Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered two of the 1600 point cards and one of the orders got cancelled because apparently you can only order one per household.

Anyways, they sent me the bonus 400 point code about 1 hour after i ordered.
Good deal.

[quote name='captaincold']I ordered two of the 1600 point cards and one of the orders got cancelled because apparently you can only order one per household.

Anyways, they sent me the bonus 400 point code about 1 hour after i ordered.
Good deal.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Last week I had no trouble ordering two. I think I had to make two separate orders.

I was going to hold off since I'm not really in need of points, but I received an email from BB Reward Zone of a $10 bonus certificate that I had to use by 4/1. 2000 points for $10? A no-brainer now... :)

[quote name='silverrat23']With the points cards on Best buy (1600+400), do they email you? I'm scared it'll ship the physical card.[/QUOTE]

400 point card is digital, 1600 point card is physical. So you're either going to have to do in-store pickup or get it shipped.

[quote name='Deezul']400 point card is digital, 1600 point card is physical. So you're either going to have to do in-store pickup or get it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Garrgg! Better off getting them off ebay, oh well...

[quote name='silverrat23']With the points cards on Best buy (1600+400), do they email you? I'm scared it'll ship the physical card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='silverrat23']Garrgg! Better off getting them off ebay, oh well...[/QUOTE]

I thought it kind of goes without saying when it says "card" that means you're getting a physical XBL card.

Don't be scared, bro. It only takes a week-or-so to get a card shipped. If you urgently need points, then I guess this isn't a decent deal... but why turn to ebay? If anything, in dire straits, and you neeeeeeed points, why not turn to Amazon...? At least that's reliable, and from the search I just did on ebay, about the same rate.

[quote name='aeonus']Interesting. Last week I had no trouble ordering two. I think I had to make two separate orders.[/QUOTE]

This must be a recent thing since the Best Buy clearance event I was able to order 2 rayman origins but then the week later when Prototype 2 was 5 bucks, they canceled my second order. I guess they are catching on with the multiple orders people tend to make.

Woot, 1600pt cards are back in-stock for shipping. Ordered a second one, no problems for me. Even earned some Discover cashback--granted probably two bucks, but money is money. :D

[quote name='monstericreated']Any deals on subscriptions?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']http://www.rakuten.com/prod/xbox-360-live-12-month-gold-membership-subscription-card/223400383.html

$44.99 free shipping 12 month rakuten[/QUOTE]

Starting today and running until 4/17, that same page now offers a $10-discount if you use V.me as payment (the new Visa-sponsored PayPal rival--and no, you don't need a Visa to use V.me).

Will update the OP a little later, I'm not doing so hot this week. :headache:

[quote name='Lord_Zath']I ordered points from Best Buy on Sunday and all went fine. In store pickup only. Give it a try, eastx.[/QUOTE]

Glad it went well for you. But that deal's not dead now?

Alright, OPs appropriately strikethru'd and aforementioned V.me promotional price on Rakuten has been added, absolutely nothing going on elsewhile--which sucks. Half the reason I waited to update was in hopes that something would turn-up by Tuesday but tis not to be this week, and the other reason was this massive sinus infection I've been fighting since Sunday night (these Upstate NY drastic weather changes can go shaq-fu themselves).

As soon as I saw Fred Meyers I thought, 'this must be Cornelius,' sure enough. :lol:

Just to throw this out there since it isn't any deals on XBL I have a year of gold for $35 via amazon payment

Edit: just seen the buy.com deal in the OP I still have it for sale though if anyone wants to get it from a fellow CAG instead :)

Got an email from Groupon offering 12-months of Gold for the un-spectacular price of $45 (and maybe tax -- not NY though so maybe just CA?) for those very desperate and don't want to sign up for V.me; frankly though, in the two-three weeks it'll take to get this in the mail, there'll probably be a better price pop-up.

Slapped up the vague deets in the OP about the Gears: Judgement Season Pass with bonus points, will update tomorrow when a real link is given and everything is confirmed. (Man, this card is like a bad penny lately, but that's good since it's been about the only consistent deal for over a month--aside from last week... which felt like a forever-long drought for some reason.)

Hooray for having a deal on points again! \\:D/

Updated the OP.

[quote name='jtron']I was able to buy 1600+400 microsoft points from Best Buy shipped. This link worked for me
https://deals.bestbuy.com/video+games/product/8254115/x360++gears+of+war+judgment+season+pass[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was different when you ordered, but when I click ADD TO CART from that GoW Season Pass listing, it jumps right to the regular 1600pt card from their Weekly Deals section. The weird thing is, the girl that posts the Target/BBY ads early here on CAG, had the deal listed as being the Gears Pass. Just another one of those 'Unsolved Mysteries of the Universe,' amiright? :wall:

Forgot I was sitting on $15 in BB certificates. 2000MSP for $5 out of pocket? Sign me up:bouncy: heres hoping they get here before april is over, still need to spend 600 for the 800 promo.

ugh...seeking a little guidance

Bought the 1600 gears thing yesterday - sorta - as usual they didn't have the card, a rep printed out a digital receipt for me saying you'll get the code on the receipt AND the bonus code. Fine. I go and pay, neither code is on the receipt, I ask the cute chick, she says they both should be emailed. Fine. By the time I get to the car I have the 1600 points code emailed to me...but about a day later no 400 bonus points. I just redeemed the 1600 to my account hoping/thinking maybe it would trigger something to send me an email.

So do I go back to the store? Online help? Phone customer service? As I first said...ugh

[quote name='Sauron96']ugh...seeking a little guidance

Bought the 1600 gears thing yesterday - sorta - as usual they didn't have the card, a rep printed out a digital receipt for me saying you'll get the code on the receipt AND the bonus code. Fine. I go and pay, neither code is on the receipt, I ask the cute chick, she says they both should be emailed. Fine. By the time I get to the car I have the 1600 points code emailed to me...but about a day later no 400 bonus points. I just redeemed the 1600 to my account hoping/thinking maybe it would trigger something to send me an email.

So do I go back to the store? Online help? Phone customer service? As I first said...ugh[/QUOTE]

Ugh indeed. From my experience with the chat reps, they're useless outside of what the layman can explicitly find on the site, and seeing as how the website doesn't specifically list the Gears Pass as being the one with a bonus (although from what the one CAG posted about getting one, it obviously should be valid in-store for the Pass), I think you're going to be SOL with them.

Fun story: the week that the pass came out (on a Tuesday), it was in the Sunday ad online as having the same bonus but clicking the link to the item & would give a 404 error to a search page with a internal sale code. I waited an hour to get ahold of a chat rep--apparently there is only one person working on Sundays? Lol.--I provide her the search result code and the item number and she simply states that she sees the error and they're working to fix it. Likewise I send the same issue to the site's email team and didn't get a response until that THURSDAY. Good times on BestBuy.com--good luck, man.

Hey Gamers-
Need your help...I've got a nice size credit on my Gamestop PUR PRO card, and I'm wanting to use some of that to purchase 4000MSPs via "digital delivery" from their website.
The frustrating thing, is to see that for whatever reason, Gamestop wants to charge me SALES TAX ?! REALLY !??! I've purchased codes digitally from Best Buy and other merchants in the past and there's never sales tax charged. It's basically like purchasing a gift card, only in this case there is absolutely NOTHING being shipped.
So I call Gamestop via their toll free #, and the rep explains it has to do with where I live, which doesn't make a lot of sense when again the other merchants I purchase digital codes / gift cards from, don't charge a stupid sales tax. Of course she wouldn't mention which states don't charge this silly tax.
Again, I wouldn't go on this rant and reach out for help if I didn't have this lump sum credit on my PUR account that I want to use. Anyone have thoughts, suggestions / comments on how to avoid the $4.65 sales tax ? HEEEEY, I'm CHEAP remember ?! Thanks in advance everyone.....and GAME ON !

I want to get the MS points 1600 + 400, however I'm not sure it would get here in time to take advantage of the Xbox live promo.

If I do store pickup - will I get the email right after I pick the item up? OR how about if I pick it up in-store... will it just print AUTOMATICALLY on the receipt or what? Seems like people are having problems with this??? I just want to know which method is least likely to have issues getting the 400 point bonus.

[quote name='PAULINK']Awesome, the points deal is back? Good thing I held back from buying those last 800 points.[/QUOTE]
This is just what ive been waiting for

[quote name='Tarheel76']Hey Gamers-
Need your help...I've got a nice size credit on my Gamestop PUR PRO card, and I'm wanting to use some of that to purchase 4000MSPs via "digital delivery" from their website.
The frustrating thing, is to see that for whatever reason, Gamestop wants to charge me SALES TAX ?! REALLY !?? ![/QUOTE]
You could find out if your nearest B&M also charges tax. Give'em a call and tell them your trying to buy a 4k card but their site is charging tax and ask them if the ones in their store do as well. Like you said, they shouldn't because its technically the equivalent of "currency" but it all depends on how an item/UPC is coded in the system. Working at WM, I've seen firsthand that some GCs will have tax and another one won't.

EDIT: I scoured the GS site trying to find a list of where they specifically charge sales tax and found zippo. Even a google search didn't turn up much aside from a CAG thread from 2006 about how they changed over to "charging everywhere" but digital goods is always a tricky matter. Then I found this, on Barnes & Nobles' site of all places:
Items purchased through our PC & Video Games store are supplied by GameStop. GameStop collects tax on these items in all but the following states: AK, DE, MT, NH, and OR, which have no sales tax. Generally, this tax is applied to the total amount of the order, including shipping and handling charges and gift-wrap fees, however GameStop does not collect tax on shipping for the following states: AZ, IA, ID, IN, MA, ME, MO, UT, and WY.

[quote name='Agent Orange']I want to get the MS points 1600 + 400, however I'm not sure it would get here in time to take advantage of the Xbox live promo.

If I do store pickup - will I get the email right after I pick the item up? OR how about if I pick it up in-store... will it just print AUTOMATICALLY on the receipt or what? Seems like people are having problems with this??? I just want to know which method is least likely to have issues getting the 400 point bonus.[/QUOTE]

If you have it shipped to your house, it definitely won't come in time; it usually takes about 10 days or more to get a card in the mail, at least for me. The other guy was having trouble with a Gears card, which also wasn't physically in-stock when he bought it so that's a pretty unique situation and I wouldn't take that as "law" so to speak.

FWIW, and I have no experience with this, but I'm quite sure some other CAGs can chime-in to confirm, buying the basic 1600pt card (from the link showing the bonus points) and choosing in-store pickup seems to be pretty reliable from what I've read of past deals.

[quote name='Agent Orange']I want to get the MS points 1600 + 400, however I'm not sure it would get here in time to take advantage of the Xbox live promo.

If I do store pickup - will I get the email right after I pick the item up? OR how about if I pick it up in-store... will it just print AUTOMATICALLY on the receipt or what? Seems like people are having problems with this??? I just want to know which method is least likely to have issues getting the 400 point bonus.[/QUOTE]

When I did store pickup it took 15 minutes to get my 400MSP and my order wasn't even ready for pickup yet. I prefer to buy online because when you checkout you can make sure you have 2 items in your order, one being the 1600MSP and the other being the 400MSP digital download.

I'm sure shipping speed depends on where you live, but I ordered 4 of them last night and got a shipping notice today. I used the free shipping option and it's scheduled for delivery this Friday, so that'll easily beat the April deadline for the rewards thing.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I'm sure shipping speed depends on where you live, but I ordered 4 of them last night and got a shipping notice today. I used the free shipping option and it's scheduled for delivery this Friday, so that'll easily beat the April deadline for the rewards thing.[/QUOTE]

Curoius to hear if they shipped yours, in PA, via UPS Mail Innovations, aka "delivery pass-off", aka the third slowest way to deliver a package besides carrier pigeon & pony express. I would assume they use the same methods everywhere but up here in upstate NY I always grimace watching the tracking move super-smoothly on the UPS side of things... and then take forever when it's handed-off to the post office.

Relevant:
[youtube]JHFXG3r_0B8[/youtube]

[quote name='Sanges99']Curoius to hear if they shipped yours, in PA, via UPS Mail Innovations, aka "delivery pass-off", aka the third slowest way to deliver a package besides carrier pigeon & pony express. I would assume they use the same methods everywhere but up here in upstate NY I always grimace watching the tracking move super-smoothly on the UPS side of things... and then take forever when it's handed-off to the post office.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, UPS Mail Innovations. It usually takes around 5-7 days to receive those types of packages here, so that falls right in line with what I've experienced from them. Oh well, as long as I have them before the April Rewards promotion ends, I'll be happy.

I also have to laugh because they shipped the 4 cards in 4 different packages with 4 different tracking numbers, even though they were all apart of the same order.

[quote name='CounterInsurgnt']Guys I tried to buy the 1600pt card + 400.... But its telling me shipping is NOT available! Store pick up only.....any ideas? I don't go to stores for $20 items.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the question again...? These bonus offers frequently go OOS for shipping and are available only for in-store pickup. You can holdout hope that a few more get greenlit by the end of the week but there's absolutely no guarantee; in fact, by holding out you're actually running the risk that they simply cancel the deal altogether, equally as likely. Although on the same tip, the very last time they ran this, there was a surprise few days later in the week where someone flipped the "magic switch" and they were available for shipping again.

Either take your chances, do a Rain Dance (raining points, that is) and hope for the best and keep checking back everyday... or find an excuse to headout near a BBY--there's your options.

[quote name='CounterInsurgnt']Guys I tried to buy the 1600pt card + 400.... But its telling me shipping is NOT available! Store pick up only.....any ideas? I don't go to stores for $20 items.[/QUOTE]

Halo 4 map pass 2000 points 24.99 with bonus 400 points is still available for shipping

[quote name='Sanges99']
Either take your chances, do a Rain Dance (raining points, that is) and hope for the best and keep checking back everyday... or find an excuse to headout near a BBY--there's your options.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='oemor']Halo 4 map pass 2000 points 24.99 with bonus 400 points is still available for shipping[/QUOTE]

Or apparently there's a third option where a random other deal in a similar vein will be greenlit while no one expects it. Someone, hit the button to cue the Dramatic Prairie Dog music. :shock: (Maybe the raindance worked...?)

Added the Halo Pass to the OP.

Updated the OP with today's daily deal from Best Buy, nothing terribly exciting unless you're "half-broke" and really need gold: 3-month + 1 bonus month AND 400 msp for $25. As usual, these 3-month deals seem to be useful to people that ONLY buy 3-month deals since, at this price, it's like paying retail and getting a bonus month... yippee? :whistle2:|

[quote name='Relentless Sheep']2400 MSP for $25? That's a little over a buck per point.....I'll take it![/QUOTE]

That's about a penny per point. A buck per point would be a terrible deal.

Best Buy is selling 1600 MSP with 400 bonus MSP for $20. The card is physically mailed to you and the bonus is emailed I think. I'm not sure how it'd work if you wanted to pick it up in store.

Edit: Beaten by two nanoseconds. Curse you, Decker!

[quote name='MXRider']I need a 12 month! My Xbox live expires on may 1st![/QUOTE]

Cutting that awfully close, aincha?' Hell, unless you could find a digital code or use express shipping, I don't know how you expect to get renewed on-time--even if a deal does pop-up this weekend.

bread's done
Back