Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xealot42']Ebay daily deal = 4000 MSP for $39.99.

You guys think amazon will match? I may have to bite as I want to buy Trenched and the summer of arcade is quickly approaching.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen Amazon matched any eBay daily deals. I would buy one but Buy.com is following protocol to charge sales tax since they have a distribution center in good ol TN.

Just hope Hastings doesn't charge sales tax on these cards when I get there shortly.

Do any of y'all have a Kindle 3G with Special Offers or know anyone that owns it? Check out this thread on SD. A save $10 on video games offer popped up for them and one of the guys said it works on points too. Just an FYI.

Anyone see any Xbox live deals online? Still looking to renew for at least a month until something better comes around but I missed out on all the recent stuff.

Just went to Amazon to purchase a 12 month Gold membership to renew - I picked the online code option so I could enter it immediately -- it said $48.99 on the page and the cart, but when I went to check out, it gave me a $10 promotion.

So, if you're in the market for a 12 month sub, try Amazon today for $38.99.

[quote name='jayntampa']Just went to Amazon to purchase a 12 month Gold membership to renew - I picked the online code option so I could enter it immediately -- it said $48.99 on the page and the cart, but when I went to check out, it gave me a $10 promotion.

So, if you're in the market for a 12 month sub, try Amazon today for $38.99.[/QUOTE]

is that before you pay?

[quote name='jayntampa']Just went to Amazon to purchase a 12 month Gold membership to renew - I picked the online code option so I could enter it immediately -- it said $48.99 on the page and the cart, but when I went to check out, it gave me a $10 promotion.

So, if you're in the market for a 12 month sub, try Amazon today for $38.99.[/QUOTE]

no promo showed up when I tried, are you sure you didn't just have $10 promo credit from a past purchase?

Yeah, it was before I paid, and I didn't have any promos left over ... I don't even know what the promotion would have been for. It just automatically applied it. No idea what it was for then ...

I received some random $10 credits for Live subs by purchasing games from Amazon about 6 months ago. They weren't advertised in any way, and I was notified via e-mail a few days after the order was placed. Maybe that's what it was from and you didn't realize you had them? Just a thought.

[quote name='mrosnwo']I received some random $10 credits for Live subs by purchasing games from Amazon about 6 months ago. They weren't advertised in any way, and I was notified via e-mail a few days after the order was placed. Maybe that's what it was from and you didn't realize you had them? Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what that $10 promo credit came from. I still have it in my account, it expires at the end of this year (12/31/2011). Jayntampa probably forgot. Unfortunately this $10 promo credit only applies towards XBL online codes.

[quote name='DerClaw']Do you guys know if the 240 points in the Dance Central game can be used on anything, or only for Dance Central stuff?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to use the points on anything.

Thanks man! Exactly what I was looking for!

Man those points from buy.com via ebay are taking their sweet time getting here. If only I wasn't 65 points short of 1200 for Trenched!

And I have 220 pending rewards points that would give me enough as well but who knows when those will be deposited! :whee:

Snagged one. Great timing too. My yearly Live subscription renewal is next month. Was able to buy it for $38 because of my eBay bucks. So 12 months, 400 points, chatpad, and a headset all for $38 is a steal for me. Thanks jbg87!

[quote name='buckythekat']thanks for the link, I wasn't going to reup on Gold when I bought a new 360 finally but well I wanted a messenger pad as well so I caved :eek:[/QUOTE]

And a backup headset and it also comes with 400 MS points too! plus the 12 month gold!!

[quote name='jinxpalm']Is anyone else having trouble redeeming their points? I got 3 4000 point cards from Buy.com keep getting errors[/QUOTE]

Happened to me a week or so ago. Just waited a few minutes and it worked.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Happened to me a week or so ago. Just waited a few minutes and it worked.[/QUOTE]

I dunno I've been trying for a few days now. Won't let me add the points.

[quote name='jinxpalm']I dunno I've been trying for a few days now. Won't let me add the points.[/QUOTE]

Might have a locked account. Did you get in on the Jack Links deal for $1 a couple of months back (getting up to 5 months for $1 each glitch)?

If so, your account's been flagged for fraudulent activity (to protect the account from further charges). You can still connect to Xbox Live but cannot purchase items or redeem cards.

Will probably take a couple of phone calls to Microsoft for verification but you can get it unlocked... Good luck!

yeah if you read my previous posts in this thread, it was a real pain in the ass for me. however, they finally did unlock my account.yeah if you read my previous posts in this thread, it was a real pain in the ass for me. however, they finally did unlock my account.

[quote name='Javansdaddy']Might have a locked account. Did you get in on the Jack Links deal for $1 a couple of months back (getting up to 5 months for $1 each glitch)?

If so, your account's been flagged for fraudulent activity (to protect the account from further charges). You can still connect to Xbox Live but cannot purchase items or redeem cards.

Will probably take a couple of phone calls to Microsoft for verification but you can get it unlocked... Good luck![/QUOTE]

What do I have to tell them? I called them twice and they escalated my issue but didn't get a call back yet. I did that promotion so this must be the issue.

I think I'm screwed. I cannot redeem any point cards. I call Microsoft and they didn't tell me that my account was locked even though I'm sure it must be as I did that $1 promo. Really don't know what to do :cry:

[quote name='jinxpalm']What do I have to tell them? I called them twice and they escalated my issue but didn't get a call back yet. I did that promotion so this must be the issue.[/QUOTE]

Call again... Took me 2 phone calls (@ 20min a piece) to finally get it done. I explained that I couldn't redeem a card and was afraid my account was flagged for fraud. Explain you've been escalated but haven't been called back and you're concerned. Give whoever the reference number you got from the previous calls...

Some on another thread said it took them multiple calls, guess I was lucky to get someone that knew what was going on to get it handled so quickly...

Do not wait for Microsoft to call you back! Call them back until the problem is fixed, I waited a few hours for a call then said to hell with it and called and expressed to the representative how upset I was and he got it all fixed within about twenty minutes.

are the good deals on these a certain time of the year?(black friday, christmas, after new years,etc) or are they random? what are the trigger points for you guys to buy 12 months and 1600/4000 pt cards?

[quote name='yahoosale14']are the good deals on these a certain time of the year?(black friday, christmas, after new years,etc) or are they random? what are the trigger points for you guys to buy 12 months and 1600/4000 pt cards?[/QUOTE]

Last year and for the next two I haven't paid more than 36 for live. I got in on that halo deal last year and found 2 12 month cards for 35. Before I found this site I don't think I really paid more than 40 though.

For points I will usually buy a 4k card when they go on sale for 40 from buy, assuming I don't have a ton of points. If I am out of points and really want something though I will just get them from ms. But that doesn't happen often.

[quote name='Maestro']I see a new deal on the dashboard. an extra month for $1![/QUOTE]

I never see these dashboard deals anymore, just "join gold" and the regular pricing. What gives?

I haven't seen any dashboard deals in a while either. I haven't had live for 2 months+ and for the past few weeks i have only had the "join gold" option on my dashboard. If i were to make a new gamertag/account on my 360 would i get any dashboard promotions (i wouldn't mind the new account since it's a few years old and i have only made around 5 dlc downloads and no MS points).

i got black ops a month ago and still haven't played online :(.

[quote name='An J0e']I haven't seen any dashboard deals in a while either. I haven't had live for 2 months+ and for the past few weeks i have only had the "join gold" option on my dashboard. If i were to make a new gamertag/account on my 360 would i get any dashboard promotions (i wouldn't mind the new account since it's a few years old and i have only made around 5 dlc downloads and no MS points).

i got black ops a month ago and still haven't played online :(.[/QUOTE]

Just a reminder that every console (including Slim) come with 3 free months of Gold. Just make a new hotmail email and gamertag through your dashboard. Select "upgrade to Gold later" and viola you get a free month of Gold.

Also keep in mind that DLC downloads on the first console work for any account. (Useful if you want to split the cost of COD map packs with a friend). Definitely one nice thing about Xbox DLC over PS3.

[quote name='XF Gator']Just a reminder that every console (including Slim) come with 3 free months of Gold. Just make a new hotmail email and gamertag through your dashboard. Select "upgrade to Gold later" and viola you get a free month of Gold.

Also keep in mind that DLC downloads on the first console work for any account. (Useful if you want to split the cost of COD map packs with a friend). Definitely one nice thing about Xbox DLC over PS3.[/QUOTE]

err...you sure about that and thats its 3 months instead of 1? i thought they discontinued that each account gets one month with an xbox dashboard update because you could make up to 3 accounts with a free 1 month. pretty sure its just 1 month free period.

[quote name='XF Gator']
Definitely one nice thing about Xbox DLC over PS3.[/QUOTE]

You can share with up to 5 consoles on PS3 AND none of them have to be online to play.

[quote name='yahoosale14']err...you sure about that and thats its 3 months instead of 1? i thought they discontinued that each account gets one month with an xbox dashboard update because you could make up to 3 accounts with a free 1 month. pretty sure its just 1 month free period.[/QUOTE]

They charged me $1 for one month when I just bought my slim... Sticking to PS3 and PC for online play after that.

[quote name='donkeydrop']You can share with up to 5 consoles on PS3 AND none of them have to be online to play.[/QUOTE]

Lol I was going to mention this. Groups share was the shit!

[quote name='donkeydrop']You can share with up to 5 consoles on PS3 AND none of them have to be online to play.[/QUOTE]

Lol I was going to mention this. My old Group share was the shit!

Points cards are still cheaper on Newegg than anywhere else. Get a pre-order, use the NEWCUSTOMER10 and the 1600 points end up being $14 something. They don't charge pre-orders till it ships.

[quote name='karyadi']Points cards are still cheaper on Newegg than anywhere else. Get a pre-order, use the NEWCUSTOMER10 and the 1600 points end up being $14 something. They don't charge pre-orders till it ships.[/QUOTE]
Can someone explain this. I'm trying to buy some cheap points.

bread's done
Back