Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

I never played ranked because I wasnt a fan of being kicked out of the room after every match. Serious 1 wasnt really possible for most people so why should this be any different? Why not have something out there to reward the most dedicated people. My CoD stats have nothing to do with this game though, just brought it up because someone else mentioned there kills. Really it should be something 90% of the people who play the game probably couldnt get within 1 year. All imo

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='-BigC-']I never played ranked because I wasnt a fan of being kicked out of the room after every match. Serious 1 wasnt really possible for most people so why should this be any different? Why not have something out there to reward the most dedicated people. My CoD stats have nothing to do with this game though, just brought it up because someone else mentioned there kills. Really it should be something 90% of the people who play the game probably couldnt get within 1 year. All imo[/quote]

I think getting into a new game after every match is good. I hate being stuck with people who don't know what they are doing, or just are terrible at the game. Also, why didn't you just set go into matches of rounds of 8? Those games are like 30 minutes, and so you are only looking for a game for about 5 minutes.

Edit: I guess it would be great if after every match teams were shuffled, and you had the option to vote people out. Then again, that vote option would probably get abused with all the fighting going on in gears ranked matches.

It took me a year to get Seriously in Gears of War 1, I now have a total of 12,000 kills, but have not touched it in over 6 months...

I like playing with good people over and over, I normally try to play with friends and then just play in 1 room all night. The odds of finding a good game in ranked with a decent team is very small. Then people quit and you have to play down the rest of the match.

[quote name='Poor2More']It took me a year to get Seriously in Gears of War 1, I now have a total of 12,000 kills, but have not touched it in over 6 months...[/quote]

Same here, but I'm still going, up to 14,000 now.

Wow.

Player matches, unless you had the 8 people, took much longer to fill. In ranked, if you had 3 friends with you, you only had to wait for the other 4. I admit, that did take way too long sometimes, but it still was shorter than waiting for players in player matches.

Actually finding matches to play with your friends required no effort at all. Just find the room they're hosting. No wonder you guys are sour on that shit.

Again I didnt like having to change rooms every match. If you could stay in the same room I would of played nothing but ranked matches.

[quote name='seanr1221']Im sour on shit? And my friends IRL could care less about stats or achievments so yes, it did take more effort.[/quote]

Agreed. Having your friends sort through specific gametypes just to find your game was annoying, especially with private chat being limited to 2 people.

As far as it's been shown, ranked matches still don't support party support (officially). So I doubt you can take your friends easily into a ranked match. Otherwise it would be rather easy to exploit.

well i agreed with the store that if i dont spoil were i got it from i could buy it from him

no im swedish.

well since i did not spend 60$ on it i spend more like 55 $ on it. and any game a week before its release is a valid buy ;)

this month i got fable 2 for about 30$ fallout 3 for 35$ and lego batman for 20$ also brothers in arms 20$ that is as cheap as it gets on the release day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ace!']Cool, I have had it for 2 1/2 weeks :)[/quote]

youtuve vid or it did not happen ;)

do you have problems beeing disconnected from XBL when booting the game?

[quote name='jonny_ebe']well since i did not spend 60$ on it i spend more like 55 $ on it. and any game a week before its release is a valid buy ;)

this month i got fable 2 for about 30$ fallout 3 for 35$ and lego batman for 20$ also brothers in arms 20$ that is as cheap as it gets on the release day.[/quote]

Where the hell do you get your games?! I want to go there!

[quote name='jonny_ebe']youtuve vid or it did not happen ;)

do you have problems beeing disconnected from XBL when booting the game?[/QUOTE]

I cant get on xbl with mine :)

[quote name='jonny_ebe']youtuve vid or it did not happen ;)

do you have problems beeing disconnected from XBL when booting the game?[/QUOTE]

and all you have to do is look for the nzb files...its been out for a while now :)

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Where the hell do you get your games?! I want to go there![/quote]

sorry for my crappy english!

there was a campain on those games on a GAME store here in sweden that if you trade in 2 games you get the others for fre or ad 10-15$ so i went out and got the club and dynasty warriors for 10$ each.

i cant explain how mad the clerk went when i got into the store with 3 dynasty and 3 club for 3 brothers in arms. and they were still sealed ;)

same thing with lego batman and fable 2. fallout i was the only one in my family that exploited that deal.

there is going to be a similar deal on gears 2. trade in 2 games (dynasty and club) and get gears and a 10$ gift card. but i tought i want to be first to finish the game so i could not wait.

[quote name='Ace!']and all you have to do is look for the nzb files...its been out for a while now :)[/quote]

is that some haxx? i dont use the haxx. i am a honest gamer :D

[quote name='Ace!']And I am 55 bucks richer :)[/quote]

no since you did not get 55$ when you DL it. you SAVED
55$ but i want to suport the makers of the games. not cheat.

i have over 47 360 games retail and that is a collection i am proud of.

[quote name='jonny_ebe']no since you did not get 55$ when you DL it. you SAVED

i have over 47 360 games retail and that is a collection i am proud of.[/QUOTE]

Decent collection I guess...

Maybe cutting out a few of the games, you could have gotten a cam that would have recorded a bit better :) J/K

[quote name='Ace!']Decent collection I guess...

Maybe cutting out a few of the games, you could have gotten a cam that would have recorded a bit better :) J/K[/quote]

and 10+ ps3 games and a few wii games.

i have over 47 360 games retail and that is a collection i am proud of.[/quote]
:applause:

Can't wait for this game! I'm looking forward to the campaign and lasting fun with the multiplayer! :bouncy:

I can't believe you've managed to pick them up so cheap! I need to find one of those stores around here...

i have over 47 360 games retail and that is a collection i am proud of.[/QUOTE]

Good job, if true.

Not to mention that gears without multiplayer isn't really gears.

ub_b0aec14064590b5dccbb9dda8565ae3c.jpg

thats a old pic. but it is missing about 5-6 games since i took that photo. a fellow boroed one of my 360 to play gears 1 and force unleashed

[quote name='YodaEXE']Congrats on wasting $60.

Sorry, but I think the Gears of War series is crap.[/quote]

Don't worry. We share the same mind set. Yet people think it is so Revolutionary. Why?

But anyways, congrats on getting an Early copy. Hope you enjoy it.

so where did everyone preorder from? i want to preorder it and am considering Circuit City over GS and BB since they have the $10 GC and does anyone know if on top of that u can get the 1600 point card? and BB is only giving that crappy car right? and GS isn't giving anything are they? and does EVERY store that opens midnight give away Gold Hammerburst codes?

sorry for all the ???'s but i need to reserve on monday, just wanna get the best deal possible

[quote name='eminemobied12']so where did everyone preorder from? i want to preorder it and am considering Circuit City over GS and BB since they have the $10 GC[/quote]

That's where I was going to pre-order from but their website no longer shows the $10 GC :cry:

Still might go first day for the 1600 pt card though.

CC is not doing midnight event. The 1600 points card is a $20 value so I would want it but if I had to choose, I would rather have the luxury of playing it at midnight release. If I can get my BB to price match the offer, I can play early and get 1600 points.

[quote name='nintendokid']CC is not doing midnight event. The 1600 points card is a $20 value so I would want it but if I had to choose, I would rather have the luxury of playing it at midnight release. If I can get my BB to price match the offer, I can play early and get 1600 points.[/quote]

no s**t? wow i did not know that, that is the ULTIMATE dealbreaker, u have officially made the choice for me and i thank you... and i forgot about price matching... worst case they say no (do stores price match "buy this get this free" normally or is that YMMV?)

I was all set for GOW 2, took Friday off from work to play all day and just this past Friday, my 2 year old 360 gets the RROD and no longer works. The timing really sucks, man, I was all set to go on a GOW2 binge. I guess I might as well go into work on Friday.

Buy new 360, get old one repaired, get it back, then sell it. You may lose ~$50 but you would get a more reliable system, longer warranty etc...Just a thought. Thats what I have done the two times my systems have died

yea my 360 don't read discs but i am buying an arcade tomorrow and 2 year warranty. I can just use my120 gig on that arcade and i am good to go with a better 360 since mine is an older version.

[quote name='slickkill77']Buy new 360, get old one repaired, get it back, then sell it. You may lose ~$50 but you would get a more reliable system, longer warranty etc...Just a thought. Thats what I have done the two times my systems have died[/quote]
Seems kinda over the top if you ask me. Spending an extra $50 just so you can play the game earlier a few weeks? I'd say just wait until the repair. If not, go to a friend's house and play some co-op with him or something.

Anybody going to pick up the Strategy Guide for GOW2? It comes with 12-month calender.

Best Buy will be offering 25% Off ($14.99) Regular guide with the purchase of the game.

Did not pick it up for the last game. Don't know if it will be worth it?

[quote name='Littlefields']Seems kinda over the top if you ask me. Spending an extra $50 just so you can play the game earlier a few weeks? I'd say just wait until the repair. If not, go to a friend's house and play some co-op with him or something.[/quote]
I wouldn't do it if it's only to play a game a week and a half early, but I do think it is worth the money to get a new arcade. Newer systems are reliable, quiet, more energy efficient, cooler temp., etc.

Also with the arcade you get the disc with 5 arcade games, and a memory card is nice to have to bring to a friends house or to transfer your stuff to a bigger HDD later on. You can also sell the extra controller to offset the cost.

Why would you buy a good for a Shooter? They're linear as hell with very little in terms of secrets. And those secrets are put out over the internet within 5 hours of the game being released.

bread's done
Back