Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw on slickdeals that The Room for Android is on sale in the google play store for 50¢. Not related to psvr per se, but I was recommending it to purbeast and others that enjoyed Statik. It’s easily worth the price if you like puzzles/escape room stuff

Could someone please give me an idea of what exactly you do in The Inpatient?

Is it anything like the original Until Dawn (non-VR) game?

Is it like The Invisible Hours where you mainly just walk around talking to people?

Is it a horror game like Resident Evil 7?

Is there any action / fighting / gunplay etc.?

It's a cinematic horror experience. Without giving too much away, there are prompts and you have to walk from point A to point B. It's similar to Until Dawn, but it's a bit more basic and passive in its execution. It's closer along the lines of Paranormal Activity or Don't Knock Twice than RE7.

Pretty sure I’ll be picking up all three VR games from the flash sale with my far cry 5 20% off coupon. Comes to less than $40 after tax

That dying reborn bundle has been as cheap as $4.99, $2.49 with ps+. I remember passing on it for $2.49 because the reviews were so bad. Same can be said for all of the games by Oasis Games Limited. I think all of their games have been as low as $.99 each individually and I’ve passed on all but one because of horrible reviews. The one game I bought of theirs was Pixel Gear, which received somewhat moderate reviews.

Can someone tell me how you redeem these 20% voucher codes?  I'm trying to purchase AZ Sunshine right now but have no clue where to enter the code.  I'm trying from my PC btw not on the console, so if that is necessary let me know.

EDIT:

HERP DERP nevermind...

How does teleporting in The Invisible Hours work? Do you aim where you want to go with the controller, or do you aim with your head? I prefer free motion, but I thought Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV using head tracking to aim where I wanted to go worked well. It feels more natural. Just look where you want to go, and press the teleport button.

The Invisible Hours kind of being something you just watch isn't that off-putting. I played Archangel for a bit, and I was more intrigued by the opening cinematics than the gameplay. A VR movie seems like something to check out.

How does teleporting in The Invisible Hours work? Do you aim where you want to go with the controller, or do you aim with your head? I prefer free motion, but I thought Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV using head tracking to aim where I wanted to go worked well. It feels more natural. Just look where you want to go, and press the teleport button.

The Invisible Hours kind of being something you just watch isn't that off-putting. I played Archangel for a bit, and I was more intrigued by the opening cinematics than the gameplay. A VR movie seems like something to check out.
The Invisible Hours is the ultimate walking sim. I don't remember how I moved around but I do remember it being extremely convenient because you zoom around the mansion at breakneck speeds all the time in order to follow multiple story threads that are all occurring at the same time.

I guess I’m not getting anything from the flash sale after all. Sony gave me a bogus 20% off code from the far cry 5 thing. It’s only 10 digits long. Checked on mobile and desktop, both the same :(
Now I can’t bring myself to pay more since I’d already been counting on using the code. I guess I’ll just continue to wait for an even better sale

The codes are supposed to only be 10 digits long.  I had trouble at first figuring out how to enter them too but I found it.  It's when you are in the cart before clicking checkout, there is a link that says something like "enter 10 digit voucher code" or something and it opens up a little input field.  This was from my laptop and not on PS4 though.

The code works but it’s not in the redeem code section. It’s during the checkout process as during that Sony will ask if you have any coupon codes.

I guess I’m not getting anything from the flash sale after all. Sony gave me a bogus 20% off code from the far cry 5 thing. It’s only 10 digits long. Checked on mobile and desktop, both the same :(
Now I can’t bring myself to pay more since I’d already been counting on using the code. I guess I’ll just continue to wait for an even better sale
The discount codes are 10 digits. You put them in on the checkout screen.

Wish I didn't buy AZ Sunshine yesterday, even for $13.  It's just boring and the graphics are pretty damn bad in that game.  It's also a bit clunky with the Aim controller and the tracking is kinda eh.  I personally don't think it should even be compared to Farpoint, they aren't even in the same league.  I played it for like 45 mins total so far and I doubt I'll play it again.

My 20% code definitely did not work yesterday. I tried it a few times. This morning I redeemed some codes from the live.playstation site for some god of war avatars and noticed they were 12 digit, which I why I posted earlier that my 20% was bad because it was only 10 digits. Thanks to you guys’ responses I tried it again and for some weird reason it was valid. Then AFTER it worked I came back to post and saw purbeast’s post about az sunshine and now I’m not sure if I’m happy or sad that it worked

Well it's all a matter of opinion with AZ Sunshine.  I definitely think that some people who talk about VR games in general give them a few positive points just because they are VR, or let some things slide because it's a VR game that would bother them if it was a non-VR game.  It's like a VR bias kind of when talking about liking games or not. 

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm not like that.  I'm more of a realist about games and if they are bad games to me, regardless of me owning them or how much I paid for it, I won't hide the fact that I don't like it.

I found a review for The Invisible Hours that explains how teleporting works. If you play with a dualshock you aim where you want to teleport to with your head. If you play with a pair of Move controllers you aim with one of the Moves. And the reviewer said even though you can pick up items with the Move controllers he used the dualshock more often because teleporting with head tracking seemed to move him along faster.

I'm going to give it a shot. It's under $10 after the Far Cry 5 20% off PSN code. It gets 5x Sony Rewards points. And it seems to be an easy platinum. I don't usually think of trophies when buying a game, but I'm five platinums away from getting 1000 Sony Rewards points, and one gold away from getting 250 points.

Now I just need to see if there is anything else I want to toss in with the 20% off. I see Ancient Amuletor has some new $3.00 dlc.

The review I found.

https://youtu.be/9xp32GKt-zI

Wish I didn't buy AZ Sunshine yesterday, even for $13. It's just boring and the graphics are pretty damn bad in that game. It's also a bit clunky with the Aim controller and the tracking is kinda eh. I personally don't think it should even be compared to Farpoint, they aren't even in the same league. I played it for like 45 mins total so far and I doubt I'll play it again.
I don't think anyone ever compared Arizona Sunshine to Farpoint, at least not in a way that would make them seem like they are equally good. It's pretty common knowledge that Arizona Sunshine is not on the same level as Farpoint.

AZ Sunshine definitely isn't a great game, but it is kind of mindless fun. Actually looking down the sights of a rifle as you take off zombie heads is a VR experience that many people would find worthwhile, even if the game isn't the greatest.

I might be the one guilty of that comparison, if only because of the 'Aim' connection. But then, you've already played RE7 and Farpoint so it's hard to go backwards. Stick with it, it's a fun survival experience with huge scale. Believe me, it can't be any worse than the Brookhaven Experiment. On a scale of Farpoint to Brookhaven, Arizona falls somewhere in the middle.

I'm beginning to realize there's a hierarchy to VR games and you have to play the shitty ones first before you spoil yourself with the (rare) exceptional titles. Which is why I'm saving RE7 for later (and not because I'm scared 8-[).

With AZ Sunshine I definitely feel like the devs dumbed it down a bit to make it more palatable for the VR community as a whole, after all, it was one of the very first true FPS games to release after the Oculus came out and wasn't ported to the PS4 until later. 

Despite the PS2 style graphics and simplistic concepts, I still took away a few awe-inspiring moments from it. Walking along the canyon cliffs and observing the scale of it was memorable, as were a couple of the scenes near the end of the game that I won't mention for spoiler purposes. Didn't have the wow factor of RE7 or even Rush of Blood, but for the 20 bucks I paid it was well worth it to be able to snipe zombies with a scope in VR if nothing else. The fact that the devs took the time to add Aim compatibility and patched the game after it initially released all fucked up (the shaky tracking) to fix their mistake is commendable.  

I just finished a playthrough in The Invisible Hours. It's a pretty neat game. Though there's not much of a game to it. You just watch scenes play out, and pick up files/clues around the mansion. Still, watching a CG movie in VR where you can go anywhere is a cool, new experience. I'm going to continue playing it to see what scenes I missed. It was a good purchase from the flash sale.

I played with Move controllers. Aiming the teleport with them was fine because I mostly just wanted to teleport in front of my view. I rarely had to aim the Move controller because my hand was usually in a good position.

A funny thing is for the first ten minutes I wished the game instead put movement controls in my right hand, and time manipulation controls in my left hand. Then I realized my hand representations on screen were just Move-like devices. Swapping the Move controllers between my hands changed the controls to what I preferred.

Killing Floor Incursion looks pretty fun, can anyone recommend any of the VR games that just went on sale? Carnival Games, Mervils, Or Eve.

Still working on the list, but here's what is on sale this week:

Accounting+ - $10.19 - 15% Off - $8.39 - 30% Off - Ends 4/24

Carnival Games VR - $17.39 - 13% Off - $14.79 - 26% Off - Ends 4/24

Cold Iron - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Dirt Rally - PlayStation VR Upgrade DLC - $9.09 - 30% Off - $5.19 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Dirt Rally Plus PlayStation VR Bundle - $41.99 - 40% Off - $13.99 - 80% Off - Ends 4/24

Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - $22.49 - 25% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Gunjack - $3.49 - 30% Off - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

The Invisible Hours - $22.49 - 25% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/24

Killing Floor: Inclusion - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 5/1

Light Tracer - $11.99 - 20% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Raw Data - $31.99 - 20% Off - $23.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $38.99 - 35% Off - $17.99 - 70% Off - Ends 4/24

Space Rift: Episode 1 - $12.99 - 35% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 4/24

Sparc - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Sprint Vector - $23.99 - 20% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/24

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $34.99 - 30% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Statik - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

Virry VR: Feel the Wild - $6.99 - 30% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/24

The stuff I like most from this sale is Accounting+, Carnival Games VR (not at this inflated price), Gunjack, Mervils, Statik, and Virry VR.

How's Dirt Rally compared to Wipeout?

And what are the chances this sale lasts 2 days so i can get God of War also with the discount code?

for those of us who kept our cool and waited for the right time with our 20% off coupon....

WE DID IT BROS! ANOTHER BIG SALE
F yeah, man! Raw Data and Sprint Vector are looking good right now, though I'm regretting buying Sparc and Statik before at such an inflated price (still haven't cracked them open yet). Too bad Killing Floor: Incursion (preorder) isn't included.

In for Cold Iron. Almost bought it when it released, but glad I didn't since this deep sale didn't take long
Yup, I've been tempted to use my 20% off code on it and I'm so glad I didn't because I would have cat o' nine tails'd myself.

The stuff I like most from this sale is Accounting+, Carnival Games VR (not at this inflated price), Gunjack, Mervils, Statik, and Virry VR.
YES on Accounting+ and NO on Virry VR (even when it was discounted to $1.99).

for those of us who kept our cool and waited for the right time with our 20% off coupon....

WE DID IT BROS! ANOTHER BIG SALE
Meh...nothing much on there that I don't already own or that I want. I'd get Accounting Plus, but that's not much of a discount.

I guess I'm waiting one more week before either using my coupon or giving it away.

How’s Mervils and Space Rift? Leaning yes on Mervils no on Space Rift. PSVR without Parole liked them but they seem to love every game.

Just placed an order for Wipeout Omega over at Best Buy. Even got the $1 off for store pickup and will pickup tomorrow after work. Now I’m glad gamestop is horrible and didnt have any sealed copies because it saved me $8. But it really hurts to see the Inpatient on sale for so cheap. I would have rather paid the couple extra bucks for the physical copy at Best Buy than to pay $13 for digital

I think Wipeout was the only VR game in the sale that I’ve been wanting to get. I think there was only one other game I didn’t have from the sale and it’s the EVE game. Anybody have opinions on that one?

There are some price drops for a number of PSVR games on PSN, so apologies to those that bought them recently on sale just under these prices:

Driveclub VR - $14.99 - 25% Off

Gran Turismo Sport - $39.99 - 33% Off

Gran Turismo Sport Digital Deluxe Edition - $49.99 - 38% Off

The Inpatient - $19.99 - 50% Off

PlayStation VR Worlds - $14.99 - 25% Off

Rigs Mechanized Combat League - $19.99 - 33% Off

StarBlood Arena - $14.99 - 25% Off

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $14.99 - 25% Off

Wipeout Omega Collection - $19.99 - 50% Off

bread's done
Back