Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='41down']damn, well thanks for the response dude. does anyone know if i can just go grab a card off the shelve and go check out using my confirmation? i mean it just seems stupid to me that you have to wait for something they clearly have instock.[/QUOTE]

You have to wait for them to ship the item to the store. I asked if I could do what you are asking and they said no.

[quote name='41down']damn, well thanks for the response dude. does anyone know if i can just go grab a card off the shelve and go check out using my confirmation? i mean it just seems stupid to me that you have to wait for something they clearly have in stock.[/QUOTE]

Nope, its got to be stupid... I'm guessing Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart.com are ran in a manner similar to Best Buy and bestbuy.com... They are technically different entities. (example: I was in a best buy trying to return a bestbuy.com product, they shipped the same wrong item 2 times because the ISBN was inaccurate, and the local best buy wouldn't let me exchange the item for one in the store... It HAD to come from bb.com.)

Note: My example is year(s) old... Hopefully its changed but Wal-Mart has been late to online retail so I can honestly see them using the same old convoluted process.

4000 points is $44.54 at amazon ATM... walmart is exactly $1 less. $42 or cheaper again and i'm biting, missed the last one.

[quote name='TypeSH']4000 points is $44.54 at amazon ATM... walmart is exactly $1 less. $42 or cheaper again and i'm biting, missed the last one.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I only bought one when I should have gotten two... :cry:

Oh, and Wal-Mart's site to store is horrible... I still have a whole week to go before it gets to the store.

Not a deal, but just FYI for all those of you who in the past have bitched about being required to buy MS points in increments of 500 when buying through the Dashboard, MS has changed their policy and from now on they are selling them in increments of 400 to USA XBL members. Of course, why would you pay face value for points when you're a CAG... ;)

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Not a deal, but just FYI for all those of you who in the past have bitched about being required to buy MS points in increments of 500 when buying through the Dashboard, MS has changed their policy and from now on they are selling them in increments of 400 to USA XBL members. Of course, why would you pay face value for points when you're a CAG... ;)[/QUOTE]
This site has spoiled me. Unless something is an incredible deal, I only buy games as a B2G1 or B1G1 free deal. I've only bought two games so far this year because I know the end of the year has great holiday deals.

[quote name='huntzilla']What about these people selling 10000 Ms points on eBay. Are they legit?[/QUOTE]

No. At best, they're bought with stolen credit cards, and at worst, it's a scam. Probably the former.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']No. At best, they're bought with stolen credit cards, and at worst, it's a scam. Probably the former.[/QUOTE]

Since 10,000 isn't a multiple of 1600 or 4000, I'd say it's the latter. Well, I wouldn't say scam, the code you get will probably work, but it's probably from a string generator.

[quote name='huntzilla']Well say its either of those. Can you get banned for using them?[/QUOTE]

Srsly? You know it's either a scam or from stolen credit cards and you're still contemplating it?

You've never bought something from a pawn shop? I mean honestly a deal is a deal. Also, I don't definitively know that it's either of those. Some generous millionaire could be selling points to help low income people out. Instead of getting into a morality discussion, I'd simply like to know if you can get banned or into trouble from buying these.

[quote name='huntzilla']You've never bought something from a pawn shop? I mean honestly a deal is a deal. Also, I don't definitively know that it's either of those. Some generous millionaire could be selling points to help low income people out. Instead of getting into a morality discussion, I'd simply like to know if you can get banned or into trouble from buying these.[/QUOTE]

According to all the auctions for stuff like this I have seen they give you a silver account with the points loaded onto it and most say you have to use the points within 7 days. So, I guess they say 7 days so you can use the points before the account gets frozen or banned. Just my thought.

[quote name='dmzauk']According to all the auctions for stuff like this I have seen they give you a silver account with the points loaded onto it and most say you have to use the points within 7 days. So, I guess they say 7 days so you can use the points before the account gets frozen or banned. Just my thought.[/QUOTE]
If they give a time limit then it certainly gets banned. I don't know if it could get a console banned, but they definitely ban the gamertag with all the MSP on it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']If they give a time limit then it certainly gets banned. I don't know if it could get a console banned, but they definitely ban the gamertag with all the MSP on it.[/QUOTE]

Yup which means that the content you could download before that gamertag gets banned will work on that specific xbox but you can never download it again, transfer it, or use it on ANY other system. If your HD or system ever fails or the content gets corrupt your essentially fucked.

I also believe deleting the banned account can cause problems with the content you downloaded before it got banned.

[quote name='huntzilla'] Some generous millionaire could be selling points to help low income people out. [/QUOTE]

Even if on the rare off chance some rich old dude was doing this, the point values still don't equate to typical MS currency. Then again, it appears there is a 2000 pt Zune card making 10k feasible.

[quote name='x_fiddle']Yup which means that the content you could download before that gamertag gets banned will work on that specific xbox but you can never download it again, transfer it, or use it on ANY other system. If your HD or system ever fails or the content gets corrupt your essentially fucked.

I also believe deleting the banned account can cause problems with the content you downloaded before it got banned.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you download it and then transfer it to your main gamertag which would allow you to transfer it to any console or HDD?

[quote name='huntzilla']Couldn't you download it and then transfer it to your main gamertag which would allow you to transfer it to any console or HDD?[/QUOTE]

No, DLC is tied to two things. It's console and the gamertag that downloads it.

Console = Anyone can use it while they are at that console

Gamertag = This gamertag, and this tag alone, can use it at any machine hooked up to XBL.

Now, one of those is transferable... (The console) but you need the gamertag to change this and if it gets banned then you're SOL.

[quote name='Corvin']Even if on the rare off chance some rich old dude was doing this, the point values still don't equate to typical MS currency. Then again, it appears there is a 2000 pt Zune card making 10k feasible.[/QUOTE]

Except isn't there a physical cap on points per 24 hr period? I thought I'd heard somewhere after 8000 points you have to wait to redeem more codes.....could be mistaken

[quote name='genfuyung']Any deals on 12 month live subscriptions other than at amazon for 40?[/QUOTE]

I've been on the hunt for the past week and a half and thus far that's the best deal I've found. I'm still holding out for for a better deal...

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Except isn't there a physical cap on points per 24 hr period? I thought I'd heard somewhere after 8000 points you have to wait to redeem more codes.....could be mistaken[/QUOTE]

There used to be an overall cap of about 12k, but I think they did away with that. Personally, I had more than that in my account at one point.

[quote name='hottaterman']I remember when it was 30 dollars for about a 2 month span.... man, I'm still holding my breath it'll be that low again.[/QUOTE]

And everyone was speculating that $30 would be the new price? Or XBox LIVE would turn free? Hah, some interesting theories arose from those sales.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']4,000 points cards are now $41.54 on Amazon, just grabbed one a minute ago.[/QUOTE]

Was just coming here to post this.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']4,000 points cards are now $41.54 on Amazon, just grabbed one a minute ago.[/QUOTE]Awesome! (Anyone think Wal-Mart will counter and go lower?)

[quote name='el swordo']any reason they won't match the price on the email codes?[/QUOTE]

Because it's supposed to be instant, you sacrifice good pricing on getting your code almost instantly.

[quote name='GenPirate']Because it's supposed to be instant, you sacrifice good pricing on getting your code almost instantly.[/QUOTE]
yes but it probably costs amazon at least $2 more to send it through old fashioned mail

Maybe they want to see who is using stolen credit cards and ordering the digital version for $8 more than a physical card?

[quote name='Ryukahn']Maybe they want to see who is using stolen credit cards and ordering the digital version for $8 more than a physical card?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Maybe... Or who just has too much money that needs to be spent.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']4,000 points cards are now $41.54 on Amazon, just grabbed one a minute ago.[/QUOTE]
Way better than the small discount Target has on 1600 points, thanks

Unless I'm wrong this is only $0.96 better than the target deal (not counting tax which you may or may not get charged through Amazon).

[quote name='HakFoo']Unless I'm wrong this is only $0.96 better than the target deal (not counting tax which you may or may not get charged through Amazon).[/QUOTE]

You would be correct about it being only $0.96 better, but this way I save gas. Plus, there is no tax on the card through Amazon, so I don't have to worry about target possibly charging me tax on it.

Target deal = 15% off
Amazon deal = 16.92% off

So, it's a little bit better, but not enough to stock up on. I'll wait for something that's at least 30% off before I buy again.

Anyone have any extra Dr. Pepper cap codes? The bottles in my area are all NON-PROMO (I'm in a smaller town) Willing to trade 1 Month XBL subscription code for 8 caps

bread's done
Back