Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's no deal on points / subs, one thing you can try to do is apply for a Target Redcard. You can sign up for either a credit or debit card (the debit comes out of your bank account). Sure, it's not that great a deal really, but 5% off is better than nothing if you're desperate. Other stores may have the same thing, but I don't know of them off hand.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Taking a hit to your credit score for only $1 or $2 off isn't really worth it... unless you live in Liberia.[/QUOTE]

Which is why you could instead sign up for the debit card. :razz: That way, you don't need to worry about credit.

I've been taking advantage of Meijer coupons whenever they come around, which is only a few times a year. If not that I'm about to start making use of my TRU rewards coupons. I got $14 worth from all that holiday shopping.

[quote name='JStryke']If there's no deal on points / subs, one thing you can try to do is apply for a Target Redcard. You can sign up for either a credit or debit card (the debit comes out of your bank account). Sure, it's not that great a deal really, but 5% off is better than nothing if you're desperate. Other stores may have the same thing, but I don't know of them off hand.[/QUOTE]

5%? It used to be 10%. 5% is not worth it to have to deal with credit card BS. Your junk mail and email spam explodes everytime you apply for one of those offers so you better be getting at least $50 for the headache. $55 because you have to add the aspirin.

[quote name='puzzlefite']5%? It used to be 10%. 5% is not worth it to have to deal with credit card BS. Your junk mail and email spam explodes everytime you apply for one of those offers so you better be getting at least $50 for the headache. $55 because you have to add the aspirin.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe you may misunderstand. Back around October it changed, but how it used to be, you signed up and saved 10% that day. When you earned so many points, you then get an additional 10% shopping day. Now, it's 5% off every purchase, every day.

So while yes, it is not as good as it may have been for that one day purchase, if you shop a fair amount at Target, it actually does add up.

My best buy now has the joust cards for $34.99 if anyone is interested. I'm picking one up for myself so if anyone wants one I'll pick another up. I already got a Madden one but I figure I'll pick up another for Joust.

[quote name='JStryke']Which is why you could instead sign up for the debit card. :razz: That way, you don't need to worry about credit.[/QUOTE]

Or.. you could be an adult.. get some great credit cards like the Fort Knox platinum card.. build your credit, get cash back, buy property and a house eventually...

debit cards are for black people. :\

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Dang, I am desperate for MS Points. :([/QUOTE]

Same these Deal of the Days + the Deal of the Week + the sale on some DLC this week has killed my supply of MS Points...

[quote name='PhrostByte']Or.. you could be an adult.. get some great credit cards like the Fort Knox platinum card.. build your credit, get cash back, buy property and a house eventually...

debit cards are for black people. :\[/QUOTE]

Whoa, hold on there partner. I'd like to be the first to say that this type of commentary is unnecessary and frankly not welcome here. Welcome to my ignore list.

Mods - feel free to delete my post if there is cleanup.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Or.. you could be an adult.. get some great credit cards like the Fort Knox platinum card.. build your credit, get cash back, buy property and a house eventually...

debit cards are for black people. :\[/QUOTE]
Seriously? I've never met anyone that doesn't have a debit card. You must not get out much, mang.

[quote name='GenPirate']Is the debit card worth it?[/QUOTE]

It kind of depends. I believe it is in my situation since I do some of my grocery shopping there and what not, and other than cash or check, is the only way I can use my 10% team member discount. So if I use that with the debit card, I actually get 15% off.

If you're going to only use it for points, it may not be worth it since you're only saving maybe a dollar, so while not great, it's still less than MSRP if nothing else. Plus it's good on anything in the store, so you could get some points and hot pockets if you desired.

What the fuck happened to my reply in this thread? Anyway the answer is NO! do not get any debit card or any store brand credit card (unless you spend at least $20,000 at that store every year). There are much better credit cards out there to waste your credit hits on. The Fort Knox in particular is the best card around... build credit history, get cash back, etc etc.. debit cards are for black people. :\

[quote name='PhrostByte']What the fuck happened to my reply in this thread? Anyway the answer is NO! do not get any debit card or any store brand credit card (unless you spend at least $20,000 at that store every year). There are much better credit cards out there to waste your credit hits on. The Fort Knox in particular is the best card around... build credit history, get cash back, etc etc.. debit cards are for black people. :\[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it was deleted because of this ignorant comment

[quote name='JStryke']Actually, I believe you may misunderstand. Back around October it changed, but how it used to be, you signed up and saved 10% that day. When you earned so many points, you then get an additional 10% shopping day. Now, it's 5% off every purchase, every day.

So while yes, it is not as good as it may have been for that one day purchase, if you shop a fair amount at Target, it actually does add up.[/QUOTE]

You are correct I misunderstood. 5% on all Target purchases is a great deal assuming there's no other negative terms of service and you're a heavy Target shopper. As someone who has the Shell 5% card I approve of this.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm sure it was deleted because of this ignorant comment[/QUOTE]

Just another lame typing crap they don't have the balls to say in public.

[quote name='PhrostByte']What the fuck happened to my reply in this thread? Anyway the answer is NO! do not get any debit card or any store brand credit card (unless you spend at least $20,000 at that store every year). There are much better credit cards out there to waste your credit hits on. The Fort Knox in particular is the best card around... build credit history, get cash back, etc etc.. debit cards are for black people. :\[/QUOTE]
It's unfortunate that you closed what were otherwise really good points about credit with an ignorant racist remark. WTF, dude.

What the fuck happened to my reply in this thread? Anyway the answer is NO! do not get any debit card or any store brand credit card (unless you spend at least $20,000 at that store every year). There are much better credit cards out there to waste your credit hits on. The Fort Knox in particular is the best card around... build credit history, get cash back, etc etc.. debit cards are for darks. :\

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']A deal on some points would be nice, but it looks like it's something that rarely, if ever, happens.[/QUOTE]

I've bought a ton of points over the years and I rarely, if ever, pay full price. Not sure you have been watching close enough or long enough.

[quote name='PhrostByte']The Fort Knox in particular is the best card around... build credit history, get cash back, etc etc.. debit cards are for darks. :\[/QUOTE]

:shock:

[quote name='killer9']he got banned good[/QUOTE]

And yet he probably has no idea why :roll:... (I didn't do the banning, but I did come in and clean up his last post).

Wait how are you guys buying 12 month cards for $35. On best buy website the cheapest is $45. The last time i went to BB i saw a couple of those joust/madden 10 year cards, so your telling me if I go today and see those cards the price will be 35 and not 60 correct?

[quote name='io']And yet he probably has no idea why :roll:... (I didn't do the banning, but I did come in and clean up his last post).[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I can't stand to see that sort of stuff on a public forum. I was about to report the post myself (glad someone else did) but the warning about sending an email to the ENTIRE set of mods made me hesitate. Funny, I had just traded with that guy earlier in the day too... Oh well, glad to see the community here won't stand for that sort of thing.

[quote name='shieryda']http://www.xboxpointsonline.com/index.htm?gclid=CNiX7oqFl6YCFQjrKgod9kcNpA

Crazy cheap prices, but did not look for shipping costs. But, it does say that they provide you with a "new account loaded with points"...[/QUOTE]

EDIT - Whoa...just caught that. I've seen stuff like this on eBay and it always looks scammy as hell. You would have to keep this account on your system to be able to access the content, and not all XBL content is accessible by all accounts on the system. Are there any positives to this I'm just not seeing?

Notice

We provide a new account(via Email) loaded with microsoft points inside.You can use it on any xbox.And the points in the xbox account can't be tran to other accounts.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Says they do online delivery (ie. emailing you the code). Looks way too good to be true though.

[/QUOTE]

We provide a new account(via Email) loaded with microsoft points inside.You can use it on any xbox.And the points in the xbox account can't be tran to other accounts.

[quote name='Plinko']Seems like a MAJOR scam.[/QUOTE]

LOL, it does kind of have that "I am running this "business" out of my parents basement" feel to it :)

Does anyone knows a trusted site that sells microsoft points (online game code), other than amazon and www.xbox.com because when I try to buy from amazon it says that microsoft points are unavailable?. HELP PLEASE

Found this on another site that does basically the same thing:

☆ We guarantee our Xbox 360 Live accounts are avaiable in FIVE days and you should run out all points as quickly as possible. If it is banned during these days, we will give you a new account or partly refund. Your benefit is 100% guaranteed!

Soooo...code generator? I wasn't sure if those were just urban legends or not, but why else would the accounts get banned?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']EDIT - Whoa...just caught that. I've seen stuff like this on eBay and it always looks scammy as hell. You would have to keep this account on your system to be able to access the content, and not all XBL content is accessible by all accounts on the system. Are there any positives to this I'm just not seeing?[/QUOTE]
No, it is a major scam, been going on ebay for some time, not to mention largely useless if you want to use xbl properly. I would suggest any of these sort of deals just be barred from this thread so as not to clutter it with crap.

[quote name='devwild']No, it is a major scam, been going on ebay for some time, not to mention largely useless if you want to use xbl properly. I would suggest any of these sort of deals just be barred from this thread so as not to clutter it with crap.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Everybody wanna just delete their posts on the subject so a mod doesn't need to? Don't want anybody being directed to a scam.

[quote name='Music']What did I miss... ?[/QUOTE]
Nothing much. A guy was making good points about the evils of store credit cards and debit cards, but inexplicably ended his post with a stupid racist remark.

[quote name='Pato1910']CAN SOMEONE ANSWER PLEASE?
Does anyone knows a trusted site that sells microsoft points (ONLINE GAME CODE), other than www.amazon.com and www.xbox.com because when I try to buy from amazon it says that microsoft points are unavailable?. HELP PLEASE[/QUOTE]

No. There is no other.

My guess is Amazon is having technical problems with their computers that generate codes, or something like that. I have never seen digital codes be out of stock before.

[quote name='Pato1910']CAN SOMEONE ANSWER PLEASE?
Does anyone knows a trusted site that sells microsoft points (ONLINE GAME CODE), other than www.amazon.com and www.xbox.com because when I try to buy from amazon it says that microsoft points are unavailable?. HELP PLEASE[/QUOTE]

eBay is probably the best you're going to do. And right now, you'll only save a couple bucks off of Amazon's prices. Not really any good sales on points going on right now.

[quote name='thrustbucket']No. There is no other.

My guess is Amazon is having technical problems with their computers that generate codes, or something like that. I have never seen digital codes be out of stock before.[/QUOTE]

DAMN they have been like this the last 3 days and I lost tons of deals

[quote name='simmias']Nothing much. A guy was making good points about the evils of store credit cards and debit cards, but inexplicably ended his post with a stupid racist remark.[/QUOTE]

Someone PM me what he said lol. please! :bomb:

My Best Buy just got a bunch more cards in. I picked up one of each and I also got a card for $40 recently so I'm set for 3 years for only $110.

bread's done
Back