Official Mainichi Issho Discussion - Update: Now With Happy Trophie Time

I'll check the wall scroll today.

don't forget you can put furniture and things outside as well.

also, it looks as if the game is getting an update sometime in january.

Aye, but I've still got some JPN network tickets left over and I'm really digging this so I'm thinking of landscaping out there instead of putting all my figures out there. Don't laugh.

edit: what kind of update?

the update seems to be some new items (don't know if it's point items or real money items). also seems to add a new outside mode.

as for putting stuff outside, I forget. should be the same as the inside setup. I have a desk and plate outside for no reason.

From the main screen, click the third option (the full figure of the cat) and then the tree option that comes up. Then, once you're outside, click the first option twice. The last option from the outside menu takes you back inside.

-- Anime Singing PC Software Poster (????)

= Vocaloid from yamaha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid

Miku_hatsune_cover.jpg

Anybody else get the 8bit figure from some PSP RPG on either 12/22 or 12/23's news bit? I thought that was an interesting item.

In bad news, I think I accidentally refused the VF5 poster. :whistle2:(

Yeah, I got the dragon. I think RR got the wizard. I wish I'd have taken the warrior.

If you can figure out a way to send non one-time use items then you can have my VF5 poster.

edit: I seemed to get triple points today...anyone else get the same?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Anybody else get the 8bit figure from some PSP RPG on either 12/22 or 12/23's news bit? I thought that was an interesting item.

In bad news, I think I accidentally refused the VF5 poster. :whistle2:([/quote]
12/23 had a dog next to the two cats, which I've never seen before.

Also, how do you access the Santa Sled mini game
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-94217.aspx

For some reason I can't access the November news archive... I want that stupid Heihachi trophy... I have one of those in my room in real life :/

that RPG game you call an RPG is not an RPG at all, it's the best damn thing I've played in a while... Namaikida... it's a weird non-genre game that makes you play the evil master of a dungeon that is appointed to kill the hero. best PSP game i've played of all last year.

[quote name='MarkMan']For some reason I can't access the November news archive... I want that stupid Heihachi trophy... I have one of those in my room in real life :/[/quote]

Uh...me neither. My guess is that the November archives will be made available at the end of this month or the beginning of february.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that RPG game you call an RPG is not an RPG at all, it's the best damn thing I've played in a while... Namaikida... it's a weird non-genre game that makes you play the evil master of a dungeon that is appointed to kill the hero. best PSP game i've played of all last year.[/quote]
Okay. The cats kept mentioning "RPG" throughout the bit, so that's what I called it.

also note that the new update that rolled out a few days ago allows you to visit other people's house backyards (i've seen some crazy stuff!), as well as buy certain special event items (ie. namaikida figures and time crisis 4 stuff)

On the main menu, go to the icon of the cat.

from there you'll have to options. choose the second option.

after a few secs of loading you'll see your character and the main cat run off into the street and to another player's home.

Yeah, I sill ahve yet to check today's but there's alot of nice new stuff that you can buy but only with yen :(

The US needs a version of this ASAP. I think it would help interest in the PS3 personally.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, I sill ahve yet to check today's but there's alot of nice new stuff that you can buy but only with yen :(

The US needs a version of this ASAP. I think it would help interest in the PS3 personally.[/quote]

If they make it, I hope they get rid of the "squeaky feet" sound effect when the cats walk around.. that sound gets on my nerves lol

Space Invaders EXTREME! treasures up today. You can put them on your avatar's shirt. Get them.

edit: Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that if you're ever at a date where extra Myaile are a possibility and you get the questions wrong just exit out of the game and you can restart it and have another shot at it. If I was smarter about this then I would be that much closer to having my lucky golden Maneki Neko. I'm less than two weeks away.

Lots of new items up in the store as of yesterday. There are some free new posters as well.

Is anyone else getting a lot more Myaile than usual? There seem to be lots of bonuses lately.

It appears as if this game now has has an interesting new youtube video capture feature.. I just read about it on PS3 Fanboy.com

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/15/mainichi-issho-integrates-in-game-video-capture-with-youtube/

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26389103

http://apiblog.youtube.com/2008/05/let-games-begin.html

Sometimes a feature is cooler than a game itself. That's exactly what's happening with a new update to Mainichi Issho, a free downloadable title for the Japanese PSN. The casual edutainment title has a new feature which Sony is proud to tout as the first of its kind. The game will allow you to record in-game footage and upload it directly to YouTube. We haven't heard of any other game ever including this functionality, but it does have us intrigued.

It would be great to see this feature incorporated into other titles. For example, wouldn't it be great if the SingStar community videos could go on YouTube? (Although this is unlikely due to copyright concerns.) Or, imagine being able to share some of your awesome sniping skills in Resistance 2 online? It would be awesome if our best Gran Turismo laps could be showcased to the world. There are a lot of possibilities with such a feature, and we can only hope that more titles will take advantage in the future.
I haven't logged into this in a while, but it would be cool to try it. But looks like the links don't actually show how to do it.. Or if it's even available yet to try.. If you guys figure it out.. post in this thread.. I'm gonna boot the game up and mess around with it and see if I can figure anything out..

I hope Criterion would integrate this feature in a future Burnout Paradise patch. :)

Bump on this old thread.. lol
Looks like it has trophy support now according to PS3fanboy
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/18/trophies-mainichi-issyo-jpn-only/

Bronze Trophies

• Install the September update
  • Read Toro Station 3 times
  • Read Toro Station 10 times
Silver Trophies

• Read Toro Station 30 times
  • Read Toro Station 50 times
Gold Trophies

• Read Toro Station 90 times
  • Read Toro Station 120 times

I just ran it on my US account, and I got the September Update Trophy I think, so you don't have to log in with your Japanese account like the article says. I don't think I will try to get all the trophies, but it's nice they are adding trophy support to it.

(Rolento, maybe you want to add this info to the OP)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for bumping this old thread. Didn't know a thing about this. Wish I can Read Japanese though, Still I'm downloading this and hope to get it working!!

-I'm stuck at the clock and some weird grey box?-
If this happens, quit the game and go to your time/clock settings on the system. From there just fiddle with the date or time (just change it once, then go back and change it to your regular time if you want). After that, hop back into the 'game' and it should be off to a good start.

I did the following and yet I'm still stuck at that spot, any other tips?

So...is this game still available on the Japanese store, and how would I go setup a Japanese account? Not really the setup process, but the whole address thing.

I've been itching for a game to get trophies on, but I'm too cheap to buy any (and PAIN, which came with my PS3, isn't my cup of tea) so this is a perfect solution.
Thanks, free awesome Japanese cat game where news stories are apparently delivered in a classic comedy-style!

Help me Rolento! My game won't load!

I get the clock thing with the progress bar, it fills up an inch and I get a message in Japanese with PS Button text in there.
No matter how many times I restart, same thing happens. In both US and JPN accounts.

simple answer:

get out of the program and go to your time settings. On the XMB change the clock to whatever time you want, confirm, then go back and change the time back to what it's suppose to be. run mainichi again and problem solved.

i must be the only one, but it still doesnt work for me. i just get a clock spinning. ive tried changing the clock and then back again. i tried changing the time zone.....even deleted the game and re-downloaded. nothing.

bread's done
Back