Official Folklore Thread - OUT NOW - (1/11 - Add-on Pack 3 & 4 Out Now - $4 each)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's why there's two demos. One shows off the gameplay and the other shows how the game works.[/quote]
You're right, I shouldn't have said, "Better." I did enjoy the story part.

Just wanted to make sure he downloaded the gameplay demo and is judging it accordingly. :)

[quote name='GuyWithGun']You're right, I shouldn't have said, "Better." I did enjoy the story part.

Just wanted to make sure he downloaded the gameplay demo and is judging it accordingly. :)[/quote]
True. The gameplay does change a bit from the gameplay in the trailer, as the different folk change things as they give you new attacks and moves.

I'm enjoying it so far. I just beat the folklore boss with Ellen in Chapter 3.. and that one was a pain in the ass.. but easier once you knew the strategy. :)
Now I'm on Chapter 3 with Keats.

Why do I get the feeling that this game is going to the be the PS3's version of Shadow Hearts? Pretty much ignored when it first came out, but slowly, a cult following builds due to its unique story setting. Of course, gameplay wise, it probably can't hold a candle to Shadow Hearts, but I still like the comparison.

This is one of the reasons I am saving up for a PS3.

[quote name='Kendal']My girlfriend is getting this for me for my B-day. Is the DLC woth the $8?[/quote]
I'd say to play through it first and see if you really want more.

I got this for Christmas. I haven't busted it open yet (been busy with Assassin's Creed), but have been looking through the add-on content. I guess it was too much to hope it was free downloadable content. :) Yes, of course I'm a cheap ass.

I haven't kept up with this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed. How do the add-on missions (can't think of another word for it) compare to the game, and compare to the original demo? Is it longer than the original demo or shorter?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I got this for Christmas. I haven't busted it open yet (been busy with Assassin's Creed), but have been looking through the add-on content. I guess it was too much to hope it was free downloadable content. :) Yes, of course I'm a cheap ass.

I haven't kept up with this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed. How do the add-on missions (can't think of another word for it) compare to the game, and compare to the original demo? Is it longer than the original demo or shorter?[/quote]
There's one free add-on, the holiday pack, which should still be up for download. I was playing continuing my Keats part of Chapter 3 with his new outfit. :lol:

IMO the best way to play this game is to alternate between Keats and Ellen. I started it with Ellen, then once a chapter was over, instead of moving onto to the next I started with Keats. To me the story fits together better like this, and it was a lot better then having to stop at chapter 5 and then have to start at the beginning with the other person playing catch up. This is one of my favorite PS3 games, and the end totally threw me off, as I never saw that twist coming at all. Very awesome game I can't get enough of it, and I hope they some how make a Folklore 2.

[quote name='Kendal']My girlfriend is getting this for me for my B-day. Is the DLC woth the $8?[/QUOTE]
It's $6 as a bundle :D

[quote name='cochesecochese']So after I beat this am I able to go back and play the DLC or how does that work?[/quote]

Yes. Although story-wise many of the missions take place within the time frame of the game, nothing in the game is missable so even if you have a save at the end of the game you can still go to the Tavern and choose "downloaded quests" from the menu to play the new quests. New costumes however are chosen in the costume menu BEFORE you load your game.

Hey quick question about Dungeon Trial mode. If I make a dungeon can I send it to my friend to try out, or can you only upload it for anyone to download?

Thanks

[quote name='pete5883']It's $6 as a bundle :D[/quote]

I knew that! ;-) So now that there is the DLC 3 & 4, is there a 1-4 pack? $12 isn't bad to keep a game going, just wondering. I seriously need to turn my PS3 on. Damn life getting in the way!

Since i just got this game as its on clearance at Target and on Sale this week at Best Buy and the new 5 & 6 add-ons recently came out, i wanted to know if the ad-ons are worth th money. Its about $18 for all 3 bundles which iclude add-on's 1-6 About how much time do they add onto the game. Also are these add-on's able to be "game-shared"

[quote name='Layd Dly']Since i just got this game as its on clearance at Target and on Sale this week at Best Buy and the new 5 & 6 add-ons recently came out, i wanted to know if the ad-ons are worth th money. Its about $18 for all 3 bundles which iclude add-on's 1-6 About how much time do they add onto the game. Also are these add-on's able to be "game-shared"[/quote]
You should play the game first and see if you want more to do instead of just buying it outright. I believe they're just a new quest, not sure if that's comparable to a whole chapter or not, a new folk, and a new outfit for either Ellen or Keats. Don't know if they're able to be shared or not.

bread's done
Back