Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be an idiot like me and spend $42 with CDKeys (after 5% discount).  My Xbox Live membership had expired and when I went online (with my Xbox) to enter the new key I'd JUST purchased, I see a dashboard ad for reupping for $36+tax for a year.  Sigh.

Again, my membership was expired.  I was silver.  And the ad was on my Xbox dashboard.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey guys,

Just an FYI we'll have a deal on XBOX 12 month subs starting on Sunday (10/27):

Anyone who buys this:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-Month-Membership-Online/dp/B002VBWIP6/

Will get a $20 Xbox Gift Card as well :).

Cheers,

Tony
Well, you don't have to wait until tomorrow for this deal.

Newegg has the same deal that is available today.

It says it's a limited offer but it doesn't say when it will end.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103258

I live in WA and amazon charges sales tax but newegg doesn't.

And if you have Shoprunner account, you can get free 2-day shipping.

I am stunned I haven't seen this anywhere, unless I am totally missing things:

I saw that Slurpee.com is having an Xbox One give-away, similar to the Mountain Dew give away.  It costs slurpee points to enter, and you can enter 5 times per day.  In addition to the entries, they also have rewards you can buy (not a sweepstakes, but the actual products).  They had Xbox-live 1 year subscription card (again not a sweepstakes to try to win it, but the actual card) for 100 slurpee points, which you'd say ok for slurpee.com that is pretty decent (It would take about 30 large slurpees to get that.  But here is the thing...they have 1600 point cards for 15 slurpee points (again, not a sweepstakes, but the actual card in the mail guaranteed).  That is about 4 large slurpees (I think that is less than $8 total), and you get a 1600 point card.  According to Microsoft's website, the pointcards still work even though the transition has occured to real money.  For about 3 years, I've been banking slurpee points from my family, and we had about 180 points.  I've never found anything remotely worth using on the slurpee points and figured I never would.  I just cashed them in for 11 different 1600 microsoft points cards. 

It seems to good to be true, and my confirmations (got 11 different e-mail confirmations) that my card would arrive in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks) just make me worry that they will pull a Walmart and cancel the offer, or there is something I am missing.  But considering I never cashed in points before, and didn't really ever expect to cash them in, this could be a steal!

https://www.slurpee.com/Rewards#!/All/xbox-1600-microsoft-points

I saw that Slurpee.com is having an Xbox One give-away, similar to the Mountain Dew give away. It costs slurpee points to enter, and you can enter 5 times per day. In addition to the entries, they also have rewards you can buy (not a sweepstakes, but the actual products). They had Xbox-live 1 year subscription card (again not a sweepstakes to try to win it, but the actual card) for 100 slurpee points, which you'd say ok for slurpee.com that is pretty decent (It would take about 30 large slurpees to get that. But here is the thing...they have 1600 point cards for 15 slurpee points (again, not a sweepstakes, but the actual card in the mail guaranteed). That is about 4 large slurpees (I think that is less than $8 total), and you get a 1600 point card. According to Microsoft's website, the pointcards still work even though the transition has occured to real money. For about 3 years, I've been banking slurpee points from my family, and we had about 180 points. I've never found anything remotely worth using on the slurpee points and figured I never would. I just cashed them in for 11 different 1600 microsoft points cards.

It seems to good to be true, and my confirmations (got 11 different e-mail confirmations) that my card would arrive in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks) just make me worry that they will pull a Walmart and cancel the offer, or there is something I am missing. But considering I never cashed in points before, and didn't really ever expect to cash them in, this could be a steal!

That 1600 MSP deal is ridiculously good. Wish I didn't spend all my remaining points on a Remember Me T-shirt, I could easily order some of those 1600 MSP cards and sell them.

ahh I'm undecided on what to do!  My xbox live runs out on the 12th.  The only worthwhile deal that I see right now is the 60$ xbox live gold with 20$ MS points.  Decisions, decisions...

Deal is dead now. All sold out. I hope some of you got in on this. I wound up getting 12. Tried to get 2 more today, when I found out they were done. I might be able to get the Xbox Live for 100 points, depending on how long that lasts.

I saw that Slurpee.com is having an Xbox One give-away, similar to the Mountain Dew give away. It costs slurpee points to enter, and you can enter 5 times per day. In addition to the entries, they also have rewards you can buy (not a sweepstakes, but the actual products). They had Xbox-live 1 year subscription card (again not a sweepstakes to try to win it, but the actual card) for 100 slurpee points, which you'd say ok for slurpee.com that is pretty decent (It would take about 30 large slurpees to get that. But here is the thing...they have 1600 point cards for 15 slurpee points (again, not a sweepstakes, but the actual card in the mail guaranteed). That is about 4 large slurpees (I think that is less than $8 total), and you get a 1600 point card. According to Microsoft's website, the pointcards still work even though the transition has occured to real money. For about 3 years, I've been banking slurpee points from my family, and we had about 180 points. I've never found anything remotely worth using on the slurpee points and figured I never would. I just cashed them in for 11 different 1600 microsoft points cards.

It seems to good to be true, and my confirmations (got 11 different e-mail confirmations) that my card would arrive in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks) just make me worry that they will pull a Walmart and cancel the offer, or there is something I am missing. But considering I never cashed in points before, and didn't really ever expect to cash them in, this could be a steal!

ahh I'm undecided on what to do! My xbox live runs out on the 12th. The only worthwhile deal that I see right now is the 60$ xbox live gold with 20$ MS points. Decisions, decisions...
I went about a week or so without Gold. I eventually got an offer on the dashboard for $36 for a year (just have to remember to turn off auto-renew). I eventually caved and bought it on Oct. 28th.

Well this is dumb. I'm on the dashboard and I have a message saying I can get 12 months of gold for $3/month ($36 total). I just bought a year for $40 Tuesday and still have to wait for delivery. Should have just waited....

Wish I could get that deal to pop for me.

In the Bestbuy ad (as well as the guy i talked to at gamestop) both stores are doing a "buy an xbone get 1 year for $40" deal. Is that about as good a deal as a new subscriber will get?

i picked up mine on ebay too no tax and free shipping, newegg was the seller.  Then on their site they were running the same special but with %10 off if you checked out with MasterPass.  I emailed customer support to cancel the order so i can order the XBL card from their site instead with the promotion.  Newegg surprised me and refunded me back $4 and told me no need for canceling they honored the the promotion.  the promotion is over but if you did buy it on ebay email them maybe you too can get $4 back.  

For everyone in the Pacific NW ... for today only (Thurs, Dec. 19th), Fred Meyer has their legendary "double rainbow of coupons", where you can combine a ...

b1009735_31.jpg

... with ...

b1009768_16.jpg

... to make XBL credit & subscription cards as much as 28% off, depending how close you get to the $50/$100/$150 thresholds AFTER the 10% discount is applied.  For example, if you walk up & simply bought $175 of XBL credit, that will drop to $157.50 after 10% off, and then with $30 off that, you'll pay $127.50 for $175 credit  = 27.1% discount!

New 2-day coupon at your local "Fred Meyer" to save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 in Electronics. :)

For everyone in the Pacific NW & Canada ... for 2 days (Fri-Sat, Dec. 20th-21st), Fred Meyer has their legendary "double rainbow of coupons", where you can combine a ...

b1009735_31.jpg

... with ...

b1010263_24.jpg

... to make XBL credit & subscription cards as much as 28% off, depending how close you get to the $50/$100/$150 thresholds AFTER the 10% discount is applied.  For example, if you walk up & simply bought $175 of XBL credit, that will drop to $157.50 after 10% off, and then with $30 off that, you'll pay $127.50 for $175 credit  = 27.1% discount!

And yes, this is the very transaction I did on Thursday (Dec. 19th) without any problems/questions from the clerk. He just rang up the $175, did the 10% coupon, did the $30 coupon, and I paid $127.50 (no sales tax).

I have a 12 month xbox live gold code for sale for $45.  Not sure if this is the right forum to put this in.  If it isnt then I aplogize and if someone could point me in the right direction of where to post this.

I have a 12 month xbox live gold code for sale for $45. Not sure if this is the right forum to put this in. If it isnt then I aplogize and if someone could point me in the right direction of where to post this.
This belongs in the Trading forum and it also doesn't seem like a very good deal. You can get 12 month Live for less than this at CrazyGameTime right now, use coupon code 2014 to save even more.

I just bought a $50 Xbox card from CGT that came to $40.84 after the coupon code.

This belongs in the Trading forum and it also doesn't seem like a very good deal. You can get 12 month Live for less than this at CrazyGameTime right now, use coupon code 2014 to save even more.

I just bought a $50 Xbox card from CGT that came to $40.84 after the coupon code.
Alright thanks for the info dude.

Fred Meyer has a 10% off accessories "orange tag" coupon that is good through 1/4/2014. The coupons are orange pricing tags that hang near the products and you simply bring what you want up to the register and they scan the coupon sitting behind the counter.  You don't actually have to handle a coupon at any point.

They work for points cards for XBL/PSN.  Just bought $100 in cards for $90.

It says they stack with other coupons as well, so if you still have some other kind of discount coupon, they'll work together (I'm not aware of any right now).

Fred Meyer is a Kroger brand that is located primarily in the Pacific NW (Fred Meyer Jewelers is nation wide, and is not the same thing), so this is a regional deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newegg has $10 off a $50 Microsoft Windows gift card with promo code EMCXWXT87 in today's email ad.    Does anyone know if these cards can be used for xbox live content?   I picked one up anyway since I can use it for Windows 8 and Windows phone games even if it doesn't work on xbla.

Here is a link to the ad:

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Jan-0-2014/72hpowersale03/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL010314&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL010314-_-EMC-010314-Index-_-Header-banner-_-AllDeals&et_cid=4191&et_rid=2873017

Newegg has $10 off a $50 Microsoft Windows gift card with promo code EMCXWXT87 in today's email ad. Does anyone know if these cards can be used for xbox live content? I picked one up anyway since I can use it for Windows 8 and Windows phone games even if it doesn't work on xbla.

Here is a link to the ad:

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Jan-0-2014/72hpowersale03/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL010314&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL010314-_-EMC-010314-Index-_-Header-banner-_-AllDeals&et_cid=4191&et_rid=2873017
If it works on Win Phone and WIndows 8.1 then it should work on Xbox Live content.

13 (12+1) Months Xbox Live Gold Membership (code emailed to you) for $42.99 at crazygametime.com:

http://crazygametime.com/shop/xbox-live/26-13-121-months-xbox-live-gold-membership.html

Maybe not the lowest deal I've ever seen, but a pretty good deal (and I needed it right now).
Thanks for this. I also needed one, and, with the extra month, this seems like a pretty good deal. I've never dealt with crazygametime.com before so I went through paypal. Igot an immediate e-mail code and redeemed it with no problems.

[quote name="Pheran" post="11573805" timestamp="1393779655"]It is a great deal, though I will say they are taking their sweet time sending me the codes.[/quote]ingotnmine about an hour after ordering. Both codes.

Brandsmartusa.com (or something like that) has 1600 point cards on clearance for $15 with shipping it is $20 but if you add another card, you get free shipping on the second. So you pay $35 for $40 worth of points. No tax either. They limit 2 per household but there may be a workaround. I did not order b/c I really don't need them but I thought I would pass along.

bread's done
Back