Official Hype Thread EA's "Black"

Ozzkev55

CAGiversary!
This game looks so awesome...why...because it reinvents the shooter, innovative, unlike some people
*Yes that means you Pariah, shame on you*
anyway ill get to the goods...

Back-In-The-Day (A first look)
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/black/preview_6098217.html

E3 Opinions
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/black/preview_6125007.html
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/616/616718p1.html

Not coming till next Feb....but worth the wait from the looks of it, also a reason to keep my ps2 till the ps3 release

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, an innovative FPS from EA Games?!?...:joystick:
[/QUOTE]
I dont think EA was involved in it originally...hopefully they wont be too hands on with it...

[quote name='Ozzkev55']I dont think EA was involved in it originally...hopefully they wont be too hands on with it...[/QUOTE]

Dont get your hopes up.

Yeah, but, EA Games is publishing Black, so the game probably won't be rated "M" for mature. I need realistic violence in my FPS!...

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Yeah, but, EA Games is publishing Black, so the game probably won't be rated "M" for mature. I need realistic violence in my FPS!...[/QUOTE]
I read in an earlier preview...that from the looks of it, it has a garunteed "M rating", since it is the Forza of FPSs, and realism to shoot, means violence and gore

Ahh...Here we are...

[quote name='Gamespot'] Alex Ward cited television shows 24 and Alias as inspirations for the game's story, which should be a gritty and plausible techno-thriller. Expect Black to be a serious, mature-themed game.[/quote]

EA's "Black" was on the OXM UK release list of games slated for XBOX360. I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up in the Q1/Q2 2006 EA release list for X360.

Summary: If you are buying XBOX360 you might want to hold off for the definitive version of this game.

[quote name='Ruined']EA's "Black" was on the OXM UK release list of games slated for XBOX360. I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up in the Q1/Q2 2006 EA release list for X360.

Summary: If you are buying XBOX360 you might want to hold off for the definitive version of this game.[/QUOTE]
OXM UK...do you have a link?

The game is shaping up to look pretty darn good, the graphics are really pushing both systems to their limits, graphic wise

I saw it at E3, and it looked gorgeous, but I only saw the PC version. I didn't get to play it, either.

If the gameplay can match the graphics, it will be excellent, but no online play? fuck that.

Truly, I don't even know anything about the game, really, but I've been intending to read up on it, so thanks for the links.

Why would anyone think a FPS that had no online or multiplayer can be innovative?

We're moving to 1,000 player games with Huxley and I want to think EA, of all companies, can make a single player FPS worth staying offline for?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Why would anyone think a FPS that had no online or multiplayer can be innovative?

We're moving to 1,000 player games with Huxley and I want to think EA, of all companies, can make a single player FPS worth staying offline for?[/QUOTE]
Well, I think that that innovation is in the eyes of the beholder, and maybe it will be great...I think opinions will change towards this game, at least if you could read the articles you could see my point :)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Quite a bit of speculation for a game that little is known about, from a company who has a long track record of making mediocre games.[/QUOTE]
its not so much EA, as it is Criterion which made Burnout possible

bread's done
Back