Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bing rewards is having a special on their 400 ms points - now 300 bing points - just went live and lasts for 10 days I think it is - nice deal - not sure where this belongs - probably even deserves it's own thread.

[quote name='CCCHeel']Darn it. I keep checking this thread everyday for a deal on a 12-month card...

My Gold expires in 3 days...[/QUOTE]

I'm on the same boat. My live runs out on the 20th and I'm just hoping something pops up in the next week.

[quote name='bordjon']Bing rewards is having a special on their 400 ms points - now 300 bing points - just went live and lasts for 10 days I think it is - nice deal - not sure where this belongs - probably even deserves it's own thread.[/QUOTE]

Damn, they usually cost 500 points but I only have 175 in the bank so I can't take advantage.

Besides when they first rolled it out, has there ever been a deal/special for the Family Pack?
Pretty sure they gave that Snoopy game and/or Maw to early subscribers, but haven't seen anything since.

I let my Gold run out back in June and haven't missed it much. A brother of mine ran out last month, and another brother is running out next. If we all decide to join back up, this is how we'd do it. Just wondering if I should be looking for promotions or not.

[quote name='bordjon']Bing rewards is having a special on their 400 ms points - now 300 bing points - just went live and lasts for 10 days I think it is - nice deal - not sure where this belongs - probably even deserves it's own thread.[/QUOTE]

Hehe i just came here to post this as well, i have 288 points so i should be able to get the points i need tomorrow to make 300. Woo hoo :bouncy:

[quote name='Curufinwe']Damn, they usually cost 500 points but I only have 175 in the bank so I can't take advantage.[/QUOTE]

The deal is running through the 23rd, so there's a shot you could make up the 125 in the next 10 days... 10pts for searches per day (100pts), then if you have the BingBar they usually have one 3pt task a day or so, did you complete the missions on www.discoverbing.com? There's some points right there...

[quote name='mmgreenmms']I'm still seeing 400 MSP for 500 bing points. What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

On the Rewards redemptions page it still showed at 500 bing points for me too. But then when I actually clicked on it it took me to an individual page where I could order and showed the "Hot Deal" for 300 bing points.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got my points

[quote name='JayMan8081']On the Rewards redemptions page it still showed at 500 bing points for me too. But then when I actually clicked on it it took me to an individual page where I could order and showed the "Hot Deal" for 300 bing points.[/QUOTE]

It's working now! Thanks for your help!

Besides when they first rolled it out, has there ever been a deal/special for the Family Pack?
Pretty sure they gave that Snoopy game and/or Maw to early subscribers, but haven't seen anything since.

I let my Gold run out back in June and haven't missed it much. A brother of mine ran out last month, and another brother is running out next. If we all decide to join back up, this is how we'd do it. Just wondering if I should be looking for promotions or not.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Besides when they first rolled it out, has there ever been a deal/special for the Family Pack?

I let my Gold run out back in June and haven't missed it much. A brother of mine ran out last month, and another brother is running out next. If we all decide to join back up, this is how we'd do it. Just wondering if I should be looking for promotions or not.[/QUOTE]

I honestly do not recommend the Family Plan unless you are OK with only the main person being considered an 'adult' by Xbox. Unless they've fixed it in the last month, all other accounts are considered a child account and see limited things on the dashboard and can't download anything with an M rating. It's driving my husband crazy but we're trying to hold out until it runs out in March to not waste money.

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't redeemed any points in a while, so I was able to nab 8 codes today. If they hold out, I'm only a few days away from being able to get one more.

Just a heads up. If you're a member of Lockerz and have a plethora of PTZ like I do, you can actually get 4000 MSP cards for just $35 or 1600 MSP for $14. They actually ship you the card though, so you may have to wait a while.

Thanks for the tip on the 400 MS points. Do they email you a code or do they ship a card? I would assume emailing a code would be easier, but they ask for your mailing address.

My Gold is running out in a week and all I see on the Dashboard is a deal for $44, which isn't great considering I could get a code from Amazon for five dollars more without getting auto-renew put on. Maybe I'll let it run out for a while to see if anything better pops up.

[quote name='captpluto9465']Thanks for the tip on the 400 MS points. Do they email you a code or do they ship a card? I would assume emailing a code would be easier, but they ask for your mailing address.

My Gold is running out in a week and all I see on the Dashboard is a deal for $44, which isn't great considering I could get a code from Amazon for five dollars more without getting auto-renew put on. Maybe I'll let it run out for a while to see if anything better pops up.[/QUOTE]
Email you the code

Thanks I cashed in 900 rewards points for 1200 MS points. Thanks for the tip!

Also thanks for the discoverbing tip. I didn't know about that. So, I got some more points for that stuff.

[quote name='rey6eric']Thanks for that, now I'm at 281 points. Are there new things to "discover" everyday?[/QUOTE]

Not usually. I found this a few days ago, and I had an extra one to do today. It doesn't seem daily, but they may update it from time to time.

[quote name='ThirdEchelon']Not usually. I found this a few days ago, and I had an extra one to do today. It doesn't seem daily, but they may update it from time to time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response, I'll check back from time to time. Meanwhile, I'll be able to redeem 400 MP by Sunday:D

[quote name='Javansdaddy']The deal is running through the 23rd, so there's a shot you could make up the 125 in the next 10 days... 10pts for searches per day (100pts), then if you have the BingBar they usually have one 3pt task a day or so, did you complete the missions on www.discoverbing.com? There's some points right there...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't know about this. Unfortunately, the 50 points from Discover only got me up to 175. It looks like I'll be just short of a second code at 300 credits.

[quote name='JaTaN']Email you the code[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got the code within 12 hours. I'll probably be putting this towards Deus Ex HR Missing Link DLC in the future.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I was only about 16 points short of 900, and used the Discover missions to push me above 900. Got all three 400 point cards emailed to me almost instantly.

Lucky me! I had been saving my points since I started in August, and cashed them in for 1600 MS points.
I have a 1600 point card I can redeem as well to get the extra 140 point reward for this month.
1740 MS points for clicking on websites. I like it.

[quote name='SRW1000']Thanks for the tips, guys. I was only about 16 points short of 900, and used the Discover missions to push me above 900. Got all three 400 point cards emailed to me almost instantly.[/QUOTE]

How much are your 400 point cards? I have to spend 500 to get them...

[quote name='ThirdEchelon']How much are your 400 point cards? I have to spend 500 to get them...[/QUOTE]Just 300 credits until 10/23. There's a special running right now. It's one of the rotating Hot Deals on the main reward page.

[quote name='SRW1000']Just 300 credits until 10/23. There's a special running right now. It's one of the rotating Hot Deals on the main reward page.[/QUOTE]

Wow, completely missed that. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='JaTaN']http://www.bing.com/start/discover and login to Bing -- you'll a bunch of things to click on for points[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was sitting at 290 and that put me at around 340. Just enough to cash in for one.

Awesome deal for those that save their points. I don't save any. I live in fear of them removing them as a reward so I cash in as soon as I hit the minimum. lol

[quote name='woodcan']Nice, just picked up 400MSP and hopefully I get them delivered soon.[/QUOTE]

I did this last night and got the email with the code this morning, so I'd guess the turnaround is around 12 hours.

[quote name='jza1218']I did this last night and got the email with the code this morning, so I'd guess the turnaround is around 12 hours.[/QUOTE]

It depends on when you order. You receive the code much faster when you order during normal business hours. I ordered this morning and got my code 2 hours later. In the past, i've ordered on the weekend and didn't receive a response until Tuesday.

I was saving up for the 3 Months of Hulu Plus (a $24 value) for 694, but it figures they're somehow "out of stock", so I may be better off biting on at least one of the 400 MSP rewards (leaving me with about 490something), making up the 200 reward point difference and hoping by then that the Hulu Plus reward will be back. Also, I would recommend that anyone who DOES not have a Bing account right now, sign up for their 250 points and using discoverbing.com will easily put you over the 300 mark.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I was saving up for the 3 Months of Hulu Plus (a $24 value) for 694, but it figures they're somehow "out of stock", so I may be better off biting on at least one of the 400 MSP rewards (leaving me with about 490something), making up the 200 reward point difference and hoping by then that the Hulu Plus reward will be back. Also, I would recommend that anyone who DOES not have a Bing account right now, sign up for their 250 points and using discoverbing.com will easily put you over the 300 mark.[/QUOTE]

I'm upset. I signed up yesterday but apparently didn't click the "right" link. No bonus points for signing up. I'm currently at 91. :censored:

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I was saving up for the 3 Months of Hulu Plus (a $24 value) for 694, but it figures they're somehow "out of stock", so I may be better off biting on at least one of the 400 MSP rewards (leaving me with about 490something), making up the 200 reward point difference and hoping by then that the Hulu Plus reward will be back. Also, I would recommend that anyone who DOES not have a Bing account right now, sign up for their 250 points and using discoverbing.com will easily put you over the 300 mark.[/QUOTE]

How do you sign up for the 250 points? I just joined earlier today and didnt see that anywhere.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']It still says 500 for the points for me, and its not in the hot deals section.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not seeing it anymore. Looks like the "limited quantities" bit may have come into play. Oh well, good while it lasted.

Yeah, I can't seem to find the points for 300 either. It's showing some of the hot deals, but I have no idea if that would be all of them or not since I rarely use Bing.

[quote name='TopsideKracker']I contacted Bing about the 250 pts. Apparently the cutoff for the promotion was 9/16/11. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

My mistake. ^^; Damn, I didn't realize there were limited quantities. I know they're "sold out" of the 3 Months of Hulu Plus bundles, but I thought I could wait 'till closer to the 23rd on this, the promotion's only been in effect for like 2 days?

bread's done
Back