Official look at my website thread.

bignick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have noticed a few us CAGers have websites. Lets put them all in this thread!

I'll go first!

www.dylanthecat.com

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions. I would also like to set up some kind of banner exchange.

Frontpage?

The pic on the front page looks like some kind of creepy Jim Henson-style cat puppet as it bites that arm. It's either that, or a damn cool looking cat.

Is it the creepy puppet?

[quote name='WildWop']Frontpage?

The pic on the front page looks like some kind of creepy Jim Henson-style cat puppet as it bites that arm. It's either that, or a damn cool looking cat.

Is it the creepy puppet?[/quote]
Nope, Dylan was just a cool looking cat.

Interesting pictures, espicially:

The picture with the cat, the baby, and the large bottle of booze.

The picture of the birthday cake sitting on top of a Playboy.

[quote name='BigNick']I like your menu bar. I want to get something like that going.[/quote]

Thank you. That's a flash toolbar I made in Coreldraw.

[quote name='vanlandw']http://vanlandw.no-ip.com
http://www.vanlandw.com

It's just my personal site for my friends to keep up with what I have going on in my life.

If anybody would like to trade links or what not i'm all for it.[/quote]

Cool, since Dylan is dead Im thinking baout turning the site in my blog type thing. Once my friend finishes his thesis for his graphic design masters, he is gonna help me out with some graphics, so I should be able to get a banner then. Do you have one?

Interesting fact: I once owned the domain for my own name. I let it go and now that I'm interested in getting it back, they want a couple of million dollars. No shit.

Hmmm...seems like I posted that before. Ah well. Memories.

nah..i don't really have a banner...i normaly just link with text to keep the bandwidth down. My webpage is hosted on my DSL line at home.

[quote name='vanlandw']nah..i don't really have a banner...i normaly just link with text to keep the bandwidth down. My webpage is hosted on my DSL line at home.[/quote]

good call. I use to have a static ip so I could do that. I had my on exchange server. Exchange 2003 that was the shit. webmail ruled!

where do you host your page now?

I'm looking for good webhosting so i can stop using my home bandwidth.

[quote name='vanlandw']where do you host your page now?

I'm looking for good webhosting so i can stop using my home bandwidth.[/quote]

I'm using www.aplus.net to host my website. They have pretty good rates.

You can check out cnet.com for reviews of hosting services too if you like.

[quote name='vanlandw']where do you host your page now?

I'm looking for good webhosting so i can stop using my home bandwidth.[/quote]

I use www.mysitespace.com Its $53 a year. I get 500mb space and 6gb of transfer a month. Not bad IMO. I get 25 email accounts. A bunch of free scripts, and 1 mysql database. There are others out there, but I figure for $4.50 a month, it was the best deal. They also let you hos for free and they dont put any ads on your site. All you have to do it put a link to their site on yours.

Dude, BigNick, that site is awesome. What happened (besides massive drooling) when you gave him the listerine strip?

[quote name='ex0']Dude, BigNick, that site is awesome. What happened (besides massive drooling) when you gave him the listerine strip?[/quote]

Thats about it. He drooled everywhere. He actually ate it. My friend had a pack of them, and left it open with one sticking out, and Dylan licked it. He was kinda gaging, not gaging, but was making that noise when you are trying to get a luggie out, we looked at him, and this drool was starting to come out.

part of having a blog is just ranting and saying what is on your mind....it's just as good as going to see a shrink :p

Check out mine, link is in my sig.

The screenshots from Rock Station are really old though and the build up there is a month old but I'm going to put a new one up soon now that we have all the art 100% done.

I have a site I created when I was laid off back in 2003. Fortunately for me, I never completed it, as I was called back to the office. I still as of yet have decided what to do with the website. Perhaps a personal one? I just don't have time, with my job and all, to do the business I designed the site for.

It took me a week to build the site. I taught myself everything using Macromedia Studio MX. I blew my severance package on software, hardware and hosting. I have this thing for another year. yippie!

Thank god I got my job back.

Inlineatech.com

Inlinea is Italian for Online, Inlineatech is short for Online Technologies.

Rock out to that jamming flash movie!

[quote name='Sheik Rattle Enroll']Check out mine, link is in my sig.

The screenshots from Rock Station are really old though and the build up there is a month old but I'm going to put a new one up soon now that we have all the art 100% done.[/quote]

Sheik - Rock Station looks cool. Thanks for the link, I'll keep my eye out for the next build.

[quote name='vanlandw']part of having a blog is just ranting and saying what is on your mind....it's just as good as going to see a shrink :p[/quote]

I think it is much more effective writing a personal journal to solve your (mental) problems. The blog idea is basically the writer looking for attention. When you are writting a blog, you are always aware that there may be an audience so your writting may have a certain slant. If you are writing in a journal, you are alone with your thoughts and your writing is more personal.

EDIT: In DragonlordFrodo's case, he may not give a damn one way or another what people think of him. Or he may be pandering to people using shock tactics. That is up to the individual's interpertation.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']ever since that thread about the internet history Nick's love for his late cat really seems to have been renewed[/quote]

ha ha ha ya it was.

[quote name='Xevious'][quote name='vanlandw']part of having a blog is just ranting and saying what is on your mind....it's just as good as going to see a shrink :p[/quote]

I think it is much more effective writing a personal journal to solve your (mental) problems. The blog idea is basically the writer looking for attention. When you are writting a blog, you are always aware that there may be an audience so your writting may have a certain slant. If you are writing in a journal, you are alone with your thoughts and your writing is more personal.

EDIT: In DragonlordFrodo's case, he may not give a damn one way or another what people think of him. Or he may be pandering to people using shock tactics. That is up to the individual's interpertation.[/quote]

My blog is not about getting attention. Me and many of my friends have em and i just think it's another way of communication and mostly for me to work on my writing and keep in communication with people I normaly don't get to speak with. Also to post my photos and other stuff like that. I do agree though some people do make blogs as a way to gain attention or to piss people off.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']is that grey goose vodka and i want a dylan the cat thong.

Thats it my puppy is gettin a site.[/quote]

nice! Ya, Im gonna use a pic with Dylan sticking his tongue out for the thong. Yes its grey goose.

these gusy charge 4.44 a month for hosting. Ive been pretty happy so far.
http://www.mysitespace.com/aff.asp?ID=stmartinn&L=3

They also offer free hosting. Its not bed, thats what I used at first.

bread's done
Back