Official HP Touchpad case $5 charger $5 @hp.com

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Where is this $5 leather case?

EDIT: Nvm it shows $20 until you click it.

During the firesale I bought the Folio case, wireless keyboard, and induction charger/stand. Now that I put Android on it this thing is so much better.

In for 3 backup chargers and a leather case. Not a game deal but I wouldn't have seen it til it was dead otherwise, so damnit, thanks OP!

Picked up 2 chargers and a case, thanks OP!

Every Touchpad owner knows by now that the only way to properly charge them is with that official HP wall charger. Nothing else will charge one properly other than through a trickle charge.

I've been happy with my Griffin brand leathery flip case, but it's technically for an iPad and obscures a bit of the outer edge making it hard to swipe and touch the notification buttons. If the official case gives as much protection I'll switch to that.

I use an ipad 1 case by apple and cut all my own holes in the thing so I could charge the tablet in the case on the touchpad. The fit isn't right though and it's getting looser with time. It'll be nice to have a charger permanently by my bed though and maybe the kitchen.

[quote name='Toss']I use an ipad 1 case by apple and cut all my own holes in the thing so I could charge the tablet in the case on the touchpad. The fit isn't right though and it's getting looser with time. It'll be nice to have a charger permanently by my bed though and maybe the kitchen.[/QUOTE]

Picked up a case. Thanks OP.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I frankly haven't used my Touchpad in months, but for $5 I couldn't pass up the opportunity to finally get a case for the darn thing. Who knows, I might decide to start using the it again sometime in the future.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the heads up OP. I frankly haven't used my Touchpad in months, but for $5 I couldn't pass up the opportunity to finally get a case for the darn thing. Who knows, I might decide to start using the it again sometime in the future.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it might be time for you to try out the Android Ice Cream Sandwich dual-boot option if you're not using it very often.

I went a different route with mine: it's my unofficial Adventure Time player. I loaded all 3 seasons onto it and watch it during breakfast after my daily dose of BrainPop with Tim and Moby.

thanks op great deal.

hope the keyboard and touchstone charging stand go on sale soon, if available.

Great deal on these. Definitely will use since I just put ICS on my touchpad, which I recommend to anyone to install. Makes it run much faster and lets you do alot more

[quote name='Kerig']Sounds like it might be time for you to try out the Android Ice Cream Sandwich dual-boot option if you're not using it very often.

[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing that myself. I remember the earlier android versions had some issues with wifi and such so i didn't bother when i first got it. I get sick of the cards and them not leaving when they are supposed to.

[quote name='Toss']http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/ho...nd-Bags/Laptop-Cases/FB343AA?HP-TouchPad-Case

This is not video game related, but I know a lot of you guys, like myself, got one. I figure i'd post it here to get maximum visibility.

hp flip case $5
hp charger and cable $5
hp leather case $5

edit: oh yeah shipping is free, but tax is charged - at least in CA it was.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad deal at all. I might order a few things.

EDIT: Ordered three chargers since they charge my family's Android phones along with the official case and sleeve. I'll put that in my book bag since I bring my Touchpad to school almost everyday. I get a lot of use from my Touchpad. Basic surfing, music, and I bring it on vacations when my girl and I go out of town. I do prefer Android, but WebOs is fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaiser499']The official case is terrible and cheaply made.[/QUOTE]
It kinda is, yeah. I thought maybe I somehow did something to mine because it started warping near the USB plug and the volume button. Turns out a lot of people had that problem. I guess some complained to HP and got free replacements.

That said, I ordered 2 as backups. For $10.xx shipped, even as cheaply made as they are, that price makes it worth it. For the $25 I originally paid, not so much. Still, better than a naked TP, and it custom fits the thing so it doesn't block the light sensor or the enhanced gestures.

Now if we can get $5 keyboards and/or touchstones, I'll be all up ons those too. Very sad about the 27k people, though. Hopefully greener pastures are on the horizon for them.

Just an FYI, for the case in the OP, it doesn't actually "close." The flap just folds over and hangs loose, so if you're looking for a case where the cover is also secured, this isn't your case.

That case works just fine. I've had it for a while now and have been happy with it so grabbing another one on sale is nice. Ditto for the charger.

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the heads up OP. I frankly haven't used my Touchpad in months, but for $5 I couldn't pass up the opportunity to finally get a case for the darn thing. Who knows, I might decide to start using the it again sometime in the future.[/QUOTE]

Why? Have you not put Android on it? There's a bunch of Android games on sale on the Because We May sale going on now.

[quote name='ijustw1n']The red text at the top reads: ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS![/QUOTE]

My Touchpad plays plenty of video games. That's mostly what I have on it.

Really wish that the touchstone things would go on sale again someplace. Seems like those sold out QUICK as soon as they dropped...all over too!

It's been 2 weeks since I placed my order and haven't gotten it yet. anyone get their order yet? shipping from china? by boat?

[quote name='narec']It's been 2 weeks since I placed my order and haven't gotten it yet. anyone get their order yet? shipping from china? by boat?[/QUOTE]Mine shipped out that evening I placed my order or the next day. Showed up a few days ago, over a week ago.

I'd contact them and ask them what's up and where you order is. Plus, you could check out the same info online.

bread's done
Back