Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='CaseyRyback']fuck a bunch of Canals. I fucking hate that map.

Gimme some of that Mansion.

And they better announce a pack with War and Clock soon. Shit ain't going to cut it with just 15 maps.[/QUOTE]
Gears only had 16 maps (10 retail, 6 DLC) through out it's whole life cycle... Gears 2 is launching with 15.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']fuck a bunch of Canals. I fucking hate that map.

Gimme some of that Mansion.

And they better announce a pack with War and Clock soon. Shit ain't going to cut it with just 15 maps.[/quote]Hey Casey, you stink.

Canals is :cool:

lol Canals is my favorite map but I hate playing it with random people. Once I just went and grabbed the sniper without asking, got a headshot on the guy trying to do the wall slide grab and scoped back in to see if his friend was going to try and pick it up. Get killed by someone claiming the gun was his. Then 2 seconds his head falls off. People think they own certain weapons even when they arent any good with them in Gears.

[quote name='zewone']Gears only had 16 maps (10 retail, 6 DLC) through out it's whole life cycle... Gears 2 is launching with 15.[/QUOTE]

15 new? or 15 with the remakes?

I just got this yesterday..Shits intense...Quick question for anyone else with a retail copy....Does your map code work or do we have to wait until release date????

GearsOfWar2-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DoubleOThrowed']I just got this yesterday..Shits intense...Quick question for anyone else with a retail copy....Does your map code work or do we have to wait until release date????

GearsOfWar2-1.jpg
[/quote]

head asplodes.

The 1600 MS Points card is a great value but unless CC does a midnight launch I may have to go with BB. Nov 7 is my day off work and I can't imagine having to wait until the following morning to play Gears just for that card.

About these golden weapons, does anyone know if we have the option to turn it off? I'm just not really a bling-bling type of person so the gold plating may annoy me later on.

Gears of War 2's 'Seriously' achievement already unlocked
Thursday 30-Oct-2008 11:57 AM

Players who have acquired Gears of War 2 ahead of its release date have already unlocked the 'Seriously 2.0' achievement.

'Seriously...' was a notoriously tough achievement in Gears of War, requiring players clock up 10,000 kills in multiplayer.

However, despite 'Seriously 2.0' now needing 100,000 kills, because kills from every game mode counts, it's much easier to unlock. Friend of OXM, Stefan Hobman, has already unlocked the achievement and provided us with picture proof.

After unlocking the achievement, he tells us that:
# There is NO gamerpic for getting Seriously 2.0, unlike the original Seriously achievement.
# It's possible to get 100 kills a minute.
# The achievement can be unlocked in under 24 hours actual gameplay time.
# The easiest way to get the achievement is by repeatedly playing the last level of Gears of War 2's Campaign mode.

It's a shame that there's no gamerpic and that the achievement is much easier to unlock, as it means there's unlikely to be a 'badge of honour' achievement in the same way the original Seriously achievement was.​
http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=6798

[quote name='slickkill77']Um you can get it in single player so it is easier. Yea its a lot but...[/QUOTE]
It's more fun and easier for me to get kills in ranked matches. Gettin' 10,000 kills in multiplayer =easy

Gettin' 100,000 kills in any mode = pain in the fucking ass. It'll take around 90 hours, and that's if you keep playing the same section, over and over again.

[quote name='menikmati']Ten THOUSAND.[/QUOTE]

One hundred THOUSAND.

[quote name='zewone']Whoever is the asshole saying it's easier to unlock can fuck off.[/quote]It's less time consuming than the first Seriously (at least if you are doing endurance killing like the guy who got the achievement already) and 1,000x more boring.

You make it sound (when you say less time consuming) like it's fast to get.

At least 90 hours of playing the same section.

[quote name='zewone']You make it sound (when you say less time consuming) like it's fast to get.

At least 90 hours of playing the same section.[/quote]I want to see your math for this. I can get at least 100 kills in a minute and a half, which translates into 4,000 kills an hour. If I repeat that one hour of 4,000 kills 25 times (aka 25 hours of gameplay), then I have my achievement. I don't know where 90 hours came from.

100 kills every 5 minutes (I don't know where you are getting it in 1 and half). 5 minutes x 100 = 1,000 kills every 50 minutes.

50 minutes x 100 = 5,000 minutes

Wish it was multiplayer only but not restricted to ranked only. Single player kills should not count way to easy

[quote name='zewone']100 kills every 5 minutes (I don't know where you are getting it in 1 and half). 5 minutes x 100 = 1,000 kills every 50 minutes.

50 minutes x 100 = 5,000 minutes[/quote]

lrn2read.

[quote name='Mojimbo']
Gears of War 2's 'Seriously' achievement already unlocked
Thursday 30-Oct-2008 11:57 AM

# It's possible to get 100 kills a minute.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=6798[/quote]

So, if you play it safe and even say that you get 100 kills in TWO minutes, not even 1 minute:

100,000 kills / 50 kills per minute = 2000 minutes.

2000 minutes / 60 minutes per hour = 33.33 hours.

Wut wut in the butt.

[quote name='help1']lrn2read.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, dumbass. I'm the one out of the two of us who actually has the game. I know how long it takes to get 100 kills. That other guy is full of shit, he's not counting the loading times it takes to re-start the chapter.

[quote name='zewone']Hey, dumbass. I'm the one out of the two of us who actually has the game. I know how long it takes to get 100 kills. That other guy is full of shit, he's not counting the loading times it takes to re-start the chapter.[/quote]

Hey dumbass, how was I supposed to know you have the game already?

fucking idiot.

Also, I factored in TWO minutes, instead of one and it still came up short of your "90 hours."

If I said it would take 5 minutes to get 100 kills, I would still be owning your projections.

Hey, you fucking idiot. You have to get to the very last chapter in the game to get to the spot to exploit. So, 83 hours of whoring + 9 hours to beat the game (to get to the chapter you need to achievement whore), you do the math.

You should just keep your ideas to yourself when you have no idea about the topic at hand.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's a shame that there's no gamerpic and that the achievement is much easier to unlock, as it means there's unlikely to be a 'badge of honour' achievement in the same way the original Seriously achievement was.[/quote]

Maybe you need to have the new xbox live experience DLed to unlock something for your avatar. Just a thought...

[quote name='Kevlar281']Maybe you need to have the new xbox live experience DLed to unlock something for your avatar. Just a thought...[/quote]

Good call...that wouldn't surprise me.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Well this sucks, preordered Gears 2 LE at Gamestop, then today my 360 dies :([/quote]

I feel your pain :\
Just had to order a coffin for mine the other day.

[quote name='-BigC-']Wish it was multiplayer only but not restricted to ranked only. Single player kills should not count way to easy[/quote]

While I understand where you're coming from, this isn't a good idea.

To put things in perspective, I played Halo 2 for more than three years. Over those three years, I accumulated ~94,000 kills. This is in a game that had respawns all the time and where I could sometimes rack up 30+ kills in a game.

Now compare that to Gears, and it would take forever to get in multiplayer. I will be playing Gears 3 by the time I would have gotten that if the achievement was for multiplayer only.

It should have been 20,000 multiplayer kills. Not too easy, and something that you have to work towards.

I wouldn't have minded the Seriously 2.0 achievement (as compared to Gears of War 1's) as much if the main way of racking up kills was MP based - say, if there were spots on Horde mode where you could pull off 100 kills within a couple minutes. Having to whore out single player is pretty weak, but I still think I'm going to go for it for completion's sake.

Yeah shit like this makes me glad that I never gave two shits about achievements and gamerscore.

I'll occasionally work for some if they're fun to get and can stretch a game out, but I never do them just to get the gamer points, much less do one that's a pain in the ass to get the points.

[quote name='Trakan']While I understand where you're coming from, this isn't a good idea.

To put things in perspective, I played Halo 2 for more than three years. Over those three years, I accumulated ~94,000 kills. This is in a game that had respawns all the time and where I could sometimes rack up 30+ kills in a game.

Now compare that to Gears, and it would take forever to get in multiplayer. I will be playing Gears 3 by the time I would have gotten that if the achievement was for multiplayer only.

It should have been 20,000 multiplayer kills. Not too easy, and something that you have to work towards.[/QUOTE]

and I played Call of Duty 4 and got over 100k kills in under 6 months. If your going to make something seem like its for the most elite aka the people who put the most time in. Then might as well make it just that. I think 50k kills public/ranked would be the best imo

It's easier to get kills in Call of Duty 4 than Halo 2.

I do wish Seriously 2.0 was something more reasonable in ranked only.

[quote name='-BigC-']and I played Call of Duty 4 and got over 100k kills in under 6 months. If your going to make something seem like its for the most elite aka the people who put the most time in. Then might as well make it just that. I think 50k kills public/ranked would be the best imo[/quote]
But the fact of the matter is, some of the most dedicated and the ones that put in the most time are not always the top elites. It just seems durastic like they want you to lose countless hours to get this achievement.

Im not comparing difficulty of kills to any game, just saying that number may seem high but its obtainable. The best players play the most, maybe not the #1 most played but near the top of hours put in. Cant be that good without putting in a lot of time. I just think its a great way to give something to the most dedicated players playing your game. I like little shit to keep me playing a game, I quit Gears 3 different times because there was no goals to get. Call of Duty 4 gave me some and kept me interested and playing heavy for months. I just hope more developers do stuff like that, I want that gold star for all the time I play

[quote name='-BigC-']and I played Call of Duty 4 and got over 100k kills in under 6 months. If your going to make something seem like its for the most elite aka the people who put the most time in. Then might as well make it just that. I think 50k kills public/ranked would be the best imo[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not far from those stats in COD4 either. Your thinking is way overkill. I'd be playing Gears 3 by the time anyone got 50,000 kills.

Did you play Gears 1? How many kills did you get in the timeframe between the time it released and now?

bread's done
Back