Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Decker']You can still order 1600 + 400 bonus points for $19.99. It's the same deal - a penny a point.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whitereflection'] Best Buy is selling 1600 MSP with 400 bonus MSP for $20. The card is physically mailed to you and the bonus is emailed I think. I'm not sure how it'd work if you wanted to pick it up in store.

Edit: Beaten by two nanoseconds. Curse you, Decker! [/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks. Now I'll be able to grab Scott Pilgrim next week. Just ordered Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 after putting off for a year from BBY. Should have looked at the points card at the same time.

[quote name='Sanges99']Cutting that awfully close, aincha?' Hell, unless you could find a digital code or use express shipping, I don't know how you expect to get renewed on-time--even if a deal does pop-up this weekend.[/QUOTE]
I have my Halo 4 two week trial to hold me over until I get something.

Does anyone know by chance, a long time ago there was a deal where you could sign up to renew for $29.99 and you got a free Halo avatar helmet, Ive just used 12 month codes so I never had to renew, is there a way to check the auto renew price? Call MA?

[quote name='whitereflection']Best Buy is selling 1600 MSP with 400 bonus MSP for $20. The card is physically mailed to you and the bonus is emailed I think. I'm not sure how it'd work if you wanted to pick it up in store.

Edit: Beaten by two nanoseconds. Curse you, Decker![/QUOTE]

If you do it for store pickup, you get the 400 points code emailed directly to you. I found this much better than worrying whether it would print on a receipt or not in store.

Since it's not available for shipping, I went with pickup. Both times i got the 400 points code sent to me in a matter of minutes - and in fact I just did a 2nd order just now, when my store is closed so I won't even be able to pick it up until tomorrow at the earliest. So apparantly it doesn't even have to be confirmed ready for pickup, you get the 400 points right away.

This has me half wondering what would happen if I didn't go pick up the 1600 points card? Usually if you don't pick up your item, it just gets cancelled and you don't get charged. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Agent Orange']If you do it for store pickup, you get the 400 points code emailed directly to you. I found this much better than worrying whether it would print on a receipt or not in store.

Since it's not available for shipping, I went with pickup. Both times i got the 400 points code sent to me in a matter of minutes - and in fact I just did a 2nd order just now, when my store is closed so I won't even be able to pick it up until tomorrow at the earliest. So apparantly it doesn't even have to be confirmed ready for pickup, you get the 400 points right away.

This has me half wondering what would happen if I didn't go pick up the 1600 points card? Usually if you don't pick up your item, it just gets cancelled and you don't get charged. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I actually tried that, but I didn't get a full refund. They charged me five bucks for the 400 points and refunded the rest.

Its funny the Halo 4 points deal was more popular than the 1600 + 400 deal, considering you get more free points per dollar spent on the 1600 + 400 deal.

[quote name='freshzen']Its funny the Halo 4 points deal was more popular than the 1600 + 400 deal, considering you get more free points per dollar spent on the 1600 + 400 deal.[/QUOTE]

I had thought the same, but I can see how they each had their strengths, and really for just that very small loss in value, the Halo card netted a bigger payout right away.

I didn't get in on this one since I started this week with over 10k, but I might've gotten a little befuddled deciding between the two.

[quote name='benjamouth']Thanks, tried to grab 2 but don't know if I have as "Verified by Visa" threw a hissy fit :roll:[/QUOTE]

Ugh... yeah. I couldn't remember my password for Verified by VISA and got locked out of using it, had to cancel that order and use a different card.

I also couldn't order with PayPal, because I haven't had any luck getting a non PO Box address verified, and they don't ship to PO Boxes even if it's a digital order >

The Verified by Visa page is terrible. It looks like a phishing scam. I had to do some real legwork just to make sure that securesuite.net is legit.

The newegg offer is still live btw. Limit 5.

Had some complications trying to order, but an order of 1 did finally go through. Took a couple hours to get my code via e-mail, but it works and I'm a happy camper.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']The newegg offer is still live btw. Limit 5.

Had some complications trying to order, but an order of 1 did finally go through. Took a couple hours to get my code via e-mail, but it works and I'm a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will finally get Battleblock now

Trying to confirm this. Anyone know if you order multiples from the Newegg deal on one transaction if you definitely get multiple 400 point codes?

[quote name='sbaker44']Trying to confirm this. Anyone know if you order multiples from the Newegg deal on one transaction if you definitely get multiple 400 point codes?[/QUOTE]
I have 5 1600pt cards in my cart right now; there are also 5 400pt codes present. I'm saying yes.

[quote name='sbaker44']Trying to confirm this. Anyone know if you order multiples from the Newegg deal on one transaction if you definitely get multiple 400 point codes?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got a code with every order. I got 4 total

Tried to pay with PayPal. Took forever to "verify" then after a while they cancelled my order and I have a $20 pending charge on my PayPal account. Now I have to deal with trying to get my money back. Newegg CS is terrible and haven't even replied to my email yet, so I'm going to have to file a complaint with PayPal. What a headache over $20... Never ordering from there again. Sticking to Amazon/Best Buy/Ebay or even CAG from now on.

Ended up going to Best Buy and getting and getting 2400 for $20 since I had a $10 gift card from buying 2000 MSP for $20 when they had that deal.

[quote name='bruceg']I tried placing an order and my payment got denied, so maybe something is wrong with the site right now. Will try later.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I had an order voided due to verification issues last night after about 6 hours and now another order has been in verification since 8PM last night. Seems like the verification system may be jacked up.

Boy they take fraud prevention seriously, my phone number did not match the one on record with my credit card and so they called me. I missed the call which prompted an email for me to call in, which I did, but got a voicemail. At some point a business might want to make it a little easier for you to buy their crap.

Got everything sorted out, just make sure the phone number you give them matches the one on file with your credit card. Got both the 1600 and 400 point code.

Bought 2 last night and got 2 400 point codes with them. Everything worked perfect. I love newegg. A friend said he bought 1 this morning and it worked fine for him too.

Newegg is amazing in a calm and simple way. Like a friend sliding you a cold one on him, after a long day of work. Good job Newegg. Thanks for the free beer.

In for 2.

looking for a good deal on 1 or 3 month xbox live codes, or even a year, as mine expires this sunday. Shoulda picked them up in advance, damnit

[quote name='harry hood']looking for a good deal on 1 or 3 month xbox live codes, or even a year, as mine expires this sunday. Shoulda picked them up in advance, damnit[/QUOTE]

Updating the OP now actually (sorry, kids my netbook hasn't been doing that great and I've been browsing with a tablet so the few OP edits needed have been hard to come-by), for the retail price of a 3 month card at Best Buy ($25) you get an extra month and a digital code for 400pts. If you need it by Sunday though, you'll probably have to pick it up in-store.

In for 1 on the Newegg deal. Thanks OP!

EDIT: How long did it take for people to get their points?

[quote name='kburns10']In for 1 on the Newegg deal. Thanks OP!

EDIT: How long did it take for people to get their points?[/QUOTE]

Took 2 hours for the e-mail when I ordered mine.

Alright so maybe someone can confirm this code isn't linked to only my account, but randomly I got a discount code for $5 dollars off a 12 mo. card in one of those "checkout our bestselling accessories" emails from NewEgg. The code EMCXRWP233 brings the price down to $42--not terrible but not awfully-exciting--and it doesn't expire til the 22nd, so the email says.

Newegg still has me under "Order Verification" status...and I ordered my microsoft points like 4 hours ago...wtf?!

Updated OP with blah-tastic "deals" on 1600pt cards ("ooh woww, a dollar off!") and the 3 plus-one subscription cards they keep pushing for a whopping two dollars off the regular price. Not 100% sure that they're not just 1-day "sale prices" but I don't really think anyone will be heartbroken either way. :roll:

I felt guilty not having updated the OP all week (I've been besides myself having to change jobs abruptly)... then I see that formerly-wiki threads still aren't fixed to pre-upgrade status. Can I get a mulligan on this entire week, please? :whistle2:|

Heads up, Best Buy seems to have replenished their 3 month membership w/400 points - just this morning all the BBYs in my city had them in stock and until yesterday all except two were sold out. They seem to be in stock online as well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Xbox+LIVE+3-Month+Gold+Membership/6509131.p;jsessionid=B6044A83CEFDBD7A8333F8B8C5A17031.bbolsp-app01-130?id=1218751968314&skuId=6509131&st=xbox%203%20month&cp=1&lp=1

Xbox 3 month membership for $14.99 (usually $24.99) plus 400 points

Heads up, Best Buy seems to have replenished their 3 month membership w/400 points - just this morning all the BBYs in my city had them in stock and until yesterday all except two were sold out. They seem to be in stock online as well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Xbox+LIVE+3-Month+Gold+Membership/6509131.p;jsessionid=B6044A83CEFDBD7A8333F8B8C5A17031.bbolsp-app01-130?id=1218751968314&skuId=6509131&st=xbox%203%20month&cp=1&lp=1

Xbox 3 month membership for $14.99 (usually $24.99) plus 400 points
Thanks for this...the link provided took me to the one that doesnt have the extra 400 msp tho. Clicking on the offer link on that page shows the actual SKUs though, looks like there are separate SKUs for in store and online...ordered mine online. Had a $5 GC so only 9.99 w/ free expedited shipping. My live was about to run out in 3 weeks anyways so the extra 400 pts is nice :)

edit: Also, the week of the 16th target will have 1600 pts codes for $18.

Newegg is listing 12 month subs for 39.99 (shoprunner free ship).  Just got the heads up from microsoft that mine expires in less than a month and just missed the best buy deal.  Usually get these for 35 but I'm almost out of time.

That BBY deal appears to be over with. Ugh, shouldn't of waited so long.

Yup, it's Sunday -- old deals tend to get wiped clean early-Sunday mornings. That's why it's such a treat when a deal miraculously sticks around after 1-4ish AM EST.

The More You Know....

Bought a 12 mo Gold Sub w/ 800 MSP from Newegg.com for $50.

The XBL code worked no issues.  When I try to put in the MSP code though I keep getting a "code not valid" message.

I contacted Newegg about it who told me to contact Microsoft.  I have since contacted Microsoft who said they will "escalate" the issue and get back to me within 24-48 hours.

Kinda annoyed but hopefully this gets resolved.

bread's done
Back