Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Wish I had jumped in on the $29.99 Halo dashboard deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a couple of cards around so I don't need too... but, yeah, I wish I had done so too. I went to do it the day after it ended.

MASSIVE FAIL FOR THE 4000 POINT CARDS at south austin location. i called ahead with sku, they verified the sale price, when i went down there, the only had the non-clamshell cards, which rang up 49.99. went through 2 managers and got sent home very sad....

[quote name='insideouthouse']MASSIVE FAIL FOR THE 4000 POINT CARDS at south austin location. i called ahead with sku, they verified the sale price, when i went down there, the only had the non-clamshell cards, which rang up 49.99. went through 2 managers and got sent home very sad....[/QUOTE]

I bet the CSR you called was grateful for the heads up!

is there any way i can take advantage of the 29.99 deal on the dashboard without being at my console?

Im away from my house until after november 1st, and there's no way i can get home in time to do that deal.

Is there a way i can use xbox.com and buy it through there ?

[quote name='Limet']is there any way i can take advantage of the 29.99 deal on the dashboard without being at my console?

Im away from my house until after november 1st, and there's no way i can get home in time to do that deal.

Is there a way i can use xbox.com and buy it through there ?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that deal expired a while ago...

so im considering getting the 12 month card from amazon for $44, since the msrp jumps to $60 tom. but my subscription doesn't end until feb, whats the chances it'll fall below that price before then?

[quote name='y2jasper']so im considering getting the 12 month card from amazon for $44, since the msrp jumps to $60 tom. but my subscription doesn't end until feb, whats the chances it'll fall below that price before then?[/QUOTE]

Very good. XBL cards have a habit of going on sale for $15-20 off fairly regularly. I'd say you'd be better off just waiting. 4 months is plenty of time to find a better deal.

They go for $40 on and off so it should come back to that price later on -- thanksgiving is coming up so the online retailers should have it for $40 or lower around then

Mine is running out in a couple of weeks and totally forgot about this price change. What's the best deal to jump on today for 12 mo's?

[quote name='Thrinn']Very good. XBL cards have a habit of going on sale for $15-20 off fairly regularly. I'd say you'd be better off just waiting. 4 months is plenty of time to find a better deal.[/QUOTE]

yeah this is true. im sure i will be able to get it for atleast $45 by the time my subscription ends, and theres a good chance of getting cheaper during the next month or 2

[quote name='NoHo']Mine is running out in a couple of weeks and totally forgot about this price change. What's the best deal to jump on today for 12 mo's?[/QUOTE]

$43.99 at Amazon.

[quote name='wugenius']Anyone know whats up with the Xbox Live Gold Dashboard offers?
I went online yesterday and saw a dashboard icon for Xbox live gold at 67% off. I click on it, and it takes me to a description page that says I can get gold for 1 month for 3.33 since the price is going up nov 1st to 9.99 per month. When I click "Get Gold for 3.33" it takes me to a renewal agreement for 1 year for 39.99 instead of getting the month for 3.33

Weird.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh . . . that's marketing for you.

Of course they aren't going to sell you 1-month for $3.33. They are only pointing out that when you buy the 12-month sub. @ $39.99 it will average out to $3.33 a month. :)

Anyone know where the dashboard renewal deal for 29.99 is? Or is it gone by now? I kind of decided at the last minute to renew one more time before this price hike happens (after which I think I may be done, but for 29.99 I guess I would do it).

[quote name='spincut']Anyone know where the dashboard renewal deal for 29.99 is? Or is it gone by now? [/QUOTE] It's gone.

I was able to fortunately get a year subscription card for $39.98 from Buy.com from Tiger Direct. There was a discount $4 dollar deal that brought the cost down to $40 which is not bad. I am glad since I have 2 year cards I can use.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the $29.99 price(I think from the week reach came out) doesn't actually get charged until your subscription runs out, right??

[quote name='hufferstl']Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the $29.99 price(I think from the week reach came out) doesn't actually get charged until your subscription runs out, right??[/QUOTE]
Yep.

[quote name='hufferstl']Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the $29.99 price(I think from the week reach came out) doesn't actually get charged until your subscription runs out, right??[/QUOTE]

Yes, so be sure not to go in and turn auto renewal off until after that happens and your charged, otherwise the payment will not happen and you lose the $29.99 deal.

Speaking of the $29.99 deal before Reach came out(you know the one with the noble 6 helmet). Has anyone actually got the code for their noble 6 helmet because I haven't? It's not a big deal but it would be nice just to have it considering they had it advertised as such.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Speaking of the $29.99 deal before Reach came out(you know the one with the noble 6 helmet). Has anyone actually got the code for their noble 6 helmet because I haven't? It's not a big deal but it would be nice just to have it considering they had it advertised as such.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten it. :(

[quote name='eastx']I haven't gotten it. :([/QUOTE]

I also have not received a Noble 6 helmet. My 29.99 year however has not yet kicked in either, I dunno if that has something to do with it.

[quote name='velvet396']Does that limit make it a bad deal?[/QUOTE]

No, but not being $30 does. I really think the price increase isn't going to stick. Retailers are going to discount it further before long. Probably Black Friday.

[quote name='shieryda']Ha! Buy.com has 1600 point cards for $12.20, but the shipping is fucking $10.

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=202139565[/QUOTE]

Wow, so I went through the process of buying TWO cards to see if it could qualify for free shipping. Shipping would have been a whooping $19.xx. WTF? It does not cost $19 to ship two light weight cards, which could presumably be packaged in the same box. This deal has so much potential. :bomb:

[quote name='iHN Jury']Wow, so I went through the process of buying TWO cards to see if it could qualify for free shipping. Shipping would have been a whooping $19.xx. WTF? It does not cost $19 to ship two light weight cards, which could presumably be packaged in the same box. This deal has so much potential. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Really fishy. I don't think I've ever seen a website list the shipping before you even add it to the shopping cart.

Look at this one.
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-live-1...card-gold-membership/q/loc/108/211086907.html

12 month live subscription for $38.99 + free shipping

Edit: lol nice TXboxGuY we posted at the same time!

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Hurry up guys!!!! I think everyone should jump on this offer BEFORE the price hike and the price GOES UP by like $22. We will NEVER EVER see deals like this AFTER the price hike. I'm ordering right now!!!! OMG OMG!!! /sarcasm

oh, wait. :whistle2:s

:razz:[/QUOTE]

Just ordered one with budget shipping as I won't need it for a long time. Great price/deal.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Hurry up guys!!!! I think everyone should jump on this offer BEFORE the price hike and the price GOES UP by like $22. We will NEVER EVER see deals like this AFTER the price hike. I'm ordering right now!!!! OMG OMG!!! /sarcasm

You do realize these are the old cards right? These are not printed anymore as MS has changed the logo and gone with a completely new art style.
The list price is even $49.99.
Foot, meet mouth? :lol:

[quote name='LiquidCrew']Just ordered one with budget shipping as I won't need it for a long time. Great price/deal.[/QUOTE]

Hm? What is this budget shipping you speak of?

Call us when it drops to $29.99 like most of the good deals were before the price hike.

[quote name='Vader582']You do realize these are the old cards right? These are not printed anymore as MS has changed the logo and gone with a completely new art style.
The list price is even $49.99.
Foot, meet mouth? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, that's just plain STUPID. The list price is now WRONG!!! We all know that the price of LIVE went up to $59.99. :)

Yay for pricing errors!!! Oh, I hope they don't cancel my order. I'm gonna sue if they do! :razz:

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Well, that's just plain STUPID. The list price is now WRONG!!! We all know that the price of LIVE went up to $59.99. :)

Yay for pricing errors!!! Oh, I hope they don't cancel my order. I'm gonna sue if they do! :razz:[/QUOTE]

bait and switchin' bastids.

If anyone plans on buying CoD: Blac Ops next wee , you should buy it at Target. They are supposed to be offering a 12-month card for an additional $29.99.

[quote name='shieryda']If anyone plans on buying CoD: Blac Ops next wee , you should buy it at Target. They are supposed to be offering a 12-month card for an additional $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Decent deal on the card, but you could just buy CoD at Amazon, then use the $20 code off a 12-month, making it about $25, plus no tax(for most). Of course, that's under the assumption that Amazon won't jack the price up between now and Tuesday/Wednesday.

bread's done
Back