Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Marauder7']What's the going rate for a 12 month and 1 month now? Found 1 x 12 Month and 12 x 1 month Live Cards while cleaning up my drawer. Is there an experation date?[/QUOTE]

Usually there is not. In my own experience I have been able to redeem a 48-hour trial CARD which displayed an expiration date of 2007 -- years later in 2009.

Input the number into your console where, after verifying, you are given the option of Redeem Now or Cancel.

$35 - $40 for the 12-month card and about $5 or less for each of the 1-months.

That CrazyGameTime site appears to be legit. Just bought a 4000 MS point card for $39.99, got the code within a minute or two, and redeemed it successfully on xbox.com.

Just got back from Target. I'm sure this has made all the rounds by now, but just in case it hasn't, the newspaper from Thanksgiving had the 1600 points listed for $10 instead of the 3 month sub. The sub has a sale ad in store, but the points obviously do not. Possible YMMV, but as long as you have the full ad with you, you should be able to get the price adjustment. Maybe because I had a newbie cashier (and it helped she didn't call the GSA/GSTL), but I had no issue getting my cards for $10.

Confirming this deal. Picked up 3 cards tonight at Target for $10.

They rang up for $10 for me (However the end cap price tag in electronics still said 19.99). This was for the point cards that are identical to the picture in the full add. (Generic white card, green writing, not game specific).

If anyone is still planning on going to Target to get the 1600 point cards, I suggest you try to do the same with 2400 or even 4000 point cards.

Reason is my friend went to a Target to get the 1600 but he grab some 2400 by mistake too. The 1600's were ringing up at full price so when the cashier went to ask a manager walking by he said "All microsoft points are $10". So the cashier marked down all his point cards, even the 2400's, too bad he didn't think to try the 4000's I just smacked him for not doing it.

Of course this would be very YMMV but hey if you plan on going its worth a shot.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']If anyone is still planning on going to Target to get the 1600 point cards, I suggest you try to do the same with 2400 or even 4000 point cards.

Reason is my friend went to a Target to get the 1600 but he grab some 2400 by mistake too. The 1600's were ringing up at full price so when the cashier went to ask a manager walking by he said "All microsoft points are $10". So the cashier marked down all his point cards, even the 2400's, too bad he didn't think to try the 4000's I just smacked him for not doing it.

Of course this would be very YMMV but hey if you plan on going its worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Very YMMV, the Target I went to said only the EXACT design in the ad would be $10

[quote name='Zolor23']Very YMMV, the Target I went to said only the EXACT design in the ad would be $10[/QUOTE]

holy shit if this would work...
are people buying these up? I don't need anything from BF deals, but I might swing by a target in the afternoon to try this out

I was told 3-4 separate times that ONLY the ones in the ad were on sale, and that they were sold out of those (I went around 1am) but I grabbed a handful from the front lanes (the ones with the avatar on the front) and they ring up perfectly at $10. Insist on scanning them if you're getting denied... (I got 6, and yes, people are going crazy, when I told the people in front of me at the electronics line the guy disappeared and came back with 20 cards)

I only tried the 1600 point cards, I misread the story about the 2400 point packs working and thought it was a glitch in the system... crap. Could've saved myself a lot of hassle, oh well. ;)

I was able to price match targets 1600 MSP at walmart easily, walked out with 5 cards and a lady behind me in line asked me why I was getting so many of those cards. I felt like a BOSS

[quote name='Justin42']I was told 3-4 separate times that ONLY the ones in the ad were on sale, and that they were sold out of those (I went around 1am) but I grabbed a handful from the front lanes (the ones with the avatar on the front) and they ring up perfectly at $10. Insist on scanning them if you're getting denied... (I got 6, and yes, people are going crazy, when I told the people in front of me at the electronics line the guy disappeared and came back with 20 cards)

I only tried the 1600 point cards, I misread the story about the 2400 point packs working and thought it was a glitch in the system... crap. Could've saved myself a lot of hassle, oh well. ;)[/QUOTE]

I might go in the morning/afternoon and get some more. Can these be price scanned?

[quote name='Sharkey1337']So these cards are automatically ringing up as $10 in the system? No need to have the cashier override unless with the other type of cards?[/QUOTE]

I guess so, even though when I purchased it, it seems to me that the cashier rung up some barcode she had before ringing my points up. I don't know if that discounted it or if that was some other thing.

[quote name='Zolor23']
I guess so, even though when I purchased it, it seems to me that the cashier rung up some barcode she had before ringing my points up. I don't know if that discounted it or if that was some other thing.[/QUOTE]

Sweet!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']So these cards are automatically ringing up as $10 in the system? No need to have the cashier override unless with the other type of cards?[/QUOTE]

Yep, no problems at all with the price, at least with the 1600 points cards with the avatar on the front that they have in the frontlane (checkout lines)... my cashier didn't do anything special at all, other than scan the UPC and then the activation barcode..

Just FYI I would grab one of their ads on the way in. I had 8 of the exact same design and 5 rang up as full price so they adjusted those for me after I showed her the ad.

Dont know anything about other amounts. If I remember right the ad shows 1600 points specifically. CAG is about great legitimate deals right not ripping off stores?

I wouldn't wander aisles trying to find these I just walked up to a register and grabbed them there.

Anyways my 2 cents.

[quote name='nuromutt']Just FYI I would grab one of their ads on the way in. I had 8 of the exact same design and 5 rang up as full price so they adjusted those for me after I showed her the ad.

Dont know anything about other amounts. If I remember right the ad shows 1600 points specifically. CAG is about great legitimate deals right not ripping off stores?

I wouldn't wander aisles trying to find these I just walked up to a register and grabbed them there.

Anyways my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if the Targets will have the new ad with 3 month gold on it...did that even go anywhere except their website?

RE: 1600 point cards at Target on Black Friday

The reason that some people are getting the deal and others aren't is because some cards are older/newer and didn't update. They look exactly like the other cards that work (with a female avatar in the lower right hand corner), but the sku on the back in the upper right corner is different. (There might be other cards out there, but this is all my location had).

The good barcode reads: 799366723110
The bad barcode reads: 799366774389

Just bought 18 1600 MSP cards at Target in two different styles (the one showed in the ad and the old green and orange style cards with the big 1600) and they all rang up automatically at $10. The ad that they had displayed at the entrance had the 1600 point card listed and no ad correction. And yes I will use all the points myself...

Barcodes that worked 799366723110 and 799366009368

I had no problem PMing 3 cards at Walmart. Just showed the associate the Target ad and he was happy to do so...even said hed get a couple for himself after his shift was over! Also threw in a 1600 MSP with my Forza Horizon order at the MS Store for a grand total of $9.98, so 6400 MSP for just under $40. I am set for a LONG time!

Look for the Avatar point cards in the checkout line that have the predominantly green right edge. Those cards are ringing up at $10. The 4000 point card I brought to checkout was $50.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Wondering if it's worth going out. I thought the limit was one per customer but it looks like you folks are doing pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Went out and got 5 no problem at all. This was at around 7:45-8:00am. Place was pretty empty but YMMV.Might as well try if you're already up. The only ones that rung up at 10 for me though were the green on white ones. There were at least another 10 after i took mine.

Just got six 1600 cards at my Target for $10, totally awesome! There was no line at the register I was at and there were a ton of the cards left. Thanks for the heads up on this deal being alive!

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Wondering if it's worth going out. I thought the limit was one per customer but it looks like you folks are doing pretty well.[/QUOTE]

At least 100 left at the local store here around 8am. Didn't grab any this time, but looked like every lane was still heavily stocked with them.

if any CAGer is heading to Target or has already gone and wouldn't mind getting me 3 extra points cards shoot me a PM and I will paypal you the cost + $5 for your troubles.

I wish I had a Target near me. Living in NYC it's just too much of a hassle to try to get to one. If anyone picks up extras and would like to sell them at $13 each, or trade them for games/blu rays/etc., please PM me. (I would take up to 10.)

Is this deal today only? I doubt I'll be able to make it to a Target today, but I'll be near one tomorrow and would love to join in on this.

just came back from my local target. they only had new cards that rang up for 20 bucks. none of the old style cards.
if anyone is willing to sell 2 or 3 cards, id like to buy them

oh no. Missed out on the legendary Plus goof and now this. Can't get there to check. I'd also be up for some + some extra $ for your trouble if you have spares.

Also is there any way to check online for store stock?

[quote name='PhQTwo']Just bought 18 1600 MSP cards at Target in two different styles (the one showed in the ad and the old green and orange style cards with the big 1600) and they all rang up automatically at $10. The ad that they had displayed at the entrance had the 1600 point card listed and no ad correction. And yes I will use all the points myself...

Barcodes that worked 799366723110 and 799366009368[/QUOTE]

Also working: 799366815167

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Convinced the wife that she does want to run to target to get a red sweater for todays UofA game, hopefully there are still a few point cards left.[/QUOTE]

Which one did you go to?

Would anyone be willing to sell any of the msp cards they
purchased? My nearest target is 2 hours away and Walmart wouldn't price match because "the store is not close enough"

Called my mom and she happened to be at Target. Asked her to pick me up some, and she got the last 3 there (not counting other bar codes).

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Just got six 1600 cards at my Target for $10, totally awesome! There was no line at the register I was at and there were a ton of the cards left. Thanks for the heads up on this deal being alive![/QUOTE]

Am I reading this wrong? Are you saying all 6 totaled at 10? I know its nuts but if thats the case I'll head out for sure haha

[quote name='CXK']Am I reading this wrong? Are you saying all 6 totaled at 10? I know its nuts but if thats the case I'll head out for sure haha[/QUOTE]
6 cards at 10 each

[quote name='CXK']Am I reading this wrong? Are you saying all 6 totaled at 10? I know its nuts but if thats the case I'll head out for sure haha[/QUOTE]

They're $10 each.

bread's done
Back