Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

All of the Andromeda Funkos are up on Amazon. $10.99 each.

Sara, http://a.co/d1lPTEL

Peebee, http://a.co/eDWTkhC

Archon, http://a.co/fI3X8Vv

Jaal, http://a.co/d3PbMJJ

Liam, http://a.co/g3bvoJn

I'm no Funko expert (but I do love 'em) but I think Archon is incorrectly priced. I always thought the 6" versions were $16. So maybe jump on that quick in case they change it.
Archon is up at Target - and shows $14.99. So, the Amazon $10.99 price is definitely a mistake.

http://www.target.com/p/pop-games-mass-effect-andromeda-the-archon/-/A-52044090

Still no exclusives listed at Target or Gamestop yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Deluxe Edition through Amazon so grabbed the SB from BB. Saw it on CAG's Facebook post. Still think it's stupid to have to go this route, shoulda been included initially.

I ended up canceling my separate SB order from BB and will be canceling my Amazon orders, as by the time I add it up, it'll be better for me to buy the BB ones with the SBs at the BB GCU price and get the MyRZ points on it as well as work towards Elite Plus for another year. 

That's lame for them not to include prior pre-orders. That being said, my other steelbooks are all just sitting in a drawer anyways so I don't really need another one. Rather keep the $25 Visa checkout discount.

Alright, even though I have lost count of how many times I have played ME2, I've been working my way through it again in preparation for Andromeda.  I'm not too the end yet, but I am getting close and thinking about the finale and once again, I have to question:  Why a giant humanoid reaper?  After all this time, it doesn't make any sense and the inclusion is pretty jarring.  What did the Collectors/Reapers think they were doing?  I feel like Bioware was setting up something specific and then the idea was abandoned prior to Mass Effect 3 because the idea of giant humanoid reapers breast-stroking their way through space did not fit the tone they were looking for.  The whole scene was just...off.  It's the one "Huh?" moment in an otherwise perfect sequel.

The GS exclusive Ryder Funko is up. (Also, Archon is definitely a price error at Amazon still, GS has him for $19.)

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-games-mass-effect-andromeda-sara-ryder-with-helmet-only-at-gamestop/139726

138496b.jpg

Eh, I think it was used for shock value right. I mean you look at a huge Terminator like half created robot and go well, shit.
Yeah. I don't think there was a ton of thought behind it other than, what would make for a big, scary, and shocking final boss. I don't think they had any definite ideas at that point of where ME3 would go in terms of revealing the Reapers' motives.

Some of us will be on playthrough #3 or #4 by then. Right?
Haha. True. I can see that.

(Personally though, I can't do that. Bores me to tears regardless how great a game is because I already know what is going to happen next and what I need to do. I've only replayed games a few times. I did Paragon and Renegade playthroughs in older ME games to see all the reactions, for example. Those are the only games that come to mind where I've replayed a campaign...)

Oh, my pants are much too tight after watching that video. I think they may have finally gotten combat right with what they showed in that video. I see aspects of ME1, ME2 and ME3 combat. Cool down beam weapons haven't been seen since ME1 and they seem appropriate for just those versions. Slug throwers taking ammo, also appropriate. The Helios weapons having heat seeking seems very cool. The skills and biotics look good, though we'll have to see in practice.

We have to look at that ugly character model every time we upgrade our skills?!?!?!  Jeez.  They seriously couldn't have spent more time and money on the characters?!?!?

One more month....

I think you can suffer through the skill wheel. Also, I'd like to bet a custom character model will be there instead of the stock ones.

I didn't watch the video since I'm in a media black but that still screen shot alone is impressive looking.
I'd say this one is VERY safe. It's 100% pure gameplay on planets/area's that are rather non-descript. There are some specifics on weapons, but that didn't bother me at all. Nothing surprising, IMO. I'm pretty much like you, in a media black-out for now.

Alright, even though I have lost count of how many times I have played ME2, I've been working my way through it again in preparation for Andromeda. I'm not too the end yet, but I am getting close and thinking about the finale and once again, I have to question: Why a giant humanoid reaper? After all this time, it doesn't make any sense and the inclusion is pretty jarring. What did the Collectors/Reapers think they were doing? I feel like Bioware was setting up something specific and then the idea was abandoned prior to Mass Effect 3 because the idea of giant humanoid reapers breast-stroking their way through space did not fit the tone they were looking for. The whole scene was just...off. It's the one "Huh?" moment in an otherwise perfect sequel.
The story goes, I believe, that since Humans were giving Reapers a run for their money, the Reapers were experimenting on creating a human reaper. Since the Reapers had never been defeated before, it sort of makes sense that they would try to replicate a species that is proving that it *may* be superior. Therefore, the Reapers would still be the most powerful if they combined the best of their kind (crazy superior A.I.) and the best of this new species (i dunno....a skull?). Can't remember where I read that, but that's what stuck with me.

All that being said, I never thought on it too much.

There was also a reference that the Reapers did this with every generation they harvested, going after the race that was at the "pinnacle" of existence.

There was also a reference that the Reapers did this with every generation they harvested, going after the race that was at the "pinnacle" of existence.
Right, so the only lingering question I had was, how come we never saw any major variants of the Reapers? But, then again, it really didn't take me out of the moment when playing any of the games.

As you guys know, Toy Fair NY was last weekend. They announced a Sara Ryder version of the McFarlane figure series. (Previously we only knew about Scott.) Should be $19.99.

MF12018lg.jpg

https://youtu.be/erJhJEewCgM

So, Natalie Dormer is playing an asari in Andromeda.

The video features Natalie Dormer wearing an N7 jacket with the red sleeve stripe.

On a personal note... Well, let's say that some fantasies were fulfilled today. Fulfilled HARD.

Just when I think they've sold me on the combat, they give me another video that just sells it that much harder. :drool:

Also, for the love of everything that's holy, let Dr T'Perro be a romance option.

Furthermore: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiRFyZlR0Es

I'm not sure, but I kinda feel like the squadmates from ME 1-3 will overshadow the squadmates for Andromeda. I honestly don't feel too interested in any of the team members that have been shown.

I'm not sure, but I kinda feel like the squadmates from ME 1-3 will overshadow the squadmates for Andromeda. I honestly don't feel too interested in any of the team members that have been shown.
10 hour trial through EA Access on XB1. That should hopefully be enough for people to get interested in the characters or decide it's not for them.

I kinda felt the same way going into ME2 and then ME3 and look now. We'll see soon enough, but from the spoiler-free previews, this seems like some good Mass Effect squad action. I'm optimistic about the new crew.

#donttrustcora

That's because nothing has happened yet to get attached or like a certain character because of a certain backstory quest. Loyalty missions are back, oh yeaaah.

I kinda felt the same way going into ME2 and then ME3 and look now. We'll see soon enough, but from the spoiler-free previews, this seems like some good Mass Effect squad action. I'm optimistic about the new crew.

#donttrustcora
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but looking back I definitely think the ME3 squad mates were weaker than ME1 or ME2. Javik had some funny commentary but I didn't think EDI or James was a great squad mate and would have much rather had Wrex back full time.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but looking back I definitely think the ME3 squad mates were weaker than ME1 or ME2. Javik had some funny commentary but I didn't think EDI or James was a great squad mate and would have much rather had Wrex back full time.
I completely forgot James' name until I read this. When I talk about ME3 with my coworkers, I always referred to him as "the tank guy".

Who would be the main villain in ME: Andromeda? And since this is set in a time AFTER Shepard, which of the three Reaper decisions (Destroy, Synthesize, Control) would be canon?

bread's done
Back