OFFICIAL: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Steelbook (Future Shop Exclusive) (Canada Only)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:ps3:/:360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Steelbook [Not Available for Purchase]

This is G2 Only (PS3 Size)

Pre-Order Now and receive an Future Shop exclusive SteelBook™!

How to get this deal:

1. Add this game to your cart.
  2. The SteelBook™ will be automatically added to your cart, free of charge.
*This SteelBook promotion is only effective between December 6th and January 9th and does not apply to previous orders. Please note this offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
:ps3: Standard Edition (PS3) - $59.99 CAD
:360: Standard Edition (Xbox 360) - $59.99 CAD
:ps3: Collector's Edition (PS3) - $79.99 CAD
:360: Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) - $79.99 CAD
:ps3:/:360: Steelbook (PS3/Xbox 360) - $99.99 CAD

Release Date: 1/31/2012

***** Ship within Canada-Only *****

10186335.jpg

This bonus is free with your purchase of the Final Fantasy XIII-2 game. This bonus gift is not for sale. Not applicable to previous purchases and not to be purchased separately - any gifts ordered separately will be cancelled without any notice. While supplies last.

Link

original

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks iNCREDiPiNOY, I just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

[quote name='ijustw1n']P.S. it's aboot time those hosers get this deal. Abootfreaking time. Hockey.[/QUOTE]

Begone. Now.

Man, this is so silly.

Best Buy gets the prequel novel.
EB gets DLC.
Amazon gets another DLC.
Now FS gets the steelbook.

I can understand giving everyone a piece of the pie, but at least have the CE come with everything.

[quote name='firehawk12']Man, this is so silly.

EB gets DLC.
Amazon gets another DLC.

I can understand giving everyone a piece of the pie, but at least have the CE come with everything.[/QUOTE]
Damn it. This sucks. I was about to preorder with FS for the steelbook until I read your post. DLCs will give me more bang for my money, but the steelbook is very pretty too. Decisions.

If you care about the story (hahahaha... I know), then the book would be worth having even if translations of the Japanese book are already out there.

[quote name='Hyunkel']Damn it. This sucks. I was about to preorder with FS for the steelbook until I read your post. DLCs will give me more bang for my money, but the steelbook is very pretty too. Decisions.[/QUOTE]

An alternate costume and weapon for one character; one extra Boss Battle; a novel tying in the events between this game game and it's predecessor or a SteelBook case. Decisions indeed...

[quote name='dotCody']An alternate costume and weapon for one character; one extra Boss Battle; a novel tying in the events between this game game and it's predecessor or a SteelBook case. Decisions indeed...[/QUOTE]

I would take the first one over the rest >_>.

[quote name='firehawk12']Man, this is so silly.

EB gets DLC.
Amazon gets another DLC.

I can understand giving everyone a piece of the pie, but at least have the CE come with everything.[/QUOTE]

What's even more silly is that people are actually gonna buy this game after FFXIII.

Can't believe steelbooks are as popular with the CAG/RFD community as they are. They're JUST steelbooks. Am I the only one who finds it funny this many people care about getting one? half of them don't even look that great to begin with.

I still like the battle system, so I'm in regardless.

I suppose the other thing is that Best Buy is offering a pre-order discount, so you can use that money to buy the DLC. lol

[quote name='VetraX']What's even more silly is that people are actually gonna buy this game after FFXIII.

Can't believe steelbooks are as popular with the CAG/RFD community as they are. They're JUST steelbooks. Am I the only one who finds it funny this many people care about getting one? half of them don't even look that great to begin with.[/QUOTE]

I agree in general but this steelbook in particular looks excellent. Final fantasy games have always had some of the nicest cases though.

This just looks so nice.... for the DLC I will probably just pay for it when they sell it online anyway...

[quote name='VetraX']What's even more silly is that people are actually gonna buy this game after FFXIII.

Can't believe steelbooks are as popular with the CAG/RFD community as they are. They're JUST steelbooks. Am I the only one who finds it funny this many people care about getting one? half of them don't even look that great to begin with.[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one. No way in hell am I buying this game at launch after the fiasco that was 13. Especially after how fast it ended up in bargain bins. That, and I don't like all the content cutting that's being offered up as "DLC" and preorder bonuses. Oh, and I just read something about how the one decent character from 13 (Sazh) is rumored to be even MORE DLC :roll:

Have you ever heard of the $400 steelbook?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320805374462?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

:p

[quote name='Eoyote']You're not the only one. No way in hell am I buying this game at launch after the fiasco that was 13. Especially after how fast it ended up in bargain bins. That, and I don't like all the content cutting that's being offered up as "DLC" and preorder bonuses. Oh, and I just read something about how the one decent character from 13 (Sazh) is rumored to be even MORE DLC :roll:[/QUOTE]

Won't most of the DLCs be purchasable later on anyways? Or do exclusive DLCs end up being rare instead?

[quote name='VetraX']What's even more silly is that people are actually gonna buy this game after FFXIII.[/QUOTE]

I feel dirty for having this game pre-ordered. I only did it for that Trade 2 for $60 at EB a couple of weeks ago... and the CE comes with the four-disc soundtrack. I hate FF13 as much as the next guy, but it seems like they're changing things up with a more open game.

[quote name='VetraX']What's even more silly is that people are actually gonna buy this game after FFXIII.[/QUOTE]

What's even more silly is that people still bought MW2. Twice. If ya know what I mean. ;)
[quote name='Mr.']I feel dirty for having this game pre-ordered. I only did it for that Trade 2 for $60 at EB a couple of weeks ago... and the CE comes with the four-disc soundtrack. I hate FF13 as much as the next guy, but it seems like they're changing things up with a more open game.[/QUOTE]
Why all the hate for FFXIII? I thought it was good...not great, but far better than other games. The music was beautiful, the battle system was new, innovative and challenging and the game looked absolutely stunning (counting that you didn't buy that POS ported version a.k.a. the Xbox 360 2 DVD version). My only gripe with the game was that it was linear and I couldn't go back to eye-gasmic places like Lake Bresha. And this sequel will be non-linear. Do you and the other haters hate it because it wasn't another VII sequel/spin-off?

[quote name='telepathy']Have you ever heard of the $400 steelbook?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320805374462?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

:p[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm aware of how much these can go for on Ebay. It's really ridiculous.

Having said that, a ton of shit every day goes for an absurd amount of money in auction.

[quote name='Mr.']I feel dirty for having this game pre-ordered. I only did it for that Trade 2 for $60 at EB a couple of weeks ago... and the CE comes with the four-disc soundtrack. I hate FF13 as much as the next guy, but it seems like they're changing things up with a more open game.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, they're not even changing it up THAT much. Look how different X-2 was to X. That was change, and at the end of the day I could actually look past the cheesy dresses and convoluted plot, to a gameplay system that was FUN.

They're basically re-releasing FFXIII with cinematic cutscenes and dialogue that I wouldn't even wish on my most hated JRPG fans.

I've owned most of the FF titles before this. I followed the series religiously, but after XIII I had to open my eyes and draw the line. I told myself if I buy this game, then that's the catalyst for the future of Final Fantasy - that they'll continue to head in this direction and I only shamefully encouraged it.

[quote name='dotCody']What's even more silly is that people still bought MW2. Twice. If ya know what I mean. ;)[/quote]

Sure, and I agree. MW3 is basically MW2. Thing is that Call of Duty is on the level of Pokemon and World of Warcraft now - the audience it caters to is soo grand (gaming experts, and especially Activision, know this) that it doesn't matter if it's not a significant leap in change from the last one, because it's a proven formula that the casual all the way down to the hardcore can still appreciate and get hooked onto.

[quote name='dotCody']Why all the hate for FFXIII? I thought it was good...not great, but far better than other games.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask 'what games?' before ripping you apart for such blasphemy.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Not sure what you mean...[/QUOTE]
Yes you do ;)
[quote name='Mr.']I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask 'what games?' before ripping you apart for such blasphemy.[/QUOTE]
Do we really have to? It's just my blasphemous opinion...
[quote name='OmegaChaos']Heaven forbid that people actually like FFXIII. It's called an opinion.[/QUOTE]
THANK YOU.

I just started it 2 days ago, seeing how it's my first FF game. And, it's pretty good for what it does. Though, I hated Hope at first during the beginning, but he's starting to become epic.

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Heaven forbid that people actually like FFXIII. It's called an opinion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I just started it 2 days ago, seeing how it's my first FF game. [/QUOTE]

images_smilies_facepalm.gif

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I just started it 2 days ago, seeing how it's my first FF game. And, it's pretty good for what it does. Though, I hated Hope at first during the beginning, but he's starting to become epic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think this speaks for itself :applause::lol:

[quote name='Eoyote']Yeah, I think this speaks for itself :applause::lol:[/QUOTE]

I like the fact that this topic has brought in trolls.

doing some looking came across this steelbox + some preorder bonuses from teh german amazon website., no game for 8 euros sadly shipping kinda kills it. show up as about 20 total euros for me http://ps3gens.com/2011/11/17/amazon-final-fantasy-xiii-2-pre-order-bonus/

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0065Z0J5K...iveASIN=B0065Z0J5K&adid=1K103788BNQC7D7PMYEA&

Product

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Steelbox pre-order with lots of extras! Are included in this exclusive Special Edition pre-order the following extras:
- The Pack "fighting style" the following content contains downloadable:
+ A new member for your Monster Association: Defeat Omega, the famous final boss from FINAL FANTASY and paste it then your Association to be able to let him fight on your side now.
+ An alternate costume for Serah.
+ An alternate costume for Noel. - FINAL FANTASY XIII Episode I - The story recounts the events that occurred between FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIII -2 to take place. ! Experiencing these previously untold story . - Three artfully printed trading cards, which are provided with artwork to match Important Note: The Pre-Order Bonus Pack does not include the game FINAL FANTASY XIII-2.

I'm getting the CE, which comes in a nice digipack anyway--nicer than the steelbook--and if I order it from Future Shop they'll be sure to utterly destroy it and then not take responsibility. So I'll be picking it up somewhere else.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I'm getting the CE, which comes in a nice digipack anyway--nicer than the steelbook--and if I order it from Future Shop they'll be sure to utterly destroy it and then not take responsibility. So I'll be picking it up somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I already have my pre-order in with EB for just that reason. But I do want the steelbook, so I'll toss in a pre-order for the 360 CE, and if they squish it, good. Then I can just return it with a clear conscience, and keep my free steelbook :bouncy: If not, I'll have both CEs, no big deal, maybe I'll want both.

[quote name='blueweltall']Are Canadian games NTSC or PAL?[/QUOTE]

Really..?

Their innocent ignorance makes me rofl. I love how they're not ashamed to ask the dumbest questions. :rofl:

[quote name='picklepopcorn']Really..?

Their innocent ignorance makes me rofl. I love how they're not ashamed to ask the dumbest questions. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Whatever dude, stay classy...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']BTW, this will have UPC barcode printed on the back for tracking purposes.[/QUOTE]

Steelcase did that with Zelda. But not with Batman AC and Uncharted 3.

There are so many choices over where to preorder the game. :S I want the collectors edition for the soundtrack, but maybe I'll order at Best Buy to get the novel. I don't care for DLC, and the steelbook from FS doesn't look that nice to me. Why can't one place just have all the preorder bonuses! :lol: I liked FFXIII, so I knew I was going to pick this up, but I really want this game for Hope.

[quote name='TronB']There are so many choices over where to preorder the game. :S I want the collectors edition for the soundtrack, but maybe I'll order at Best Buy to get the novel. I don't care for DLC, and the steelbook from FS doesn't look that nice to me. Why can't one place just have all the preorder bonuses! :lol: I liked FFXIII, so I knew I was going to pick this up, but I really want this game for Hope. _> not sure if they'll keep my bonus for me or just give it all out to people...

[quote name='TronB']There are so many choices over where to preorder the game. :S I want the collectors edition for the soundtrack, but maybe I'll order at Best Buy to get the novel. I don't care for DLC, and the steelbook from FS doesn't look that nice to me. Why can't one place just have all the preorder bonuses! :lol: I liked FFXIII, so I knew I was going to pick this up, but I really want this game for Hope.

bread's done
Back