Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Target sold out in the gaming area last night almost instantly. I didn't think to check the checkout lanes (and couldn't really anyway with the way they were sending us to specific ones after the hour-long line). Will check today and if I can't find any, will try my luck PMing at Wal-mart.

Target was completely sold out of cards, figured I'd try Walmart one more time. Cards still didn't work but the intrepid clerk suggested we try some other cards and low and behold they rang up! After getting the clearance from the manger and her manager they sold me all 10 cards I wanted. Turned out the cards I had picked up were invalid and that's why they couldn't sell them to me. I wish I had thought to try some other cards in the first place! Oh well, I got what I wanted in the end. Now I have to try to convince myself not to go back for more...

[quote name='akathatoneguy']My Target sold out in the gaming area last night almost instantly. I didn't think to check the checkout lanes (and couldn't really anyway with the way they were sending us to specific ones after the hour-long line).[/QUOTE]
The Target I just came back from was sold out in the gaming area, but I found some in the checkout lanes. Definitely worth a look.

Picked up 5 cards. There were about 30 left. Coulda gotten more, but 8000 points is going to last me a long time, considering i only buy arcade games at a 400 or below sale price the majority of the time.

They rang up as $20 at Target but I showed the ad and after a couple minutes of consulting with the supervisor they changed the price. Got two because I already took advantage of the Bing Challenge thing, plus they did not have a lot left.

The Target at Mall 205 in Portland, OR had plenty of cards with the UPC 79936672311. I picked up 20 of them. There should be more but they only have them at the cash registers.

Couldn't resist trying 1600 points for $10 tried every UPC variation my store had and no luck. One hanger was empty though, bet those were $10.

Florence Ky place is slammed.

[quote name='$hady']Couldn't resist trying 1600 points for $10 tried every UPC variation my store had and no luck. One hanger was empty though, bet those were $10.

Florence Ky place is slammed.[/QUOTE]

That is where my wife just bought a bunch a few hours ago. She said there were a lot left in the check out lanes. They wouldn't price adjust for you?

[quote name='lilman']The Target I just came back from was sold out in the gaming area, but I found some in the checkout lanes. Definitely worth a look.[/QUOTE]

Mine was the other way around, the checkout lanes were empty but the game section had a few only the older ones that are green and orange with the avatar.

No dice at my local store. Found 5 with a confirmed working UPC, but they rang up at 20 dollars and the manager wouldn't do an override because she said it was a "doorbuster" and those expire at noon.

My target fucking sucks

[quote name='Spokker']They rang up as $20 at Target but I showed the ad and after a couple minutes of consulting with the supervisor they changed the price. Got two because I already took advantage of the Bing Challenge thing, plus they did not have a lot left.[/QUOTE]

Bing Challenge? I get the feeling I missed something good. I've been saving my credits for months for a diacounted offer.

I just bought 5 more at the Target in Hackensack NJ. I have to stop myself from buying more or else I'm gonna go broke lol.

Btw this time I went they rung up $10 right away, no override needed!

Went back in after reading this and having no success. Saw the one in the ads on the shelf. I grabbed the 12 I saw in gaming, because I had a 5% off pharmacy coupon that I used with my target debit card to get 10% off total. So happy. Gonna buy L4D2 and the first Sonic racing title.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']I just bought 5 more at the Target in Hackensack NJ. I have to stop myself from buying more or else I'm gonna go broke lol.

Btw this time I went they rung up $10 right away, no override needed![/QUOTE]

Nice, I'm about a half hour away from that one. Might run by the one over in Rockaway first then head down if I cant find anything. Only need a couple and Ive been getting lucky with deals while shopping late today.

Thanks for the heads up!

I bought 8 of them earlier and I just checked my bag and Target gave me a coupon for $10 off a $100 purchase. Thinking of going back and just picking up 10 more.

Target in Clay, NY had plenty that were overlooked up front, not on the 1st registers but on the ones closer to the door. None with the right code but they price reduced them no problem. Bought 10. May go back for more.

This morning I went to my local target in warrington, pa and they would only sell the ones in the picture from the ad for $10. I got 4 there. Later I stopped in the one in montgomerville, pa and they only had the regular ones near the ceckout line and those rang up for $10 without override. I guess its store by store. In total I got 10. Great day.

Bought 5 for myself about an hour and a half ago at my Target. They scanned at the ten dollar price and I figure those will last me a long time. Wouldn't have tried to go if I hadn't read this thread. Thanks everyone!

Heck of a black friday for me, went to 2 targets and both were completely out of 1600 cards. Went to 3 Walmarts to try and get the price matched. 2 of them turned me away with various excuses. 3 one was the charm. Picked up 7

I was able to get FIVE at my TARGET. The cashier did a manual override. I just said "you ad said these are $10". She didn't even look and just changed. Now, she was either cool and trusted me OR already processed the same transaction. The people in the gaming section were useless...telling me that these points were different than the ones in the ad.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']That is where my wife just bought a bunch a few hours ago. She said there were a lot left in the check out lanes. They wouldn't price adjust for you?[/QUOTE]

Didn't think to look at the registers and was in a rush to take the GF her dinner at work so didn't try to fight for a adjustment. Glad I saw the post now i'll head back on my way home and look up front and show them the ad.

I just self scanned the 4 variations in electronics: 2 white with avatar, gears and mw3 IIRC.

At my Target the entire electronics section was out of 1600 Point cards and 3 Month XBL Subscription cards. However, there were probably close to 100 1600 point cards up front next to all the registers. HOWEVER, all of the 1600 point cards appeared to be the same (1600 in big writing in middle with small female avatar on bottom right) and multiple attempts at different cards rang up as $19.99.

The cashier, who was nice and on her 4th day, pulled out the ad and saw that it showed $10. She called over her manager of cashiers, who said the ad was for regular Xbox and not Xbox LIVE. I told them there is no more regular Xbox and they are the same item and they both laughed embarrassed. Then she got on her headset, and contacted her manager. I could hear him say that only the specific design in the ad is available for $10 and that Microsoft shipped those specific cards for the deal and they are sold out now. Obviously, that could be true and makes sense, but from what I am reading on here, I don't believe it. Anyways, wasn't worth putting up a fight and wasting more of my time since the bar/alcohol is more important than Xbox Live cards to save a couple bucks.

I wonder if Target is catching on about this pricing error? Because all 20 of mine had the same UPC and the female avatar in the lower right corner. I believe I got all these around 11am PST.

the target in Woburn, MA had hundreds of cards left. There were about 20 in the electronics department and each check out lane had about 30-50. they will all ring up at $20, but if you tell them to check the ad, then they will adjust the price (or send you to customer service who will adjust the price as well).

[quote name='Cephiros']I wonder if Target is catching on about this pricing error? Because all 20 of mine had the same UPC and the female avatar in the lower right corner. I believe I got all these around 11am PST.[/QUOTE]

Price error?

[quote name='lordrex217']the target in Woburn, MA had hundreds of cards left. There were about 20 in the electronics department and each check out lane had about 30-50. they will all ring up at $20, but if you tell them to check the ad, then they will adjust the price (or send you to customer service who will adjust the price as well).[/QUOTE]

Tried this, but they just told me that only certain cards were $10 and they sold out of those. They tried selling me 3 Months of Gold for $10, claiming it was their replacement, but I wasn't having that so just said forget it and left.

EDIT: Tried at the games section, the front registers, and the CS desk. Even had the ad each time. Strangest part was that I was there two hours earlier and they did a manual price override no problem on the two I bought. Just wanted to stop home, grab some lunch, and pick up my gift card before going to pick up three more later.

[quote name='nnthomas']Price error?[/QUOTE]
They keep trying to say it was an error and that the 3 month cards were supposed to be shown instead... but they haven't really issued a price correction.

Hey, the Wal-Mart in Lincolnton, NC did a price match for me on 10 1600 point cards. I had to get them to do the cards in transactions of 5 at a time, but it went through without a hitch. I just showed the guy at the counter the Target ad, no problems. If anyone is actually in that area (I'm on vacation, actually), there were at least 30 cards still in stock when I left.

Also, when I went to the closest Target (Hickory, NC), the 5 cards left rang up as $10 at the counter without me even needing to show the ad or do any price change. The cards I got were the exact look as in the ad itself.

I stopped at the Marlborough, MA Target on my way home from work.

Checked out the electronics department and it was ravished. Headed back towards the front checkouts, and like other posters have said, there were a good 100-150 left, spread across the checkout lanes. Ii dug around and finally found a copy of the ad in case I needed it.

Fortunately, the four that I picked out (all the old style with the female avatar in the bottom right) all rang out at $10 apiece. Couldn't have been easier!

Managed to get some at Target. Definitely a door buster sale. It's dead now. Manager did an override for me, though, because I called beforehand to ask price and was told incorrectly that it was $10.

Walked into Walmart with a physical Ad, found the identical looking cards at the gift card stand And they price matched at customer service with no hassle, was in and out in 10 minutes

[quote name='akilshohen']They keep trying to say it was an error and that the 3 month cards were supposed to be shown instead... but they haven't really issued a price correction.[/QUOTE]

It is an error. Target.com has the BF ad and the 1600 point card has been replaced with the 3 mo Live card as of yesterday. Plus there was a pic somewhere around here where the ad correction was printed in the paper.

Edit: Found it under Cheapy's BF sticky thread http://i.imgur.com/r7Qba.jpg

I have a feeling they forgot to change the price in their POS system and couldn't change it back until someone came back in to work today from corporate (assuming their POS is a global system and not updated on the store level) so that is why they are starting to ring up at $19.99 now. Or corporate got out a memo today to the stores to change it in their POS, or corporate sent it out earlier in the week and some stores saw it and changed it back and some stores didn't. Who knows.

I grabbed a couple from Target. The ones I purchased rang up for $19.99, but the cashier price-checked them to $10 apiece. He said the new ones were the only ones that were ringing up at the $10 price, the older ones were still the normal price. Mine had a girl avatar in the bottom corner, not sure if other cashiers will do this, so if those are the only cards still available it's YMMV.

[quote name='PhQTwo']It is an error. Target.com has the BF ad and the 1600 point card has been replaced with the 3 mo Live card as of yesterday. Plus there was a pic somewhere around here where the ad correction was printed in the paper.

Edit: Found it under Cheapy's BF sticky thread http://i.imgur.com/r7Qba.jpg[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but instore the ad shows the 1600 pts right up front and it was a list of corrections upfront that didn't include the cards at the one I was at. They also rung up at $10 when I tried. They just got away with saying it's the one in the pic, those were rare.

[quote name='akilshohen']Yeah, but instore the ad shows the 1600 pts right up front and it was a list of corrections upfront that didn't include the cards at the one I was at. They also rung up at $10 when I tried. They just got away with saying it's the one in the pic, those were rare.[/QUOTE]

Agreed (see my updated post), if they made the mistake of posting the incorrect ad and did not post an ad correction in the store then they would have to match the price. But they would only have to match the style of cards that are displayed in the ads.

[quote name='akilshohen']Yeah, but instore the ad shows the 1600 pts right up front and it was a list of corrections upfront that didn't include the cards at the one I was at. They also rung up at $10 when I tried. They just got away with saying it's the one in the pic, those were rare.[/QUOTE]

My local Wal Mart had the exact ones in the pic so the cashier priced matched it since i had the target ad with me. That was a lucky break, she tried 3x finally had to just ring up 5 at once so she just did 2 transactions for me. The manager had to come over and void the first 2x she tried since she rang them all up at once but patience paid off finally.

Went back to Target and was denied yet again. The manager specifically told me that the 1600 points had to be the card that was displayed there and of course, all that was left were the older ones.

However, I managed to PM the ad at Wal-Mart and got myself 3 of them.

Got 5 at Super Target in Wesley Chapel, FL. Had no issues, plenty left. Girl who checked me out knew of issue with not ringing up and she adjusted price

Just picked up 7 of the old style cards at the southcenter target in seattle. Electronics was worthless but the cs guy directing traffic at the registers was all about the price match. Probably about 50-100 or so left in the check out lanes.

Between my brother, his buddy and myself, we scored 20 at Walmart. It was a pain though. Some of the cards they had would not ring up at all. The SKU must not have been right in their system. Finally found some that worked. Totally worth the hassle though.

Anyone got a copy of the original ad so I can price match at the PX? They take your word on it if it's less than a $10 adjustment but I would like to have the original ad or a picture of the Xbox Point section in case I get dirty looks for a $9.99 adjustment. Tried Target.com but they changed the ad.

[quote name='crazy913']Just picked up 7 of the old style cards at the southcenter target in seattle. Electronics was worthless but the cs guy directing traffic at the registers was all about the price match. Probably about 50-100 or so left in the check out lanes.[/QUOTE]

I went their at 3 am last night and had no worries at all...thinking of going back to this one and grabbing more though...I've already spent a bit of my MS points already from stuff I've been waiting to get. We'll see though. Did they give you much hassle?

Got to a Target with tons of new and old styles and they all rang up $20. I didn't have an ad to pm.They pulled the regular ad. :(

Picked up 5 at walmart for 50.00 total. pm'd them without too much hassle, cashier had to go over to talk to a manager twice, the first time he said he couldn't sell it until 9 tonight because that's the time on the ad next to the games. i said that i got it in the mail yesterday and that time was for thanksgiving. he then went back to the manager and returned and to ring them all up no problem.

bread's done
Back