Official G2A Thread - BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT 24.40, The Witcher 3 27.69

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
This thread is meant to communicate current discounts on digitally delivered content. Games, DLC and other electronically delivered products.

G2A, for those who are wondering is a website that allows individuals to sell keys to others they may own for most common platforms. If you have a key PC or Console you can sell it on the site and bank the profit to purchase games and DLC you wish to own. G2A in most cases is acting as a proxy between seller and buyer similar to eBay.

When purchasing make sure you buy a key appropriate to your region NA, ROW, RUS, CIS, EU and Global are common.

They offer something called G2A Shield which guarantees the purchases against invalid key issues, I prefer to decline this as I use paypal. The Shield Auto applies and must be deselected manually (usually a checkbox below the "Pay" button)

I've purchased 19 different games and sold various XBox, PS4 and PC Codes in the past (nothing listed currently) which I used to purchase some Steam games without any issues... The items you list are subject to fees and expire after a certain period of time. XBox Live time cards sell well if you have 1/2/7 and 30 day cards lying around. Nice way to monetize stuff that seems like junk. 

For discussions about G2A and key resellers in general, please discuss in this thread.

https://www.cheapass...ng-discussions/

Simple rules, No affiliate links and no one off or ultra limited items.

So here goes. The deal of the moment is:

BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT PC Steam http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.g2a.com%2Fbatpal  -> 24.44 + fees

They also have keys for Mortal Kombat X for about 13$

https://www.g2a.com/mortal-kombat-x-cd-key-global.html

They have plenty of weekly promotions,  Booster packs, DLC and Season Passes

Midweek deal page

https://www.g2a.com/midweeksale

is showing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOG GLOBAL for 27.69

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but its a preorder so the key has noot been delivered yet.
I guess this is where I don't quite understand. I can put in a code for a pre-order game on Steam right now and it just doesn't load until the day it's supposed to load.. so I guess I don't know why I'd give you money only to wait for you to give me what I'm paying for and have confidence. Pass. Good luck in your endeavor.

For bundles yes. Indies do it all the time but most major publishers will not give keys prior to release even for the reputable sites.

I continue to see unsubstantiated comments about the site being "shady". I think saying stuff like that without proof is basically slander. The reason this thread stands, while others fail, is simply that this is not a thread for affiliate profits to be made by random posters, but a thread that informs CAG's about games they may want to buy cheap. No body in this thread knows where G2A came into enough keys to promote with a big fancy banner but I think its legit as using all that artwork without Warner's permission would most likely end in tears.

If you want to find shady shit go look in the amazon trading thread, which is full of posters discussing how they send in incomplete articles hoping to fool amazon almost every other post. Why would I mention that here... Because I don't spend all my day thread crapping in that thread because I feel morally superior.

And seriously knocking CheapyD because he benefits from ads is kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.

I think the problem is you are very aggressively defending it which is leading people to believe you have some kind of personal stake in all this.

Would be best if you just ignore people that you don't agree with, or just give one civil counter point and leave at that.

It's up for people to decide to them if its worth the risk or not. Getting upset and calling people out isn't going to help your case at all.

And seriously knocking CheapyD because he benefits from ads is kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.
... you do realize this analogy is wrong, right? We're the ones that give CheapyD with our referral links. Without the users, the site wouldn't even exist.

And the fact that multiple users are saying "THIS SITE IS NO GOOD" should tell him something is wrong with it.

But considering he actually locked another G2A thread today... tells me where his intentions lie. He doesn't care if the site is shady or not. He gets his commission anyway.

(Edited to lower the tone of the comment.)

No body in this thread knows where G2A came into enough keys to promote with a big fancy banner but I think its legit as using all that artwork without Warner's permission would most likely end in tears.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You can believe that the Batman keys on G2A came from surly Ukrainian mobsters or believe that they came from the magical Steam Key tree, but one that's certain is that G2A isn't an authorized retailer.

I think the problem is you are very aggressively defending it which is leading people to believe you have some kind of personal stake in all this.

Would be best if you just ignore people that you don't agree with, or just give one civil counter point and leave at that.

It's up for people to decide to them if its worth the risk or not. Getting upset and calling people out isn't going to help your case at all.
Why are you joining the fray? I think only a very small percentage of humanity would stand in front of me and say this stuff that some feel so comfortable spewing out, and even if they did say it to my face why wouldn't they expect me to argue why I think they are wrong, Why is it different in this forum... The don't feed the trolls argument just allows for the less aggressive trolls to seem like they are making reasonable points. My personal belief is the internet is full of self serving trolls, I'm not afraid of pointing out the trolls and counter arguing their points and I will not be silent while others denigrate something I shared out of some sense of sharing.

Well good luck then. This thread isn't exactly going to do well with the approach you're taking.

Honestly when so many users are against this thread that should tell you something.

Why are you joining the fray? I think only a very small percentage of humanity would stand in front of me and say this stuff that some feel so comfortable spewing out
It's true. Few people are monstrous enough to say "Hey, I think that site is pretty shady" or "Here's a link explaining why grey market sites aren't great" or "I bought something from there and let me tell you about my bad experience". In a polite society, these people would be kept in a pen at the circus for decent, God-fearing people to gawk at and perhaps pelt with apple cores as penance for their sins.

It does, they all started out attacking G2A and the idea they may be worth discussing. I don't give a rats ass about how they feel about me personally, I really do have a very poor view of the Gen-E's, thank god their parents still support them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You can believe that the Batman keys on G2A came from surly Ukrainian mobsters or believe that they came from the magical Steam Key tree, but one that's certain is that G2A isn't an authorized retailer.
Gifts from the Steam fairy in exchange for lost teeth of little children.

fvjjat.jpg

Why are you joining the fray? I think only a very small percentage of humanity would stand in front of me and say this stuff that some feel so comfortable spewing out, and even if they did say it to my face why wouldn't they expect me to argue why I think they are wrong, Why is it different in this forum... The don't feed the trolls argument just allows for the less aggressive trolls to seem like they are making reasonable points. My personal belief is the internet is full of self serving trolls, I'm not afraid of pointing out the trolls and counter arguing their points and I will not be silent while others denigrate something I shared out of some sense of sharing.
"hey you pussy bitch how bout you say that to me face"

great argument there

e: Much as I have informed people who were about to buy useless boxes for MMOs that had gone F2P or simply inactive, I would also advise against buying from this website in real life as well. But I guess I'm just str8 trollin' them or something

God, I hope this blows up sooner, rather than later.

Like, all the codes for some Batman deal will get revoked, and erryone is gonna be gunning for that shiny, new panda rug.

God, I hope this blows up sooner, rather than later.

Like, all the codes for some Batman deal will get revoked, and erryone is gonna be gunning for that shiny, new panda rug.
Then he would disappear and a new user named unhappyhedgehog88 would show up and post

Hey friends. I wanted to tell you about this great site:

dubyadubyadubyaDOTgeeteeayyDOTcom/totallynotareferrallink

gwOlrpo.gif

So at best, the site is a self regulated bundle key marketplace where you can protect your purchase for a fee and consent to someone remotely accessing your PC. You can also purchase keys bought from other regions or outright stolen. At best.

No judgment because I do it myself, but technically you're not supposed to be reselling or even giving away bundle keys or selling keys outside of the region they were sold in.

This is taking all the most flattering things the panda said about the site.

That's the thing. It happens and people do it. It's going to go on no matter what. Whatever. But Bitch Please don't act like it's legit. It's not and stop pretending it is. We're not dumbasses.

Also I don't think it belongs on a site that is supposed to be reputable. Otherwise you might as well just let people willy nilly post torrents and links to pirated shit and whatever.

I'm not naive enough to think people won't do those things or that there aren't other places to find them, I just don't think it belongs here.

Hey OP, can I use this thread for a project I have to do in my financing class? I need examples on how people profit from the "digital world" and this would be perfect. But to be noted, i will quote this as a negative response to business, and I will be likely comparing this to loan-sharks from the early 1900's. Thanks in advance! 

Hey OP, can I use this thread for a project I have to do in my financing class? I need examples on how people profit from the "digital world" and this would be perfect. But to be noted, i will quote this as a negative response to business, and I will be likely comparing this to loan-sharks from the early 1900's. Thanks in advance!
Here's how people profit from the digital world.

Step 1: Go to summer camp.

Step 2: Receive strange device.

Step 3: Transport to digital world.

Step 4: Befriend sentient creature you find there.

Step 5: Change into Digital Champions.

Step 6: Save the digital world.

Step 7: Return to real world

Step 8: Apply the life lessons you learned during your strange journey.

Step 9: ???

Step 10: Profit!!

...Yeah, I did just type all that out for a dumb Digimon joke. And it was worth it.

Their Twitter reads like a customer service nightmare:

https://twitter.com/G2A_com/with_replies

Just looking at all the responses to people claiming that they've been ripped off and have waited weeks, months for responses from G2A tells me that, even *if* they have no ill intent, they're a shoddy company at best.  Real companies don't let claims like these languish for weeks, or even days.  They are handled within 24-48 hours max.

As tempted as the cheap-ass in me is to give this a try, I simply can't stomach the idea of potentially getting ripped off.

If you want me to say it to your face, feel free to use your stolen credit card to buy a plane ticket to Michigan.

Their Twitter reads like a customer service nightmare:

https://twitter.com/G2A_com/with_replies
Reading through all of those puts the "I ordered three times and never had an issue" into perspective. Sure, YOU might have never had a problem but a whole lot of people are asking G2A about their revoked keys, invalid keys, lack of refunds, long support wait times, etc.

I'm sure they're all just Polygon Drones trying to spread disinformation and trolling about this totally legitimate site with a Batman banner.

Oh that's probably just the people who refused to pay the digital protection money. Duh.
Well there's the basic digital protection, which gets you a response weeks or months later or there's the upgraded "Fast Track" protection which allows you to cut in line with your support ticket. There's also the "New Game Replacement" feature that will replace your game for full price of what you paid instead of their usual tactic of delaying to respond for 3 months until the game you paid for is 75% off and then only refunding you the sale price and giving you a link where you can purchase it.*

*I made this last part up, but that would be hilarious.

Reading through all of those puts the "I ordered three times and never had an issue" into perspective. Sure, YOU might have never had a problem but a whole lot of people are asking G2A about their revoked keys, invalid keys, lack of refunds, long support wait times, etc.

I'm sure they're all just Polygon Drones trying to spread disinformation and trolling about this totally legitimate site with a Batman banner.
No, if you have anything with Batman on your site it needs to have permission from Warner Bros. G2A is legit, because WB would spend the time and money litigating otherwise.

Also Polygon is really shitty. That part is not sarcastic. To call someone a Polygon drone is far more insulting than anything that has been levied against Panda.

Oh that's probably just the people who refused to pay the digital protection money. Duh.
Ey, dat's a nice game ya got there. It'd be a shame if anything... Happened to it, capisce?

No, if you have anything with Batman on your site it needs to have permission from Warner Bros. G2A is legit, because WB would spend the time and money litigating otherwise.
This is a pretty laughable statement, to be brutally honest. If every company out there spent the money/time/resources needed to litigate every single one of these situations, they would go bankrupt very quickly. They will sooner just deactivate the bogus codes and leave people with nothing to show for their money spent than they'll take the time to sue a foreign company over which they would have no control in terms of litigation, or ability to collect any settlement owed.

This is a pretty laughable statement, to be brutally honest. If every company out there spent the money/time/resources needed to litigate every single one of these situations, they would go bankrupt very quickly. They will sooner just deactivate the bogus codes and leave people with nothing to show for their money spent than they'll take the time to sue a foreign company over which they would have no control in terms of litigation, or ability to collect any settlement owed.
I have had a rather different experience, just last night I had an exchange with the VP of MisFit Shine (I know stupid name), about an item I had listed on Amazon. He was demanding I take my single item bought on clearance down because I was not an authorized dealer and I was infringing on his companies trade marks. I reminded him that I was entitled to resell an item I had bought and any copyright issues he had should be addressed with Amazon seeing as it was their website providing all the artwork. My item sold about 2 hours later and I was left wondering why this company would expend energy with individual sellers when it should work with Amazon to prevent items being listed as New, which is very common especially with electronics where sometimes warranties are only valid when purchased from an authorized seller.

If any one wants to check the supreme court ruled in 2013 that if you buy an item you are entitled to resell it.

http://smallbiztrends.com/2013/03/resale-rights-you-bought-own.html

So reselling something is perfectly legal, and that includes items purchased outside of the U.S

If the developer wants to prevent these types of transactions they can include region restricting DRM in their product for all future products sold. Doing it retroactively runs into legal and liability issues. Why do you think the goliath Steam didn't retroactively adjust keys during the recent devaluation of the ruble.

I like this thread. It's weird and cultish, sort of like Scientology. You get someone to say "This is the best!" then some people say "Actually, it's not so good; here's my experience" and then out come the character attack longknives with the "people who say otherwise are drones" and "they're all pissy and butthurt" and "they're all exaggerating and lying". And the "I did it and it's great!" comments out of the woodwork. We even have someone professing how G2A has made him a better humanitarian.

A bizarre level of devotion to a website and a real hornets' nest if you dare imply that it might not be on the up and up :whee:
You dwell on the past like a scrooge, and you take things out of context like a spunky 15 year old. Just make sure to at least tag me in your next out-of-context and indirect insults, I want a good laugh like everyone else here.

You dwell on the past like a scrooge, and you take things out of context like a spunky 15 year old. Just make sure to at least tag me in your next out-of-context and indirect insults, I want a good laugh like everyone else here.
You shouldn't be getting so familiar with 15 year old's spunk. Sadpanda will tell you, that's actually illegal.

The issue was never "You're not allowed to sell the keys so they'll be revoked" so the prattle about first sale doctrine is pretty irrelevant.  The issue is "When you're not buying from an authorized reseller, you run a much greater risk of purchasing keys fraudulently obtained, out of region, etc and thus lose your money when that key is made unusable."  No one is worried that Vlad the Mad Keyseller isn't following WB's rules, they're worried that Vlad is using stolen credit cards, stolen retail box keys or that keys from Vlad Land will get a region lock.  At which point you get to deal with G2A's stellar customer service (*additional charge, restrictions apply).

Steam doesn't region lock stuff, that's a decision by the publisher.  Steam reacted to the crash in the ruble by disabling cross-region trading via Steam but a ROW key is still a ROW key until the publisher says otherwise.  2K and Ubisoft have played with retroactively region restricting games after launch.  You also (for preorders) run the risk of a key getting region locked before launch.  I bought a Russian Alien Isolation key a few months before launch when there was no region flagging yet shown on Steamdb.  A week before launch... now it's a RU/CIS key.  Completely within the publisher's rights and abilities.  That key was licensed to be sold to RU/CIS regions and the fact that it makes me out of luck is meaningless from any internet lawyer perspective.

yeah that was my point dingus

I have had a rather different experience, just last night I had an exchange with the VP of MisFit Shine (I know stupid name), about an item I had listed on Amazon. He was demanding I take my single item bought on clearance down because I was not an authorized dealer and I was infringing on his companies trade marks. I reminded him that I was entitled to resell an item I had bought and any copyright issues he had should be addressed with Amazon seeing as it was their website providing all the artwork. My item sold about 2 hours later and I was left wondering why this company would expend energy with individual sellers when it should work with Amazon to prevent items being listed as New, which is very common especially with electronics where sometimes warranties are only valid when purchased from an authorized seller.

If any one wants to check the supreme court ruled in 2013 that if you buy an item you are entitled to resell it.

http://smallbiztrends.com/2013/03/resale-rights-you-bought-own.html

So reselling something is perfectly legal, and that includes items purchased outside of the U.S

If the developer wants to prevent these types of transactions they can include region restricting DRM in their product for all future products sold. Doing it retroactively runs into legal and liability issues. Why do you think the goliath Steam didn't retroactively adjust keys during the recent devaluation of the ruble.
because they're a small, new startup with a fairly niche product. wb might send a cease and desist but otherwise they probably don't give two fucks if someone has a picture of a game they're selling without permission (whatever the legality of said selling might be)

also, yes, you can resell something that you own. the problem is that buying digital games (and even physical, when you get down to it, since you have to hit yes on a EULA if you want to play anything online) is that you technically don't "own" it, you're essentially leasing it under license from the publisher.

so naw son

for the record if anyone wants to do this, go for it, but my advice is to not do it on your main steam account. make a secondary one just for shady-ass keys so if valve decides to ban you you're not out much

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back