Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

If Subban didn't duck, it would have been a shoulder to shoulder hit honestly. Since PK ducks the hit, it makes it a lot worse.
I wouldn't have a problem with that if the refs hadn't already set a precedent for the "victim" moving not being a factor. When Fiddler got thrown out of game two for the knee on knee hit on Parayko, it was the same type of thing.

Parayko moved at the last second to avoid the check, and their legs ended up colliding. You can see Fiddler lowering his shoulder to make the hit along the boards....but yet, 5 minute major and Fiddler gets ejected.

Qbj1n0r.gif

Ryan Ellis took a knee on knee hit in the next game, but he didn't roll around on the ice and grab his leg like Parayko (most pathetic part is he grabs the wrong leg), and what do you know...it wasn't called. The refs gotta realize the "embellishment" is their own damn fault for missing calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. It's just pathetic how horrible it's gets every year. The ONLY Ref I like I'd Wes McCauley. Tim Perl can fuck off entirely.

I'll be on tonight for some great NHL and right o to Payday 2 lol.

Wow...anybody watching the game, did you just see Tarasenko and Stastny continuously pushing Ryan Johansen into the St. Louis bench and through the open door? No call. Incredible. I guess the refs want to go back to Nashville. Jesus.

Getting my PC set up and trying to get some steam games installed for this weekend.  I keep reaching for the trackpad, going to take a bit to get used to a mouse again.

Looks like NHL still said nope to the Olympics. Such horseshit. The All Star Game will also be in Tampa next year. I would have gladly given up the All Star Game just to see the NHL go the Olympics.

My favorite moment from last night's game. Forsberg goes complete savage on Gibson. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7WV9Qt43fY

The funniest was the two disallowed goals within seconds from each other since the Ducks did the same shit in their series against the Oilers. Then Josi scores and you can tell in his head he's like "Ok, Hold, Hold, Nobody around for interference? Ok good. Time to score."

Preds vs Senators would be fantastic.

Meeeee tooooo. :)

And yeah, the disallowed goals were crazy. The first one was a little questionable because really, Zolnierczyk got backed into Gibson by Lindholm's giant ass, lol. Not really sure where the ref thought he could have gone there.

The second one though...that was just 6'4" Mattias Ekholm thinking he was Viktor Arvidsson as he started dangling at full speed toward the net...then suddenly realized "Oh, shit. What now?" He just completely crashed into Gibson, and then Johansen picks up the puck like "I guess...I guess I'm going to put this in. What? It doesn't count? Yeah, that makes sense."

"Oh looky here, a nice black dull puck, Guess I'll put it in the net since it's wide open." Johansen probably, lol

I'll be on tonight. I know Preds game is on till about 11.

"Oh looky here, a nice black dull puck, Guess I'll put it in the net since it's wide open." Johansen probably, lol

I'll be on tonight. I know Preds game is on till about 11.
Yeah, I should be on after.

And yeah, Johansen was probably just skating toward the puck thinking "God damn cock tease!", lol. :lol:

Didn't notice it but, Windows Sonic is now available for Beta users.

It makes your headphones Surround Sound if you're wondering.

So, this Xbox 360 BC sale that's been going on has been pretty good. I traded in a few physical copies of games that i had (Lego Star Wars Complete, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Alice Madness Returns, and Toy Story 3)...and was able to pick them back up digitally for half of what I got for the physical copy. Slowly, but surely, my physical collection is shrinking.

I also grabbed Stuntman Ignition, Monopoly Plus, and a few XBLA games.

Here's the link to the deal thread that shows it better than the Xbox dash does.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/360769-xbl-deals-bc-super-sale-dwg-destiny-worms-pvzgw2-final-fantasy-xv-more-gwg-xb1-lara-croft-osiris-giana-sisters-360-lego-swcs/page-1

They are such shitheads. I mean, it wasn't enough for them to start fights in the final seconds of game 6...down 6-3, basically with the only intention of injuring your opponent before they move on to the next round. The league really needs to get serious about this stuff. Even the thing with Getzlaf calling the ref a cocksucker (which he claimed was "directed at nobody"...right), if you do that shit in the NBA or MLB, you get tossed out of the game.

Is it harsh? Maybe. But being harsh is how you get things to stop happening. But as long as the league sends a message that they won't do anything about it, you're going to have shithead teams like the Ducks who have no respect for the referees and go out of their way to intentionally injure opponents. At some point, it stops just being "playoff hockey".

Perry should have also been fined OR even given a 3 game suspension from pulling away from the ref like he did. States it CLEARLY in the god damn rule book as well!! I think the Ducks should have a nice long hard talk with the Lightning who went 7 games for EVERY single playoff game leading up to the cup and didn't bitch about not resting enough. What a bunch of sour ass cry babies. I think we found the Crybaby Millenials of the NHL.

Yup, and Getzlaf continued to whine here...basically not giving the Preds any credit and pretty much questioning if they were even the better team. Shithead. Take your loss like a man.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/19447300/anaheim-ducks-dealing-worst-feeling-ouster

Nashville must have been the better team considering they limited him to points in only 2 of the 6 games...for a total of 4...all of which were assists...one of which was on an empty netter. But keep crying, Getz-laughed-at.

Also, this stupid crap was created by an idiot Ducks fan who doesn't understand the rules. Seriously, "accurately calling a ref a rooster vacuum". Right. Call an MLB umpire a cocksucker, and you are instantly thrown out of the game. It's not even negotiable. It's called having class.

https://www.gofundme.com/3t8p508

Perry should have also been fined OR even given a 3 game suspension from pulling away from the ref like he did. States it CLEARLY in the god damn rule book as well!! I think the Ducks should have a nice long hard talk with the Lightning who went 7 games for EVERY single playoff game leading up to the cup and didn't bitch about not resting enough. What a bunch of sour ass cry babies. I think we found the Crybaby Millenials of the NHL.
This right here. When I saw that I was thinking the same thing. After all, they tagged someone for the exact same thing earlier in the season (a Coyotes player I think) and Perry's was a thousand times worse. The one earlier in the year just broke the hold and skated away, Perry looked like he broke the hold and kept coming forward.

This right here. When I saw that I was thinking the same thing. After all, they tagged someone for the exact same thing earlier in the season (a Coyotes player I think) and Perry's was a thousand times worse. The one earlier in the year just broke the hold and skated away, Perry looked like he broke the hold and kept coming forward.
Anthony DeAngelo. Always had discipline problems with the Lightning.

Video is in the article. Look at his and then Look at Perry's. Perry's is worse and he kept coming back. But you know, STAR PLAYER AND PLAYOFFS!! ZOMG, NOTHING!!

It's fucking ridiculous, One pull, second one he breaks away from the ref, comes right back to fight and tries again to. real free and then once again he makes the ref break the hold on his jersey. I know it's playoff hockey, but get a gripe NHL. That should be an automatic abuse of an official. No Ifs and or buts about it.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/potential-corey-perry-suspension-incoming

http://www.fiveforhowling.com/platform/amp/2017/1/1/14142204/anthony-deangelo-arizona-coyotes-suspended-three-games-physical-abuse-of-officials

And the dumbest part about all of it was this was when the Ducks had 6 players on the ice to the Preds 4. It starts with Perry cross checking Fiddler out of nowhere. Then Fiddler gets grabbed by Kesler, and Perry tries to punch Fiddler in the face while he's tangled up with Kesler. I'd love to know when trying to gang jump somebody became "playoff hockey".

But yeah, the ref separates Fiddler and Perry shortly after that, has both of them by the jersey, and Perry throws the refs arm away to "skate away"...before immediately turning back and going at Fiddler again. The ref gets him by the jersey again, and again, Perry grabs his arm, throwing it downward, and throws a jab at Fiddler's face.

Instead of telling the officials to not affect the outcome of a series by punishing star players, they need to start telling star players not to blow the series by doing something stupid and getting thrown out. That's how it works in other sports.

I'll be on tonight after the Wife and I go watch Baywatch. Probably around 930 to 10 ish. Also, looks like The Culling is bringing Battle Royale to Xbox One June 2nd.

Seems split down the middle with the reviews though. I just need to scratch that Battle Royale itch. I picked up a ps4 thinking maybe H1Z1 was released. Boy, I did not do my research!! lol. But a 1 TB Ps4 for 150 off Letgo doesn't come around that often and it was in great condition. So I figured, why not. Just a matter of finding games I like on it now.

Anthony DeAngelo. Always had discipline problems with the Lightning.

Video is in the article. Look at his and then Look at Perry's. Perry's is worse and he kept coming back. But you know, STAR PLAYER AND PLAYOFFS!! ZOMG, NOTHING!!
Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. It is ridiculous that Perry didn't get anything for it. The Ducks have been so protected by the league for a few years now. Sure Vermette got the suspension earlier this year, but every year in the playoffs they are allowed to get away with everything without any repercussions.

I'll be on tonight after the Wife and I go watch Baywatch. Probably around 930 to 10 ish. Also, looks like The Culling is bringing Battle Royale to Xbox One June 2nd.
You'll have to post how Baywatch is. My girlfriend and I were thinking about going to see that sometime this weekend (although part of me feels like I should just skip it this weekend since I'm already going to games 4 and 5 of the Griffins.

I'd hold off for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. The Culling apparently had some big changes on PC that ruined the game and everybody abandoned it. See for yourself.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/437220/The_Culling/
I've read a lot of hate on The Culling on reddit.... But depending on the price I feel like I'll have to check it out if the price is right.

Seems split down the middle with the reviews though. I just need to scratch that Battle Royale itch. I picked up a ps4 thinking maybe H1Z1 was released. Boy, I did not do my research!! lol. But a 1 TB Ps4 for 150 off Letgo doesn't come around that often and it was in great condition. So I figured, why not. Just a matter of finding games I like on it now.
Damn that's a good deal. If Horizon: Zero Dawn is your type of game I definitely recommend checking that out. The game is easily one of the best looking games I have ever played. I've been meaning to get back into it, but so far I really like it. Planetside 2 is another fun one, but I'm not sure how active the community is online now. I mostly only use my PS4 for the exclusives.

Picked up Friday the 13th for $15 after using my Currency and apparently $5 credit. Not bad at all. I hope they can fix the servers soon though.

After Brandon went to bed last night, Alan and I played a few more rounds of Rocket League. None better than this crazy game where we were losing 4-0 with under 2 minutes left. Naturally, the team we were playing started acting douchey and spamming the quick chat. But they would soon regret that.

My recording didn't capture the entire comeback (and for some reason, Alan's mic recorded great, but mine was super quiet), but it starts with us pulling within 4-2 with 1:00 left on the clock. Everything that happened after that just got better and better. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mphyf0Umss

How are you all doing? Been a while since I've stopped in.

How's the game been this year? Haven't really played that much.

My God, well I guess the NHL isn't even trying to hide who they want to win. Waving that Preds goal off was complete bullshit. Ruled a good goal on the ice, no conclusive evidence at all that it was offside...still overturned.

A couple minutes later Pittsburgh gets gifted a 5 on 3...while Crosby flattens Ekholm away from the play with no call. fucking ridiculous.

Preds are rattled now. Not sure if they can pull it together in this one.

bread's done
Back