Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CVagts']the 4k points with the 25 different codes seems a bit shady to me.[/QUOTE]

It is shady, it's likely from that 160 point exploit where a bunch of codes got stolen, I wouldn't touch a 4000 point deal on Ebay unless its from Buy.com

[quote name='benjamouth']It is shady, it's likely from that 160 point exploit where a bunch of codes got stolen, I wouldn't touch a 4000 point deal on Ebay unless its from Buy.com[/QUOTE]

This.

I really can't trust ebay on a points deal unless from Buy. I guess I'm stuck buying my 4000 point codes from Amazon at $46.xx.

[quote name='benjamouth']It is shady, it's likely from that 160 point exploit where a bunch of codes got stolen, I wouldn't touch a 4000 point deal on Ebay unless its from Buy.com[/QUOTE]

I bought without realizing it was 160 point codes. Does anyone know if I could get banned for redeeming them? Should I report it on Ebay since it isn't a legitimate sale since you cannot sale online codes without hard copies? Other than "Be more careful" .... anyone have thoughts or advice on this?

I've redeemed my codes. I didn't realize the 160 point codes bit until someone pointed it out.I would honestly say 100% you will not get banned for this. If you do (which I highly doubt) you could fight it till the death. You bought them on an ebay auction none the wiser.

[quote name='Slappybob']Anyone used them?

How reliable are they?[/QUOTE]

I have. Ordered a 12 mo last year. Took a couple days, but it came out fine. I've read some CAGs use them as well

Crazygametime.com has 4000 points for $38.99 and 12 months for $39.99. No coupon needed this time. Not sure how long it will last.

I got 4000 point code delivered by email within seconds of submitting through paypal. Code redeemed with no issue. They are legit.

Don't trust CEG Direct; they will add on a ridiculous $13 shipping fee even though the code is sent by email, plus some other miscellaneous fee, so the total ends up being $51.xx. The site says the shipping will be deducted if you enter some code, but that doesn't happen. Scam city.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Crazygametime.com has 4000 points for $38.99 and 12 months for $39.99. No coupon needed this time. Not sure how long it will last.

I got 4000 point code delivered by email within seconds of submitting through paypal. Code redeemed with no issue. They are legit.[/QUOTE]

I can second this... I purchased 4000 points for $38.99, no tax, no odd charges. After phone verification (painless really) I purchased via paypal and had my code within seconds of the transaction... code entered via xbox live website (copy & pasted from email) and points added without issue.

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='teknomedic']I can second this... I purchased 4000 points for $38.99, no tax, no odd charges. After phone verification (painless really) I purchased via paypal and had my code within seconds of the transaction... code entered via xbox live website (copy & pasted from email) and points added without issue.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to third this. I wouldn't have even bothered if not for two different CAGs with older join dates saying it worked, but it went just as smoothly as they said. I do get sort of a fishy vibe from the site, but I got my code for the code worked, the email was fast, and the phone verification was surprisingly painless, so I'm not complaining.

This thread got buried after a bunch of posts got deleted. I'm assuming some of the sites mentioned were considered not legitimate. Current best 12 mo. subscription prices (shipped) at sites I know to be legit are 46.99 from buy.com and 48.41 from newegg.

[quote name='dirtyvu']I have no clue how the moderator is picking and choosing what is legitimate and what isn't...[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
If they think it's ok to go through and delete posts, they need to give a reason. The site several of us used seems legit and works fine. If they have evidence that they are stolen codes etc, then they owe us an explanation.

[quote name='thrustbucket']So if perfectly legit deals linked to legit sites are getting removed, is this thread useful?[/QUOTE]

It's useful for when Amazon, Target or Buy.com have points or live cards on sale... so that's something.

I don't know why some legit sites are getting removed. There's one site that's been up since July that people in the Xbox Marketplace forum say is legit, same goes for the Slickdeals forum. But every time it's mentioned here, the posts vanish. Maybe the mods are going with a "better safe than sorry approach"? But it sucks if they're blocking out an actual legitimate site just because it isn't a huge name company.

PSA: Amazon now sells MS Points Code is quantities of 400, which is pretty cool if money is tight or you just need exactly that amount for something.

[quote name='eastx']PSA: Mazon now sells MS Points Code is quantities of 400, which is pretty cool if money is tight or you just need exactly that amount for something.[/QUOTE]

Meant to post this the other day...they now have code options for pretty much every increment of 400. This is really nice, did this for a Pinball Arcade table pack I wanted. Would MUCH rather buy points through Amazon than either buy through the dashboard or have to buy a card for more than I need.

[quote name='eastx']PSA: Amazon now sells MS Points Code is quantities of 400, which is pretty cool if money is tight or you just need exactly that amount for something.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. I first noticed this several months ago. Did it go away and come back?

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm confused. I first noticed this several months ago. Did it go away and come back?[/QUOTE]

I posted this like 2 months ago. Gamestop.com does the same aswell, but they charge tax.

[quote name='Dthib87']bad price. crazygametime has them at 38 and they have thoussands to sell. Also cags sell them for 35 to 40 all the time. If mods are going to edit me id like to know why, ive seen a lot of legit sites censored here lately. im guessing its something personal.[/QUOTE]

It's not just deal posts being removed, but posts asking about the deletions as well. (In fact, I'd be willing to bet this entire conversation will be deleted by morning.) My guess is it's just one mod with a bizarre vendetta against any retailer not mentioned in the OP.
The forums are meant for open discussion, but apparently he/she has a zero tolerance policy towards that, too. If this gets deleted, I'd very much like to know why as well.

That is lame of whoever does that. Stealthy moderation does nobody any good since we can't learn what sort or rules were being violated or why those rules matter.

Amazon does charge taxes on MS Points if they charge tax in your state... Which sadly applies to a growing number of states, including my own.

[quote name='Dthib87']bad price. crazygametime has them at 38 and they have thoussands to sell. Also cags sell them for 35 to 40 all the time. If mods are going to edit me id like to know why, ive seen a lot of legit sites censored here lately. im guessing its something personal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah be careful. Every time that place has been mentioned the post gets deleted without an explanation. Someone should take bring this up to Cheapy.

Mods: If a website we are buying posts from is illegitimate some how, then show us the facts. I don't want to be supporting illegitimate sites. But your stealth censoring is ruining the entire point of CAG.

I've never heard of Crazy Game Time before now but I think I'm going to jump on the 12 month Gold renewal for $38.49. After doing some research, it looks like a legit site to me.

I'm dying for a 12 month deal. My sub runs out in October.

Would I be able to extend my subscription by adding on 1 month cards? I've got a few of those laying around from past game purchases...

[quote name='Killbomb']I've never heard of Crazy Game Time before now but I think I'm going to jump on the 12 month Gold renewal for $38.49. After doing some research, it looks like a legit site to me.[/QUOTE]

Just got a 12th month card from Crazy Game Time. It's a little more effort but the price is well worth the hassle.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm dying for a 12 month deal. My sub runs out in October.

Would I be able to extend my subscription by adding on 1 month cards? I've got a few of those laying around from past game purchases...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you could do that. The only cards that wouldn't count towards extending your subscription would be the 48 hour ones.

Crazygametime? Is this place really trustable? The callback verification seems bogus. How is that supposed to "verify your identity"? Seems like they are harvesting information, including phone numbers. But maybe I'm just paranoid. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Crazygametime? Is this place really trustable? The callback verification seems bogus. How is that supposed to "verify your identity"? Seems like they are harvesting information, including phone numbers. But maybe I'm just paranoid. :)[/QUOTE]

ive bought 3 4000msp cards from them in the past few months. its legit. use your paypal. points come in your email within seconds.

[quote name='Dthib87']ive bought 3 4000msp cards from them in the past few months. its legit. use your paypal. points come in your email within seconds.[/QUOTE]

I bought the 12 month Gold membership from them and got an email instantly with the code. The code didn't work the first time I tried it on Xbox.com but after waiting 5 or 10 minutes, it worked the 2nd time. I did get an uneasy feeling when the code didn't work the first time. One thing I found suspicious was on their homepage, they say they are based out of Missouri but the verification call came from New York. Does it say they are based out of Missouri for everyone else? Hope this doesn't come back to bite any of us in the ass.

bread's done
Back