).

I'm trying to get motivated to finish this.

It doesn't help that I just picked up Final Fantasy VI for $7.98 at Toys R Us. But I'm determined to finish III before i get into VI....

[quote name='mcelfour']Wolfkin,

Try again sometime to get online. Your code was lit the other day, so I sent you a message. See if you can get it.

Also, I was wondering if anyone wanted to exchange level 99 stamps. I have dragoon, knight, white mage, and monk (or black belt?? I forget).[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware you could trade level 99 cards on e-mail - I thought it was just sending messages.

I'm almost done with FFIII (trying to finish up so I can move on to FFTA2), but I'm trying to get that 110% of all items found and I'm not sure if I'm missing something. And for anyone that's playing that hasn't leveled up an Onion Knight, they are nasty, once you get your level pretty high. I took down the Iron Giant in about 15 turns, only healing 4 times. The Onion equipment coupled with dual wielding swords and full black/white magic is incredible.

[quote name='wjhard63']I wasn't aware you could trade level 99 cards on e-mail - I thought it was just sending messages.

I'm almost done with FFIII (trying to finish up so I can move on to FFTA2), but I'm trying to get that 110% of all items found and I'm not sure if I'm missing something. And for anyone that's playing that hasn't leveled up an Onion Knight, they are nasty, once you get your level pretty high. I took down the Iron Giant in about 15 turns, only healing 4 times. The Onion equipment coupled with dual wielding swords and full black/white magic is incredible.[/quote]onion knight doesn't really pass up the other classes until your levels are in the mid-90s. is the iron giant still hard for other classes at that point?

Well I just beat it. My guys were level 72, except for Arc (who leveled up after the final battle). My endgame party was Dragoon, Geomancer, Red Mage, and Sage. The first three at job level 99 and the Sage around job level 50.

At that high level, I breezed through the Crystal Tower and the endbosses, even the final one. I think could have beat the last boss without even healing once.

It was a fun ride...maybe someday I'll go back and beat the secret dungeon.

I did feel that
The Cloud of Darknesses's physical design was pretty weak. Pales in comparison to some of the other boss designs. I mean, here's the ultimate foe, and it ends up being....a naked green chick with two snakes. That's it. Kind of anti-climactic. Didn't even have a different form from the scripted battle, so you knew what it looked like...

[quote name='Cameront9']Well I just beat it. My guys were level 72, except for Arc (who leveled up after the final battle). My endgame party was Dragoon, Geomancer, Red Mage, and Sage. The first three at job level 99 and the Sage around job level 50.

At that high level, I breezed through the Crystal Tower and the endbosses, even the final one. I think could have beat the last boss without even healing once.

It was a fun ride...maybe someday I'll go back and beat the secret dungeon.

I did feel that
The Cloud of Darknesses's physical design was pretty weak. Pales in comparison to some of the other boss designs. I mean, here's the ultimate foe, and it ends up being....a naked green chick with two snakes. That's it. Kind of anti-climactic. Didn't even have a different form from the scripted battle, so you knew what it looked like...
[/quote]

Well congrats on beating it man, and hope you don't neglect the game for to long now that it's finished.

Character level is important too, not just job level. At character level 72, you ought to be able to smoke the end boss, from what I've read.

And you can't trade stamps via email, just via in game messages. I was proposing to arrange trades here, then carry them out in game, of course.

I hate to bring back a dead thread, but I am playing this and looking to do some of the side quests.

Friend code is:

1934 3629 0549

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there. I just picked up Final Fantasy III in earnest (even though I've had it since launch). Anybody else playing and want to swap friend codes?

way to bring it back from the dead. you know if I had my cart with me I'd pop it in and trade codes cause I haven't touched it past my fifth attempted on the final boss. I mean doing a whole dungeon with no save every time just wore me out. wish i could help ya out though.

I'm on travel right now with no WiFi, but when I get back in town (the 11th of May), I'd be happy to swap with you so you can get the extended stuff.

PM me on the 11th if you like. :)

/tk

well Nintendo 'repaired' my DS and by repair i mean replace.. so on the down site all new FCs.. on the plus side i wasn't using them all that much anyway.

[quote name='Wolfkin']if i remember correctly ( and this was a long time ago for me too) you get an unlockable dungeon which lets you get your Infinity Plus 1 sword for each class. plus the Onion Knight class.[/QUOTE]

Wolfkin is right, though it's not always a sword for the class "ultimate weapon."

I long ago finished the game, if anybody wants to spam me with Final Fantasy III mail so that they can unlock the stuff, I'm open to it, I remember it was kind of a pain in the arse finding people back in the day when I was looking to do it. Just PM me.

/tk

bread's done
Back