Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting the game and reading the thread, I just don't post alot.
Im pumped for it and Im gonna play the hell out of it.

Also getting it from Amazon. Traded in some games to em (including NHL 09 for $13 :) ) and I have $90 of credit right there. Plus it only costs $6 for release day delivery. I just hope they credit my acccount soon so I can put the order in!

[quote name='DarkTower80']Only one more week!! The release date is perfect for me as I am on vacation from work after next monday.[/QUOTE]

ditto, I'm on vaca all next week.

Next week is going to be hard for me. Car will be almost done and the wait for NHL is going to drive me nuts. Oh well. At least I have alot of stuff unlocked already :p

All right, guys! We are one week away from the return of Sex Panther hockey! I think now's a good time to do sign ups. Keep in mind, the CAG team has an official weekly Hockey Night on Fridays from 8PM EST - UNTIL (usually 12-1AM EST), but we do play other random times throughout the week as well. If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just post in the thread and include the following information:

Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

(It should be noted that we don't assign specific positions to people. Players are encouraged to rotate spots and give everyone a chance to score...or to crush people, whatever you like. But stating your preferred position lets everyone know what you feel you're best at, not to mention, enjoy.)

#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Gary Russell | Right Defense (or right right)

Thought I'd be second cause well that's just my number, Little bit drunk as well! lol

Also, thanks to who ever changed there number last season so I could keep my number 2!

[quote name='Matt Young']It's good to know that many regulars will be back, but how about GMs? There's Nate, Pure Apathy, and myself, but I have heard nothing from FrankySox or Sean.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the game so I'll be in.

#35 | Franklin Quincy Sox | Left Wing

#3 | Pure Apathy | Pure Apathy | Devin Dinkins | L/R Wing (looks like a lot of LW so far.) I might try L/R D out too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrankySox']I'm getting the game so I'll be in.

#35 | Franklin Quincy Sox | Left Wing[/QUOTE]

Awesome! By the way, I am:

Matt Young l X Matt Young X l #37 l Center/Left & Right Defenseman

If anyone had #3 last year just let me know and you can have it. If you want it I'll switch back to #93.

Those in game booster packs are dumb. 80-240 ms points for something that's already in the game, your just unlocking it early. And 239 of them? This is worse then what they did with NFS Most Wanted and that games car upgrades.

#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | Linday Lohan | LW/Goal (or anything that isn't on the right side)

I think I just got a seizure from opening that "meet the team" tag in the OP.

[quote name='SeanAmI']#37 | SeanAmI | S3anAmI | Sean Anaya| Whatever, whatever I do what I want[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you know I'm putting that as your actual position. It's too bad we couldn't get real hockey cards made. I'd love to see "Whatever, whatever I do what I want" listed on the back of yours.

And I feel really nerdy saying this, but I'm actually excited seeing everybody post their info. It feels like forever since we were last on the ice. Can't wait to start it back up! :)

[quote name='SeanAmI']#37 | SeanAmI | S3anAmI | Sean Anaya| Whatever, whatever I do what I want[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you know I'm putting that as your actual position. It's too bad we couldn't get real hockey cards made. I'd love to see "Whatever, whatever I do what I want" listed on the back of yours. And apparently it's true seeing as you stole Matt Young's number, haha :)

[quote name='moojuice']I think I just got a seizure from opening that "meet the team" tag in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well as long as you enjoyed it :)

And I feel really nerdy saying this, but I'm actually excited seeing everybody post their info. It feels like forever since we were last on the ice. Can't wait to start it back up!

LOL, I just put everyone's info into the OP and the roster cracks me up. I love that we're such a ragtag group of players with odd position preferences. I think my favorite is Regian being the "Right Defensiveman". He must get upset really easily (fuckin AI!)

Ok I negotiated with Apathy and I have agreed to trade him the number 3 (#3). He has agreed to give me half his estate, his first born child, and a hot dog. I am switching back to number #93 from last year.

Pure Apathy: #3

NinjaPenguin777: #93

Is Kane no longer the cover athlete?

So many funny Friday nights we had. Can't wait for it to begin up again!

Dr Pizza
fucking AI
Miss America and Tissues
The Obstacle Course

Oh man, those are the best of, I'm probably missing alot more.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hahaha, you know I'm putting that as your actual position. It's too bad we couldn't get real hockey cards made. I'd love to see "Whatever, whatever I do what I want" listed on the back of yours. And apparently it's true seeing as you stole Matt Young's number, haha :)

Haha, well as long as you enjoyed it :)

And I feel really nerdy saying this, but I'm actually excited seeing everybody post their info. It feels like forever since we were last on the ice. Can't wait to start it back up!

LOL, I just put everyone's info into the OP and the roster cracks me up. I love that we're such a ragtag group of players with odd position preferences. I think my favorite is Regian being the "Right Defensiveman". He must get upset really easily (fuckin AI!)[/QUOTE]

FINE MATT CAN HAVE HIS DAMN 37 ( in a row?) :) . Ill be #69.

I'm definitely in again this year.

#27 | GLOCKGLOCK | DRUNKZ 27 | TBD | LW/RW

They are doing a midnight launch here in Pittsburgh so I'll be playing early on the 15th if anyone wants to play some games then.

#9 l DestroVega l LW l don't know what name my player will be right now, it'll probably change a few times anyway.

Wow, I had no clue you could create a team with all users and play online in this! I now see why last years version won all of those awards and why so many people are preordering this years. The last hockey I've played was NHL 2k9 which was cool and I played a franchise with my Tampa Bay Light. If I have the money next week, I'll prob buy this!

as for the #37 i saw on the last page... numbers don't really matter, if two guys have the same number it's not really a big deal.

Online is what made it so cool. We don't win very much but damn it....we try. Sometimes.

Looks like we are going to have a full house!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Online is what made it so cool. We don't win very much but damn it....we try. Sometimes.[/QUOTE]

That just makes it that much more fun when we do win. Hopefully this year there won't be an easy exploit like the 99 hack. Of course, it was nice to have an excuse for losing every game.

[quote name='ChunkyB']That just makes it that much more fun when we do win. Hopefully this year there won't be an easy exploit like the 99 hack. Of course, it was nice to have an excuse for losing every game.[/QUOTE]

If we DO want to win more, there is a few easy things we can do to help it out.

First, we need to pass a lot more to wide open guys, especially on 2-on-1's... a lot of times last year people would skate in 2-on-1 and the player with the puck would shoot. Sometimes you should, but it's much easier to score making that one pass and trying the one-timer... you make the goalie move.

Also, this game acts like real life... traffic in front of the goal helps... and keeping down the penalty minutes is also huge.

And I don't really think we did this a lot, but defensive guys jumping into the play too much is killer, it's too easy to exploit that when the people you are playing against are human. I think everyone did a good job staying back on D though.

And lastly, I do feel the game will be a bit more "balanced" this year online. I'm just pumped for a week from today... got my preorder ready and my week off to waste on the couch... booyah.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Of course, passing to us D guys to shoot the puck and you guys getting the inbound for it helps as well. :D[/QUOTE]

I would also agree with this when setting up plays in the zone.

That was one of the big reasons I switched to RW towards the end of our run last year. I loved trying to get garbage goals, deflections and screens in front of the net on shots from the point.

[quote name='Maynard']I played last year, is there any chance of me hopping back in for this year?[/QUOTE]

If you're around on Friday nights, sure. We're not really restrictive in any way...just ask that you play fair and are cool with everybody.

I believe with alot of the newer people coming in (Good to see, don't take offense at all by that), some of our jokes they won't get. Oh well. At least we will fill them in with Dr. P1ZZA!! I hope he makes some new videos about NHL 10!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back