Official NFL 2007 Season Thread: Opener Thursday bitches

[quote name='ph33r m3']Thursday night, opener Saints vs Colts.

Don't matter 49ers gonna take the NFC West.[/quote]

Doesn't matter cause the EAGLES will win it all :bouncy:

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote name='nikelecious91']Doesn't matter cause the EAGLES will win it all :bouncy:

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES![/QUOTE]
What he said. We'll see if getting rid of Trotter was a good decision though.

[quote name='H-Town Info']Texans will go 7-9 this season[/quote]

If they win 7 games, I quit football.

Let's recap what the Texans have done shall we:

1) Passed on Vince Young & Reggie Bush, believing that Carr was there man.

2) Did nothing to their o-line

3) Traded the house for Schaub who's showed potential but was a back-up.

4) Signed a 30-year old something Ahman Green.

They'll be lucky to win 3.

[quote name='ph33r m3']If they win 7 games, I quit football.

They'll be lucky to win 3.[/quote]

maybe super mario gets some flower power and gets double digit sacks?

[quote name='Mattte']There a suicide pool this year? Am I just missing the thread?[/quote]

I don't think there's a thread yet, someone should make one. If there already is one I can't find it.

[quote name='ph33r m3']If they win 7 games, I quit football.

They'll be lucky to win 3.[/QUOTE]

u make me laugh so hard. You want to make a wager like a Signature bet? I know it's preseason but schaub has looked really well and efficient. Ahman Green showed has some left in the tank. Schaub has only been sacked ONCE in 6 qtrs he has played. Jacoby Jones might be the receiver to play next to Andre Johnson. I'm also tired of the people saying the texans don't do anything to fix the o-line. They did try to fix last year and this year. They drafted 2 OTs in the third round last year in Charles Spencer (unfortunately he has almost a career-ending leg injury) and Eric Winston (who is a good RT). They also went to sign Jordan Black from KC (who started 15 out of 16 games last season plus the playoff game) to add some depth to the line. Oh yea, they signed Mike Flanagan last season (former pro bowler with GB) as well. I guess you don't trust my football knowledge at all and you have no substance to back it up. Why don't you check my posts in the 2007 nfl draft thread.

Fine I'll pick apart your 49ers then

QB: Alex smith must continue his improvement now that norv turner has left to coach in SD. Hopefully Dilfer can provide some insight to help Alex develop Alex Smith has some better weapons now and a healthy Davis down the middle.

RB: Frank Gore is a great back and just needs to be healthy. He doesn't have the breakaway speed but he has that all-around balance and will to get yardage. Also he has nice hands for a RB and a nice safety blanket for Alex

WR: Darrell Jackson is a nice pick-up but is he a #1 for Darrell Jackson? Can he stay healthy? Lelie provides that deep threat Alex Smith needs down the field but he stones for hands and has consistency problems. Battle is a nice #3 receiver and was never a #2. He'll provide some first downs down in the slot.

TE: Davis needs to run better routes and make use of his speed, size, and agility on the field. I have seen his improvement in the run blocking but still left to be desired.

O-line - this is a top 10 o-line IMO. Jennings is ok at LT and Staley is going to be a great tackle for many years with his great footwork and technique. Larry Allen is just a mauler at the guard position and a future HOF. David Baas is a solid center who is very stout against the run. Smiley is very good against the run as well. Kwame Harris provides great depth as a swing tackle position.

D-line - Bryant Young has been the leader of that defense for many many years. He's still a solid player down in the 3-4 DE position but more of 4-3 3-technique DT. Douglas is solid as well but he's not been worth the money since he came over from Baltimore. Franklin has size for the 3-4 NT but doesn't have the athleticism to be the dominant NT in the 3-4 controlling the 0 Gap.

LBs - Banta-Cain is a good pickup from NE. He showed some potential under the NE defense with his nice pass rush skills and was solid in coverage. Lawson took the learning curve switch from 4-3 DE in college to 3-4 ROLB. He has all the physical tools to be an effective 3-4 OLB but hasn't showed all of it. Derek Smith and Patrick Willis are going to be a great tandem of ILBs. Patrick Willis can shed blocks and get to the ball carrier. He has tremendous speed as well if he needs to cover TEs, RBs, or go from sideline to sideline to make tackles. Derek Smith is all-around ILB and very good against the run.

CB - Nate Clements is a top 5 CB IMO. He is a very physical CB who can play bump and run but can run with any WR no matter what size. The knock on him is that he doesn't make a game-changing play via INT, FF, FR, breaking a pass. Walt Harris was a surprise last year with the most Ints with Samuel. He is also an all-around CB as well. Spenser is a better at the nickel slot than he was a starter a couple of years ago. Roman is more of a backup safety but starting. He's more of middle-fielder trying to knock someone out. Lewis is a nice box safety and great on the blitz when he was with PHI. He got burnt a lot for going after the big play and poor coverage. Thus, he got benched for about half of a season as the starter.

9-7 for them

Also if you had a chance to trade for potential top 10 QB and he turns out to be a top 10 QB down the road, then it was worth the 2 second round picks and 2 spots down in the first round. I guess the Packers regretted trading a first round pick for a backup QB in Brett Favre then huh?

[quote name='H-Town Info']Also if you had a chance to trade for potential top 10 QB and he turns out to be a top 10 QB down the road, then it was worth the 2 second round picks and 2 spots down in the first round. I guess the Packers regretted trading a first round pick for a backup QB in Brett Favre then huh?[/quote]

How about this big boy, I won't just bet my sig, i'll bet my account. No way in hell the Texans win 7.

Listen, you can base what you want off pre-season, shit if I did that, Taylor Jacobs would be the 49ers #1 reciever.

Oh and i'm not hatin' on the Texans, Ryans is an utter beast at MLB and was hoping the 49ers would draft him. I just have no idea where they're going franchise wise, I understood picking Mario Williams because they believed Carr was their man, but they released him and had a chance at Young. If they picked Young, used the pick's they traded for Schaub and put them towards a TE and some other issues.

[quote name='ph33r m3']How about this big boy, I won't just bet my sig, i'll bet my account. No way in hell the Texans win 7.

Listen, you can base what you want off pre-season, shit if I did that, Taylor Jacobs would be the 49ers #1 reciever.[/quote]

This should be an interesting year if nothing else.

[quote name='ph33r m3']How about this big boy, I won't just bet my sig, i'll bet my account. No way in hell the Texans win 7.

Listen, you can base what you want off pre-season, shit if I did that, Taylor Jacobs would be the 49ers #1 reciever.[/quote]

What would he do with your account?

And the Texans seem like a 5 or 6 win team this year. 7 no, 3? They're not THAT bad..

I'll put up my account if H-Town is willing to, if the Texans win 7, close my account.

Even though they have a cream puff schedule, i'd still give the Titans and Falcons wins over em'.

I'm praying the lions go into history becoming the first team to go 0-16. Knowing those dumshits though they would win their last game to go 1-15 and lose the first pick in the draft via tiebreaker.

My account is priceless here on CAG. I was bashing you b/c you put no substance into your statement. I fired back at you last night with some concrete info and you couldn't deny it or fire back at me. Oh yea, they have 2 good TEs in Owen Daniels and Jeb Putizer.

[quote name='H-Town Info']My account is priceless here on CAG. I was bashing you b/c you put no substance into your statement. I fired back at you last night with some concrete info and you couldn't deny it or fire back at me. Oh yea, they have 2 good TEs in Owen Daniels and Jeb Putizer.[/quote]

Deny what? Ahman Green has something in the tank? Please, their's a reason the Packers let him walk. Owen Daniels is decent, and Putzier is weak, shit calling Daniels decent is a disgrace to Randy McMichael.

Finally looked at the whole schedule for the week...and theres gonna be some good football to watch.

Colts, Saints tonight
Packers, Eagles Sunday
Bears, Chargers
Cowboys, Giants
Then the two Monday night games.

Then how come Miami didn't want to pay McMichael if you say he is better than daniels. Putzier isn't weak. He's ok and a pretty good backup TE that catch the ball but can't run block to save his life. Ahman Green can still run the rock. He had about 1100 yd rushing and caught about 300 out of the backfield last season. He could hit the wall maybe or maybe not. Curtis Martin did well past 30, Warrick Dunn did as well, and Fred Taylor. Seriously, I'm not going to reply to your statements anymore unless you put some mustard on that hot dog.

The Saints couldn't get anything going offensively tonight and Brees seemed to just have one hell of a bad night.

On a side note, what's the big fuss with Adam Vinateri? It seemed like every time he went up for an extra point attempt, Michaels and Madden kept bringing up his stats about not missing a field goal in the RCA dome as either a Pat or a Colt. Were they honestly expecting him to miss this time? I mean sheesh, he's done it almost 30 times flawlessly and M&M are acting like they're on pins and needles about it. Now I remember why NFL on FOX is better...

It seems like Payton was putting WAYY too much thought into their offensive playcalling.. they never went deep thus allowing the Colts Safeties to play up.. they looked the same way in the HOF game...

bread's done
Back