Official Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Collectordragon']So you think stores will get more copies in at some point? How long was the LE for the original GoW available for? If I can get it for a cheaper price at a later date I'd rather wait.[/quote]

I saw GoW1 LEs at Circuity City through last summer, but they never went down in price

just found a copy of the Collectors Edition. I tried about 7 stores and then one employee called another gamestop and got them to hold their last copy for me. It was a 30 minute drive from my house to get there but now I have it and am very excited! Now I just need to wait until my 360 gets back (they tell me no later than monday).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn...lots of shitty wingman matches last night...at one point I got downed and there was no one around me...the blood logo indicator didn't even come on...I just fell, then someone from a few yards down saw me came up to me and finished me off...that was pretty whack.

Also starting to see the host advantage a lot more now...a host shotty can take you down with two shots at a long distance while a non-host shotty needs 3 or 4 shots at long range. Shit sucked last night...haven't been so pissed in a while...stopped and played Banjo-Kazooie...all was good :D[/quote]

A couple times when I've been playing wingman Ill get downed but to everyone else Im walking around. So my partner cant pick me up because on his screen Im walking and on everyone elses screen Im walking so they are shooting me but of course Im not dying because I'm not actually there. Then I get accused of modding. Patch now please.

[quote name='electronicthroat']is this game worth getting if you don't play online much?[/quote]

Totally, the campaign is awesome, you can also do local split screen, (not a lot of games offer that for some reason) or you can play with bots. I play with bots since I can't do online and there's nothing better than playing king of the hill and taking out the whole opposing team all in one grenade shot.:bouncy:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Totally, the campaign is awesome, you can also do local split screen, (not a lot of games offer that for some reason) or you can play with bots. I play with bots since I can't do online and there's nothing better than playing king of the hill and taking out the whole opposing team all in one grenade shot.:bouncy:[/quote]
And local horde.

[quote name='KingBroly']Local Horde....ugh...that sounds painful.[/quote]

It is...me and my sis got up to round 7 on casual difficulty...couldn't move any higher from there. With 5 total people, it's doable and its a blast.

Local Horde on casual is easy, can outshoot any of the locusts with just your lancer. Boomshots dont 1 hit down, tickers barely even damage you lol.

Put it on Insane wave 50 last night, had a bet with 2 of my friends that they couldnt survive for 2 minutes. Played it for a hour or more trying to survive for 2 minutes, had it 1:50 before my friend was found. Max kills we had was 1 lol

I need help finishing up my horde achievment all i need is wave 21 -30 and i beat all 50 waves anyone want to help me ?

we can do it on casual just to beat it

Simple rules of thumb for Horde
#1 - Never start on a level that ends in '0'. Seriously, don't. It's the same 10 waves over and over again but with different difficulty curves.

#2 - Closed Environments are your friend when you get a Shield or two. Why? Put them up against the door and watch them run into the door going 'I'll get you, I'll get you' while you headshot them.

#3 - Everyone wants to play on Casual, just to beat it. When you get 5 people who have beaten all 50 waves, go for Insane. Why? To bring yourself to terms with how much you actually suck at this game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']horde is 5 or bust IMHO[/QUOTE]

Nah. You can bust through the first 30 or so levels with just 3 guys, on Casual at least. From like 33 or so and up you need at least 4.

[quote name='electronicthroat']is this game worth getting if you don't play online much?[/quote]

Not for full price unless you do a lot of LAN stuff. You can beat the campaign in 10-12 hours, and horde mode split screen would suck.

I would wait for a Gamestop 360 used game weekly coupon and get the game for about $40 if you were only going to do single/local play.

Insane doesnt show how much you suck, it just shows how stupid the curve is. Sure the enemy shoots better, but they also take about a billion more shots to kill. So insane just proves how the AI doesnt improve...

[quote name='KingBroly']Simple rules of thumb for Horde
#1 - Never start on a level that ends in '0'. Seriously, don't. It's the same 10 waves over and over again but with different difficulty curves.

#2 - Closed Environments are your friend when you get a Shield or two. Why? Put them up against the door and watch them run into the door going 'I'll get you, I'll get you' while you headshot them.

#3 - Everyone wants to play on Casual, just to beat it. When you get 5 people who have beaten all 50 waves, go for Insane. Why? To bring yourself to terms with how much you actually suck at this game.[/quote]

I think Hardcore difficulty is the best...

Insane is just too hard, which isn't any fun. Hardcore though challenges you without seeming cheap.

wow i cant believe i just found this out. if you're equipped with a grenade and you go down, you can press RT to blow yourself up when they come and execute you, LOL its freaking awesome in multiplayer. and the Parting Gift achievements works with it. awesome.

[quote name='Darklighter']Do you need to have played Gears 1 to fully enjoy Gears 2 or would I be fine skipping the first one?[/QUOTE]

You could enjoy it skipping the first one. You do miss out on what happened last time and some extra characters in multiplayer, but you can do fine without having to play the first one.

So I have yet to get my hands on this. But playing a few rounds of Gears 1 on Live suggests that Gears 2 multiplayer is horrible. Maybe I'm a few threads too late, but what's the deal?

Guess I'm almost done with Campaign...I'm at the "abandoned" security facility...gotta say I'm a bit disappointed in the gameplay on this one. Gears 1 campaign was a lot better, tougher too.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Guess I'm almost done with Campaign...I'm at the "abandoned" security facility...gotta say I'm a bit disappointed in the gameplay on this one. Gears 1 campaign was a lot better, tougher too.[/QUOTE]

No, you're not even close to being done, and Gears 2 is way better than Gears 1.

Play the campaign on Insane and tell me which one is tougher.

[quote name='Littlefields']So I have yet to get my hands on this. But playing a few rounds of Gears 1 on Live suggests that Gears 2 multiplayer is horrible. Maybe I'm a few threads too late, but what's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Idiot crybabies.

I think the setup for Gears 1 is better just because matchmaking is so slow right now. But ideally, I hope for the 3rd game they get a Party/Server setup where it's like Gears 1, but you can party up then start or go into a server together.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Guess I'm almost done with Campaign...I'm at the "abandoned" security facility...gotta say I'm a bit disappointed in the gameplay on this one. Gears 1 campaign was a lot better, tougher too.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?? First, the campaign in 2 is WAY longer. Second, it actually feels like a full scale war instead of 4 dudes going rambo. Lastly, try it out on insane and say its not harder.

Beat it today, thought the campaign was pretty good, better then GOW1. Did get frustrated by glitches with the games AI tho, Dom not getting on the lift, Dom dieing and the game not having me reset, and different AI glitches with the enemy's. Matchmaking is also extremely slow right now, I wait 10 minutes to get into a match to lose connection to the host after a few waves of horde. Its a good game, but I wish they would of kept this one in the oven a little bit longer.

Yeah -how soon 'til they fix this suckass matchmaking? This is gonna kill this game if not soon. -I know they got their diehard fanboys who think epic can do no wrong(except for maybe UT3) but this is ridiculous!

BTW, I liked UT3 and if anyone wants to get rid of their 360 copy for like $15 I'll take it.

Also, still looking for some gold gun codes for gears2. Anyone willing to give some up? maybe a trade? -tell me what you want, I have some of those M1A1 gun codes for COD:WaW, or maybe something else. let me know----peace

I was disconnected from Live twice while playing last night. Maybe it has something to do with them getting reading for the NXE (aka. new dashboard). I dunno.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I plan on it after I beat Hardcore...we'll see how it goes.[/quote]

Your aways from the end if you are only at the Security Facility. You got quite a bit to go.

I'm on Act 5 (Hardcore) right now, so far I've been loving the campaign and online. Cole Train's been pretty funny in Act 4/5. Hopefully, I'll finish up Act 5 tomorrow so I can start Insane. I haven't started Horde yet, so if anyone else wants to go through 1-50 sometime, send me a request/message! I'll probably be on late tonight around 1 AM Eastern.

bread's done
Back