Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

THIS MONTH!!!
629cc6f7bb56cdbd9d234a241ec6390a.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xe4NoXadPI

Tour of the Nexus and Hyperion (actually doesn't show that much, a lot of the video is spent in menus). Keep your ears open for what sounds like a cameo by a major Milky Way trilogy character....

I picked up a couple of the new Funko Pops at Gamestop today.  I got Jaal, Liam and Peebee.  I'll get the GS exclusive Ryder should be out soon and I saw the Archon as well.  Of the bunch, Peebee is so perfect.  I love having an Asari funko pop and still wish it was Liara.  Liam has some nice detail, also.  Way cool. 

I picked up a couple of the new Funko Pops at Gamestop today. I got Jaal, Liam and Peebee. I'll get the GS exclusive Ryder should be out soon and I saw the Archon as well. Of the bunch, Peebee is so perfect. I love having an Asari funko pop and still wish it was Liara. Liam has some nice detail, also. Way cool.
I don't even like Funko Pop figures very much, but that Peebee just looks really great. I picked one up too.

I'm going to have to stay in a galaxy far far and away from this title until price drops and my backlog is shrunken up significantly. But I'm a huge fan of the Mass Effect series. I'm eventually definitely going to make my way to this title for sure!

Wow, they look amazing. I'm in love.

It's a little weird to me that you can get the Insanity trophy by beating the campaign on Insanity OR completing Gold objectives in multiplayer... kind of trivializes it IMO. Oh well!
Hardcores like us would do it in single player, of course.

comes out to $65 after tax & shipping for me. Also for anyone ordering, it says "will be shipped by June 2017", so not sure when they'll actually ship.

https://twitter.com/LootGamingHQ/status/839536228705976322

PS4 Trophy list, so we know it'll be the same on the XB1 side of things:

https://www.exophase.com/game/mass-effect-andromeda-psn/trophies/
I'm a little confused about the Match Maker trophy/achievement:

"Complete romances with three different characters across all playthroughs."

Just speculation, but would this mean YOU bang three people or you orchestrate 3 couples to bang each other? Because that is what a Match Maker is, right? Someone who brings others together....

I'm a little confused about the Match Maker trophy/achievement:

"Complete romances with three different characters across all playthroughs."

Just speculation, but would this mean YOU bang three people or you orchestrate 3 couples to bang each other? Because that is what a Match Maker is, right? Someone who brings others together....
That's a meta-achievement, so that is likely one you'd only get on a third playthrough.

Nice trophy list, should be fairly straightforward.

Tempted by that Loot Crate, but wallet already hurting....
Let me tell you about wallet hurting. ;) This is what I'm in for:

PS4 Deluxe copy @ BB w/BB SB + XB1 Deluxe Copy @ BB w/BB SB (lessened by GCU & Visa Checkout)

Die-case Nomad CE (lessened by Visa Checkout)

RC Nomad CE (lessened by lots of RZ certs + Visa Checkout)

CE guide (paid for with AMZ credit)

Pathfinder guide kit

All the Funko POPs, including the GS exclusive and BB exclusive ones

Andromeda LE Hardcover Art Book

Loot Crate

So yes, my wallet and I aren't on speaking terms for ME: A. It's my damned weakness.

Let me tell you about wallet hurting. ;) This is what I'm in for:

PS4 Deluxe copy @ BB w/BB SB + XB1 Deluxe Copy @ BB w/BB SB (lessened by GCU & Visa Checkout)

Die-case Nomad CE (lessened by Visa Checkout)

RC Nomad CE (lessened by lots of RZ certs + Visa Checkout)

CE guide (paid for with AMZ credit)

Pathfinder guide kit

All the Funko POPs, including the GS exclusive and BB exclusive ones

Andromeda LE Hardcover Art Book

Loot Crate

So yes, my wallet and I aren't on speaking terms for ME: A. It's my damned weakness.
You're supporting a game franchise that you love. Nothing wrong with that and worth every penny if you ask me.

I'm sure your wallet will forgive you sometime soon.

Ha, my loot list:

:xb1: Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition - $44.49 (Amazon price error)
:xb1: Mass Effect Andromeda Super Deluxe Edition digital preorder - $89.99 (EA Access discount)

Best Buy steelbook - $9.99
The Art of Mass Effect Andromeda - $20.37
Mass Effect Andromeda Adult Coloring Book - $9.35
Mass Effect Andromeda: Nexus Uprising novel - $5.18
Peebee Funko Pop - $10.99
Mass Effect Andromeda Loot Crate - $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a little weird to me that you can get the Insanity trophy by beating the campaign on Insanity OR completing Gold objectives in multiplayer... kind of trivializes it IMO. Oh well!
It's been a long while since I played the multiplayer in ME3. Are Gold objectives really that hard? Doing 5 is the equivalent of a whole Insanity playthrough?!?!

It's been a long while since I played the multiplayer in ME3. Are Gold objectives really that hard? Doing 5 is the equivalent of a whole Insanity playthrough?!?!
No doubt it will take some effort, but there's no way it's as much as beating the whole campaign on Insanity. I'm sure more people will get the achievement that way, just like I'm sure more people got the Unwavering achievement in ME3 by being carried through multiplayer than by completing every mission in their Insanity playthrough (not me though :cool: ). All in all this looks like a very easy completion. There's not even an achievement for beating the game twice.

Ha, my loot list:

:xb1: Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition - $44.49 (Amazon price error)
:xb1: Mass Effect Andromeda Super Deluxe Edition digital preorder - $89.99 (EA Access discount)
The Art of Mass Effect Andromeda - $20.37
Mass Effect Andromeda Adult Coloring Book - $9.35
Mass Effect Andromeda: Nexus Uprising novel - $5.18
Peebee Funko Pop - $10.99
Mass Effect Andromeda Loot Crate - $59.99
Why do you need 2 copies of the game?

I read today that Drack is 1400 years old. That sounds awesome. I hope he has tons of stories about what he was up to in the Milky Way during the first contact era. Maybe he has some opinions about Clan Urdnot... God I am looking forward to having all of these squadmate conversations for the first time. :)

Why do you need 2 copies of the game?
I like buying games digitally when I know it's something I'm going to be playing consistently for a long time (Destiny, Gears 4, etc.), so I won't have to futz with the disc. But I also generally like having physical copies, especially for my favorite series or if it's a special edition. Sometimes the answer is to just get both. :)

Also you reminded me that I ordered the steelbook from Best Buy...

Good stuff, Ryu about the MP info above. Looks like they learned a bunch from the ME3 MP, as well as what seemed to work in DA: I MP.

I read today that Drack is 1400 years old. That sounds awesome. I hope he has tons of stories about what he was up to in the Milky Way during the first contact era. Maybe he has some opinions about Clan Urdnot... God I am looking forward to having all of these squadmate conversations for the first time. :)
I'm thinking they might have found some worthy squadmates for ME: A? I know we had some reservations, though it looks like they might have pulled off what we thought wasn't possible.

In other news, my BB-exclusive Sara Ryder Funko shipped out.

I like buying games digitally when I know it's something I'm going to be playing consistently for a long time (Destiny, Gears 4, etc.), so I won't have to futz with the disc. But I also generally like having physical copies, especially for my favorite series or if it's a special edition. Sometimes the answer is to just get both. :)

Damn it, now you're making me think about pre-ordering the Super Deluxe Digital Edition for that reason. :wall:

I'm thinking they might have found some worthy squadmates for ME: A? I know we had some reservations, though it looks like they might have pulled off what we thought wasn't possible.
Yeah I'm feeling pretty good about them generally.

Cora - Confident, experienced, seems like a Miranda type. I like her hair. :)

Liam - Don't know a ton about him yet, but he seems all right. Hopefully he doesn't fall into the Kaidan/Jacob trap of being boring. I don't know what his "hook" is yet.

Peebee - Yes, the young/spunky/blunt female companion is an established BioWare type, most recently seen in Inquisition's Sera. I liked Sera and I'm sure I'll like Peebee too, bring it on.

Drack - I'm looking forward to all the crazy war stories that this guy is sure to have. A cross between Zaeed and Grunt, I'm really excited to have him on the squad, he seems awesome.

Vetra - I think I read that she comes from a rough background and values loyalty above all else. Ton of potential here for the female version of Garrus, the ultimate bro. I see her as a best friend and confidante for Ryder, like Liara in the Milky Way trilogy if you didn't romance her.

Jaal - Don't know anything about him really, but I like that we're getting an Andromeda alien on the squad, I'm interested to find out about his circumstances and motives for joining up with Ryder.

Yeah I'm feeling pretty good about them generally.

Cora - Confident, experienced, seems like a Miranda type. I like her hair. :)

Liam - Don't know a ton about him yet, but he seems all right. Hopefully he doesn't fall into the Kaidan/Jacob trap of being boring. I don't know what his "hook" is yet.

Peebee - Yes, the young/spunky/blunt female companion is an established BioWare type, most recently seen in Inquisition's Sera. I liked Sera and I'm sure I'll like Peebee too, bring it on.

Drack - I'm looking forward to all the crazy war stories that this guy is sure to have. A cross between Zaeed and Grunt, I'm really excited to have him on the squad, he seems awesome.

Vetra - I think I read that she comes from a rough background and values loyalty above all else. Ton of potential here for the female version of Garrus, the ultimate bro. I see her as a best friend and confidante for Ryder, like Liara in the Milky Way trilogy if you didn't romance her.

Jaal - Don't know anything about him really, but I like that we're getting an Andromeda alien on the squad, I'm interested to find out about his circumstances and motives for joining up with Ryder.
I think Cora is the ME: A version of Miranda, especially if the rumor of
her being The Illusive Man's daughter
pans out. Could be interesting.

The "in space, we bang!" article on vg247 game some good insight on all the squadmates, if mainly from a romance/flirting perspective:

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/07/everything-we-know-about-banging-in-mass-effect-andromeda-after-going-hands-on-and-quizzing-bioware/

Reading that over again, I think it's going to be an interesting bunch this time around.

That's exactly what I was thinking lol

You could just buy the steelbook for $10 if you want a "physical" experience without the disc, and not have to buy 2 of the actual game

Nomad upgrade gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGG1zbjbBaM

Launch trailer tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/839883527227322368

Nomad upgrade gameplay:
In that thumbnail, if you focus just on the character and ignore the nomad, she looks like someone out of a Telltale game. Bioware needs to upgrade the way they create character models. They've got the story telling, world building, and gameplay down. Just work on those character models please.

My take is that Liam is the pragmatic, "safe" one.  He might be the wet blanket of the group, but that could make for some great comedic banter. 

A note on Vetra, her brother is the focus of the upcoming comic.  He was C-Sec, I believe, on the Citadel or something like that. 

Jaal gives me the Javik vibe, so I hope it's not that stereotypical.  It would be great to encounter a truly new species....we know nothing about them and them us....and have the guy be a total wisecracking jackass.  Like, telling us wild shit just to make fun of us. 
Also, for those interested in the super fancy backpack edition of the guide, it is only $93 on Amazon.  That is a lot cheaper than biowarestore.  I cancelled my biowarestore order and I'm saving $70, no joke.

My damage so far is rather tame, in comparison.

Deluxe Game from BB w/ steelbook = $60

Funko Pops = Liam, Peebee, Jaal, Ryder w/ helmet, N7 Ryder, Archon = $72

CE Guide = $28

AI shirt = $25

Nexus Uprising novel kindle ed. = $7

Small die cast Nomad = $10

I am likely to buy the super deluxe digital edition for $100, because like Shrike explained, this disc would be in and out a thousand times when my kids go to play just dance or lego dimensions.  I can't risk that disc getting janked up. 

I did end up cancelling the pathfinder ed. guide.  I just couldn't justify it.  I'm weak for ME, but I've spent way to freaking much on games this past few weeks between Horizon, Zelda (x2), and 8 of the Kingdom Heart funko pops. 

My haul so far:

-PS4 Deluxe Edition $44.xx (Amazon price glitch)

-PS4 Regular Edition ($37.99 after Visa Checkout, will likely trade/sell at release)

-Xbox One Deluxe Edition ($41.xx after Visa checkout)

-Free preorder Steelbook with XB1 Deluxe Edition

-$99 version Nomad ($75 after Visa Checkout)

-Archon Funko $10.99

OMGWTFBBQ!

That trailer, IMO, is the best one out of the four games.  For comparison purposes:

ME1: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_6ZMr2bMco

ME2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIG2dWLHaYU

ME3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AluTOOCVXVQ
(Official trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYDmq1TeDFs
(FemShep "Take Earth Back" launch trailer)

In my ranking, I'll have to go with ME: A > ME3 > ME2 > ME3 FemShep > ME1 for trailers. 

Anyone catch Scott Ryder with a certain crewmate in a horizontal dancing position? :D

So if I'm going to preorder the deluxe version, is the 10% discount from the Origin Access the best deal? 

bread's done
Back