Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mer71']I decided to buy 2 1600 Space Bucks cards at Dollar General with the $10 off of $30 Paypal deal.[/QUOTE]

What is the coupon to get $10 off paypal?
Also what is that site and do they email?

[quote name='Sanges99']You're funny, haven't I see you around the DOTW thread...? :roll:[/QUOTE]

u may be confusing me with someone else, I haven't posted too often on this site recently.

[quote name='jterp7']u may be confusing me with someone else, I haven't posted too often on this site recently.[/QUOTE]

I guess you haven't: it's sort of a low-brow joke running around that people tend to ask what the Deal of The Week is going to be when it's apparent that no one knows any more than they do.

In other news, Best Buy deal of the day for Wednesday is 3 month card for $12.

[quote name='Sanges99']I guess you haven't: it's sort of a low-brow joke running around that people tend to ask what the Deal of The Week is going to be when it's apparent that no one knows any more than they do.

In other news, Best Buy deal of the day for Wednesday is 3 month card for $12.[/QUOTE]

That 3-month card comes with 800 MSP.

[quote name='nCogNeato']If that's true, that's a great deal. Can someone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. Add it to your cart and the 800msp shows up during checkout.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Confirmed. Add it to your cart and the 800msp shows up during checkout.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Managed to buy 1 before they sold out. :)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Confirmed. Add it to your cart and the 800msp shows up during checkout.[/QUOTE]

Me thinks someone had seriously dropped the ball at Best Buy when they sent the daily email containing the deals. I posted about the 3 month card price because I thought it was halfway-decent, but if I had any idea that it came with 800 pts for that price, I would've hopped all over that myself. As it stood, I didn't catch it until it was listed on SD--and sold out--later that evening. Best Buy Daily Deals, this WOMP WOMP is for you. :whistle2:\"

I ordered one for store pickup. I received the notification that the 3 month card was at the store, but I haven't picked it up. For those that also chose store pick up, was it after pick up that you got the code for the 800 points emailed? Or did you get it before? The order confirmation said it would be mailed in 30 minutes to 8 hours, but I didn't get anything yet.

[quote name='Gideon68']Some say the code was on the receipt or they received an email with it 30 minutes after pick up.[/QUOTE]

picked up 4 at store wasn't on receipt by the time I got home 8 emails, 4 of them had the code. sweet deal, finally picked up forza horizon

season pass with this.

Is there any reason that intoxicated662 decided to revise the OP with a dot?

Seeing about restoring it now. Da hell?

First half done... a half-hour later, hopefully shouldn't take as long for the second half.

And second half done.

[quote name='Sanges99']Is there any reason that intoxicated662 decided to revise the OP with a dot?

Seeing about restoring it now. Da hell?

First half done... a half-hour later, hopefully shouldn't take as long for the second half.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Not sure why he blanked out the OP like that.

[quote name='eastx']Thanks man. Not sure why he blanked out the OP like that.[/QUOTE]

Apparently he's done it to several wikified OPs. Very dickish of him.

[quote name='Tsel']Apparently he's done it to several wikified OPs. Very dickish of him.[/QUOTE]

Mark Twain (supposedly) once said--and half of this applies to me: the more I learn about people, the more I like my dog. :booty:

UPDATE: So I should probably mention I made some simple obvious edits. EastX feel free to change things up, or back, or whathaveyou.

I came on tonight to post the Best Buy $40 13-month deal, and got sucked into this spectacle of trollism.
(I saved a version of the Wiki in a text to make things a little simpler since I basically had to format everything entirely manually and copy-paste. Is there a simpler way, does anyone know?)

[quote name='Sanges99'](I saved a version of the Wiki in a text to make things a little simpler since I basically had to format everything entirely manually and copy-paste. Is there a simpler way, does anyone know?)[/QUOTE]

What browser are you using? I use Firefox and was able to copy a prior version from the edit history and paste it into the post editor, retaining the formatting and links. It looks like tylerh1701 did that last night, since he has an edit 20 minutes before your first one, and the comparison tool doesn't show any differences from your 1/2 edit.

[quote name='Bloomy']What browser are you using? I use Firefox and was able to copy a prior version from the edit history and paste it into the post editor, retaining the formatting and links. It looks like tylerh1701 did that last night, since he has an edit 20 minutes before your first one, and the comparison tool doesn't show any differences from your 1/2 edit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I caught that and actually sent him a PM to see what he did, found out (much too late) that just by clicking Edit on an old version you can save it as new. Eh, ya' live ya' learn.

Using Chrome btw. Odd thing is, I was trying to copy-paste details from an SD thread over to one of ours the other week, and Chrome was copying over every ounce of formatting to our forum--even down to the white behind the lettering but here? Nope.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']What is the usual deals on points? I mean what is the cheapest you guys see on average.[/QUOTE]

ALot of people are selling the 800 MSP they got from the BB dotd for $8 here. Other than that its the usual bro

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']What is the usual deals on points? I mean what is the cheapest you guys see on average.[/QUOTE]25% off or better, might as well grab it. Sometimes you'll find a 4000 pt card for $35, but that's uncommon, as was the recent Gamestop/BB mistakes, both of which were gone within hours.

[quote name='CrossBones3129']Finally I found the thread again![/QUOTE]

I had a hell of a time finding this thread for awhile back, too. You're in good company.

Now... BECOME ONE OF US, JOIN US. :shock:

Newegg has 1600 pt code for $18.49.

And, on a really unprofessional note, my Dealzon alert claims that Amazon's 3-month code (which is also on sale for a crappy $20) adds an 800 pt code to your cart when you purhcase it but I'm pretty sure they just didn't update their info from the Best Buy deal a couple weeks ago. I sent them a troubled comment but have heard nothing back yet.

Update: just got a response from Dealzon thanking me for "kicking their butt" and alerting them to their faux-pas. Those sillyheads.

TigerDirect via eBay came through and followed-up on their in-store sale (yes, apparently TD has stores?) - 12 month cards: $35.

GO! NOW!!!1!

At best, this is a Deal of the Day, and at any rate this usually sells out within a couple of hours. Went live at 11am EST.

[quote name='Sanges99']TigerDirect via eBay came through and followed-up on their in-store sale (yes, apparently TD has stores?) - 12 month cards: $35.

GO! NOW!!!1!

At best, this is a Deal of the Day, and at any rate this usually sells out within a couple of hours. Went live at 11am EST.
[/QUOTE]

Didn't TD buy Circuit City? Wonder if they kept some retail locations from that open.

[quote name='SackAttack']Didn't TD buy Circuit City? Wonder if they kept some retail locations from that open.[/QUOTE]

Humph, good point, though Wikipedia seems to allude to their takeover of CompUSA as most (if not all) of their retail locations. The Circuit City page only mentions their use as a website after being bought-up. Of course, it's all Wikipedia, so who-knows how reliable any of it may be.

Also, speaking of takeovers (ha!), decided to create a short-list of states that generally get taxed by the most common sites posted in this thread to avoid including it everytime a deal gets posted (and with links, too). It's not entirely reliable I noticed though, as with the last deal from Amazon I noticed that they weren't charging tax here in NY--where they normally would. I assume it's a "digital currency" thing but I can't confirm that they don't charge tax on cards for all of the other states on the list so, a grain of salt for all of you!

[quote name='SackAttack']Didn't TD buy Circuit City? Wonder if they kept some retail locations from that open.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, the Circuit City near me has closed since the bankruptcy and I have not heard of another one around still open.

[quote name='Zolor23']FWIW, the Circuit City near me has closed since the bankruptcy and I have not heard of another one around still open.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy bought out the Circuit City branches in my region a couple years ago. They even honored some of Circuit City's sales & warranties for a while, but no longer.

[quote name='Zolor23']FWIW, the Circuit City near me has closed since the bankruptcy and I have not heard of another one around still open.[/QUOTE]

I believe his thought was that these "Tiger Direct" retail stores were simply Circuit City stores that they moved their own TD stuff (and name) into.

The two Circuit City stores we had in the region both became GIANT Electronics (or something as obscure)... and then a few months later that chain went out of business, too. It was absurd.

[quote name='Sanges99']I believe his thought was that these "Tiger Direct" retail stores were simply Circuit City stores that they moved their own TD stuff (and name) into.

The two Circuit City stores we had in the region both became GIANT Electronics (or something as obscure)... and then a few months later that chain went out of business, too. It was absurd.[/QUOTE]

Was it ultimate electronics? We had one of those open in town in place if a CC and it lasted maybe 3-4 months. They had good DVD/bluray sales but that's about it.

I miss C.City

[quote name='Sanges99']I believe his thought was that these "Tiger Direct" retail stores were simply Circuit City stores that they moved their own TD stuff (and name) into.

The two Circuit City stores we had in the region both became GIANT Electronics (or something as obscure)... and then a few months later that chain went out of business, too. It was absurd.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I haven't seen a Tiger Direct B&M store ever. The old Circuit City near me still has the sign up for "Circuit City", and no store has moved in.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Was it ultimate electronics? We had one of those open in town in place if a CC and it lasted maybe 3-4 months. They had good DVD/bluray sales but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe it might've been. Was there logo big, plain, and... yellow? That's about all I remember of the place we had "squat" for about the same amt of time.

Also, upcoming XBL 12 month sale being added to the wiki: (as I'm sure has probably been posted on CAG already) Sundays Best Buy ad has cards for $35 FOR THE WEEK :GASP!:

UPDATE: Looks like the Buy.com 12 month card deal is live ATM again, too. Funny though, I thought it was dead yesterday? So I guess that means it's un...dead...? Ha Ha.

EDIT 2: Buy.com is dead again, but NewEgg has a mediocre $40 deal going on for those that can't wait til Sunday.

UPDATE 2: NewEgg via eBay deal is up in the OP. Hurry!

Looks like Amazon PM'd Best Buy's $35 deal.

I screwed around a little more with the formatting, I'm hoping that made it a little easier to read (please no one kill me over these nitpicky updates of mine, I get bored and OCD over it at times 8-[) Is there any thoughts on the color of the "sub-topic" headers for the "Months" deals (eg. "12 Month..." "3 Month..")? Is the color/formatting easy enough to pickout when you're scanning through?

Originally when I overhauled (or more like "overtweaked it"), I had those "Months" headers as yet another color... but then it started to look like a circus up in here, :shock: and I left it default-gray like the rest of the text. Now, I changed them to white for emphasis hoping they wouldn't blend quite as much. Should I/we leave it white, does it not stand out enough yet? Maybe make it a subdued green so it stands out a little more but so not to match the big header's neon green..?

Any thoughts? Anyone? Hello? LOL I know it's minor but feel free to weigh in.

EDIT: Y'know what (speaking of OCD), I think I'll try to embed some images and just say it's done. Now, to obsessively scour the internet for just. the right. pics.... :rubs hands:

CRAZY UNNECESSARY UPDATE: WOOT! Looks almost like a real thread now sorta, amiright? \\:D/

[quote name='Pheran']Any CAGers have good points deals (better than the lame Newegg one)? I'm jonesing for some points. :)[/QUOTE]

Sent you a tip via PM, otherwise things would be posted in the OP (with any luck and/or timing). Thanks for reminding me to check to see if any of those offers are still valid--scratched a couple, including the NewEgg points.

----------------
Randomly, I spotted this deal at Buy.com/Rakuten.com:

images
Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Starter Pack
Includes 1 Year Xbox Live, 400 Points, Chatpad & Headset) for $60.24 & free shipping. Not bad at all if you're looking to get a chatpad, I love mine. (Is there no plural for "mine"? :whistle2:k)

Not the cheapest it's ever been--$40, that was over a year ago?--but that was being sold on ebay.

More importantly, if you consider $35 of that to be your Year of Gold, then that's like getting everything else for only $25; the chatpad/headset pack costs that much by itself, plus the 400msp.

UPDATE: Fry's is also holding their own XBL 1-year for $35 sale, from my experience with ordering their blu's though, they sellout quick. I expect to tear this down from the OP tomorrow.
Nevermind, $6 shipping, total-mehfest. Updated the OP for any CAGs that actually live near one though--which, actually there's more states that I had imagined, 9.

The frequency of Gold sales lately are... kind of incredible? [Still.]

Up in the Pacific NW part of the USA ... Fred Meyer is once again having their "save $10/$20/$30 when you spend $50/$100/$150 in Apparel, Home, or Electronics" for 1 day only (Sunday, Feb 3rd). This means Xbox point cards (and GC's for other systems as well) will be 20% off. Cross your fingers that they put an additional 10-15% off video game accessories, which will then bring Xbox point cards down to 28-32% off. No dice ... only some select accessories are on sale this week, such as MS's wireless controller, Kinect retail package, and the Triton/MS co-branded headphones.

However, already indicated to be on sale ... 12-month Xbox Live gold subscription cards will be marked down to 39.99 (regularly $59.99) for Sunday - Saturday. When you combine it with the Sunday-only "save $10/$20/$30" coupon (and provided you can find $10.01 more to buy), this brings the subscription cards down to $31.99, or 46.7% off the MSRP for 1 day only!

If you miss Sunday's price, drag your grandma/grandpa to Fred Meyer on Tuesday, Feb. 5th, where they get 10% off (for being ages 55 & up) on apparel, home, electronics, and F.M. food (except for a few price-controlled items like WiiU, iPad, Kindle, Nook, etc), making the subscription card still decently-priced at $35.99, or 4000-point cards for $44.99. :lol:

Online ads @ www.fredmeyer.com are typically printable, so you shouldn't need to find a paper copy.

For those of you who might be interested, buying American Microsoft Points card is cheaper than Canadian cards and most others. American pts are about 15% cheaper than Canadian pts. You just need to create an account and switch your region to the United States. All Gamertags connected to the console will have access to the purchased content.

[quote name='Juub']For those of you who might be interested, buying American Microsoft Points card is cheaper than Canadian cards and most others. American pts are about 15% cheaper than Canadian pts. You just need to create an account and switch your region to the United States. All Gamertags connected to the console will have access to the purchased content.[/QUOTE]

According to CrazyGameTime, the 1600pt cards have been region-locked to USA-only, and Xbox Live does check your IP for its location at redemption ... so in that case, you might stick with any other denomination (such as 4000-point cards).

[quote name='Cornelius']According to CrazyGameTime, the 1600pt cards have been region-locked to USA-only, and Xbox Live does check your IP for its location at redemption ... so in that case, you might stick with any other denomination (such as 4000-point cards).[/QUOTE]

Cornelius, you live! Haven't seen you around these parts in forever. It's been lonely around here being the only one playing in the wiki. :applause:

I have to tell you, when I hopped on the thread tonight and looked-over the OP, I thought I screwed something up with my last edit it's been so long since anyone else did anything to it.

In other realms, I hope no one will be heartbroken that I'm not going to bother posting TigerDirect's deal via ebay for $35. They usually sell so quickly that it'll just be more archive fodder than actually helping anyone--although the listing claims they've sold 15k+, I think they keep the same listing up and just update the pricing. Listing is still up, now jacked-back-up.

Update: Looked around for some valid deals to fill the gaps until some real deals come around, Posted about BestBuy.com having 1600pt cards for the "standard deal price" of $20. Past my bedtime though, so I didn't bother to get the other "standard deal price" of $40 for a 12mo. card at Buy.com--err, "Rakuten.com" now. If no one wants to get that up, by tomorrow evening I'll get on it if... assuming it's still valid.

I've been searching for a 1600 points deal. I still can't find one. All I really have to do is walk across the street and buy it at Walmart for $20 but that is too easy. I searched craigslist and found someone who was selling them for $15 each but once again, just like how I missed that darn 3-month + 800 point deal at Best Buy, I missed this golden opportunity as he was sold out. I continue on with my search for a 1600 points deal. This thread will always be in my head and in my heart as it is apart of me now. I love you thread

[quote name='FuttBuckN']I've been searching for a 1600 points deal.[/QUOTE]

There ya' go, a day late but NewEgg has a sale starting today for 1600msp @ $18.49. Link in the OP.

[quote name='FuttBuckN']
...This thread will always be in my head and in my heart as it is apart of me now. I love you thread[/QUOTE]

Just stop calling the house and sending those weird packages. Let's not forget that the restraining order says you need to keep at least a five deal distance away. 8-[

bread's done
Back