Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

Also, here's the Mighty Mouse video I was talking about. It's pretty funny hearing him talk to this guy who clearly knows nothing about MMA.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNkJ8j0tRHA[/youtube]

I'd say I hope Austin Watson beats the fuck out of him, but really, I'd rather they just keep playing exactly the same. The best retaliation is a win. I also hope Laviolette doesn't change the lineup at all. Nashville had McLeod, Parenteau and a couple other guys who had been playing down the stretch as scratches...but after two games like that, you don't touch a damn thing.

So, EA sent me a survey this morning for NHL 18. At first I thought it was the same one Brandon got earlier, but this one really seemed to indicate specific features that they're adding (though I still feel like we've heard these before anyway). It had "How do you feel about..." questions about things like "advanced dekes and being able to string them together for masterful deking combinations".

It also talked about "Defensive Skill Stick" and having complete control over your stick for pokes, sweeping your stick on the ice, etc. Then there was talk of advanced AI that could "use the same skillset that humans have for deking, passing, and defensive anticipation.

Other specific questions focused on expansion mode, where you could play as "all 31 teams", and play games with the Vegas Golden Knights before they even play their first real game. Expansion mode also lets you add a 32nd team that you could have from "your hometown".

The other big feature they touched on was "NHL Threes", which will be a new online competitive mode where you can play in seasons and tournaments. I'm not sure how it differs from EASHL other than having two less players because they made it sound very similar.

Sooo...yeah, not sure if anything will translate to making the game better. But I made sure to write in some comments on what would actually improve the game (ie. reward people for playing right rather than catering to people just looking for exploits). I am certain they will hold my advice in the highest regard. :lol:

I finally got around to playing some online versus in NHL the last couple days. And holy crap...it's a lot more enjoyable. I think it's partially because 99% of the online in this game has nothing to do with using real teams...you don't realize how much you miss just playing with real teams. On top of that, you end up with a game where people don't have 90+ players on their 4th line, which adds a lot more strategy and patience to the game. When you give up a breakaway to Vernon Fiddler, you know you fucked up, haha.

In 9 games, I'm 9-0, with 6 rage quits, lol. Obviously, that's part of the reason I'm having fun. But playing as the Preds, I've played the Blackhawks three times, Capitals twice, and Rangers twice. So, not scrub teams or anything.

It really makes me miss having any damn kind of online league feature though. Honestly, when I did that NHL 18 survey yesterday, I should have just wrote in "ONLINE LEAGUE/GM CONNECTED" for every single answer, lol.

Pick your poison, haha. Sad that this generation of hockey games hasn't been up to par. 

Also, I think most of us have it by now, but Saints Row 2 is free on GOG and Steam

Famn you Nate for making me buy a game from a Company I loathe. I have been playing Pay Day 2 online a lot. It's amazing how many disconnects I have gotten while almost making it to the damn van!! I also noticed that aiming is sometimes wonky as well. I can now pick people up just by yelling at them which as you said, is fantastic. I'll be one tonight for a couple NHL games and then Pay Day.

I was wrong. The shoulder that Forsberg threw was at Seabrook, not Keith. But it's still just as beautiful. I laughed...and I laughed.  :lol:

WdIFNLo.gif

Ha Ha!! Go Preds!!

So, after you guys left, I got into a game with 3 others doing Hoxtons Revenge on Overkill. Wow, just insane. I ranked up to 66 though and bought that sniper rifle. Plus, that job is great for cash. Came out with about 2 million afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha!! Go Preds!!

So, after you guys left, I got into a game with 3 others doing Hoxtons Revenge on Overkill. Wow, just insane. I ranked up to 66 though and bought that sniper rifle. Plus, that job is great for cash. Came out with about 2 million afterwards.
I just love it cause you can almost see on Forsberg's face that he's thinking "Wait for it...wait for it....annnnnnd....EAT SHIT, Seabrook!" :lol:

Was it Hoxton's Breakout or Hoxton's Revenge? Breakout is the one where you go through the city and the parking garage...and then on Day 2 you have to steal the server. Revenge is the one at the house where you have to get the evidence bags and kill the douchebag in the panic room. Breakout is an XP goldmine. It's decently tough and takes about 35-45 minutes to complete...but yeah, even when you're level 75+, you usually still gain about 2 levels every time.

Why would you WANT to unsee that, it's glorious!! lol. The future is now, noooo, it really isnt. The Future is the future, we are in the present, idiots. lol

Finally got the Payday Framing Frame glitch to work yesterday. After countless failed attempts, and I don't even want to know how many hours (I kept screwing up the sequence after collecting all the items), I finally did it just right. I'll say, it really helps if the vault is in the bedroom. If you get a map where it's in the big open room with the piano, you might as well just restart.

Anyway, in actual game time, the 3 day process took me an hour and 18 minutes (12 minutes day 1, 6 minutes day 2, 60 minutes day 3). Once I had Day 3 glitched, i could have stayed in it glitching XP as long as I felt like. But an hour seemed reasonable...and I racked up a little over 10,000,000 XP. That took me from a level 67 to a level 90 and earned me 29 skill points, haha. I did it on normal difficulty though since I was solo'ing.

It would obviously take much less time with more people. There's a lot of schlepping items in this mission, paintings on day 1, paintings and money bags on day 2, tech devices, cocaine, and gold on day 3. More people means more chances to get caught, but if you're careful, the time could probably be cut in half.

On normal, you can kill up to 4 guards without triggering the alarm. It's probably smart to save at least one just in case you get surprised by a guard...but it's also good to just have less guards patrolling the house because there are a lot of cameras too (I couldn't ever find the camera room).

So, yeah...if we want to attempt this sometime, I now have the gameplan. It's weird, I know this kind of stuff is gamebreaking, but there's something about doing it in a "heist game" that makes it feel right, lol. Same as when we used to ECM rush Shadow Raid. Yeah, I know you're not supposed to, but this is a game about being criminals, stealing gold, and shooting cops. Gaming the system should be a badge of honor. :)

You'd probably get way more XP at a higher difficulty too.

Carry me guys
Yes. I honeslty want to see us take somebody from level 1 to level 100, lol. I really think it can be done. We basically just need to offset when we go infamous. Have 2-3 people hang out at level 100 while the other is low level. Then, rinse and repeat. Would be freaking hilarious. :lol:

Actually, here we go. According to this (assuming they didn't completely change XP and leveling up), it takes about 23.4 million XP to go from 1 to 100. That is totally, totally doable, haha.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/361798516948621634/

I got a call and when I came back you guys were just getting out of the party. That 13 million XP shot me from level 8 to 87. Asking with 95 skill points. Which I'm still trying to figure out how everything works lol.

Holy shit! lol, that's amazing. Yeah, we waited a while, then we figured out that when your controller turned off, it kicked you from the lobby anyway. We were hoping you didn't get screwed over, but figured since the mission was over, you were probably fine.

I ended up gaining 35,000,000 XP for that mission, haha. None of which I needed since I was already maxed at level 100. The biggest thing now will be doing high money missions since it costs so much to use skill points anyway (not to mention going infamous).

But based on your numbers, the 23.3 million to go from level 1 to 100 seems about right...and is completely feasible in a single Framing Frame glitch. That's pretty incredible.

As for how the skill trees work, it really depends on what you're going after. For stealthing, the Ghost tree is really good because it boosts your lockpicking and ability to open ATMs and secure doors. For loud missions, Mastermind is really good because "Inspire" is one of the best attributes in the game. Then there are some helpful attributes in the other trees as well (Transporter under the Enforcer tree and Sixth Sense under the Fugitive tree for example). Those are at least my preferences anyway...especially if you ever play the game solo.

Going high up the Enforcer tree is pretty useful in a team setting (and probably could be worked out for solo if you manage your points right) because you can unlock the saw...which allows you to just cut open deposit boxes in the bank and ATMs, which saves a lot of time. There's lots of different ways you can go.

Also, don't forget to look at your perk decks. You can only equip one perk deck at a time. But getting all the XP from Framing Frame will help you max them out very quickly so you can switch between them if you'd like. I know I maxed out like four of them just last night alone, haha.

Damn...well, Kevin Fiala's career might be over.
Oh geez. I just looked at the video when I read this. At first I thought he was out cold. Definitely good to see him moving around though. I see their twitter says he is in stable condition. It seemed as though he was moving his legs slightly which is a good sign at least. Based on how he hit with his left leg, and the way it was moving... I'm guessing a torn ACL and MCL for sure.

Oh geez. I just looked at the video when I read this. At first I thought he was out cold. Definitely good to see him moving around though. I see their twitter says he is in stable condition. It seemed as though he was moving his legs slightly which is a good sign at least. Based on how he hit with his left leg, and the way it was moving... I'm guessing a torn ACL and MCL for sure.
There's speculation of a broken femur too with the way the trainers were trying to stabilize him. Of course, it could be multiple things. He went in so hard and fell so awkward, and then just got crunched. He's a guy who relies on his speed for his playmaking too. So, if he's not good as new after recovery and it affects his skating in any way, it might ruin his potential. Really shitty thing to happen because he's only 20 years old too.

Here's the video for anybody who didn't see it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsxeIboiF3Q[/youtube]

Wow, yeah that was very similar.

They've updated Fiala's condition, and it indeed was a broken left femur. In some ways, that might be better than a ligament tear. Hopefully once it heals, he'll still be able to move like he could before. And the recovery timetable is definitely better than an ACL. According to some Googling, full recovery can take anywhere from 12 weeks to 12 months, but he should be able to start physical therapy and walking on it like right away.

If he's anythig like Stamkos, give him a couple months. Hell, I think Stamkos is almost robotic when it comes to his recovery times. Ridiculous. Wish him well and quick recovery!!

I'll be on tonight. My offshore has $400 million and I'm back up to $10 Million. I could max out another tree easily.

If he's anythig like Stamkos, give him a couple months. Hell, I think Stamkos is almost robotic when it comes to his recovery times. Ridiculous. Wish him well and quick recovery!!

I'll be on tonight. My offshore has $400 million and I'm back up to $10 Million. I could max out another tree easily.
Yeah, I'm actually more optimistic with it being a bone break than a ligament tear. You never know how somebody's going to bounce back from that and how much it will affect their mobility. At least with a break, they can set it, let it heal, and hopefully he'll be good as new. On the plus side, Fiala is only 20...so hopefully he's got that youthful bounce back in his favor as well.

And yeah, I'll be on tonight. We've got the Framing Frame glitch working well for anybody who wants to do it. I've done it 3 times now...and with me and Brandon doing it, it did shave the time roughly in half. Since i knew the routine/layout better, Brandon mostly ran bags back and forth, and served as a scout on the cameras on Day 3. But even doing that was a huge help though.

We forgot to get the computer to 100% on Day 3, so we went a little over our self-imposed one hour limit...but in 1:10 of game time, Brandon and I ended up racking up 35,000,000 XP (so way more than you need to go from 1 to 100). MVP joined while we were in progress and didn't have all the XP perks that we did, so he finished with "only" 13,000,000 (lol, hilarious just saying that). But he went from a level 8 to 81. It is a glorious, glorious glitch. :)

Now, most of us just need money...but I figure we can get everybody to 100 and then do high dollar heists and whatnot until we're ready to go infamous.

Yeah, I'm actually more optimistic with it being a bone break than a ligament tear. You never know how somebody's going to bounce back from that and how much it will affect their mobility. At least with a break, they can set it, let it heal, and hopefully he'll be good as new. On the plus side, Fiala is only 20...so hopefully he's got that youthful bounce back in his favor as well.

MVP joined while we were in progress and didn't have all the XP perks that we did, so he finished with "only" 13,000,000 (lol, hilarious just saying that). But he went from a level 8 to 81. It is a glorious, glorious glitch. :)
As someone who has torn an ACL I can tell you the recovery is a pain in the ass. I tore mine in the spring of 2005. I didn't find out I tore mine until mid-July though because I was stubborn and originally thought I had just twisted it really bad.

At the time they offered three different ways to repair it, 1) Cadaver, 2) Reconstructing using part of your patella tendon, or 3) reconstructing using your part of your hamstring.

1) Had the quickest recovery, least amount of pain, but also the least certainty of future complications

2) Most painful, slightly quicker recovery, and second most durable

3) Second most painful, longest recovery (approx. 2 months on crutches, 6 months of physical therapy, and about 5-6 months before you could play sports with contact) and most durable

I went with the hamstring and it was a pain in the ass to recover from. I was doing therapy 3 times a week at physical therapy and every day with out athletic trainer. I essentially had to not only retrain my knee, but also my hamstrings due to missing a chunk of it. It was about a 16 months before I actually felt like I was back to what I was prior to the injury. I remember thinking for a long time that I actually preferred playing sports with the injury as opposed to having the surgery.

As for Payday, I gotta take some time this weekend and set up all my perks. That 8 to 87 got me so many points to use.

Geez...Vernon Fiddler throws a freaking knee on knee "hit" and gets a game misconduct. fucking idiot. Nothing like stupid mistakes when you're winning a game.

So I bought Battlegounds over the weekend. This could be a fun game to get on consoles if we squad up. I like it compared to Rust, Ark, whatever that Zombie game I got hacked on was called,  etc, because its 100% PVP. I think us as a group like to be "friendly" in those games, but it usually ends up with us getting fucked at some point. In this game, you know from the outset that no one is friendly.

Being one of the last alive is stressful. I actually didn't even play this one passively at the beginning, just got unlucky with where I bailed out of the plane, and was chasing the circle the whole game

https://youtu.be/RfS9-id6iqw

So I bought Battlegounds over the weekend. This could be a fun game to get on consoles if we squad up. I like it compared to Rust, Ark, whatever that Zombie game I got hacked on was called, etc, because its 100% PVP. I think us as a group like to be "friendly" in those games, but it usually ends up with us getting fucked at some point. In this game, you know from the outset that no one is friendly.

Being one of the last alive is stressful. I actually didn't even play this one passively at the beginning, just got unlucky with where I bailed out of the plane, and was chasing the circle the whole game

https://youtu.be/RfS9-id6iqw
I rarely ever watch any streams or anything, but I was reading about this on Polygon when it first came out, and decided to watch a stream. I'm hoping that this gets released to console. It looks like so much fun. The game looks really good too. How many people is it again in a match?

So I bought Battlegounds over the weekend. This could be a fun game to get on consoles if we squad up. I like it compared to Rust, Ark, whatever that Zombie game I got hacked on was called, etc, because its 100% PVP. I think us as a group like to be "friendly" in those games, but it usually ends up with us getting fucked at some point. In this game, you know from the outset that no one is friendly.

Seeing this made me instantly think of The Culling. So, I decided to check on how that game was doing, and holy shit...apparently, the developers fucked it up royally. They pulled like a Rust or something because even the diehard fans hate the game now. That is impressive, lol.

I rarely ever watch any streams or anything, but I was reading about this on Polygon when it first came out, and decided to watch a stream. I'm hoping that this gets released to console. It looks like so much fun. The game looks really good too. How many people is it again in a match?
Its up to 100. For some reason it seems like 30 people always manage to die off within the first two or three minutes of the game, I have no idea why. It definitely is an adrenaline coaster playing it. I never got the tense feeling from watching streams of it.

Seeing this made me instantly think of The Culling. So, I decided to check on how that game was doing, and holy shit...apparently, the developers fucked it up royally. They pulled like a Rust or something because even the diehard fans hate the game now. That is impressive, lol.
Huh, I haven't followed up on that game lately, that's surprising to hear.

Really, the only reason I picked it up was because the GiantBomb guys were raving about it, while they were apathetic about The Culling. I I have a lot of similar tastes to them, so I figured it was worth a shot. There definitely is some jank in it, and could use some optimization, but its definitely playable.

Its up to 100. For some reason it seems like 30 people always manage to die off within the first two or three minutes of the game, I have no idea why. It definitely is an adrenaline coaster playing it. I never got the tense feeling from watching streams of it.
One of the streams I watched was pretty intense. The guy was way outside of the zone and was trying to dart across the map to get there. He found a sand rail type vehicle and was cruising and there were just bullets coming at him from every direction.

It is being worked on for consoles too. Apparently it will be an early access game on the One and then the PS4 after that since they don't have an early release program.

https://pvplive.net/c/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-motorcycle-console-new-game-modes-maps
It'll be interesting to see how they handle the interface- the inventory system as-is would be detrimental for a controller- there definitley would need to be some shortcuts to speed up the process of going through your items. Its also interesting to see that they'll give customization options to streamers/youtubers. In a way, it sucks for regular joes, but I know that "the kids" nowadays are really into watching content creators, so in a way, it helps them interact with their audience.

One of the streams I watched was pretty intense. The guy was way outside of the zone and was trying to dart across the map to get there. He found a sand rail type vehicle and was cruising and there were just bullets coming at him from every direction.
I guess I've been lucky, haha. I've never been killed while full speed in a vehicle yet, everyone always misses. Granted I stay away from the bridge chokepoints too, so that it's not an easy shot.

Glad the Preds held on to win last night, but I'm so over embellishment penalties. Joel Edmundson came straight out of the box and did this to PK Subban

6Zo41Vw.gif

Want another angle?

yKsNdM0.gif

Subban went straight to the locker room...and they call him for embellishment. Seriously, ref? Let Edmundson intentionally swing at your head like that and see how you react. I get it if there's no penalty and the player is just Manu Ginobili'ing it. Sure. Call a penalty for intention to deceive.

But how in the hell do you tell somebody who was interfered with in an illegal way "you shouldn't react like that"? If there's a legit penalty, embellishment shouldn't be possible. You'd think it would be common sense that, hey...that wouldn't have happened had the opposing player not done something illegal to begin with. That's gotta be the dumbest rule in all of hockey.

Saw that on Reddit. Granted he went straight to the locker room, but those are the same refs who have probably reffed a game where he did embellish and will ALWAYS have him on his radar. From what I'm also reading, looking like a make up call also. Wouldn't doubt it.

Very good discussion about it here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/68y4xe/_/dh2ci2t

Ever year, I'm not surprised by the Playoff Refs. The hit on Crosby that concussed him, shouldn't have been a game either. Malkins no interference call was bullshit as well.

Saw that on Reddit. Granted he went straight to the locker room, but those are the same refs who have probably reffed a game where he did embellish and will ALWAYS have him on his radar. From what I'm also reading, looking like a make up call also. Wouldn't doubt it.

Very good discussion about it here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/68y4xe/_/dh2ci2t

Ever year, I'm not surprised by the Playoff Refs. The hit on Crosby that concussed him, shouldn't have been a game either. Malkins no interference call was bullshit as well.
But any ref at a point where he's officiating based on prior games and not what's actually happening in the current game right in front of his eyes is a shitty ref. Did Subban actually NEED to go to the locker room for medical treatment? I don't know...and neither does the ref. But was the hit put on by Edmundson a penalty? Yes, it was. So, to me, that makes everything that follows it irrelevant. It makes no sense that the guy getting hit receives the same punishment as the guy who went out of his way to break the rules on a play that could have ended up injuring his opponent.

As for the Reddit thread...the guy leading the charge is a self-proclaimed bandwagon fan, lol. Soooo....yeah, fuck any opinion he has. :lol:

You sometimes have to take the glasses off though, Subban should have been ready for that hit regardless. That's just Hockey 101.
Do you not think Edmundson went high with that hit though? Sure looked like he was targeting the head to me. And like I said, he had literally just gotten out of the box, so you know he's pissed. Honestly, I've been surprised at how goon'ish St. Louis has gotten in this series. That "make up call" you were talking about...yeah, that was in reference to a near bench clearing brawl breaking out. McLeod and Edmundson were pushing and shoving, then Ryan Reaves comes flying in out of nowhere, and grabs McLeod around the neck from behind...while he's engaged with Edmundson.

So, the refs gave Edmundson and McLeod matching minors for roughing, and then gave Reaves one too. Was it deserving? Maybe not. But Reaves had been acting like a shithead all game and had been talked to by the refs several times (they showed the refs talking to him by the bench between whistles). If he doesn't want to put his team in a hole, maybe stop acting like you're in a World Star Hip Hop video.

bread's done
Back