Official NHL 10 CAG Team REBOOT - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Night Fridays @ 8-12 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just played a game with randoms and it did record my stats (1 goal, 1 assist). So, we're basically led to believe either someone on our team is broken, or our team itself is broken.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that someone in our league is broken. I wonder if we can narrow it down by when people joined and when it stopped recording stats.

Let the witch hunt begin.

[quote name='ChunkyB']My guess is that someone in our league is broken. I wonder if we can narrow it down by when people joined and when it stopped recording stats.

Let the witch hunt begin.[/QUOTE]

But what's weird is that it was recording stats. Then it stopped. Then our record got reset (any explanation for this?), and it worked again. Then it stopped and hasn't worked in about a week.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']But what's weird is that it was recording stats. Then it stopped. Then our record got reset (any explanation for this?), and it worked again. Then it stopped and hasn't worked in about a week.[/QUOTE]

I read someone else who had the exact same thing on the forums (assuming it wasn't someone from our league). So, yeah, maybe EA was trying to fix it by resetting everyone, and it only worked temporarily. At any rate, I think it's safe to say that EA knows about the issue, and it sucks that they're not addressing it.

It sucks, but it totally makes me just want to play with randoms all the time because I really like the stat tracking.

Yeah, I really want it fixed too. I thought about leaving the club, starting a new one, and adding guys one at a time to make sure stats track. But I think what I'm going to do (sorry for not consulting the other GM's, but this isn't a huge deal...just an experiment) is remove all the guys on the club who haven't played one game online yet (and even if you HAVE played a game...obviously it didn't track, so it could be the cause). If anybody can play a club game with me now to test if that does anything, that would be great.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I really want it fixed too. I thought about leaving the club, starting a new one, and adding guys one at a time to make sure stats track. But I think what I'm going to do (sorry for not consulting the other GM's, but this isn't a huge deal...just an experiment) is remove all the guys on the club who haven't played one game online yet (and even if you HAVE played a game...obviously it didn't track, so it could be the cause). If anybody can play a club game with me now to test if that does anything, that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you have to do is fine I think. It won't be that big of a pain to add people again or whatever. I'll probably be on in an hour and a half or so.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Has anyone messaged EA about the issue? We could test out making a new team on friday and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

My worry would be that if it's not affecting everybody, EA could probably give a shit. I mean, it's been broken for a week and nothing has been done. I can't even begin to think what could be triggering it. How could having one specific person on the team prevent the stats from tracking? And if it was because of using "Seckz" (which I highly doubt), why wouldn't they just delete the team and make us start over? I could understand the team being broken somehow...just because of shitty programming, but any other excuse seems like crap. I love it when games get broken in a way that the developer doesn't even know what to do.

My guess is that it's a really big problem that is hard to fix. It's only been a week, and it might be something that takes weeks to fix. I know that they know about the problem, and I'm guessing they're trying to fix it, but they probably just don't want to address it yet because they're still trying to diagnose/fix it.

Well, screw EA. I fixed it myself, lol. Actually, I wouldn't even have thought to remove anybody from the team if not for the great info that Chunky posted. So, give him a big A on that one! Thanks, Chunky! :)

Anyway, my apologies to the players who were removed (I think there were like 8 of you), but getting rid of the guys with 0 games played somehow worked and stats are now tracking again. We'll have to add you back one at a time so this doesn't happen again. I'm just happy we can actually improve our skaters now.

I requested to join today, not sure if I've been added.
Just letting you know. I have tons of studying for SATs and what not this year, but I'll try to make Friday nights. Because who studies on friday night?

[quote name='Azumangaman']I requested to join today, not sure if I've been added.
Just letting you know. I have tons of studying for SATs and what not this year, but I'll try to make Friday nights. Because who studies on friday night?[/QUOTE]

You've been added. I added you earlier.

If it is possible I would like to try to get in on some of the games tonight. I probably won't be able to play right when you guys start, but I will be around sometime after.

I was on the team but hadn't gotten a chance to play with anyone yet, so I am guessing I got cut so I will go ahead and send another invite to the team.

Good games last night guys. We had a stretch of about six wins at one point! Sadly we actually had a challenge game at the end of the night which someone didn't play up to thier potental in net. If only Pinchbeck showed up that game... :D

Family night last night boys, sorry I couldn't get on there with you guys. Sounds like you had a great night in the W-L category. Well done.

My +/- is positive after my first games with the team this year over 6 games. I think that pretty much sums up how well we played last night, especially when I got back on with nate, chunky and shady.

I believe I improved alot this year, I really don't take nearly that many penalties. I believe Alan and a few others can confirm this as well for me. :D

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I believe I improved alot this year, I really don't take nearly that many penalties. I believe Alan and a few others can confirm this as well for me. :D[/QUOTE]

You are still leading the team in that category...but you're right, it's closer :)

That said, I'd like to report Gary and I just got done playing 5 games. In the first one, we both played D and let the AI run wild. We ended up outshooting our opponent like 29 - 15, but lost 1-0. In the 2nd game, I decided I should join the forward line to try to help them out. Apparently, this intimidated our opponents so much, they quit with 8 minutes left in the 1st period, and we were given a 3-0 DNF WIN.

The 3rd game, we once again outshot our opponents by a large number and doubled them in time on attack, but once again, we were shut out, and our AI goalie gave up some crap goals. That's when I mentioned to Gary that the "aggressive AI strategy" seems to work better with a human goalie. So, for the 4th game, he took goal, and I played center. Against a team of 4, the result was a 5-0 win for the Seckz Panthers!

Sticking to our positions, in the 5th game, I scored 2 early goals on nice passes from the AI, and got my hat trick late in the 2nd. After that, we kinda slacked off, and the other team pulled within 3-2 late in the 3rd period. But we held them off and escaped with the victory. So, winning 3 out of 5 games with just Gary and me doesn't seem too shabby. Our record now stands at 18-24-4. The march back to .500 continues! :)

Well, I have to lead in something so I thought I would make it penalty minutes. Now I also lead in most fights, most penalty minutes and most shutouts :D

But yah, we did damn good last night!!

We had that last year, with both league and Friday hockey night in one thread. Replies got lost trying to schedule a game in league, and laughing about the latest antics of lohan and stamos. When the league gets going you will see the necessity of having both. Just my thoughts.

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']We had that last year, with both league and Friday hockey night in one thread. Replies got lost trying to schedule a game in league, and laughing about the latest antics of lohan and stamos. When the league gets going you will see the necessity of having both. Just my thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I'm not in the league this year just cause I'd rather play OTP instead. There was alot of fighting last year within the league so i opted to stay out.

Anyways, sorry about ditching you AK, before I knew it there was company here, so I apologize for that bro.

I just won the Stanley cup in my first Be a Pro season and nothing unlocked at all. Now this is pissing me off, No desert Camo helmet and nothing else unlocked...fucking EA Sports.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yah, I'm not in the league this year just cause I'd rather play OTP instead. There was alot of fighting last year within the league so i opted to stay out.

Anyways, sorry about ditching you AK, before I knew it there was company here, so I apologize for that bro.

I just won the Stanley cup in my first Be a Pro season and nothing unlocked at all. Now this is pissing me off, No desert Camo helmet and nothing else unlocked...fucking EA Sports.[/QUOTE]

No problem

I think we won most of our games by coming from behind after the other team would pick up a quick rebound goal.

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']and laughing about the latest antics of lohan and stamos.[/QUOTE]

That sounds pulled straight from TMZ, haha :)

^nice job... how did you get the 7 assists in one game? I thought it was for one player, but it seems it's 7 team assists? but I mean, didn't we do that a while ago?

[quote name='DestroVega']^nice job... how did you get the 7 assists in one game? I thought it was for one player, but it seems it's 7 team assists? but I mean, didn't we do that a while ago?[/QUOTE]

Last game we played, I think we beat the team like 5-2. I had 3 assists, and I'm not sure what everybody else had. But when the game ended, lo and behold, there was the trophy, and the achievement for unlocking every trophy soon followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back