OFFICIAL Gamecube Memory Card 251, 9.99 at ToysRus B&M

msdmoney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This deal is somewhat strange so bear with me. Credit for this goes to gideon68 at DVDtalk and VGtalk with more info from Tubtub at those sites.
I searched and couldn't find so hopefully not a repost.

ToysRus currently has the official Gamecube Memory Cards (251) for 9.99, although the deal is unadvertised. It won't even show up if you get it scanned, you have to basically get to your total to see the price.

They will only scan this way however if it is the newer memory card packaging. More info: (from Tubtub)

"Nintendo recently redesigned the Memory Card package. The package that is really big and has been out ever since the 251 memory card has been out is still $24.99 and will ring up at this price without a discount.

The new memory card package for the 251 is much smaller(similar to the PS2 memory card packaging in size), and is under a different SKN number. This one is actually $5 cheaper than the old package at $19.99. Only this memory card will ring up $9.99. That's why you couldn't get one at the cheap price.

Pictures are here of the old one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...63?v=glance&n=1061384&s=toys&m=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG

Pictures are here of the new one:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...63?v=glance&n=1061384&s=toys&m=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG

If those links don't work, just go to toysrus.com and type these SKN numbers in the search box: 580247 for the old memory card and 947639 for the new packaging."

So only the newer memory card with the 947639 will ring up at 9.99.

This has been confirmed by numerous people and worked for me yesterday 2/19/04. I had to go to two stores, one had the old SKN and rang up at 24.99 and one had the new SKN, scanned at 19.99 then totalled to 10.71 w/ tax.

Hopefully it works for you guys.

When you scan it though it comes up for $19.99, but at the register it is $9.99, how does that work?

I'll go check it out after class. I've been needing a new GC memory card. This looks like a good deal.

[quote name='DRJ555']When you scan it though it comes up for $19.99, but at the register it is $9.99, how does that work?[/quote]

Honestly I wish I could explain why it works that way. I would think the price it scans at would be the final price, but somehow it scans at 19.99 then the end total comes to 9.99. Maybe it is some sort of glitch in the system, instant savings that doesn't show up in a simple price check.

At the first store when it rang up as 24.99 (they used the old SKN numbers) I just said oops I grabbed the wrong item, I thought it was a different price. Then I tried at a different store.

I just picked one up at a Vegas Toys R Us. There were plenty on the shelf.

Thanks for the info on this cheap ass deal!

At TRU, promos ring up after the cashier hits total(thats why it shows $19.99 at first). For some reason this is a promo item this week, and not a glitch in the system. I have a theory as to why it rings up like this. In this weeks TRU ad, there is a bundle deal for the Cube(100), 2 games(50), and the Intec offbrand memory card(10) for $130($30 off). But most stores are out of the Intec 4 meg memory card, so stores are allowed to substitute the $20 251 memory card, but if they do that, the bundle deal would ring as $140 instead of the advertised $130(when you buy all the items listed it takes $30 off for the bundle promotion), so TRU meant to reduce the memory card cost if you buy a bundle. We'll find out if this is true after this weekend. The bundle deal ends Saturday, so I bet that will be the last day it will be $9.99 for the card, but it might not end until next Saturday since there is another bundle being offered. We'll find out soon.

Another interesting thing. TRU has the Platinum pro gamers kit that comes with an Intec controller and other stuff. It's advertised in the R-zone ad for $29.99 after a $10 promo(regularly $39.99), but there was a price drop to 29.99 awhile ago, but the promo will still take off $10, so you basically get the kit for $20. Of course it is Intec, so it's not that great of a deal...

holy crap... my memory card *is* about to run out of room... Although that will mean my budget will be a bit tighter... But thats a damn nice price...

I can confirm that this works at the Toys R Us in Fort Wayne Indiana. I couldn't find that sku anywhere on the package so I just went for it. When I found it worked I bought another, incidentially the last one. Thanks for this fabulous deal. My 59 card is full and since I just ordered mario golf, party 5, a and double dash for 96 dollars shipped I needed a place to store these games. Thanks again.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i've got two already, one for free. i don't see how i'll ever run out of memory.[/quote]

Go play Sims Bustin' Out. :p It requires a 251, and you can only have one game per card.

[quote name='tubtub']At TRU, promos ring up after the cashier hits total(thats why it shows $19.99 at first). For some reason this is a promo item this week, and not a glitch in the system. I have a theory as to why it rings up like this. In this weeks TRU ad, there is a bundle deal for the Cube(100), 2 games(50), and the Intec offbrand memory card(10) for $130($30 off). But most stores are out of the Intec 4 meg memory card, so stores are allowed to substitute the $20 251 memory card, but if they do that, the bundle deal would ring as $140 instead of the advertised $130(when you buy all the items listed it takes $30 off for the bundle promotion), so TRU meant to reduce the memory card cost if you buy a bundle. We'll find out if this is true after this weekend. The bundle deal ends Saturday, so I bet that will be the last day it will be $9.99 for the card, but it might not end until next Saturday since there is another bundle being offered. We'll find out soon.

[/quote]

Thats what I figured too

[quote name='tubtub']Another interesting thing. TRU has the Platinum pro gamers kit that comes with an Intec controller and other stuff. It's advertised in the R-zone ad for $29.99 after a $10 promo(regularly $39.99), but there was a price drop to 29.99 awhile ago, but the promo will still take off $10, so you basically get the kit for $20. Of course it is Intec, so it's not that great of a deal...[/quote]
Back in January, they had the Intec brand Gameboy Advance Pro Gamer's Kits on sale for $19.99, so I bought two of them (one Indigo, one Glacier). Sure, the items inside aren't top quality, but the aluminum carrying case is very durable and has plenty of extra grooves and pouches inside for extra GBAs, games, or whatever.

Inside the case, they included: (1) Wing Grip (gives the GBA a comfortable controller feel), (1) screen lens (to shield the screen from scratches), (1) light & game shield (flip-down design that uses the two clamp grooves on top of the GBA and two AAA batteries...I personally don't use it), (1) multi-player link cable, (2) rechargeable battery packs (one for GBA and one for GBC...go figure; the GBA battery direction is the reverse of GBC), (1) car adaptor (which plugs into the previously mentioned battery packs), (2) game covers (snaps onto the front of the GBA to give it a new look; one is gold, the other is silver...I also don't have any use for these), and (6) GBA game cases (I had some other 3rd party GBA game cases that were poorly designed, causing them to be extremely difficult to open when there was an actual game inside...fortunately, however, these Intec cases work perfectly).

There are also (2) small silica gel desiccant packages inside to give it that "make-you-sick new car smell", so throw those away and let your case air out for awhile (or spray some Fabreze inside). The Wing Grip handle has an AC port in the bottom and two metallic connectors where the battery case ends up when sliding the GBA into place. It seems to be meant to power the GBA when there are no batteries and no battery cover, but I can't figure out how to use it to power my GBA. The connector on the upper right touches the upper battery case spring, but the one on the lower left doesn't touch the lower battery case spring. If anyone knows how I'm supposed to get this to work properly, let me know. I'm stumped! It doesn't work in conjunction with the battery pack or anything else that came with the kit.

Overall, I feel that this is a good deal overall for GBA owners who, like myself, who don't already have most of these items already.

Thanks for posting about the $9.99 GC memory card 251. I, too, have filled up my card 59 and need some more memory.

[quote name='The_Continental']Picked one up. Great deal.

There are about 10 left at the Tallahassee store[/quote]

Whoa, a fellow Tallahasseeian. I'm heading up to the TRU store tonight to pick one up for my self, thanks for the heads up. . .

This is what the pro gamers kit has:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ef=sr_1_9/104-0651064-2395914?v=glance&s=toys

Type skn 791183 into toysrus.com's search box if that doesn't bring it up. Basically the website has it for the correct $29.99, but in the b&m stores it will be $19.99 after the $10 promo. The Platinum Pro Gamer's Kit includes : Heavy Duty Aluminum Case, G-Force Controller, 6 Game Cases, 4MB Memory Card, Controller Extension Cable. So you do get a bunch of stuff for $20, so for many people it might be worth it. Guyjin seems to be happy with his Gameboy stuff, and it doubles as a carry case(most of the ones that are just cases are $19.99). Anyway just wanted to post about what comes with it since I posted that above.

GO TO TOYS R US NOW!!!
I thought I'd stock up on the mem cards because they're so cheap so I went to the register with four of the official nintendo memory cards 251 in new packaging...now here comes the good part...not only did it go down from 19.99 to 9.99 it triggered the gamecube bundle deal and took off another 30.00!!! sorry about the caps but I REPEAT IT TOOK OFF ANOTHER 30.00!!! Hurry quick because the manager pulled the rest of the shelf so I couldn't go back...I still cant believe I paid a little over TEN BUCKS FOR FOUR 251 MEMORY CARDS!!! sorry again about the caps...

[quote name='benboxer']GO TO TOYS R US NOW!!!
I thought I'd stock up on the mem cards because they're so cheap so I went to the register with four of the official nintendo memory cards 251 in new packaging...now here comes the good part...not only did it go down from 19.99 to 9.99 it triggered the gamecube bundle deal and took off another 30.00!!! sorry about the caps but I REPEAT IT TOOK OFF ANOTHER 30.00!!! Hurry quick because the manager pulled the rest of the shelf so I couldn't go back...I still cant believe I paid a little over TEN BUCKS FOR FOUR 251 MEMORY CARDS!!! sorry again about the caps...[/quote]

THANK YOU! IT works!

My friend and I went and bought 3 today and when I came home to check this thread I saw your post. So then I went to the TRU on sherman way and woodley to get 4 and it was $10.76 total for 4! I'll be returning 3 with the old receipt on Monday, but what a great deal!

if someone has time to try this tomorrow or Monday please post what happens. If this is still working Monday I would definately want to go try this as i'll be to busy Sunday. Please and thank you.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this deal, and a special thanks to benboxer for the 4 for 1 deal information. I am now the happy owner of 4 GC 251 memory cards. :D

The bundle deal ends today, so tonight I expect most of the promo offers will be corrected as this was part of the bundle deal promotion/error. But there is a bundle deal ending next week(2/29), so it might still work tomorrow depending if they allow the 251 memory card to be a substitution still. I'll post tomorrow if it still works, but I'm sure someone will beat me to it by the time I get to post...

Wow, 4 for the price of one which is already ten bucks off. So it is really 4 for the price of HALF of one. Damn, i can't believe i missed out on this.

A little > $10 for 4 mem cards?! That is total sweetness! I went to my two area TRUs and found only 2 cards, but still, 2 for $20 is pretty good. I'll have to call and see when they get more in for another mem card run! Gotta get me the bundle deal baby!

i picked up a memory card teh new one and it rang up 19.99 i even said i thought they were 9.99 and she said no. this is the newer ones. btw this is in St Pete florida

No luck for me in the Bay Area, CA. Only one memory card left, rang up 19.99, totalled $21 something with tax, was the new packaging too...

It must have ended yesterday (Saturday). I went to 2 TRU today in Lansing and Okemos (MI) to no avail.

DAMN 3d party mem cards for GC suck bigtime, I really needed a couple too!

bread's done
Back