Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

Yeah, I just saw this too. Trade yo shits in, lol. Gamestop gives $26.40 if you're a powerup rewards member ($21.12 without). Amazon is next highest at $18.

I still love combining the GCU/Amazon 20% pre-order bonus with this. Ends up being a $22 rental for 6 months...to then just "own" the game digitally. Can't beat it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Got lucky with the two controllers from Wal-Mart. The Digital army ones. Was $15 a piece and I picked up two. I should have picked up the last one just for the hell of it.

Just a heads up, I got 27.50 from GameStop for NHL 17 today.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's just the regular TIV too. Power Up value is $30.25. I hadn't gotten around to taking mine in yet. But I'm definitely going to try to do it before they close today. Not sure why they raised it. Amazon's is down to $10 now, lol.

[attachment=26158:vulcan.jpg]

[attachment=26159:mattyounginit.jpg]

[attachment=26160:drpizza.jpg]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUTvUbGKBs[/youtube]

Um, is it any better than before? I mean, we could just boot up the PC version....

Also, no HoxHud.

I think when they released The Big Score edition this past October, it brought the Xbox version up to speed with where the PC was at. I don't really know what specific issues the console version had (other than being ignored), but I know it added all the DLC and updates that the PC version had gotten.

I mean, you're totally right, we could just boot it up on Steam...but more than likely, that's me, you, and Brandon (if Brandon's laptop is behaving). Just thought maybe this could be a simpler option.

Either way, I grabbed it just to screw around in. Played a few missions. Skill tree seems basically the same. Perk decks have been expanded with new specialties (one is "Ex-President"). And there seemed to be a bunch of missions I don't even remember (new, I'd imagine).

But no HoxHud is pretty brutal. I'm like "How am I supposed to know if I got all of the security guards???" haha.

Nope, never. I refuse to give those pieces of shit any kind of money. The game is quite broken and development won't fix it.
Understandable. I've seen mixed reports on what The Big Score fixes and what it doesn't. Mostly, I think console people were so burned by Overkill that they won't give them the benefit of the doubt no matter what they do. I get it.

For whatever reason, I think Payday is just appealing to me because I'm at that point of almost never having to put a disc in my Xbox now, haha. Horizon 3, Siege, NHL, etc. I'm feeling the pleasure of not needing a disc. As dumb as it sounds, if I had to get up and take the disc out when Payday pisses me off, I probably wouldn't have gotten it, lol. :lol:

Yeah, I get that also. It was a big lure for me for awhile as well without needing to switch disc's. Now I have gone the other way and went all disc lol. I guess since I know I can trade it in now. But if the game is cheap enough, why the hell not go digital? It's a double edged sword.

Yeah, I get that also. It was a big lure for me for awhile as well without needing to switch disc's. Now I have gone the other way and went all disc lol. I guess since I know I can trade it in now. But if the game is cheap enough, why the hell not go digital? It's a double edged sword.
Oh, yeah. I will still do disc if it's cheaper and/or there's a chance I'll want to trade it in. It's just odd timing right now where everything I'm playing either went to EA Access or was on digital for cheap.

https://youtu.be/VbagNfeBdQk

I feel Spurgeon's goal should be #2. That Crosby one hand goal? Just filthy.
And look at #5. Viktor Arvidsson's goal that you "meh"d, haha. :)

I don't think Crosby's was the best though. The one hander was impressive, but the defense just let him walk right through the middle. There was a lot more adversity on some of the other goals. Tavares's in particular was pretty ridiculous. I guess it depends if you're just judging the shot or the overall play.

I'd judge it by using his dominant hand to actually get enough lift on it without using his other non dominant hand. It's quite remarkable.

I Still MEH Arvidsson! MEH!!

I guess if more of us get it, I'll get it too, but otherwise I might pass. I think Rob was asking about it one time too?
I had picked up Payday 2 as well, so if anyone else gets it I'd be more than willing to play. It was kind of funny because I had found it on clearance for $5.98 on Monday and was going to get it and remember seeing it listed in the sale. So I double checked and figured I'd just go digital for $10 more and get all the DLC.

I'm in the same boat as you Nate. I'd prefer digital most the time, but certain games that I know I'll trade in eventually I'll just buy the disc (example NHL or any EA game). With the digital sales I've been able to go digital with games I had on disc and then just trade them in for about the same price it was to go digital. I did that with Titanfall 2, Overwatch, and Battlefield 1 around Christmas. I paid something like $48 for each plus $10 BB cert for all of those at launch and then traded them in for $110 and got all three Digital for just over $100.

And look at #5. Viktor Arvidsson's goal that you "meh"d, haha. :)

I don't think Crosby's was the best though. The one hander was impressive, but the defense just let him walk right through the middle. There was a lot more adversity on some of the other goals. Tavares's in particular was pretty ridiculous. I guess it depends if you're just judging the shot or the overall play.
I'd judge it by using his dominant hand to actually get enough lift on it without using his other non dominant hand. It's quite remarkable.

I Still MEH Arvidsson! MEH!!
There were a couple of those where I just felt like there was very little effort by the D. That Montreal one was pretty sad. The initial move was really good, but then there were 4 white jerseys who just let him skate to the front. Same with Panik's. Malkin pretty much just stood there and made no effort.

That Crosby one I think is a little overrated. Was it impressive yes... But like Nate said, the D just let him go in. As for getting the puck up, when the puck has that much momentum it isn't going to take a ton of strength to flip the puck up.

Spurgeon's and Kessel's set up to Hornqvist I thought were two of the more impressive ones. Along with the balance and ability to keep possession that Tavares showed.

I have to say Arvidsson is a ton of fun to watch in person. I was at the Caps game about a month ago when he got the game winner in OT.

I mean, Arvidsson went from 16 points in 56 games last year to 61 points in 80 games this year. He's 5'9" and always plays like he was shot out of a cannon. He is the Tubthumping of the Nashville Predators. He gets the shit beat out of him all game, and then he'll still try to throw a hip check on the biggest player on the opposing team. He just has tons and tons of heart. I just hope he can stay healthy playing the way he does.

I mean, Arvidsson went from 16 points in 56 games last year to 61 points in 80 games this year. He's 5'9" and always plays like he was shot out of a cannon. He is the Tubthumping of the Nashville Predators. He gets the shit beat out of him all game, and then he'll still try to throw a hip check on the biggest player on the opposing team. He just has tons and tons of heart. I just hope he can stay healthy playing the way he does.
That's the big thing right there. I think his size and play style is why I like him so much. He reminds me of Darren Helm when he was younger except Helm wasn't quite as productive. Then Helm had a string of injuries (one of them was against Nashville in the playoffs when he sliced his wrist open after hitting someone) and didn't do much for a few seasons. Last year and the year before he started to return to his former self and then this year got hurt again and didn't do much... Not that anyone else did on the team either haha.

Sounds like Callahan, and well, look how he's turned out. lol.

I am rooting for Caps this year though, I want to see Ovi get a cup.
My ideal matchup would be Caps vs. Preds.

I feel like out of all of the teams the Caps actually have the hardest path to get to the Finals. I think the Bruins probably have the easiest route out of the 16.

That road through Chicago for Nashville is daunting (especially if they fly United  :lol:). I still feel like they match up well with the Hawks though. They just have to execute and not make stupid mistakes (the Preds tend to turn the puck over a lot in their own end). Between that, Chicago's playoff experience, and having to beat the refs/NHL, I just hope they can make it a competitive series.

I am still glad they're not having to fly to California every other day though. That shit was horrible last year. It's bullshit that the league doesn't do a 2-3-2. 2-2-1-1-1 is retarded.

It's because the NHLPA agreed to that schedule. Blame the players on that one. I still am pissed off about the NHL sitting out the Olympics.

Chicago aren't what they use to be though. I can see the Preds rolling right through.

Here's my bracket.

Round 1

West Coast
Nashville over Chicago
St. Louis over Minnesota
Anaheim over Calgary
San Jose over Edmonton

East Coast
Montreal over New York
Ottawa over Boston
Washington over Montreal
Columbus over Pittsburgh

Round 2
West Coast
St. Louis over Nashville
San Jose over Anaheim

East Coast
Ottawa over Montreal
Washington over Columbus

Round 3
West Coast
San Jose over St. Louis

East Coast
Washington over Columbus

Stanley Cup Final

Washington over San Jose.

And because of you guys, I might break my oath and buy Payday 2 as much as I hate them.

It's because the NHLPA agreed to that schedule. Blame the players on that one. I still am pissed off about the NHL sitting out the Olympics.
Yeah, well the players are dumb. If you have home ice advantage, lose one of those first two...and then can't win one game on the road to bring the series back home, then you deserve to be eliminated. But only traveling twice instead of potentially four times is a huge deal. It might not be for Northeastern teams that barely have to go anywhere.

But when the Preds were going back and forth to California to play Anaheim and San Jose, it's a 4.5 hour flight one way. They didn't even go back home between game 7 in Anaheim and Game 1 in San Jose. It creates an unfair advantage for teams that travel less.

And because of you guys, I might break my oath and buy Payday 2 as much as I hate them.
At the very least, it would provide some good laughs. And at least with The Big Score bundle, it finally feels like you're getting a complete game. People still think the aiming is crap, but I think that's the way the game plays. You can eat a lot of bullets too. So, it's more arcadey than a game like Siege.

I'll be getting Payday. but um....I thought the $16 bundle was the $20 DLC and $10 Standard combined?

No it doesnt. Which is why I thought it was the complete thing and maybe extra. Or I'm just stupid and didn't read it properly. I'll go with the second option. I'll be on tonight if anybody wants to play MAYBE two nhl gamed and then Payday. Or even Overwatch. The new mode on Overwatch is great.

Chicago aren't what they use to be though. I can see the Preds rolling right through.

Here's my bracket.

My predictions are pretty similar for the first round.

Nashville in 7

St. Louis in 5

Calgary in 6

Edmonton in 7

Montreal in 6

Boston in 5

Washington in 6

Pittsburgh in 6

Round 2

Nashville in 6

Edmonton in 7

Boston in 6

Washington in 7

Conference Finals

Nashville in 6

Washington in 7

SCF

Washington in 7

I feel like Ottawa is just going to get smoked by Boston. They have been struggling lately and had it not been for the whole division having been injured all year they wouldn't even be in it.

Yeah, well the players are dumb. If you have home ice advantage, lose one of those first two...and then can't win one game on the road to bring the series back home, then you deserve to be eliminated. But only traveling twice instead of potentially four times is a huge deal. It might not be for Northeastern teams that barely have to go anywhere.

But when the Preds were going back and forth to California to play Anaheim and San Jose, it's a 4.5 hour flight one way. They didn't even go back home between game 7 in Anaheim and Game 1 in San Jose. It creates an unfair advantage for teams that travel less.

At the very least, it would provide some good laughs. And at least with The Big Score bundle, it finally feels like you're getting a complete game. People still think the aiming is crap, but I think that's the way the game plays. You can eat a lot of bullets too. So, it's more arcadey than a game like Siege.
I feel your pain. When Detroit was in the West it was such a nightmare. I think it was 2010 and 2011 playoffs where we had Arizona in the first round and then San Jose in the second. There travel was so messed up. Unfortunately now that we are in the East we suck haha.

Viktor Arvidsson, GWG!!!

usa_today_9869472.0.jpg

Oh, man...the memories of Shadow Raid. Having it down to such a science was beautiful. Those are the moments that make you want to watch Ocean's Eleven and jerk off, lol. But that time...with all the bags just sitting there in the dumpster, still highlighted...and nooooone of us noticing at all, haha. So good.

But those beautiful HoxHud overlays too. I don't know how people get good at the game without them.

bread's done
Back