Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I payed with PayPal...should I expect a phone call, or does it just show up right away in an e-mail? I have gotten a confirmation of the order right away, but that's it.

[quote name='PoleFighter']I payed with PayPal...should I expect a phone call, or does it just show up right away in an e-mail? I have gotten a confirmation of the order right away, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, but in my experience with "these" people it'll take some time for them to e-mail the codes. If they're legitimate they're just opening the packages and hand-jamming the codes in.

Also they say on the website in the FAQ, "All our codes are authorized by our official Microsoft suppliers." WTF is a "Microsoft supplier" and how is that supposed to prove that they are legit? Still I'm tempted by the price. LOL.

[quote name='mrfossey']I'm in the same boat, but in my experience with "these" people it'll take some time for them to e-mail the codes. If they're legitimate they're just opening the packages and hand-jamming the codes in.[/QUOTE]

yeah, anyone who automates such a thing is obviously not legit.:roll:

they are always instant delivery to email.

I just tried do this Crazy Game Time deal, entered the pin. Clicked View cart… says my cart is empty. Nice.

I was trying in Safari. Maybe it doesn't work in that browser. I'll try Firefox.

I bought 4000 points from them a week or so ago. I got the code almost instantly after making my payment. They're totally legit.

[quote name='crunchewy']I just tried do this Crazy Game Time deal, entered the pin. Clicked View cart… says my cart is empty. Nice.

I was trying in Safari. Maybe it doesn't work in that browser. I'll try Firefox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it states it'll work better in FF or IE

[quote name='Geco17']12 month sub at crazygametime is $35.99 with promo code RFdeals[/QUOTE]

I keep getting an error saying the code is expired.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']I keep getting an error saying the code is expired.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Maybe expired yesterday? Someone on their FB page posted it to work about 14 hours ago. The code was also posted on their twitter page.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']I keep getting an error saying the code is expired.[/QUOTE]
I just saw in a thread at slickdeals that apparently the code expired at midnight.

People really need to think this through before they fire off their money to some random site or eBay auction out there that seems legit. Just because a random site or auction from someone that no one has heard of that has apparently good deals on XBL subs and points doesn't mean they're not getting them in non-legal means.

Especially when it's a site that has only been in operation for a couple of months and magically has great deals on XBL subs and points when other sites like GS, Amazon, BB, Walmart and the like only run sales every so often. Why would major retailers only run sales every so often if they're guaranteed to get volume from sales that would possibly offset their loss in profits? Maybe because they're not making points appear from thin air and with zero expense in creating inventory, unlike some other fly-by-nite organizations.

It took Amazon and GS a long while to get electronic point distribution, so why would some random site be able to pull it off in little-to-no time from coming up online? Why would Microsoft offer up that ability to an apparent fly-by-nite organization or small-fry organization that may not be around long-term.

Obviously people are looking for deals, and regardless of how it shows up in their lap for savings, maybe they don't think about it nor care about it. Just because a deal is attractive doesn't mean it's legit. Plenty of situations besides this one where the deal may not be as good as it seems on the surface.

[quote name='shrike4242']People really need to think this through before they fire off their money to some random site or eBay auction out there that seems legit. Just because a random site or auction from someone that no one has heard of that has apparently good deals on XBL subs and points doesn't mean they're not getting them in non-legal means.

Especially when it's a site that has only been in operation for a couple of months and magically has great deals on XBL subs and points when other sites like GS, Amazon, BB, Walmart and the like only run sales every so often. Why would major retailers only run sales every so often if they're guaranteed to get volume from sales that would possibly offset their loss in profits? Maybe because they're not making points appear from thin air and with zero expense in creating inventory, unlike some other fly-by-nite organizations.

It took Amazon and GS a long while to get electronic point distribution, so why would some random site be able to pull it off in little-to-no time from coming up online? Why would Microsoft offer up that ability to an apparent fly-by-nite organization or small-fry organization that may not be around long-term.

Obviously people are looking for deals, and regardless of how it shows up in their lap for savings, maybe they don't think about it nor care about it. Just because a deal is attractive doesn't mean it's legit. Plenty of situations besides this one where the deal may not be as good as it seems on the surface.[/QUOTE]

following your logic you should delete all posts in the trading section selling cheap points. obviously they are also "creating points from thin air"

[quote name='Dthib87']following your logic you should delete all posts in the trading section selling cheap points. obviously they are also "creating points from thin air"[/QUOTE]We do look into the trading forum and remove anyone that has points from questionable sources.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Question for anyone about Live. What happens if I let my membership expire, but then renew a few days later? Would I get my GT back?[/QUOTE]

you dont lose your gamertag you just get downgraded to Silver membership

[quote name='GamerChris']You would never lose your Gamertag. It just goes back to Silver.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='henry00x']you dont lose your gamertag you just get downgraded to Silver membership[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys.

I just can't bring myself to spend more than $35 on a 12 month sub. We used to be able to find them all the time for $30 or less...

[quote name='mtxbass1']We used to be able to find them all the time for $30 or less...[/QUOTE]

The old $30 and $28 Buy.com ebay daily deals were the best. There was a TigerDirect ebay daily deal for $30 this year.

I only bought a couple $7.99 3 month cards at Best Buy last Black Friday. Hope there's a similar deal this year.

Really? Sorry about that, didn't realize. I haven't bought since Sept. 29th last year when I finally bit the bullet and got a code for $59.99 from Amazon. Was surprised/pleased to see this price when I checked this morning.

I let mine expire once but had an expired debit card on it. it tried to charge my expired card and locked me out. I couldn't do anything so I went and bought a prepaid card and it still didn't let me do anything so I had to purchase a 12 month again using a new debit card even tho I had just purchased a prepaid card. ugh!

[quote name='SteveChiller']I let mine expire once but had an expired debit card on it. it tried to charge my expired card and locked me out. I couldn't do anything so I went and bought a prepaid card and it still didn't let me do anything so I had to purchase a 12 month again using a new debit card even tho I had just purchased a prepaid card. ugh![/QUOTE]

Why didn't you contact Microsoft before doing that?

[quote name='SteveChiller']I let mine expire once but had an expired debit card on it. it tried to charge my expired card and locked me out. I couldn't do anything so I went and bought a prepaid card and it still didn't let me do anything so I had to purchase a 12 month again using a new debit card even tho I had just purchased a prepaid card. ugh![/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me last year. If you would've called Microsoft, they would've fixed it up for you without having to buy another 12 months with a new debit card.

[quote name='mtxbass1']That's the regular price at amazon. I've had it in my cart for 2 weeks now and it's fluctuated between 46 and 48.[/QUOTE]

These are by far the best prices that I have found. I don't know much about them but they sold on eBay for a long time I guess. If anyone is familiar, please let me know.

http://www.crazygametime.com/

Thank you in advance for your help.

Update:
Here is the link to the 12 month card.

http://www.crazygametime.com/xbox-360-live-12-months-gold-membership-subscription/

[quote name='myherojack24']These are by far the best prices that I have found. I don't know much about them but they sold on eBay for a long time I guess. If anyone is familiar, please let me know.

http://www.crazygametime.com/

Thank you in advance for your help.

Update:
Here is the link to the 12 month card.

http://www.crazygametime.com/xbox-360-live-12-months-gold-membership-subscription/[/QUOTE]

People mention this site 3-4 pages back. I personally don't trust them and the fact that they have to call you after the sale. It's not worth the risk to save $6 compared to Amazon.

And has been pointed out, it seems somewhat likely their points cards and such are stolen or otherwise illegally obtained. While it's true that retail places sometimes have similar deals, they aren't constant, and those places may have the ability to get cards at a discount, or perhaps they just do it to drive traffic to their website and hopefully pick up other sales. I did buy a 4k points card from them, but then felt pretty leery about it. I'm not doing it again.

[quote name='mtxbass1']People mention this site 3-4 pages back. I personally don't trust them and the fact that they have to call you after the sale. It's not worth the risk to save $6 compared to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I didn't catch the part about them earlier, but in my defense, there are a lot of posts in this thread.

I believe the purpose of the call (they call before the transaction) is to keep people/retailers from buying them in bulk from them and reselling them somewhere else.

That was my theory anyway, maybe I'm just trying to feel better about the whole thing. Anyway, I purchased the code and it was delivered with no problems. I guess the good thing is I dont need one again for a year. :D

Thank you for the reply.

[quote name='myherojack24']I didn't catch the part about them earlier, but in my defense, there are a lot of posts in this thread.

I believe the purpose of the call (they call before the transaction) is to keep people/retailers from buying them in bulk from them and reselling them somewhere else.

That was my theory anyway, maybe I'm just trying to feel better about the whole thing. Anyway, I purchased the code and it was delivered with no problems. I guess the good thing is I dont need one again for a year. :D

Thank you for the reply.[/QUOTE]

A mod will probably take down your post, they don't like that site. It definitely seems like a shady site but they also seem to come through with no problems, so it's really a mixed bag over there. I've never bought from them, I usually just stock up on points when eBay or any local retailer has sales, and I usually try to my Live Gold from the trade thread here, which has some excellent prices at times.

[quote name='tylerh1701']A mod will probably take down your post, they don't like that site. It definitely seems like a shady site but they also seem to come through with no problems, so it's really a mixed bag over there. I've never bought from them, I usually just stock up on points when eBay or any local retailer has sales, and I usually try to my Live Gold from the trade thread here, which has some excellent prices at times.[/QUOTE]

It's my first time buying anything that wasn't directly from Xbox. On the rare occasion that I need points, I've always just bought them on the market place. I spent years not even having a gold membership because the only real advantage long ago was on line gaming which I never do anyway...now with all the apps that they have it's a requirement. I need my Netflix in HD, which I can't get from my free Wii.

Thank you for the info about the mods though. Good to know.

[quote name='adawg555']Same thing happened to me last year. If you would've called Microsoft, they would've fixed it up for you without having to buy another 12 months with a new debit card.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. I did the live chat route though and if you just ask nicely to make an exception they will unlock your account without having to purchase the sub.

bread's done
Back