Official Haze Discussion Thread

I hope some of you know that free radical was founded by some of the bond/perfect dark team that left rare after N64 days. I've loved timesplitters and second sight and this will be my first PS3 purchase for sure.

[quote name='aw004g']I hope some of you know that free radical was founded by some of the bond/perfect dark team that left rare after N64 days. I've loved timesplitters and second sight and this will be my first PS3 purchase for sure.[/QUOTE]

Free radical is well known for this... heck, after they left, Rare went downhill anyway.

Actually, I didn't know that. That really explains why Perfect Dark Zero was so odd.

I'm still not entirely sure about Haze. But if reviews are favorable I'll buy it and play some four player co-op with friends (we have two PS3s between my group of friends).

[quote name='dallow']I'm gonna need some buddies for the 4 player co-op.[/QUOTE]

Count me as one of them dallow, this will be a day one pick up for me. Btw the screen shots look amazing, I can't wait for this damn game.

day one for me also, wonder if clan support will be in the multiplayer? I'm in for co op 2, like how the game actually gets more difficult with the more people you have in it.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Agreed, the playing dead thing though seems like it can be exploited and used for cheap kills IMO.[/QUOTE]
It'll probably be as useful as hiding in a box in MGS3 online.

Aka not very ;)

It you are busy clearing out a group of enemies you're not going to be keeping your sights on them as they go down for to long. In the video I mentioned, there is a section showing how it might work.

[quote name='whoknows']It'll probably be as useful as hiding in a box in MGS3 online.

Aka not very ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha ha true true, that never got me anywhere. ;)

[quote name='NamPaehc']It you are busy clearing out a group of enemies you're not going to be keeping your sights on them as they go down for to long. In the video I mentioned, there is a section showing how it might work.[/QUOTE]

Hmm alright should be interesting to say the least. When is this suppose to come out again?

New Preview.

The two sides sound REALLY interesting. I think I'm leaning towards the rebels because of their tacical nature.

Though the Nector powers do sound cool. The "pre-cog sight" for nade explosions sounds very cool. Hope that is worked into the online play.

[quote name='NamPaehc']New Preview.

The two sides sound REALLY interesting. I think I'm leaning towards the rebels because of their tacical nature.

Though the Nector powers do sound cool. The "pre-cog sight" for nade explosions sounds very cool. Hope that is worked into the online play.[/QUOTE]

I watched the interview and looked at the preview and I can honestly say this game can not come out soon enough. I also am leaning towards the rebels a tad more, but we will find that out for sure after playing as both of them which one I like better. I hope they carry everything from single player to multi, that would just be so cool. This game is coming out in November isn't it? I may put down a pre order for it, so I can have it day one. Between this and UT I don't know which I am more excited for.

So far, I really like what I've played. The graphics are great, the controls are responsive and the concept is awesome. My only problem with the game though is the A.I. There virtually wasn't any brains on my enemies. I would find myself just staring at Mantel soldiers on the last level standing around or continuously running into walls. It's still way to early to judge this game harshly but I do know that Haze has chance for success on the PS3 (And maybe Xbox 360 ...) that can truly compete with the Halo franchise.
From a blogger's preview... Click here for rest.

And yeh, I'll most likely be getting the game mainly for Co-op once it hits.

sucks this comes out the same day as mass effect, guess i will be waitin a little while until i play

[quote name='NamPaehc']From a blogger's preview... Click here for rest.

And yeh, I'll most likely be getting the game mainly for Co-op once it hits.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I do hope they fix the AI though and give them "brains". It wouldn't be any fun to just run right through the mantel soldiers. I mean being a rebel should be hard, since you're going from a super soldier to basically a regular grunt. I'll get it either way I have been hyping this game too much not to.

[quote name='ighosty']sucks this comes out the same day as mass effect, guess i will be waitin a little while until i play[/QUOTE]

Boo.

news is now the game is totally PS3 exclusive. regardless of its exclusive status I just hope the game turns out to be good, and it doesn't loses a point for NOT being Halo, or Mass Effect... [since it comes out the same day - which I didn't know]

[quote name='ighosty']sucks this comes out the same day as mass effect, guess i will be waitin a little while until i play[/QUOTE]

really? Well, Mass Effect first, then Haze second for me since one is going to need more time than the other.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']really? Well, Mass Effect first, then Haze second for me since one is going to need more time than the other.[/quote]

yes, Haze is going to be a fun game, but Mass effect is most likely going to be RPG of the year, plus its going to take at least 20+ to beat. But i'm buyin both so i will have plenty of time to play both of them :)

The game seems kinda hokey as far as plot and combat gimmicks (nectar grenades, nectar knives). But I'm willing to give it a shot.

It's going to be frustrating using the controller if they keep the design the same. I notice the PS3 FPS games tend to have the fire buttons on R1 and L1, as if even the developers think the triggers suck. A lot of PS2 games on the PS3 just don't feel right because of the crappy triggers.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Offical Blog.

Video ad for the rumble in the game (though we'll still have to wait to actually use it..) but at the end it says "this Christmas".[/quote]
I lol'd at the Video Ad. I felt like after it rumbled he was going to just say, "wooooooow" with Ben Stein's voice.

I kinda hope that's not the final cover art for Haze though, it seems a bit funky :eek:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']really? Well, Mass Effect first, then Haze second for me since one is going to need more time than the other.[/QUOTE]
Uncharted for me that day. This'll have to wait.

I can't wait for this game. I even gave my Halo 3 character the Haze look. xD

BTW, I'm not a halo fan... I've played it with a friend that's a halo fan.

Don't worry, other publishers have tried this before and it didn't ruin the game. In fact, this only affects the marketing of the game, not the gameplay itself. So don't worry too much about it. Just wait for the demo or reviews.

So any new info on if this is totally going to be a PS3 exclusive? Most of my friends have a 360 so I would wait for the 360 version so I can play multiplayer with them. If this is exclusive than it might be a day one purchase for me.

[quote name='DomLando']So any new info on if this is totally going to be a PS3 exclusive? Most of my friends have a 360 so I would wait for the 360 version so I can play multiplayer with them. If this is exclusive than it might be a day one purchase for me.[/quote]

I thinkit's timed exclusive. Thought it was like 6 months, but I don't think there's an official 360 release date yet. (Last I knew)

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I thinkit's timed exclusive. Thought it was like 6 months, but I don't think there's an official 360 release date yet. (Last I knew)[/quote]

Right, they are focusing their attention on the PS3 version and then will get to the 360 (if at all) sometime next year.

I think it's a matter of then seeing how well it sells as a PS3 exclusive. And also they don't want to even try to compete with the monster that is Halo 3. Haze would be completely ignored if it released as another FPS in the same year as Halo 3.

So, if it sells well enough only on the PS3, they won't spend the extra money to port it to the 360.

[quote name='DomLando']So any new info on if this is totally going to be a PS3 exclusive? Most of my friends have a 360 so I would wait for the 360 version so I can play multiplayer with them. If this is exclusive than it might be a day one purchase for me.[/QUOTE]GameFAQs and many other sites list the 360 version as canceled now. Your friends will all get a PS3 for Haze. ;) :p

Anyway, news is that Haze has gone gold:
http://www.gamepower.com.au/?aid=2728

[quote name='Vanigan']Don't worry, other publishers have tried this before and it didn't ruin the game. In fact, this only affects the marketing of the game, not the gameplay itself. So don't worry too much about it. Just wait for the demo or reviews.[/QUOTE]

you're right... Like Mortal Kombat and Adeema ... "you can't kill me I'm IMMORTAL!!!! hell I liked that song!

I see that Korn has a song called "Hold On" coming out in November.. Sounds pretty good... might help some game sales.. never know.

bread's done
Back