Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I've been on the phone with my local Best Buy store for 30+ minutes trying to find out if they are taking pre-orders.  It took them 15 minutes just to find out if they are doing a midnight release or not (which they are not).

Then I asked the woman if they are taking pre-orders and she said I would need to do it through the website.  I told her the site won't let me order one so she asked me for the SKU number.  After a few minutes, she came back saying that it won't let her pre-order one either and she doesn't know why.  Instead of finding out, she was just going to leave it at that until I asked if I could come in to pre-order one.  Now I've been on hold for another 10+ minutes.

Edit: After about 35 minutes and speaking with 3 different people, someone finally told me that they are sold out.  So I asked him if I could pre-order if I came into the store and he put me on hold for another couple of minutes, then came back and said they are backed up on pre-orders so it would be impossible.  I don't entirely believe he knew what he was talking about, but it looks like I won't be getting one.

Can anyone help me with some info please.

I have two ps vr preorders.

1 Core @Amazon paid completely off with gift cards. Says Shipping Oct 11th
1 Launch Bundle @Bestbuy. (A gift for a friend)

I have a question about the Best Buy one. I thought I might have a issue with the card I preordered with, but wasn't completely sure so I left it alone. It's gone through the Processing step and is now on the Preparing step. Does this mean it went through? Or is there still a chance it could get held up? I'm trying to avoid a shipping delay.
My Best Buy pre order is also listed as preparing. I had to change credit cards as the initial pre order was reserved with a now invalid card, but it looks like the charge went through. I keep hoping it will ship soon so that it will be received on launch day but I suspect now it may not ship until launch day. I should've stuck with my amazon pre order to guarantee launch day delivery. Oh well. Live and learn.

Getting drive club, figure there's a lot lf replay with a driving game and minot use of tracking. Batman just because it looks cool and with amazon prime discount isn't That expensive and should show off the vr alot. Grabbed Eve because it was 20$ so I had to as it's a top tier game for that cheap.

I am considering Rez but want to see the demo first. Also hypercube whatever looks good but too pricey for me.

Here's the rest of the requested stock numbers. First is Launch bundle total.

20 - 14/12

21 - 10/10

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

291 - 18/28

1538 - 4/4

188 - 36/50

308 - 6/20

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

532 - 12/16
I haven't read through the jist of this thread, are these GS or Best Buy stock?

if BB, whats store 28?

thank you.

Getting drive club, figure there's a lot lf replay with a driving game and minot use of tracking. Batman just because it looks cool and with amazon prime discount isn't That expensive and should show off the vr alot. Grabbed Eve because it was 20$ so I had to as it's a top tier game for that cheap.
I am considering Rez but want to see the demo first. Also hypercube whatever looks good but too pricey for me.
Feel like Driveclub VR even more begs for a wheel than regular Driveclub. Glad I have a G29 ready to go. :D

20 - 14/12
21 - 10/10
596 - 20/34
1532 - 12/20
291 - 18/28
1538 - 4/4
188 - 36/50
308 - 6/20
596 - 20/34
1532 - 12/20
532 - 12/16
Can you check the stock for store 571?
Thx!!

My Best Buy pre order is also listed as preparing. I had to change credit cards as the initial pre order was reserved with a now invalid card, but it looks like the charge went through. I keep hoping it will ship soon so that it will be received on launch day but I suspect now it may not ship until launch day. I should've stuck with my amazon pre order to guarantee launch day delivery. Oh well. Live and learn.
Did they contact you to let you know about your card? Or was this something you changed yourself? If they contacted you when was it?

Did they contact you to let you know about your card? Or was this something you changed yourself? If they contacted you when was it?
I got an email over the weekend saying the credit card charge didn't go through and they gave me a limited time to change it or my order would be canceled. I changed it, everything updated, and within a few minutes my order went into the "preparing" stage. That's where it's been since Saturday. But I checked my credit card and the charge is on there.

My list of games are, I wish this was a Launch title Robinson: The Journey

Battlezone 

EVE: Valkyrie  got in on the $20 deal

Here They Lie

Rigs

going to wait on some others I'll check out demo disk first

20 - 14/12
21 - 10/10
596 - 20/34
1532 - 12/20
291 - 18/28
1538 - 4/4
188 - 36/50
308 - 6/20
596 - 20/34
1532 - 12/20
532 - 12/16
If you have time could you please look up store 867. Thank you

I got an email over the weekend saying the credit card charge didn't go through and they gave me a limited time to change it or my order would be canceled. I changed it, everything updated, and within a few minutes my order went into the "preparing" stage. That's where it's been since Saturday. But I checked my credit card and the charge is on there.

I'm guessing mine went through then. I haven't received any email or anything from them. Still you'll most likely still get it on launch. I've had games ship on Monday and arrive on Tuesday(release) with BB pretty regularly. That means the extra $530 I put in the bank for my debit card(back up) won't be needed. Maybe I'll pick up a few extra games then. I better wait a day or two to be safe.

Is anybody getting anything for storage of the headset? I've seen a few stands and storage cases. Personally I'm thinking about the $35 stand from Collective Minds. Holds the HMD, charges 2 Move controllers, and 2 Dualshock 4 controllers. I made some room for the processor unit today and also planned for how to run the wires. I'm looking for a permanent setup.

Thanks Simpsonps121. Sad, but I had no idea that we were actually moving on mission space. I rode it once and that was enough for a lifetime. I do fine with Soarin. I wonder if it may be because the room is so open though. Side note: 29 days and counting until we go to WDW!

I was actually wondering if the second hand market may be full of people with either buyers remorse or Motion Sickness problems right after launch.

Also, for anyone looking to add people: I'm CJACKN1 on psn. Hoping I actually get my code. Then comes the part where I have to decide if I'm buying one right away (against my better judgment).
Mission Space is literally a centrifuge. They toned it down when people were having major physical problems.

I'm guessing mine went through then. I haven't received any email or anything from them. Still you'll most likely still get it on launch. I've had games ship on Monday and arrive on Tuesday(release) with BB pretty regularly. That means the extra $530 I put in the bank for my debit card(back up) won't be needed. Maybe I'll pick up a few extra games then. I better wait a day or two to be safe.

Is anybody getting anything for storage of the headset? I've seen a few stands and storage cases. Personally I'm thinking about the $35 stand from Collective Minds. Holds the HMD, charges 2 Move controllers, and 2 Dualshock 4 controllers. I made some room for the processor unit today and also planned for how to run the wires. I'm looking for a permanent setup.
That's a good question. It doesn't come with any type of case to keep it in?

Is there a way to tell if PSVR is required versus virtual reality just being an available game mode? I don't plan to buy a PSVR time year, but Until Dawn: Rush of Blood looks like it would be a fun diversion without the VR headset.
Games say on the case whether or not PSVR is required. It is required for Until Dawn Rush of Blood because it was specifically made for it.

LOL, I've been on the phone with my local Best Buy store for 30+ minutes trying to find out if they are taking pre-orders. It took them 15 minutes just to find out if they are doing a midnight release or not (which they are not).

Then I asked the woman if they are taking pre-orders and she said I would need to do it through the website. I told her the site won't let me order one so she asked me for the SKU number. After a few minutes, she came back saying that it won't let her pre-order one either and she doesn't know why. Instead of finding out, she was just going to leave it at that until I asked if I could come in to pre-order one. Now I've been on hold for another 10+ minutes.

Edit: After about 35 minutes and speaking with 3 different people, someone finally told me that they are sold out. So I asked him if I could pre-order if I came into the store and he put me on hold for another couple of minutes, then came back and said they are backed up on pre-orders so it would be impossible. I don't entirely believe he knew what he was talking about, but it looks like I won't be getting one.
Dude, pre-orders everywhere completely sold out a while ago.........

LOL, I've been on the phone with my local Best Buy store for 30+ minutes trying to find out if they are taking pre-orders. It took them 15 minutes just to find out if they are doing a midnight release or not (which they are not).

Then I asked the woman if they are taking pre-orders and she said I would need to do it through the website. I told her the site won't let me order one so she asked me for the SKU number. After a few minutes, she came back saying that it won't let her pre-order one either and she doesn't know why. Instead of finding out, she was just going to leave it at that until I asked if I could come in to pre-order one. Now I've been on hold for another 10+ minutes.

Edit: After about 35 minutes and speaking with 3 different people, someone finally told me that they are sold out. So I asked him if I could pre-order if I came into the store and he put me on hold for another couple of minutes, then came back and said they are backed up on pre-orders so it would be impossible. I don't entirely believe he knew what he was talking about, but it looks like I won't be getting one.
There are no in store pre-orders. Simple as that

That's a good question. It doesn't come with any type of case to keep it in?
From my understanding that's a no. All the stands that have been in review videos is the separate $50 stand made by Power A. Which I believe is the official Playstation branded one. But I think the Collective Minds one is better and cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Collective-Minds-Showcase-Rapid-Charge-Display/dp/B01LYGCK1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476166862&sr=8-1&keywords=Ps+vr+stand

Also Ginger Junk, since BB didn't do in store preorders, going early on launch day could work at well for you. The website also shows a list of stores doing a midnight release. Hope that helps.

20 - 14/12

21 - 10/10

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

291 - 18/28

1538 - 4/4

188 - 36/50

308 - 6/20

596 - 20/34

1532 - 12/20

532 - 12/16
Can you see about Store 470 if you get the chance? Thanks in advance.

From my understanding that's a no. All the stands that have been in review videos is the separate $50 stand made by Power A. Which I believe is the official Playstation branded one. But I think the Collective Minds one is better and cheaper. https://www.amazon.com/Collective-Minds-Showcase-Rapid-Charge-Display/dp/B01LYGCK1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476166862&sr=8-1&keywords=Ps+vr+stand
Also Ginger Junk, since BB didn't do in store preorders, going early on launch day could work at well for you. The website also shows a list of stores doing a midnight release. Hope that helps.
Thanks! I may try going a few hours before the store opens. Hopefully that's early enough!

Wow! My BB was completely clueless. It tok almost 5 minutes for a sales girl to realize I was talking about a new Ps4 add on device. She seemed to have heard of it at some point in time, but was comletely clueless about its upcoming launch... and didn;t realize it was only days away.

She asked the store manager if they were going to have a demo unit on launch day set up, and e loked equally as clueless.. askinbg if it was the Occulous not once but twice!

I'm Elite, so I guess we'll just get the base unit since we already have move controllers and the ps4 camera, and if we dislike it for some reason just do a return on it. If we get any games at launch, we just won't open them till we try all the Worlds demos out.

Question: We never bought Star Wars Battlefront, but its pretty cheap right now. Has anyone seen how long or how replayable the star wars X Wing vr mission is? If its meaty and worth replaying with difficulty settings, it might be worth picking up.

I'm hoping we get some full vr game reviews befre launch so we know which titles are full and worth $60, and which are just striped down demos. Bettlezone sounds fun, BUT doesn't sound like it justifies a full $60 title.. super stardust vr might be a better purchase at 1/3rd the price.

I'd also like to know how much content is in Eve. Is it only a multiplayer mission thing, or is there a single player componant?

Wow! My BB was completely clueless. It tok almost 5 minutes for a sales girl to realize I was talking about a new Ps4 add on device. She seemed to have heard of it at some point in time, but was comletely clueless about its upcoming launch... and didn;t realize it was only days away.

She asked the store manager if they were going to have a demo unit on launch day set up, and e loked equally as clueless.. askinbg if it was the Occulous not once but twice!

I'm Elite, so I guess we'll just get the base unit since we already have move controllers and the ps4 camera, and if we dislike it for some reason just do a return on it. If we get any games at launch, we just won't open them till we try all the Worlds demos out.

Question: We never bought Star Wars Battlefront, but its pretty cheap right now. Has anyone seen how long or how replayable the star wars X Wing vr mission is? If its meaty and worth replaying with difficulty settings, it might be worth picking up.

I'm hoping we get some full vr game reviews befre launch so we know which titles are full and worth $60, and which are just striped down demos. Bettlezone sounds fun, BUT doesn't sound like it justifies a full $60 title.. super stardust vr might be a better purchase at 1/3rd the price.

I'd also like to know how much content is in Eve. Is it only a multiplayer mission thing, or is there a single player componant?
Red box was getting rid of SWB for like 8.00 not to long ago. I think 60 is a stretch. everybody wants eve Valkyrie at 20 even me. LOL the dagger hurts more every time someone says I got my code LOL

A lower price point makes it easier to overlook short comings.

Anyone get shipping notice from BB yet? Like others, I preordered so long ago my CC info needed updating but before that the product page was promising release date delivery. I'd expect to see shipping notices if that remains the case so hopefully people start getting notified soon.

8z4TRe4.jpg

My VR is out for delivery today!!!! Hopefully I am able to get it before my apartment buildings office closes, of course this is the one day I can't leave work early too!

Red box was getting rid of SWB for like 8.00 not to long ago. I think 60 is a stretch. everybody wants eve Valkyrie at 20 even me. LOL the dagger hurts more every time someone says I got my code LOL

A lower price point makes it easier to overlook short comings.
Looks like its still 8.99 at redbox.. I have one a few miles away.. I might see if they have it. The dlc is still way too high for my tastes on it.. maybe there will be a holiday sale making it worth adding. But $8.99 for the vr mission is great, IF it has some challenge and replayability.

Looks like its still 8.99 at redbox.. I have one a few miles away.. I might see if they have it. The dlc is still way too high for my tastes on it.. maybe there will be a holiday sale making it worth adding. But $8.99 for the vr mission is great, IF it has some challenge and replayability.
Honestly, I think it's going to be unbelievable and amazing but not very replayable other than the embarrassing admission that getting in an X-Wing is not going to get old for some fans.

My VR is out for delivery today!!!! Hopefully I am able to get it before my apartment buildings office closes, of course this is the one day I can't leave work early too!
Who did you order from?

I too won one from Taco Bell, but I am very torn. I have no PS4 and my PC is very VR-ready.  Desperately want to try out this thing but I have no clue if I want to invest the $$$ in buying a PS4. Any tips to deals? I've bypassed a few of them in the past couple weeks, sadly.

Yea... I did not get motion sick from Mission Space...

But I would assume Mission Space is an entirely different experience... It spins like crazy... so your body is probably RIGHT in telling you that you should be sick.

Probably a better comparision - How did you do with Soarin'? You are basically in a VR experience there, without moving.
Mission Space left me rubber legged and I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to harfing up breakfast. I still did my part during the mission though. Gotta push through for the good of the team!

20 - 14/12
21 - 10/10
596 - 20/34
1532 - 12/20
291 - 18/28
1538 - 4/4
188 - 36/50
308 - 6/20
596 - 20/34
1532 - 12/20
532 - 12/16
Not sure if you're still offering to check, but if you are, would you mind checking 1198 and 774?

Thanks either way for helping us out.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Alright, I'm probably gonna sit down and make the CAG psvr community today. Anyone have any clever name ideas or should I just try and come up with some silly pun or something?

My PSVR Core has arrived. It's a shame that I am stuck at work until 6 though! WWE 2K17 is also ready for pick-up, so it's looking to be an eventful evening for me.

bread's done
Back