OFFICIAL MSRP Vita Price reduced to $199.99

Twitter

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you guys check GS especially if you have credit for those IGC Vita Bundles. I'll probably trade in my Vita for one with a 4GB I have to upgrade it to that bundle.

Am I the only one who wants one for remote play?

Playing ps4 games while on the shitter?

Bueller? Bueller?
I am also looking forward to this. Having a son and a wife, be nice if he or wants to watch something in the living room and i can still play my PS4.

It looks alright but most people are probably never going to use the 3g. And Walking Dead is great but can be had for cheap on psn for ps3 during sales as well as everywhere else.

Saw this on SD but the best bundle to date for your dollar:

http://store.sony.com/p/PS-Vita-PlayStation-Plus-Instant-Game-Collection-Bundle/en/p/PSV22168

New Sony PSV 3G/WiFi + 1 year PS+ and 4GB Memory Card and voucher for Unit 13 = $199.99 plus free shipping
Naww...I got the white Assassin's Creed + PS All Stars + Gravity Rush + Uncharted + 1 month ps+ bundle for $170, which was far and away the best vita deal ever. So if you can wait until black friday week again, you may be able to score a similar deal this year as well.

Their definition of "significant" differs from mine. :whistle2:(
Exactly. Another $100 price drop(to take it to $100) and I might consider a Vita. But $200 is a tad steep for me, especially considering how few games I'd probably play on it.

Borrowed a Vita from a friend to play Virtue's Last Reward, only game I needed to play. I do want to check out Soul Sacrifice and Gravity Rush though.
I totally agree. I honestly think it is the best handheld experience I've ever had even though I've put hundreds more hours into other games such as Pokemon. This one game makes the purchase of a 3ds or vita worth it. I actually have both versions of this game and have played it twice because I love it so much. : )

Those memory card prices are still terrible. I was looking forward to possibly picking up a Vita soon, but not with prices still like that.

The 32GB version at 50 bucks would be severely pushing it. I don't necessarily expect USB stick prices, but the price it has been lowered to is a complete joke.

Exactly. Another $100 price drop(to take it to $100) and I might consider a Vita. But $200 is a tad steep for me, especially considering how few games I'd probably play on it.
I love it when people make comments like that. It's a nice way of saying you'll probably never buy the system. It's probably not going to reach that price until it's near or at the end of lifespan, in which case, I'm guessing you'll probably no longer be interested by that point, because the next generation handheld will be around the around the corner, and the cycle will start over again.

I love it when people make comments like that. It's a nice way of saying you'll probably never buy the system. It's probably not going to reach that price until it's near or at the end of lifespan, in which case, I'm guessing you'll probably no longer be interested by that point, because the next generation handheld will be around the around the corner, and the cycle will start over again.
That's exactly when I bought a PSP. By the time I buy one the games should be stupid cheap for it.

In that case, sorry. I take back what I said.

With that being, it was more of a general rant at people I see in comment sections and message boards who make those sort of comments.

I don't blame you. I know when it first released Best Buy had their gaming reps walking around with their display units around their necks like a sort of high tech Flava Flav showing the Vitas capabilities to customers. It is quite the machine with the touch screen(s) and all that. But as has been proven by my PSP I bought late in it's life cycle I am definitely not a portable gaming person. I think I've put maybe 40-50 hours on it since I got it and most of that was while I was laid up with a case of gout a while ago.

The gamestop down the street has the instant game collection bundle, but their store computer lists it at $299, while their website shows $199.  Any way to get them to match their own site?

The gamestop down the street has the instant game collection bundle, but their store computer lists it at $299, while their website shows $199. Any way to get them to match their own site?
if you're really interested and patient, buy it now. You have 30 days to return it if it's unopened. If the price drops, then return/rebuy.

this makes the 3ds look even more overpriced than i think it already is imo. the vita is an amazing handheld with great games and more comming. cant wait to play dragons crown on the go !

this makes the 3ds look even more overpriced than i think it already is imo. the vita is an amazing handheld with great games and more comming. cant wait to play dragons crown on the go !
1) 3DS has a ton of high quality games compared to the Vita

2) It goes on sale every other week

3) It doesn't have overpriced memory cards. $80 for 32GB Vita vs $20 32GB 3DS

1) 3DS has a ton of high quality games compared to the Vita

2) It goes on sale every other week

3) It doesn't have overpriced memory cards. $80 for 32GB Vita vs $20 32GB 3DS
1) Has nothing to do with the systems cost.

2) The Vita is no stranger to sales either.

3) It also doesn't have anywhere near the same "need" as the PlayStation Vita. If you got Plus, then you pretty much need 8 gb to get your moneys worth and that can be a slippery slope. On the other hand, the eShop has a lot of dated practices, dated online and with the exception of Animal Crossing and maybe Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate... I couldn't see myself purchasing anything from it.

Don't get mad at Autosaver, it is the other guy who brought up 3DS in order to make himself feel better about his purchase of a powerful handheld indie machine.  If you guys are happy with paying $5 for Fruit Ninja and $10 for its add-on to play on the amazingly powerful beyond everything we've seen  Vita, more power to you... 3DS users are perfectly happy looking forward to playing pokemon x/y in october.

The gamestop down the street has the instant game collection bundle, but their store computer lists it at $299, while their website shows $199. Any way to get them to match their own site?
can`t u purchase it online & get it in the store for p/u?

Sony should've launched them with a subsidized option $100 down, $10-$25 per month for 6-24 months depending on what game/mem card/PS+ bundle was selected. At that price from launch they would've had quite a sales spike.

first time posting a deal so let me know if i missed something. walmart has the ps plus one year bundle that was on sonys store at 199

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-Vita-Instant-Game-Collection-Bundle-w-Bonus-Media-Stand-Kit/23807352

has unit 13 game, 1 year ps plus, free media kit bonus, 3g version
Thanks for posting this link! I canceled my walking dead vita from amazon and got this with free shipping. The total was 217.50 because of tax. Excellent deal though for the 3g and I think it might be better than some if not all of the Black Friday deals this year since the PS+ membership is easily worth the 50 dollars it retails for in stores.

Mikami - thanks for posting the Wal-Mart link.  Said to myself all along that if I could get a Vita, PS+, and a 32 GB card for

What do you think the price of a 3DS should be then?
Not sure. As I said, I'm not much of a handheld gamer. But I've had at least a couple shots at getting 3DS systems for $100 on clearance. That's about my buy price for a handheld really.

Memory card still kills it. $70 is still too much.
Memory card price bitching is funny stuff. You buy one 32gb card and can have tons of games on it, well worth the price (got my card from Sony directly for ~$50 when they had that deal a while ago). I have 81 games on my 32gb card (with ~4gb still available), a mixture of Vita full-sized games, smaller Vita games, PSP games of all sizes including over 1gb, PSP Minis, and PS Mobile games. If the memory card is the big sticking point on just buying the system, then you really don't want one to begin with, and should probably just skip it. Stick with the 3DS, where you can just use generic memory cards and the games are all quite small to begin with; you get what you pay for!

So is the PS Vita bundle with the instant game collection and the free one year of PS+, is the PS+ membership on a separate card, like you buy in stores, or is it pre loaded onto the Vita. The reason I ask is because I already have a PS+ membership and just activated it last week, so I was seeing if it would either stack on top or if I could hold onto the code and put it on my new PS4 when it comes out? Anyone know the answer to this or has anyone bought the bundle to see how it is packaged, also something to think about is the PS+ version bundled in exclusively to the Vita or will it let you use the PS+ benefits on your PS3 and PS4.

Heads up: Gamestop has lowered the price of the Instant game Collection Bundle to $199.99 

includes a 4GB memory card, a year of PS Plus, Unit 13, and a wifi/3g vita.  :D

Has anyone been able to find The Walking Dead Bundle in stores? None seem to be available in the LA area for me

I ordered one of these Walmart Vita bundles, planning to keep it sealed for the next 90 days and return it if a better deal came along.  But upon closer look, their return policy is only 15 days for video game hardware.  I cancelled as there likely will be a better deal in the next few months.

Looks like the Walmart bundle sold out.
Yep.

I had to reset my Wal-Mart password, as it has been ages since i used their website, and by the time I did, it was out of stock.

fuck.

My fault, though. I should have checked this thread a lot sooner than I did.

I bit the bullet and used a GS Coupon to get a 16GB memory card for $24.99 after the coupon.  Picked it up with Splinter Cell

I ordered one of these Walmart Vita bundles, planning to keep it sealed for the next 90 days and return it if a better deal came along. But upon closer look, their return policy is only 15 days for video game hardware. I cancelled as there likely will be a better deal in the next few months.
I seriously doubt that, but your call.

How so? Everyone on this site isn't interested in flipping and turning cash into credit to score "deals". Like I've been here since like 09 and I've never once had over $100 dollars in GS credit at one time and most of this credit was thanks to the Sony Houseparty promotion. At this moment I have zero, since I rather have $15 dollars, than $20 dollars in credit.

---

On topic

I saw a IGC Vita with a $199 sticker at GS, so keep an eye out if you really want one.
I didn't imply flipping, although I would assume flippers would have way more credit than I did. If you look in the Vita card thread you would see I just spent my last $30 credit on a 32GB card. I mean, at some point you upgrade your console, trading into GS seems like a good idea due to the scam buyers and high eBAY fees. Then a ~$150 GS credit lasts a long time (at least for me, seeing GS rarely have noteworthy deals).

And turning cash into large amounts of credit (or "banking") is actually very financially efficient if you

(1) Never lack cash flow

(2) Can mentally get rid of the concept "This is credit so I might as well spend it anyways".

bread's done
Back