Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I did the difference check myself earlier and I think there was somewhere around a 10 cent difference per 400 points. Myself, I had to run around out in town anyways (plus moving soon so don't really want to order online right now anyways) made Target more appealing to me personally.

[quote name='JStryke']Yeah, I did the difference check myself earlier and I think there was somewhere around a 10 cent difference per 400 points.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm coming up with. You and Shagrath are right on the money.

Amazon
$41.54 = $0.0103 cents / spacebuck
or $4.15 / 400 pts.
========
17% off

Target
$17 = $0.0106 cents / spacebuck
or $4.25 / 400 pts.
========
15% off

Man, I'm still on the fence with this one.
Not exactly an exciting deal by any means, but it's the most we've seen in quite some time. Remember those B1G1 sales Target used to have?

Wombat said that there are now 500 point cards on the market. Has anyone seen any, or can you only buy them from the Marketplace?

[quote name='shieryda']Wombat said that there are now 500 point cards on the market. Has anyone seen any, or can you only buy them from the Marketplace?[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any, but are you sure you heard him correctly?

How many years have people griped about MS selling points in blocks of 500 on Live so that you'd have leftover points. Now they finally sell in blocks of 400 and then they release a 500 point card?

Actually,Wombat was talking about how in the LIVE marketplace you can now buy the points bundled in packs of 400. Atleast that's what he said on the CAGcast.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Actually,Wombat was talking about how in the LIVE marketplace you can now buy the points bundled in packs of 400. Atleast that's what he said on the CAGcast.[/QUOTE]

That's right. It's 400.

12 months of live is $40 on the live marketplace. Probably comes with strings attached but it's a lot faster than going to the store.

500 pt cards would be weird since most games/dlc cost 400/800/1200. would be odd to sell it in this increment and have an extra 100pt left over.. of course there are dlc bundle packs at a discount and avatar items you can buy in odd increments.

I got 11 days of live left, any good deals out there? or should I just use my credit card and get it off live.

[quote name='Ulio']I got 11 days of live left, any good deals out there? or should I just use my credit card and get it off live.[/QUOTE]Never, NEVER, use your credit card. There's always a better deal somewhere...

Amazon (proper) 39.99

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Mont..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272162170&sr=8-1

If you look at the above link and go to Amazon's marketplace for this item you can find one a few bucks cheaper if you buy from another party.

[quote name='Ulio']I got 11 days of live left, any good deals out there? or should I just use my credit card and get it off live.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for a quick solution. In the amazon marketplace, Equake999 charges $39.95 for a 12 month xbox live card and will email the code. But, he asks for your phone number to verify it's you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to buy an Xbox Indie game for 80 points...problem is I have 75. I don't want to buy 400 points and have a useless 395, or 795, or anything like that...are there any contests with 100 points being given away or something?

Not sure how getting 100 would be better than 400. You'd be better off either checking out the Avatar Marketplace or just holding on to the change for a rainy day.

When you go to the grocery store you don't have to get a Tootsie Roll Pop because it would even out the dollar amount. You get the Tootsie Roll Pop to see if you can get to the center this time.

[quote name='hottaterman']If you're looking for a quick solution. In the amazon marketplace, Equake999 charges $39.95 for a 12 month xbox live card and will email the code. But, he asks for your phone number to verify it's you.[/QUOTE]

He actually charges $34.95 or something now apparently...even better :D

thanks for the info

[quote name='Aysion']He actually charges $34.95 or something now apparently...even better :D

thanks for the info[/QUOTE]
nah, there's a "shipping charge" so it ends up being just under $40. Still a good deal though, I just bit :D

I think you can buy smaller increments using the zune marketplace.

[quote name='flameo2000']I'm trying to buy an Xbox Indie game for 80 points...problem is I have 75. I don't want to buy 400 points and have a useless 395, or 795, or anything like that...are there any contests with 100 points being given away or something?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Morphx2']I think you can buy smaller increments using the zune marketplace.[/QUOTE]

This is the best way to ensure points are not wasted. However, you can't get good deals when cards are on sale.

[quote name='flameo2000']I'm trying to buy an Xbox Indie game for 80 points...problem is I have 75. I don't want to buy 400 points and have a useless 395, or 795, or anything like that...are there any contests with 100 points being given away or something?[/QUOTE]

There is the Dr. Pepper another super hero guy movie contest that is going on now, which has 200 points as one of the possible prizes, but not that many, so good luck with that.

Just saw on my Xbox dashboard today that they're running a "Renew Your Gold" special - $9.99 for a 3-month LIVE subscription.

Where on the Dashboard did you find this?
My little brother's Live runs out Tuesday and want to get him some more time to play Reach. I can't find this ad anywhere, if it's still live that is.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Where on the Dashboard did you find this?
My little brother's Live runs out Tuesday and want to get him some more time to play Reach. I can't find this ad anywhere, if it's still live that is.[/QUOTE]

If your just getting it so he can play Reach, then you might want to opt for a 1-month code instead. The beta is only running till the 19th.

Oh, I meant that I'm in need of a Live sub sooner than later, and this seems like the best offer at this time.
I'm just willing to bet that a better deal will show up within those three months.

Helpful Tip:
You can can now turn off Xbox LIVE auto-renewal WITHOUT CALLING INDIA.
Check it out:
http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal.aspx

Microsoft gives great discounts once you’re not set for auto-renewal. When my Gold ends in March 2011, the first month back is only $1.This April 2010 promo only showed up on the dashboard the day I took off auto-renew. The key is going to be making sure to take it back off after getting the $1 month.

[quote name='XF Gator']Helpful Tip:
You can can now turn off Xbox LIVE auto-renewal WITHOUT CALLING INDIA.
Check it out:
http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/29/how-to-turn-off-xbox-live-account-auto-renewal.aspx

Microsoft gives great discounts once you’re not set for auto-renewal. When my Gold ends in March 2011, the first month back is only $1.This April 2010 promo only showed up on the dashboard the day I took off auto-renew. The key is going to be making sure to take it back off after getting the $1 month.[/QUOTE]

This has been this way for a little while. I turned it off back in January. I'm glad they finally implemented the ability to turn it off without calling.

[quote name='GuardianE']For what it's worth, you get 2% cashback using Bing.com[/QUOTE]

Ah awesome, I haven't ordered yet and just got into the Bing cashback thing so thanks for the tip!

[quote name='GuardianE']For what it's worth, you get 2% cashback using Bing.com[/QUOTE]

I only got 1%.. Great deal either way. My subscription is supposed to run out on the 19 so I definitely needed this!

why does gamestop online want to charge me tax for MS points?
aren't they NOT supposed to charge tax?

Amazon doesn't, and I'm in NY where they pushed them to tax...
just trying to figure this out lol

[quote name='CKaz']why does gamestop online want to charge me tax for MS points?
aren't they NOT supposed to charge tax?

Amazon doesn't, and I'm in NY where they pushed them to tax...
just trying to figure this out lol[/QUOTE]
It varies. I Know the ones in the blister pack tend to count as game accessories, while the ones with just a scratch off on the back count as gift cards. So they can tax on accessories.

Though Amazon in general doesn't charge tax (depending on state) because they're awesome is my own personal answer.

For those in the NW with a Fred Meyer close by, they have a 15% off Video Game accessories coupon until the 15th. I always use these for MS points :)

bread's done
Back