Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr_hockey66']We should make a team with all the pens fans then we play the other cag guys! I think we have enough for a team.[/QUOTE]

That bandwagon sure filled up fast. ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']That bandwagon sure filled up fast. ;)[/QUOTE]

I was born a pens / steeler fan. I bleed black and gold. But i do see more pens/steelers fans now though.

#25 - Panther1484 - ShadyMarino - Josh Marino - G/LW

The 15th grows oh so closer. :)

Are we sticking with the IFK jerseys or possibly switching it up?

[quote name='Panther1484']#25 - Panther1484 - ShadyMarino - Josh Marino - G/LW

The 15th grows oh so closer. :)

Are we sticking with the IFK jerseys or possibly switching it up?[/QUOTE]

I think we should leave our options open...especially since they've added more jerseys this year. We can come up with a few choices and get everybody's opinion.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I was born a pens / steeler fan. I bleed black and gold. But i do see more pens/steelers fans now though.[/QUOTE]

i didn't mean you though.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I think we should leave our options open...especially since they've added more jerseys this year. We can come up with a few choices and get everybody's opinion.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I'm curious to see the extra unis they put in there.

I doubt my Gamestop will be open at midnight... which is just as well, MNF will be on until about 1:30 that night.

When picking up RB:Beatles I was informed that neither of the local GS/EB's are doing a midnight launch for NHL 10 even though they anticipated doing one due to the high volume of pre-orders. Oh well, Im anticipating not being well enough to make it into work on the 15th anyways....

I'm not going to have my copy until the evening of the 15th, probably around 6:15 Pacific time. Feel free to send me a GM invite though, Gary.

I'll have mine whenever ups drops it off from Amazon on the 15th. I'll get as many games as I can to start boosting my guy since I'm not going the same route as most of you.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Ill probably have mine Vulcan, if Im still a GM.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, all returning GMs from last year will be GMs again this season.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Ill probably have mine Vulcan, Ill help you if I can still be a GM.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good Sean. I will hit you up with a Live Party invite at probably 12:10 lol

Argg. I'm having difficulties scoring(not unlike last year), but I'm right back into the groove of assisting goals(just like last year).

I may stick to just defense and goalie for a while until my stats are better for LW.

And while the hell is the stupid camera zoom and turn still in this game? That, along with the blue line telling me where to be, are the only things hampering this game. They need to give us the option to turn that crap off. There's nothing worse than having your camera spin around and being forced to play defense blind.

Last year I played with the camera zoomed out when we did the OTP games. It was basically the same view that it used when you play exhibition or regular NHL games.

I have a unopened copy of Ghostbusters for the 360. It includes the exclusive Gamestop flight suit. PM me if interested.

So what place do you think would be place to "rent" from while my Amazon copy gets here to take it back to the place I "rented" from? Fry's? Target?

Would they have a problem if the sales stick is removed but I had a receipt?

Blockbuster......

Also, no Midnight release here. The Manager and I agreed that it was Bullshit of them to pull out of a midnight release. All cause alot of games are coming out that same day. So I have to wait till 9 am to get my chubby hands on a copy. Man I'm pist off.

Blockbuster as in rent? I'm buying it on release day then returning the amazon copy when it gets here. All the ones over here are ghetto to begin with.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Ill be able to get mine early, so I can set it up, just tell me what you guys want it set up as.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think we definitely want to be called the Sex Panthers...no? Not sure what trouble you'll run into trying to type that in as a name, and what use of alternate characters they'll allow. But you can probably keep us updated in the thread as you're trying to set it up. I'm still amazed we were able to have a short name of SEX last year. That was awesome. As for the jerseys, as long as it's like last year, we can change them at any time.

Oh, and also...I'm just assuming we'll probably want to join the casual league and not the "pro league", or whatever they're calling it. Although I don't know if that would make it harder to get matched up for a game. I wouldn't want to get destroyed in every single game, but if there's more teams in the pro league, it might not take as long to find a game. What do you guys think?

Any idea what jerseys we used last year and what the new jerseys are. Also, what should I put in if I cannot put in Sex Panthers or Sex? Just CheapAssGamer and CAG?

[quote name='SeanAmI']Any idea what jerseys we used last year and what the new jerseys are. Also, what should I put in if I cannot put in Sex Panthers or Sex? Just CheapAssGamer and CAG?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. What does everybody else think? I would hope some variant of Sex Panthers would work. I mean, I love CAG and all, but I think Sex Panthers is a little more fun and intimidating, haha.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Should I try like S3X P4nth3rs or random variations of chars to make it work?[/QUOTE]

Only if we want to be l33t, haha :) No, seriously, whatever works. You know last year they had all those crazy ass foreign characters too (é, ä, and all the other weird ones I'm not even going to try to replicate). I think at the beginning of last year it allowed the use of characters like that to spell derogatory phrases, but after the patch, I thought it blocked them. We can figure it out once you actually have the game in hand. I'm cool with whatever though. If anybody has any good ideas, throw em out there.

EDIT - Also, I have to add, I love in that DrP1zza thread how he originally asked for deals on NHL 09. He's still hung up on that game. I think he bought it and sold it like four different times last year, haha. Although, amazingly, that's not as many times as he deleted his Youtube channel and brought it back. And it is also less than the number of spoiled jugs of milk he left sitting open on his kitchen table. :D

So Crotch Sharks if Sex doesn't go through the filters? I could try Secks or other stupid spellings if we really want Sex Panthers or something.

[quote name='SeanAmI']So Crotch Sharks if Sex doesn't go through the filters? I could try Secks or other stupid spellings if we really want Sex Panthers or something.[/QUOTE]

Someone come up with a catchphrase as good as "60% of the time, we win. Every time." for the Crotch Sharks, and then we can talk. ;)

Haha, honestly, we could always divide into Secks Panthers and Crotch Sharks if we wanted to have inter-CAG games (since there is a "challenge club" option this year). The down side of that though would be if four people from one team were on and only one from the other. Unless EA allows you to play for multiple teams this year.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']That would be fun. We may need to anyway with all the new guys wanting in on the action.[/QUOTE]

True, but like N8 said, if they only let you join one team again this year, that would be a major cluster-mr. hockey... because what if we randomly wanted to play on Weds. night and we had 4 guys signed up for one team and 1 on the other... it's a major ass-pain. I wouldn't mind there being 3 teams of Sex Panthers playing at the same time.

Well shouldn't it be that if six guys in the lobby and start playing a game, and then some more jump into the lobby, couldn't they start thier own club game? I'd hope they would make such a improvement...

Also if we do have two different teams, may I suggest a draft?

Well, yeah, it's already been confirmed that there are multiple game rooms inside your team locker room. So, if we have more than 6 guys on at a time (which I'm sure we will especially in the beginning), we can break off into groups without having to do the "ok, you guys back out and come back in once we've started".

But my point about dividing into two teams is that unless everyone commits to being on every Friday night, there will definitely be lopsided teams. We could have 6 Seckz Panthers and 2 Crotch Sharks on one night...and then instead of just playing 4 on 4, we'd have to play 6 on 2. I really don't like that idea, and that reason alone would be enough to keep everybody in one group, in my opinion.

UNLESS, like I said, they allow you to be on more than one team this year. That way, everybody could be signed up for both teams, and you could play on your chosen team when the numbers are even, or switch over to help balance things out. That would be the best of both worlds in my opinion, but I don't know if EA would want people committed to more than one team at a time.

It's a long shot, but they could possibly allow a player to be on one Pro team and one Casual team. I think you're all smart enough to figure it out from there.

Edit: Also, assuming you can challenge across leagues. Besides, we can always set up private matches like last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='moojuice']It's a long shot, but they could possibly allow a player to be on one Pro team and one Casual team. I think you're all smart enough to figure it out from there.

Edit: Also, assuming you can challenge across leagues. Besides, we can always set up private matches like last year.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the private matches were fine. lots of fun actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back