Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon had it for a glitch price of $20 for a very short while.
Yea. Just saw it on slick deals. Damn. Mad I missed it. I to would also like a code it anyone is selling theirs. Really want to play this on PS VR this week, but naturally, Im going to be short on funds after the VR purchase.

Well I just looked at my order and it changed to arriving tomorrow by 8PM
I checked my Best buy and they tried to authorize a payment (best buy card)but it failed. The Preorder was before the new chip card they sent so anyone that preordered make sure the new card is in play.

Anyone who played batman vr give me their impressions on the game? Interested in it but not sure if I want to pay the 20 buckaroos

So far batman was the only demo I played and it was enough to solidify me keeping my pre order. I only did the demo which consists of basically going into the bat cave, putting on the bat suit, and testing some of the weapons. All I can say is wow. I was so mesmerized and wanted to just look all over the bat cave. Everything worked perfectly well for me, even the move controllers. I am absolutely ordering batman and cannot wait to dive back in.

I checked my Best buy and they tried to authorize a payment (best buy card)but it failed. The Preorder was before the new chip card they sent so anyone that preordered make sure the new card is in play.
Had a similar problem and it took a an hour to fix it over the phone (fun times). My authorization went through though it's not showing up on as a temp authorization. Would love to get it a day early but I rarely do with BB orders.

So far batman was the only demo I played and it was enough to solidify me keeping my pre order. I only did the demo which consists of basically going into the bat cave, putting on the bat suit, and testing some of the weapons. All I can say is wow. I was so mesmerized and wanted to just look all over the bat cave. Everything worked perfectly well for me, even the move controllers. I am absolutely ordering batman and cannot wait to dive back in.
Sounds neat. I guess I'll wait till next week to see if I want rigs or not.

I'm almost convinced to keep my Pre-Order for the 499 version from bestbuy... I'm not sure I need it now, but it sounds like I might be able to have some fun with it for a month and sell it for not much of a loss.

Personally, I think the PS VR will have a tough time selling as a second hand device.  Simply because this is something that is sitting on your face.  It's one thing buying a used game system or controller, but putting something up against your face that was up against someone else's for an extended amount of time?  Even if you cleaned it, there still may be some hesitation.  So, I wouldn't recommend getting this thinking you can play and it and resell it.  You will definitely be able to resell it, but I don't you'll take a bigger loss on the resale than you think you will.  

Well a bunch of people are going to start posting they got there eve Valkyrie code as well I guess. Send me a friend request for ps vr related multiplayer games like this:
angrypolarbear15
We cags should all squad up some time.

Well a bunch of people are going to start posting they got there eve Valkyrie code as well I guess. Send me a friend request for ps vr related multiplayer games like this:
angrypolarbear15
CAG air pilot reporting in

Noobcore if anyone wants to add me

angrypolarbear15
Where's cag6 when you need him? He could organize us a clan like it's 1999.

Alright I just ran through the posts under my last one and sent a friend request to anyone that listed their psn name or expressed interest in some sort of CAG group for psvr (who also had an easy to find psn). (The request should have come from angrypolarbear15). I'll probably make some sort of CAG vr group at some point once I get everyone's names together, so if you want in post your psn name, tell me if its in your sig, (I'm almost always on mobile so I can't see those), or better yet save me the trouble and send me (angrypolarbear15) a friend request.

Is there a way to tell if PSVR is required versus virtual reality just being an available game mode? I don't plan to buy a PSVR time year, but Until Dawn: Rush of Blood looks like it would be a fun diversion without the VR headset.

I do believe Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is PSVR required. 

My PSN is the same as my s/n 

How much of a difference is the ps4pro supposed to make for the psvr? Is it only some games or across the board with them?

How much of a difference is the ps4pro supposed to make for the psvr? Is it only some games or across the board with them?
PS4 Pro improvements are entirely developer driven. It was announced today that Thumper is getting 4k support and improved rendering for PSVR and I'd wager that most of the Sony stuff (Until Dawn, Rigs, etc.) will see patches as well. At this point I think PS4 Pro is even a thing because Sony was able to get a process set up that was really easy for developers to manage. I imagine devs are effectively raising the sliders on performance, testing it, then compiling it as a setting for PS4 Pro or PS4 Pro VR. That means most games (even VR) will likely see patches.

Hoping maybe someone may be able to provide me with some perspective:  For anyone who has ever ridden (and got motion sick from) Mission Space at Walt Disney World, how did you do with psvr?  I cannot even think about riding that ride after how sick it made me the last time I rode it.  I'm wondering if vr may have the same effect because your brain is tricked into thinking your body is moving.

Also, anyone who ordered valkyrie from amazon not get a code yet?

Yea...  I did not get motion sick from Mission Space...

But I would assume Mission Space is an entirely different experience...  It spins like crazy... so your body is probably RIGHT in telling you that you should be sick.  

Probably a better comparision - How did you do with Soarin'?  You are basically in a VR experience there, without moving. 

Thanks Simpsonps121.  Sad, but I had no idea that we were actually moving on mission space.  I rode it once and that was enough for a lifetime.  I do fine with Soarin.  I wonder if it may be because the room is so open though.  Side note:  29 days and counting until we go to WDW!  

I was actually wondering if the second hand market may be full of people with either buyers remorse or Motion Sickness problems right after launch.

Also, for anyone looking to add people:  I'm CJACKN1 on psn.  Hoping I actually get my code.  Then comes the part where I have to decide if I'm buying one right away (against my better judgment). 

Anyone who played batman vr give me their impressions on the game? Interested in it but not sure if I want to pay the 20 buckaroos
Great experience but very short but worth $20 but sportsbar vr looks so fun and more replay value. Batman is best to show off psvr.

Hoping maybe someone may be able to provide me with some perspective: For anyone who has ever ridden (and got motion sick from) Mission Space at Walt Disney World, how did you do with psvr? I cannot even think about riding that ride after how sick it made me the last time I rode it. I'm wondering if vr may have the same effect because your brain is tricked into thinking your body is moving.

Yes and redeemed

Hoping maybe someone may be able to provide me with some perspective: For anyone who has ever ridden (and got motion sick from) Mission Space at Walt Disney World, how did you do with psvr? I cannot even think about riding that ride after how sick it made me the last time I rode it. I'm wondering if vr may have the same effect because your brain is tricked into thinking your body is moving.

FYI they're doing a full court retail press on demo units. I would advise you to try one out and see how your body handles it. It'll be different for everyone. The first thing I did when demoing Eve Valkyrie was try to make myself motion sick and I was fine.

I kinda of want to have a frind spin me back and forth in an office chair while playing Eve. Simulate some of the G'e and see how it feels lol.

FYI they're doing a full court retail press on demo units. I would advise you to try one out and see how your body handles it. It'll be different for everyone. The first thing I did when demoing Eve Valkyrie was try to make myself motion sick and I was fine.
best advice ever. If you're gonna drop 4-500 dollars it's worth the hour trip to your closes Best Buy/Gamestop to check it out and see how your body reacts. I'd even suggest making sure you try something with motion like Rigs or Eve to see the more intense end of the spectrum.

Here's the rest of the requested stock numbers. First is Launch bundle total.

20 - 14/12

21 - 10/10

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

291 - 18/28

1538 - 4/4

188 - 36/50

308 - 6/20

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

532 - 12/16

Thanks Tyrok

First is the launch bundle?  I thought stores were getting more bundles than cores for some reason.

does anyone know how many preorders dell had for the

VR? seems like it only lasted for ten minutes.
It couldn't have been too many. I was refreshing the site every second starting a few minutes before 11:00AM ET.

At 11:00, I saw the deal go live and it was already at 69% redeemed. Then I clicked Add to Cart and it said it was sold out. The deal was live for literally 5 seconds before it ended

It couldn't have been too many. I was refreshing the site every second starting a few minutes before 11:00AM ET.

At 11:00, I saw the deal go live and it was already at 69% redeemed. Then I clicked Add to Cart and it said it was sold out. The deal was live for literally 5 seconds before it ended
This is correct same thing happened to me. I'm sure if I should try and get a launch bundle at BBY at their midnight opening.

Regarding reviews:

Push Square believes its revolutionary. Hard not to think there's some fanboy-ism in the review.

Kotaku seems to be pretty low on it. I sensed some
(unfair) comparisons to Oculus and Vive.

The review I trust the most is having hands on time with it at Best Buy. Blew my freaking mind. I dunno- maybe it's geared towards casual gamers who don't know or can't afford Oculus or casual gamers that don't care they are being mostly sold tech demos but it still blew my mind so I don't care call me casual.

I think the Star Wars Battlefront Mission will seal the deal for me, practically every news outlet (gaming or otherwise) were blown away by the mission and that's saying something considering how polarizing the main Battlefront game is to some people. Yeah it's only a mission but between that, Until Dawn, RE7, Rez, and some PS Worlds stuff there's enough at launch window to warrant this for me.

The comparisons to Kinect don't bother me. I loved Kinect, just took a learning curve to "master" it. You had to be willing to accept some of it's limitations and use that to your advantage. Kinect may have been a gimmick but it was a gimmick that gave me rewarding gaming expieriences for several years. If PSVR gives me two years of great fun then it's worth it to me even if it's eventually is abandoned.

Can anyone help me with some info please.

I have two ps vr preorders.

1 Core @Amazon paid completely off with gift cards. Says Shipping Oct 11th
1 Launch Bundle @Bestbuy. (A gift for a friend)

I have a question about the Best Buy one. I thought I might have a issue with the card I preordered with, but wasn't completely sure so I left it alone. It's gone through the Processing step and is now on the Preparing step. Does this mean it went through? Or is there still a chance it could get held up? I'm trying to avoid a shipping delay.

Thanks for the link.  Seems like most PSVR games are digital only.

So which launch games is everyone getting?

I'd like to preorder some PS VR games on PSN, but it seems like you can't! Thumper I was able to buy just now, but that's not exclusively VR anyway. 

Thanks for the link. Seems like most PSVR games are digital only.

So which launch games is everyone getting?
Probably just Batman for starters. I'm getting the bundle so I'll have the PS Worlds disc. And there seem to be a bunch of other free demos and downloads etc, so I might wait for Black Friday deals before getting anything else. I can see some of these $20 games being $10.

bread's done
Back