Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Did you notice this on the email also

" If we are unable to ship to you within the next 10 days, we will automatically cancel this part of your order, refund your original method of payment, and notify you via email"[/QUOTE]

Got it and noticed it too and as far as I know I bought cards long before they went out of stock...

Funny, considering you can go to any of their stores and find the 1600 just littering the floor of electronics ...

[quote name='stack9902']crap mine just says processing and they took the cash lol we'll see![/QUOTE]
I'm sure you're good then.

When did you order? I ordered at 8:06 AM Central Time. (At least that’s the timestamp on the email they sent me.)

[quote name='stack9902']crap mine just says processing and they took the cash lol we'll see![/QUOTE]

i ordered at 9:37am and when i go to track my order on their site, mine also says processing. but i did get the backordered email as well so i think everyone's order says processing.

[quote name='Jabrim']Hmm, thinking about getting this.

Actually it says $44.96 now.[/QUOTE]

Strange ... I guess I got in just in time.

The site still displays 42.96 for me ... tried purchasing again and cart said 42.96 ... but when checking out it gets priced up to 44.96

Lame

(Gold members can renew for $29.99 from the dashboard).

Am I missing something about this or is this line just horribly outdated?
The only assumption I've got is that if my Gold subscription has completely ranout then I'm going to get a message on my console telling me to renew for only 29.99? My logic-ometer is not liking the sense behind this.

Currently the only deal I see about renewing is from the "Spotlight" row on XBL that says I can renew for $44 w/a free game. (Meanwhile my gf's version of this ad says she can do it for $40--but hers is about to runout by Feb.)

Someone buy me a clue, please.

[quote name='Jabrim']Hmm, thinking about getting this.

Actually it says $44.96 now.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I did check a few hours ago (11 A.M. -ish) and it was $44.96 but just now I see it back to $42.96.

Go NOW!!!!! :)

We just bought two $40 cards through Amazon, applied them both to my account, then converted to the Family plan. ;) There are four of us in my "Family" (me, my son, Father in law and Bro in law) who each have an xbox. So for this year it ended up costing us $20 each and next year it will be $25 each. ;)

[quote name='Dalerax']Shows $44.96 for me. What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Are you clicking thru a link?

I'm just going directly to walmart.com >>> then searching "xbox points" -- it's right there listed.

In Stock $42.96

I've never purchased points from Wal-mart online but I always assumed they added sales tax. They [Microsoft] add tax all the times I've bought thru the dashboard. I know Amazon has always been tax-free for me. Seems that Wal-Mart is also -- when it comes to points.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Hmmm. Are you clicking thru a link?

I'm just going directly to walmart.com >>> then searching "xbox points" -- it's right there listed.

In Stock $42.96

I've never purchased points from Wal-mart online but I always assumed they added sales tax. They [Microsoft] add tax all the times I've bought thru the dashboard. I know Amazon has always been tax-free for me. Seems that Wal-Mart is also -- when it comes to points.[/QUOTE]

Yes they add sales tax, I got it for the Singularity I bought from them today.

[quote name='XF Gator']Best Buy kindly PM'd WalMart's 1600 points at $14.96. Just got one for next months Black Ops map pack.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get them to PM? I printed the page that showed the price and that it was in stock at the time just in case I felt like trying but that has never worked for me in the past.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']How'd you get them to PM? I printed the page that showed the price and that it was in stock at the time just in case I felt like trying but that has never worked for me in the past.[/QUOTE]

Just asked the cashier if they price match Wal Mart. He said yes. I said they have this point card on sale for $14.95. He asked a manager and got the go ahead. Simple as that.

Only time I've been rejected on a PM was last October when I tried to get a PM for Targets $20 12 mo Halo Reach card deal with a physical Target receipt in hand. Should have just bought more of them at Target.

Man Target had some good CAG deals last year, Black Ops PC for $9.95 has to be one of my all time CAG highlights.

Question:

I can get a Family Pack for $45 since I get credit for my current subscription but my brothers live in Mexico. I know the FAQs say that all the accounts must reside within the same country but I was wondering if anyone had actually tried it.

[quote name='scrub0bk']is the $14.xx the instore price at walmart for the 1600 pt cards?[/QUOTE]

No, unless by some freak of nature ymmv.

[quote name='eliter1']Question:

I can get a Family Pack for $45 since I get credit for my current subscription but my brothers live in Mexico. I know the FAQs say that all the accounts must reside within the same country but I was wondering if anyone had actually tried it.[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried different countries, but all the accounts have to be on the same Xbox initially. Since you probably can't recover the brothers' foreign country accounts, you won't be able to share the Family plan.

[quote name='Deezul']Haven't tried different countries, but all the accounts have to be on the same Xbox initially. Since you probably can't recover the brothers' foreign country accounts, you won't be able to share the Family plan.[/QUOTE]

The accounts can be recovered in my Xbox and on his and they are U.S. based accounts. I usually have him buy marketplace content with my account so he can get it and then I recover my account and everything plays fine but I was wondering if this would work the same for this family pack. I think I am going to go ahead and try it and hope for the best.:cool:

[quote name='eliter1']The accounts can be recovered in my Xbox and on his and they are U.S. based accounts. I usually have him buy marketplace content with my account so he can get it and then I recover my account and everything plays fine but I was wondering if this would work the same for this family pack. I think I am going to go ahead and try it and hope for the best.:cool:[/QUOTE]

If they are all the same country accounts, you'll be fine. I had to recover two accounts to set up the Family Plan on my Xbox, and then they recovered them again on their Xbox. Everything worked fine.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Any leads lately? I'm really jonesing for some more points. These sales are killing me.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean....I just picked up microbots and next week is hydrophobia :(.

[quote name='XF Gator']Just asked the cashier if they price match Wal Mart. He said yes. I said they have this point card on sale for $14.95. He asked a manager and got the go ahead. Simple as that.

Only time I've been rejected on a PM was last October when I tried to get a PM for Targets $20 12 mo Halo Reach card deal with a physical Target receipt in hand. Should have just bought more of them at Target.

Man Target had some good CAG deals last year, Black Ops PC for $9.95 has to be one of my all time CAG highlights.[/QUOTE]

Well you basically scammed them then, because they're not supposed to match online prices at other stores unless it's also in-store. So you either have really crappy, or really good employees...depending how you look at it. :whistle2:k That is, unless I missed something and they extended the Wal Mart sale to in-store.

Speedway is offering 500 bonus SpeedyRewards points on 1600 Point cards and 3 Month Xbox Live Subscription cards. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. I purchased a 1600 Point card this morning, and received 900 points total (400 for the $19.99 purchase, and 500 for the bonus.)

I just found a dozen 13-month Live cards at the North Little Rock, AR Toys R Us for $24. I picked up two to add to the ones I bought last November from the Little Rock store, a manager grabbed another two, and the remaining eight are still sitting on the shelf. If anyone is in the area, go grab 'em. They're behind the glass.

bread's done
Back