Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
These $10 coupons are so frustrating. They are so restrictive that they are almost useless. I put a $22 used game and a 1600 point card in the cart, and it still didn't take $10 off.

[quote name='whitereflection']That's because they only work on new games.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Another restriction.

Hey, has anyone used this site before? http://www.xboxlivepoint.com I found it while looking for deals, but it looks a bit fishy. Great price and it supports Paypal, but I'm still skeptical. Anyone know anything about it?

EDIT: "How does it works? It's very simple. You just buy any of our products and in less than 12hs we send you the new psn account to your email."

Ha.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I need points asap, because a game that is coming out soon and the dlc are already up! What is the best value right now?

[quote name='MiNuN']I need points asap, because a game that is coming out soon and the dlc are already up! What is the best value right now?[/QUOTE]
Would it happen to be Continuum Shift? ;)

[quote name='MiNuN']I need points asap, because a game that is coming out soon and the dlc are already up! What is the best value right now?[/QUOTE]

Besides the Walmart $16.54 (1600) points cards

Target has a buy two accessories over $39.99 and get a $20 giftcard. You would have to buy 2 4000 points card to get the gift card.

[quote name='EvilIA']Besides the Walmart $16.54 (1600) points cards

Target has a buy two accessories over $39.99 and get a $20 giftcard. You would have to buy 2 4000 points card to get the gift card.[/QUOTE]

Wal-mart, WHERE>?!, I live in Canada :(

[quote name='MiNuN']Wal-mart, WHERE>?!, I live in Canada :([/QUOTE]

Amazon price matched the Walmart deal, they have them for $16.54 as well. No tax and eligible for Super Saver Shipping.

cheapest I ever got points from amazon was 20 cents for a 1600 digital code right when the first started doing digital codes and really messed up...only was able to get 3 of them....best deal ever

[quote name='EvilIA']
Target has a buy two accessories over $39.99 and get a $20 giftcard. You would have to buy 2 4000 points card to get the gift card.[/QUOTE]

O Rly! Guess what I'm spending my gift cards on.

Let me just say to anyone looking to get points, but clueless what to buy....LIMBO is simply amazing. Definitely this year's Shadow Complex in terms of awe-inspiring gameplay for an arcade title. Skeptical of the price myself...but it's is proving to be worth it, no doubt

[quote name='360...']is the walmart microsoft points deal in store or just online?[/QUOTE]

somehow stores (like BB, walmart, TRU) dont price match there own websites, i had to wait 8 business days to get my 12 month xbl card

whats up with all these cheap points going on on ebay- i mean there is a shit load-they give you a silvermember ship preloaded with points.

n e one ever buy some-cuz i see a lot of people bidding/buying them

there has to be a catch right -does this work or is this a scam

The scammer would hack into an account and use the credit card on hand ore even more conveniently create an account and attach a stolen credit card. They buy lots of points, and then they proceed to sell the account to unsuspecting buyer.

[quote name='youenvy']
whats up with all these cheap points going on on ebay- i mean there is a shit load-they give you a silvermember ship preloaded with points.

n e one ever buy some-cuz i see a lot of people bidding/buying them

there has to be a catch right -does this work or is this a scam

[/QUOTE]

Stolen credit cards were used to load accounts with points to sell to you. I do not recommended using them since the accounts usually get recovered by the guy selling them to you.

[quote name='illennium']Yeah, these guys need to all perish in a conflagration. It makes it so annoying to search for real points cards on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Which is pointless anyways...I mean think about it. When have you EVER seen legit MSP go for reasonable prices on ebay?

Hell, all the time I see 1600 points (legit ones) go for $22+

Thus making it pointless to ever buy them off ebay and not in a retail store.

I mean, if people were selling authentic codes for $15 buyitnow or something, yea, that's good. But most of the real points are getting sold overpriced anyways. I hate ebay's auction whores. They make buying off ebay no fun

yeah i was iffy with the great price-(too good to be true but that's what makes it so damn tempting)

really wanted to buy 4000 points and buy a few games n just erase their account-as the games would stay on my hard drive even thought the gamer tag would be erased-

damn so these guys basically have like a sale for 1-3 days make a lot of money/cash out and erase their e bay account-
sounds all mobsterish if it indeed goes down like this

[quote name='youenvy']yeah i was iffy with the great price-(too good to be true but that's what makes it so damn tempting)

really wanted to buy 4000 points and buy a few games n just erase their account-as the games would stay on my hard drive even thought the gamer tag would be erased-

damn so these guys basically have like a sale for 1-3 days make a lot of money/cash out and erase their e bay account-
sounds all mobsterish if it indeed goes down like this[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest..I bought 4000 points off ebay ONCE for $30 BuyItNow because some guy has recommended it. Well the guy sent me a CODE, not account almost instantly. And those worked fine...and nothing bad happened. But the guy was from Tokyo, so it could've had something to do with an employee stealing a bunch of codes.

But i'd be iffy with the Silver account ones

[quote name='youenvy']really wanted to buy 4000 points and buy a few games n just erase their account-as the games would stay on my hard drive even thought the gamer tag would be erased-[/QUOTE]
That doesn't really work. After a while, you have to be signed in as the account you bought the stuff with for it to work. It took me forever to realize that was why a bunch of my Rock Band DLC and Sonic games weren't workin.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']That doesn't really work. After a while, you have to be signed in as the account you bought the stuff with for it to work. It took me forever to realize that was why a bunch of my Rock Band DLC and Sonic games weren't workin.[/QUOTE]

This isnt acurate. You just have to be online with any acct and you can use the content another act dled to your hd. (Cant use it offline)

[quote name='Grecco']This isnt acurate. You just have to be online with any acct and you can use the content another act dled to your hd. (Cant use it offline)[/QUOTE]
You can do that for a certain amount of time (how long it is, I'm not actually sure). But once you reach a certain point, you DO have to be signed in with that account to have access to it. It will show up in your hard drive space, and it won't be corrupted or anything- the game just won't recognize it's there. It can lead to some really annoying things, like Rock Band trying to load songs it knows is on your hard drive, but can't access, and completely kicking you out of your setlist. And for downloadable games, they'll show as Trial versions until you sign in as the other profile.

A quick and easy fix is to just sign in with a second controller. That's what I end up doing the majority of the time with an account I bought a long time ago. But it's annoying to have to sign in as that account whenever I want to use that DLC, if my friends came over and wanted to sign in and play something I couldn't have access to it, and spreading it over the course of a bunch of accounts is just plain confusing. It's just not worth the few extra bucks saved to shackle yourself to that account IMO.

[quote name='jcp42877']Which is pointless anyways...I mean think about it. When have you EVER seen legit MSP go for reasonable prices on ebay?

Hell, all the time I see 1600 points (legit ones) go for $22+

Thus making it pointless to ever buy them off ebay and not in a retail store.

I mean, if people were selling authentic codes for $15 buyitnow or something, yea, that's good. But most of the real points are getting sold overpriced anyways. I hate ebay's auction whores. They make buying off ebay no fun[/QUOTE]

Actually I got 4000 legit MSP points from an eBay store about a year ago for $27.99. I mean, it was legit in the sense of being an actual code that I could use on my account. No idea where the code actually came from.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']You can do that for a certain amount of time (how long it is, I'm not actually sure). But once you reach a certain point, you DO have to be signed in with that account to have access to it. It will show up in your hard drive space, and it won't be corrupted or anything- the game just won't recognize it's there. It can lead to some really annoying things, like Rock Band trying to load songs it knows is on your hard drive, but can't access, and completely kicking you out of your setlist. And for downloadable games, they'll show as Trial versions until you sign in as the other profile.

A quick and easy fix is to just sign in with a second controller. That's what I end up doing the majority of the time with an account I bought a long time ago. But it's annoying to have to sign in as that account whenever I want to use that DLC, if my friends came over and wanted to sign in and play something I couldn't have access to it, and spreading it over the course of a bunch of accounts is just plain confusing. It's just not worth the few extra bucks saved to shackle yourself to that account IMO.[/QUOTE]

It's not tied to a certain amount of time, it is actually tied to the console you originally bought it on. The DRM transfer on tool on xbox.com can put it back on your current console for offline and cross profile use. That can only be used once a year though.

Anyone been ordering from Amazon recently? They have the shipping window for Live Subs as 2-5 weeks. Is it really taking them that long?

Yeah I just put in an order for 12 month live for 34.54 with a delivery estimate between Aug 11-31. I'm fine with that since my live doesn't end until the end of the year. Figured I'd order one since the price is pretty low. I'll post an update when my order actually ships.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']That doesn't really work. After a while, you have to be signed in as the account you bought the stuff with for it to work. It took me forever to realize that was why a bunch of my Rock Band DLC and Sonic games weren't workin.[/QUOTE]

Anything bought on that xbox will work at any time for anyone, logged in or not. Anything bought under that gamer tag will work on any box, but only while that gamertag is currently logged in as one of the 4 players. Your issue sounds like songs were bought, and then maybe you had to send your box in for service and they forgot to transfer all the licenses.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Anyone been ordering from Amazon recently? They have the shipping window for Live Subs as 2-5 weeks. Is it really taking them that long?[/QUOTE]

Ordered mine on July 17th, shipped on July 28th. Should have it in a day or two.

[quote name='Bobby_D']Anything bought on that xbox will work at any time for anyone, logged in or not. Anything bought under that gamer tag will work on any box, but only while that gamertag is currently logged in as one of the 4 players. Your issue sounds like songs were bought, and then maybe you had to send your box in for service and they forgot to transfer all the licenses.[/QUOTE]
Or the person that the account belonged to changed the DRM so another console had the rights.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Or the person that the account belonged to changed the DRM so another console had the rights.[/QUOTE]
I assumed that by saying "my Rock Band DLC and Sonic games weren't workin." that they were his and under his name, but yes what you said could also certainly be true.

have any of you guys tried getting best buy to price match walmart. i pulled off here in nothern va. the managers will usually match a competitors price, if its a competitor that you can just drive over to and buy there. most managers dont know the price difference from walmart.com.

Amazon is selling 12 month live subs for $34.54. They'll have it instock August 2. With prime shipping you should get it around Aug 4.

It's not quite as good of a deal but I was able to order 3 months of live for 9.99 from my xbox dashboard yesterday. It's an option for those who are waiting quite a while for the amazon cards to ship.

[quote name='segabrain']It's not quite as good of a deal but I was able to order 3 months of live for 9.99 from my xbox dashboard yesterday. It's an option for those who are waiting quite a while for the amazon cards to ship.[/QUOTE]
its a pain in the ass to remove the credit card though :s

[quote name='Lkr721993']its a pain in the ass to remove the credit card though :s[/QUOTE]

Not that hard, just have to let you account go back silver (even one day is fine) goto "My Account", "Manage Payment Options", click "remove", and confirm. Takes less than a minute.

bread's done
Back