Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Take III* - Is quick replay not working?

I have a 2 for $2 that is expiring this weekend, but on my Xbox Account it looks like it will renew at the same rate, is that the case for anyone else out there? Will it really just renew at $9.99 a month.

Bought a 12 mo Gold Sub w/ 800 MSP from Newegg.com for $50.

The XBL code worked no issues. When I try to put in the MSP code though I keep getting a "code not valid" message.

I contacted Newegg about it who told me to contact Microsoft. I have since contacted Microsoft who said they will "escalate" the issue and get back to me within 24-48 hours.

Kinda annoyed but hopefully this gets resolved.

Where you able to get it resolved? My sub ends in 3 weeks and this still seems to be the best deal unless a fellow cag knows of a better one.

My family plan ends 8/1 can I add a family member w/ a 3 month or 12 month plan and extend my family plan?

My family plan ends 8/1 can I add a family member w/ a 3 month or 12 month plan and extend my family plan?
According to the old rules, anyone you add that has time already... half of their time will be added to the Family Plan. However, now that they've stopped doing the Family Plan except for those that already have it, i'm not sure. So you might want to call MS.

I'm not even sure if mine will renew or just cancel at the renewal date now.

If you didn't have auto renew on when they announced the ending of the family program you're screwed. I tried to get my plan renewed and they just wouldn't do it. I've decided to let my live go because of the fact. I bought a Roku to access Netflix instead.

If you didn't have auto renew on when they announced the ending of the family program you're screwed. I tried to get my plan renewed and they just wouldn't do it. I've decided to let my live go because of the fact. I bought a Roku to access Netflix instead.

My auto renew is/was on. I would prefer finding a cheaper deal vs the $99, but just dont want to lose my family plan. I was gonna call them but I have seen others just lose their family plan and someone said there was no grandfather of the plan.

If you turned off auto renew you can no longer use the family plan or add time to your existing family plan. You get crazy useless error codes if you try. Believe me I tried, I have a bunch of live cards and they did not work.

My auto renew is/was on. I would prefer finding a cheaper deal vs the $99, but just dont want to lose my family plan. I was gonna call them but I have seen others just lose their family plan and someone said there was no grandfather of the plan.

I have never seen a 12 month card for $25, so good luck finding that. The family plan for Gold status is only beneficial if you have three or four people. And of course the ability to give a XBL Points allowance is great. I wonder if that will also go away once MS converts to local currency.

Glad my Family plan is set to auto renew. I'll hold onto it until MS says I have to quit.

I have never seen a 12 month card for $25, so good luck finding that.
Buy.com via eBay had them for $20 less than 2 months ago but that was BY FAR the cheapest I have ever seen it. Other than that, yeah, anything less than $35 at this point is considered a pretty good/great deal.

Normally less than 10 mins, unless there is a problem.
Yeah, that's probably pretty accurate. Check the "Your Orders" section of "Your Account". Once you click on that order, it'll tell ya pretty quick if there's an issue. If it's still not processing, you SHOULD be able to cancel it without it giving you anything other than a one dollar test charge.

What happened to the free silver to gold upgrade promo thread we used to have on here? I tried finding it in my post history but it wasn't there.

Are all the free silver to gold promos dead now or something?

@wEEman33, yep the free one month of gold for silver and two months for $2 is dead.

-_- I now see the quote option I feel dumb.

Well, I'm officially Gold.  Looks like it's the free 1 month promo for silver members deal I've used in the past.  You do have to enter current credit card or paypal info, but apparently it's a link directly to microsoft.

Do you guys think now that Microsoft has retired MSP that the 1600 and 4000 point cards will start getting super cheap at retailers who want to clear their stock?  I realize that you can still redeem these point cards like always but retailers may not want to have outdated point cards in their stores.  Also, another reason for them to get rid of them would be the fact that all points you now add to an XBox Live accoutn expire within a year.

Do you guys think now that Microsoft has retired MSP that the 1600 and 4000 point cards will start getting super cheap at retailers who want to clear their stock? I realize that you can still redeem these point cards like always but retailers may not want to have outdated point cards in their stores. Also, another reason for them to get rid of them would be the fact that all points you now add to an XBox Live accoutn expire within a year.
No because those cards are worthless until they're sold. They have to be activated at the register before Microsoft and the retailer see any money. So they will just destroy the worthless cards if they don't want them on their shelves. It's a much cheaper option then selling at a loss.

If I remember correctly, I had 60 Microsoft points before the update. After the update, they are nowhere to be found. Could anyone please tell me what happened?

If I remember correctly, I had 60 Microsoft points before the update. After the update, they are nowhere to be found. Could anyone please tell me what happened?
have you updated your console yet? If not then your points are probably not converted yet and hence why they don't show up online.

I have two consoles and I have updated only one.  I am hoping that is affecting my update status online.  Still no points showing online.

Yes I did update my console. But when I went online, my point balance was 0
You have to actually go to the store from and "attempt" to buy something. By attempt, I mean select the item and go through the process of buying it, without clicking the final agreement. Try to get to the screen where it tells you what the item costs, how many points, you have, and how many you will have after the sale. Once you try to get to that screen, instead it will prompt you to convert your points to dollars. Go through that process, then you can back out of the purchase. You account should be converted and you should be able to check your balance normally (also you will get an email telling you what your dollar total is worth).

Usually I can choose to pay with either a credit card or Microsoft points. I never added a credit card, but there is no option to pay with msp anymore so I can't convert the points. Thanks for the help though!

Usually I can choose to pay with either a credit card or Microsoft points. I never added a credit card, but there is no option to pay with msp anymore so I can't convert the points. Thanks for the help though!
Just attempt to purchase something from the console like a game (just go to the payment screen, don't actually buy it) and it'll convert your points to a dollar amount -- your 60 pts will become $0.75 in regular currency

He's talking about online though. You can no longer pay with your credits online through xbox.com. I have the same issue.

He's talking about online though. You can no longer pay with your credits online through xbox.com. I have the same issue.
Glad I'm not the only one, hehe. Before the transition, there was an option to pay with ms points instead of a credit card. Now, you need to have a credit card on, even for free purchases, and there is no alternative to get it. It especially sucks for me because my "credit card" is a 20 dollar rewards card my school gave me, but there is no freaking option for discover card!! So not only can I not get anything from the marketplace anymore, I can't use the free month promo either! I feel like Microsoft's biggest fan right now.

to the guy that asked me about the free month of xbox live.. i don't know what happened.. looks like both of our posts got deleted? but anyways just google 1 free month of xbl.. you'll see it

Entered the code I got from CDKeys.com and my membership updated without issue.

If you aren't able to get in on the Newegg deal on EBay,  give CDKeys.com a try.

my live runs out wednesday, so I decided to bite the bullet, and ordered from cdkeys, liked them on facebook, and was offered a promo code (cdk2112). ended up paying $39.68...my order was under review initially, since i paid via paypal, and the billing information was autofilled using my work address, instead of my home address, sent an email, and within 4 minutes, It was cleared, and I am up and running for another year.

Some people would rather just have a nice smooth year of live without having to go back to silver and then have it go back to gold. Also some people don't seem to think they can handle turning off auto-renew.

I have 3 years on my account and I'm glad I do, I never have to worry about it and I got them cheap. A lot cheaper than those prices though.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would build up 3 years worth of XBL credit, as if XBL is going scarce or something? How do you even know you'll still want to use XBL 3 years from now? The new Xbox is coming out and it looks like a piece of shit.
No joke! New systems that are much more powerful than the Xbox 360, have new and improved features, and a strong launch lineup of games totally suck.

Unless you meant the actual console is ugly, in which case I'd agree without sarcasm.

bread's done
Back