Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up one of the 4000 MS points cards for $39.99 from eBay/buy.com. I also used the groupon coupon ($15 for $7). Only thing was I was charged 6% tax for the card, but still a great deal. $34.39 shipped in effect. Thanks all!

If anyone needs a Xbox Live 12 month subscription code (e-mailed to you instantly) let me know, I have some for sell. Message me for details.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Need a deal on points. These XBLA sales are killing me, lol.[/QUOTE]

i know what you're saying. thankfully i had most of the capcom games that are on sale...but last sale really killed me.

Kmart has a deal for points cards.

• Buy $40 to $119.99 of gaming software and get a $15 coupon
  • Buy $120 or more of gaming software and get a $15 and a $45 gaming coupon.
1600 point cards are eligible for this promo, although you may have to find some $.02-.06 cent fillers somewhere. 4000 point cards are not eligible.

The Gaming coupons are redeemable 4/24/11 to 5/21/11.

Can you get point cards and still get the coupon? So for example, could I buy 2 $19.99 cards + filler and get a $15 coupon? And what on god's green earth could you possibly get that would qualify as $.02-.06 cents of gaming software filler?

[quote name='thirtyninesteps']Can you get point cards and still get the coupon? So for example, could I buy 2 $19.99 cards + filler and get a $15 coupon? And what on god's green earth could you possibly get that would qualify as $.02-.06 cents of gaming software filler?[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I meant to write ">$.02-.06 filler", since $39.98 is not equal to or greater then $40 (therefore the coupon won't trigger). The filler would most likely be a cheap clearance game like Zenses ($2.99) that can bump you over.

In the KMart thread, some people are resigning themselves to buying three cards @ $59.97 and taking the $15 coupon that way.

Bought a 360 a week ago and purchased a 3 month code for $12 from Target directly from the Xbox Live menu.

Waiting for a good deal for a 12 month code.

[quote name='javierlp']Bought a 360 a week ago and purchased a 3 month code for $12 from Target directly from the Xbox Live menu.

Waiting for a good deal for a 12 month code.[/QUOTE]

How do you buy something from Target on the Xbox? Or what exactly do you mean? I have a friend who's getting an Xbox and I'm looking for a deal for him. The Amazon 43.99 isn't exactly a doorbuster of a deal. If he could get 3 months for $12, that would give him time to find a better deal on 12 months.

[quote name='crunchewy']How do you buy something from Target on the Xbox? Or what exactly do you mean? I have a friend who's getting an Xbox and I'm looking for a deal for him. The Amazon 43.99 isn't exactly a doorbuster of a deal. If he could get 3 months for $12, that would give him time to find a better deal on 12 months.[/QUOTE]

It was Target promo on the XBL dashboard. It's not there any more. Bought it last Thursday, the day I purchased the Xbox.

It only let me buy 1 code. For that price I wouldn't have mind buying 2 3 month codes to hold me on until a good deal for the 12-month subscription surfaced.

And you're right, $43.99 ain't a bad deal, but not exactly "doorbuster".

There's a new deal for 3 + 1 month 50% off on Xbox.com from Jack Links and Hulu Plus:

Get a 3-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership for 50% off. And for a limited time you’ll receive an extra month FREE, courtesy of Jack Link’s Beef Jerky.
Go Gold!

[quote name='JAR']Kmart has a deal for points cards.

• Buy $40 to $119.99 of gaming software and get a $15 coupon
  • Buy $120 or more of gaming software and get a $15 and a $45 gaming coupon.
1600 point cards are eligible for this promo, although you may have to find some $.02-.06 cent fillers somewhere. 4000 point cards are not eligible.

The Gaming coupons are redeemable 4/24/11 to 5/21/11.[/QUOTE]
I wish I would've known this last week. I would've been all over it! Oh well, I'm following this thread now!

[quote name='Tropicat']There's a new deal for 3 + 1 month 50% off on Xbox.com from Jack Links and Hulu Plus:

Get a 3-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership for 50% off. And for a limited time you’ll receive an extra month FREE, courtesy of Jack Link’s Beef Jerky.
Go Gold![/QUOTE]

Is the offer available on Xbox's website or only through the dashboard?

Not at home but as soon as I get in I'll jump on this.

Not bad for $10.

Still waiting for a good deal on a 12 month code, though.

[quote name='javierlp']Is the offer available on Xbox's website or only through the dashboard?

Not at home but as soon as I get in I'll jump on this.

Not bad for $10.

Still waiting for a good deal on a 12 month code, though.[/QUOTE]

$12.50 (the price for 3 months is $24.99).
Still a nice deal, 4 months for $12, I jumped on this one yesterday and yep..seems to be on the Dashboard. Disappeared after I got it. :bouncy:

(The 4th month will be added to the account up to 8 weeks later)

[quote name='feroca']$12.50 (the price for 3 months is $24.99).
Still a nice deal, 4 months for $12, I jumped on this one yesterday and yep..seems to be on the Dashboard. Disappeared after I got it. :bouncy:

(The 4th month will be added to the account up to 8 weeks later)[/QUOTE]

Crap.

MS didn't let me use the offer since I already had taken advantage of the Target 3 month subscription. What's up with that?

Oh well...

How do I renew for "29.99" through the Dashboard? I looked everywhere, including my Membership panel, and found nothing for this - it was just at the standard 59.99. My sub ends in a couple of weeks, I think.

If this belongs somewhere else please let me know. My Gold renewal is 2 weeks away and I got an update on my dashboard saying I would get 600 MS points if I renewed my membership using a 12 month CARD. I am hoping this will combine with the 200 points Xbox live rewards program so it will be an 800 point reward. The other nice thing about this deal was I had a $29.99 auto renewal associated with my account (some sign-up offer back in Sept.) and it retained this price for my 2012 renewal. Anyone else get this offer yet. If not, people might want to wait to re-up their accounts until they are closer to the actual renewal date.

While nothing to write home about as far as deals go, but if you are planning on getting microsoft points and can't find any good deals here's a site that at least will save you a trip to the store and a $1 off the normal price:

http://www.sun-e-side.com/XBOX-Live-C28.aspx

1600 MS Points - $18.95 (Digital Delivery)
4000 MS Points - $48.95 (Digital Delivery)

[quote name='GoHeels211']While nothing to write home about as far as deals go, but if you are planning on getting microsoft points and can't find any good deals here's a site that at least will save you a trip to the store and a $1 off the normal price:

http://www.sun-e-side.com/XBOX-Live-C28.aspx

1600 MS Points - $18.95 (Digital Delivery)
4000 MS Points - $48.95 (Digital Delivery)[/QUOTE]

The 40000 points has been cheaper on Amazon and still is as of today 5/5.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1304630293&sr=1-3

[quote name='Marauder7']40,000 is a lot of points[/QUOTE]

He's still right though. Moreso @40,000 points. If you buy 10 of those cards you'd save a lot more ($12 more) at Amazon. Though I'll hold out for a better discount. Buy.com will come to my rescue soon enough I hope.

Was @ Walmart last night and they had a deal on the Black Ops 12/month sub card for $36.

They had ran out, though.

I tried to get them to honor the price on a 12+1 card but the guy declined. Was in a hurry so I wasn't gonna bother too much. May try another Walmart.

[quote name='javierlp']Was @ Walmart last night and they had a deal on the Black Ops 12/month sub card for $36.

They had ran out, though.

I tried to get them to honor the price on a 12+1 card but the guy declined. Was in a hurry so I wasn't gonna bother too much. May try another Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Was this YMMV in nature or is it nationwide?

[quote name='XF Gator']Was this YMMV in nature or is it nationwide?[/QUOTE]

[FONT=&quot]Gator, went on a small shopping spree @ lunch and visited another Walmart. They too had the deal with the Black Ops 12 month card for $36 but again, no more in stock. The employee confirmed that the deal should be @ any Walmart. Have a brother in law that works @ another WM and he told me he’d check if they have them in stock. [/FONT]

bread's done
Back