Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhQTwo']Agreed (see my updated post), if they made the mistake of posting the incorrect ad and did not post an ad correction in the store then they would have to match the price. But they would only have to match the style of cards that are displayed in the ads.[/QUOTE]
I had to go twice, the first time I was denied and was told that it was the 3 month cards, but aside from the employee telling me there was no way to know. They should probably just stick to the ad now anyways.

Tried to get in on this deal, but may have tried too late in the day. Just finished trying it out at about 6PM central time and the cards all rang up at $19.99.

When I tried to have them do adjustment with ad, they said that it was a doorbuster deal until 4PM, but I was still free to buy whatever I liked for full price.

I bought 2 of these cards last night. I could have gotten more but I already have points on my account and I don't need no more than that. I don't really buy anything on XBL outside of avatar outfits, which I really have cut back on that also.

[quote name='RobnessMonster']Tried to get in on this deal, but may have tried too late in the day. Just finished trying it out at about 6PM central time and the cards all rang up at $19.99.

When I tried to have them do adjustment with ad, they said that it was a doorbuster deal until 4PM, but I was still free to buy whatever I liked for full price.[/QUOTE]

lol, how nice of them to make you such a generous offer...

I assumed this was a legit sale, lol. It scanned for the right price and I just handed her my stack like usual.

Good to know I got a Black Friday Steal.

edit: I should mention I bought mine around noon so people dont get excited.

[quote name='41down']lol, how nice of them to make you such a generous offer...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, right? Just to clarify though, I think what they meant is that they would do me a solid and "allow" me to purchase the cards in bulk (I had 25 total to be split between my brother and I). Needless to say, I walked out of there empty-handed and am now considering going to another Target before closing. To be honest, after the hassle I just went through, I'm not too sure about going just to waste my time again. ::sigh::

[quote name='Mikeatris']I bought 2 of these cards last night. I could have gotten more but I already have points on my account and I don't need no more than that. I don't really buy anything on XBL outside of avatar outfits, which I really have cut back on that also.[/QUOTE]

Yes you do need to cut back on that.... Just stop it.... Cuz its crazy.

[quote name='PhQTwo']It is an error. Target.com has the BF ad and the 1600 point card has been replaced with the 3 mo Live card as of yesterday. Plus there was a pic somewhere around here where the ad correction was printed in the paper.

Edit: Found it under Cheapy's BF sticky thread http://i.imgur.com/r7Qba.jpg

I have a feeling they forgot to change the price in their POS system and couldn't change it back until someone came back in to work today from corporate (assuming their POS is a global system and not updated on the store level) so that is why they are starting to ring up at $19.99 now. Or corporate got out a memo today to the stores to change it in their POS, or corporate sent it out earlier in the week and some stores saw it and changed it back and some stores didn't. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

My thinking was it was removed from the ad initially to avoid PMing opportunities and people would have to come in to pick it up, but then it was in the print ad so who knows. It was definitely a great deal.

[quote name='D0RC']Hi I was wondering whats the point limit that can be added to an account? I think I read that somewhere. TIA.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt add to much man. They dont ever expire and like what if you lose your account or get hacked. Those prolly wont happen, but xbox rewards some times runs deals on points back on x amount activated.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Yes you do need to cut back on that.... Just stop it.... Cuz its crazy.[/QUOTE]IKR. And all I ever buy is the sports stuff for my Bucs, Spurs, Red Raiders and Braves. I will just leave the points on there. I could have gotten more but 2 was more than enough for me. I don't go crazy over deals like that no more, totally useless.

[quote name='D0RC']Hi I was wondering whats the point limit that can be added to an account? I think I read that somewhere. TIA.[/QUOTE]

8000 per day is the only limit I have ever hit. Have personally loaded 120K on my account over 16 days, back in 2010, with no issues. Never heard of a account limit.

[quote name='Skull One']8000 per day is the only limit I have ever hit. Have personally loaded 120K on my account over 16 days, back in 2010, with no issues. Never heard of a account limit.[/QUOTE]And may I ask what you did with that many points? The most I have ever had was like 5000.

Went in at 1pm and was told the deal ended at 11am. Then My cousin went in and another guy said it ended at 10am. He went to CS and after a few minutes the manager let him have 2 cards, but they said corporate sent a message that the cards are supposed to be $20. This was at a Target in Queens.

[quote name='Mikeatris']And may I ask what you did with that many points? The most I have ever had was like 5000.[/QUOTE]

Spent them on XBLA and DLC of course. And the 40 cards I picked up today should get me thru another year, possibly 18 months if I am lucky.

[quote name='OregonDealz']I wouldnt add to much man. They dont ever expire and like what if you lose your account or get hacked. Those prolly wont happen, but xbox rewards some times runs deals on points back on x amount activated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='Skull One']8000 per day is the only limit I have ever hit. Have personally loaded 120K on my account over 16 days, back in 2010, with no issues. Never heard of a account limit.[/QUOTE]
That's probably what I read, the adding points per day limit.

Went to the waterford lakes target in Orlando, Fl and they were out of cards in electronice BUT they had a TON at the registers..i picked up 10 of them no problem...the couple of registers i walked by had fully stocked rows of them so if you are looking for some then u shouldn't have a problem.. I might go back and pick up some more 2morr..

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']Went to the waterford lakes target in Orlando, Fl and they were out of cards in electronice BUT they had a TON at the registers..i picked up 10 of them no problem...the couple of registers i walked by had fully stocked rows of them so if you are looking for some then u shouldn't have a problem.. I might go back and pick up some more 2morr..[/QUOTE]

Just wondering what time you went in? I was hoping for things to be as smooth as you described, but got blocked. Did the cards actually ring up at $9.99 or did you have to get an adjustment?

Grabbed some 1600 point cards today at target they had hundreds at the register area. Rang up $10, used my redcard and got each card for $9.50 no tax.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I went and picked up a few and was denided because I got some bullshit excuse that the 1600 msp cards were doorbuster sale and ended at 4 pm. fuck target!!![/QUOTE]

x2

I'm starting to think Target may have gotten some directive from corporate to feed this line to people who come in asking for the deal. :bomb:

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']Went to the waterford lakes target in Orlando, Fl and they were out of cards in electronice BUT they had a TON at the registers..i picked up 10 of them no problem...the couple of registers i walked by had fully stocked rows of them so if you are looking for some then u shouldn't have a problem.. I might go back and pick up some more 2morr..[/QUOTE]

What time did you go? I haven't seen any posts indicating they rang up at $10 after about noon.

As of about 5pm all varieties I tried were $20 in the system.

I picked up 6 around noon. No cards in the electronics area but there were some at the cash register checkout. I only need 1, so there are extra available in my tradelist if anybody didn't get the offer to work. Don't laugh, but I am mostly looking for the $10 Sunbeam waffle maker at walmart.

I just got back from Target and got the 1600 point cards, which they had a ton by the register, for the sale price. The lady tried arguing that the picture in the ad for the door busters was different, but I kept saying that it says 1600 points so what's the actual difference? Finally she gave in and adjusted it for me lol.

[quote name='Crazydom']I just got back from Target and got the 1600 point cards, which they had a ton by the register, for the sale price. The lady tried arguing that the picture in the ad for the door busters was different, but I kept saying that it says 1600 points so what's the actual difference? Finally she gave in and adjusted it for me lol.[/QUOTE]

exact same thing for me, but i did get 4

Man you guys seem to be having ALOT of issues, I did at walmart when i tryed to PM the target ad (but they said no date = no pm) im like its a damn black friday ad! are you kidding me! Then I went to target, they had a ton of them, had one of the old ad's right next to them on the counter at the electronics register,
So when they rang it up at 20, i pointed it out in the ad, at 10, and i walked out with 11 of them at 10 bucks each, this was at 7:52 pm EST, they just assumed it was a problem with it ringing up.

I was able to get a few at Target. for some reason I was charged tax. Kmart, TRU, and I'm pretty sure Best Buy never charged tax on points/live/psn cards. I know Gamestops do. This is in NY btw.

Went to Target was told management had pulled the deal and no longer will honor it. Went next door to Wal-Mart with the add and got priced matched no problem, he checked the dates on the add it said good 22-24 and he said alright and rang them up. Walked out with 6. Try using the dates on the adds if you have any problems.

I went to Target around 830 pm est. They had only a bunch of the Avatar ones. Electronics section lady knew already that they were ringing up $19.99. Went to customer service and she argued that they were a door buster. I told her no where in the ad is there a time frame and it just says quantities limited. Then she tells me only the one in the picture in the ad of the controller cards are on sale.

She got her binder out with her black and white ad and typed some stuff in the system and claimed that the ones in the system that are on sale were originally $24.99 and not $19.99 like the ones I had in my hand. I told her 1600 points is $20 and there is no such thing as $24.99 for 1600 points card. But she wouldn't listen and I got shut down. I should have taken them them to the regular checkout to someone that had no clue what the deal was about. But they might have called the manager over anyway.

I wonder how much money Target has lost on these. Typically cards like this only bring in a small profit like maybe 3-5%, so that would mean that they are losing close to $9 per card.

I went in around 8:30 PM at the Target in Garner NC (White Oak) and went to the electronics dept and every 1600 card rang up $19.99 and on the shelf they had signs saying $10.00 3 month but they were sold out so I figured I would get the last 5 1600 cards that looked the same in the ad and went up front and of course they rang up $19.99 and I told her they were $10.00 and showed the ad & manager came over looked at the ad and shrugged her shoulders and said okay put in $10.00. Easy as pie, gone in 10 minutes. So, I got the ones that were in the ad and not with the girl avatar on the card.

Is the girl avatar the new cards or the old cards?

I have close to $1000 in Microsoft points! :eek:
Don't worry, I left about 40 cards for the next people. I went really late to target at noon today after being told last night by the electronic people that they sold out.

I ran across the "1600 point cards are ringing up at $19.99" issue as well. The Target I normally go to was picked clean of 1600 points cards save maybe a dozen up at the front registers.

Had a manager check on them and they were coming up as $19.99, though she had no idea why they were not coming up as $10.

Apparently, the "old style" cards were $19.99 and coming up as discontinued, though the "new style" (Windows 8-type design, all white with green lettering) were $10. Different SKU # for each type of card, as well.

They pulled all of the "old-style" cards and let me get two of them at $10 each.

Went to the Target in South Austin with the video game stuff to the right and they would only do the cards which looked exactly like those in the ad which they no longer had. Then I went to the other Target and they guy manually price switched 20 of them for me to $9.99 after checking with somebody.

Success is sweet my friends.

Got 6 cards today at Walmart for $60. Got the Halo 4 Map Pass and the Battlefield 3 Premium pass, with many points leftover. Great day!

Glad I got more today before Target caught on. And selfishly, I'm also kind of glad to hear they aren't ringing up for $10 anymore, since I've been tempted to get even more all day, even though I won't go through what I've got for a very long time. It's just hard not to stockpile at that price.

You guys can always use the price checker to see what cards ring up for $10 or not. just make sure you scan the small barcode on top not the big bottom one.

Scored 14 of these. Wasn't planning on heading out to the store, but figured I'd give it a shot after work.

First got denied at the East Greenbush, NY store, got the "must have been a doorbuster that ended at 4pm line". Then took a chance at the Latham, NY store and the clerk there in electronics, Ethan, who is awesome, price matched the ad he had without a second thought. He had to change the price on each individually, so if you're out there and see this, thanks!

Thanks you guys, picked up 6 cards for $60 and my buddy got the same deal at about 8 PM at a Memphis Target. All of the ones at the registers were gone but we were able to get them to manually change the price to $10 a piece on the ones by electronics. The people by electronics said no, the people up front said yes.

Had success getting Wal-Mart to price match. No problems at all, they looked and matched. Worked great. Got 5 cards total and with my gift card I had only ended up coming out to about $25 for $100 worth of MS points.

Over the past two years I have spent about an average of $110 on XBLA games and DLC total, so I probably could have grabbed one more to be safe/have a bit extra, but still mostly pleased with how this turned out. Easily, to me, the greatest Black Friday deal and perhaps the deal of the year. Though that Target Mobile thing was pretty insane.

Yeah, the Target I work at had the same issue. If I'm not mistaken, I think Target meant for the 3 Month cards to be $10 but the ad showed the 1600 point cards on accident. We still honored them until they sold out though.

bread's done
Back