Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the newer Move controllers in the Launch Bundle have different charging ports? Or are they the same as before(like the ps3)?

Just sitting here waiting on UPS, I should have four packages coming. My BB launch bundle(gift for a friend), Amazon core vr, my daughter Halloween costume, and my sons costume. Lol

How does it seem like so many people from CAG win the taco bell contests every year? Usually I don't play, because I never win anything like that. But I got a code this year and have been using the free code. Still no luck.

What headphones is everyone using with the PSVR?  I don't like the earbuds.

When I went to pick up the device, they had it on a table with other accessories and games.  I thought the headphones they had were only $40, but I can't find any for that price on their website.

I think they had the Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 350VR Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation VR, but these are listed for 80 on their site.

Is there anything cheaper I can use?

First time poster long time lurker. I've had the PSVR since Tuesday. I was one of the winners of the Taco Bell giveaway and my impressions of PSVR is their is a ton of potential in VR but in it's current state it's a bit of a let down. Part of my feelings on this could be my expectations were pretty high as far as graphics and resolution and I was expecting to see what I get on my tv translated to the headset and its not quite like that. The resolution is much lower and this is very evident when you try to watch VR videos. The games that seem to best utilize VR are games that are stylized like REZ and Thumper, and also games that don't strive for realism. Batman was a good experience but pretty short. I finished it in about an hour and a half and that was with taking my time. RIGS seems to have a lot of potential but it's hard to say if it has staying power. I might purchase EVE because that game seems to translate well to VR. Overall there is definitely a novelty effect where after a while you don't feel the urge to rush back to it. I think that could be due more to not having a game that I feel like I just have to play to get back in to that world. So far most of the things Ive tried are quite short. I think the prices of the VR games needs to come down a bit. Battlezone was fun while playing the demo but I dont think there is enough there to justify spending 60 bucks. The game I'm actually excited for is Farpoint. I'll also be picking up a Pro so I'll be curious to see if that can increase the image quality. Long story short the potential is definitely there but I think depending on your expectations you might be let down.  I'm hoping games like Farpoint and Robinson can give me that world I'm looking for. I've got my fingers crossed.

can anyone who has the headset see if the resident evil 7 beginning hour demo is playable in vr? Not the kitchen, the one that came out in e3 

What headphones is everyone using with the PSVR? I don't like the earbuds.

When I went to pick up the device, they had it on a table with other accessories and games. I thought the headphones they had were only $40, but I can't find any for that price on their website.

I think they had the Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 350VR Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation VR, but these are listed for 80 on their site.

Is there anything cheaper I can use?
I've actually been using my xbox one stereo headset and it's just big enough to fit over the VR headset. Definitely use a decent pair of headphones with it. It really increases the immersion.

Anyone who preordered from Walmart get a shipping notice or better yet receive their unit? Mine shows as processing "has shipped or will ship soon" and I have no option to cancel. Tempted to buy it from Amazon but wondering what is up with my WM order and how difficult it will be to cancel?

Can anyone speak to the quality of the PSVR versus, say, the HTC Vive? My PC is a hundred times beefier than my PS4 and while I always had great expectations of VR, the Vive experience is what made me an evangelist. I don't expect it to be as good, but at least comparable.

I guess I'll know later tonight when Amazon decides to deliver my bundle, but if anyone else can speak to this, I'd love to hear opinions.

Can anyone speak to the quality of the PSVR versus, say, the HTC Vive? My PC is a hundred times beefier than my PS4 and while I always had great expectations of VR, the Vive experience is what made me an evangelist. I don't expect it to be as good, but at least comparable.

I guess I'll know later tonight when Amazon decides to deliver my bundle, but if anyone else can speak to this, I'd love to hear opinions.
If you compare this to the Vive in any way other than comfort, you're just going to be disappointed. They aren't fair comparisons.

Can anyone speak to the quality of the PSVR versus, say, the HTC Vive? My PC is a hundred times beefier than my PS4 and while I always had great expectations of VR, the Vive experience is what made me an evangelist. I don't expect it to be as good, but at least comparable.

I have Vive, Rift, Gear Vr, and I tried the PSVR at best buys a few months ago.

What stood out the most to me was PSVR had no screen door effect. On the Vive you see circles from the lenses, and on the rift you see dots. In the 15 minutes I got to test the PSVR I so neither of these annoying artifacts.

Also getting my amazon unit tonight!

Anyone having trouble getting it to look clear? Seems to be blurry no matter how I position it.
Try moving it up and down a bit. You can also adjust it with the bottom button underneath to move it closer or further away. There will be a bit of blurriness no matter what around your peripheral vision. It should be clear when you focus on the center. Don't expect it to be 1080p crystal clear. Think more 720p or close to that.

Can we get some testimonials on playing regular ps4 games in cinematic mode
Nothing really outstanding, because the resolution is so low and blurry. I don't have the best eyesight as it is, and the hassle of putting on a headset (giving me hat hair), closing off the ears with the earplugs, does not seem worth the effort.

If you're expecting to be like sitting in front of an IMAX screen, you'll be sorely disappointed.

Im assuming the experience is similar to Samsung gear.  A seated experience, with move controllers, rather than the HTC Vive experience. I cant justifying spending $400 on this, when Vive is clearly more technically advanced. I have a Vive and while its fun, and the tech is cool. There aren't more than 1-2 AAA experiences to be found. Once VR matures it may be worth the price of a console. Im gonna go 4k this fall

First time poster long time lurker. I've had the PSVR since Tuesday. I was one of the winners of the Taco Bell giveaway and my impressions of PSVR is their is a ton of potential in VR but in it's current state it's a bit of a let down. Part of my feelings on this could be my expectations were pretty high as far as graphics and resolution and I was expecting to see what I get on my tv translated to the headset and its not quite like that. The resolution is much lower and this is very evident when you try to watch VR videos. The games that seem to best utilize VR are games that are stylized like REZ and Thumper, and also games that don't strive for realism. Batman was a good experience but pretty short. I finished it in about an hour and a half and that was with taking my time. RIGS seems to have a lot of potential but it's hard to say if it has staying power. I might purchase EVE because that game seems to translate well to VR. Overall there is definitely a novelty effect where after a while you don't feel the urge to rush back to it. I think that could be due more to not having a game that I feel like I just have to play to get back in to that world. So far most of the things Ive tried are quite short. I think the prices of the VR games needs to come down a bit. Battlezone was fun while playing the demo but I dont think there is enough there to justify spending 60 bucks. The game I'm actually excited for is Farpoint. I'll also be picking up a Pro so I'll be curious to see if that can increase the image quality. Long story short the potential is definitely there but I think depending on your expectations you might be let down. I'm hoping games like Farpoint and Robinson can give me that world I'm looking for. I've got my fingers crossed.
I feel the same way, for the price of what Sony is asking.

Initially I was wowed by some of the experiences (kitchen demo, vr worlds), but there are a lot of things going against it.

- blurry low resolution
- a bit of motion sickness / headache
- low prospect of games so far
- too many cords/wires going everywhere making it a cluttered mess

I'm starting to seriously doubt whether to keep this (the thought of twisting all cords, packing it all up, is actually disuading me atm)

So I'm like you hoping a larger library comes soon for support and hope that the PS4Pro boosts resolution. I'd feel it would be a more comfortable investment at $400. But right now, knowing Sony, I fear that this is one thing they could drop support for very easily like MS did for the Kinect.

To sum it up, the novelty goes away quickly, revealing a lot of glaring flaws. Once the honeymoon period is over is when you begin to look at the actual lasting power PSVR.

Was able to grab one launch bundle at lunch @ Target. The Richmond, VA stores show OOS but if you enter the DCPI on the aisle scanners, they show stock in the backroom. The Libbie store had one launch bundle left but someone had just called about it as I was leaving.

I ended up picking up the launch bundle at Gamestop.  Called 2 different stores after my lunch meeting and both still had it in stock. 

I feel the same way, for the price of what Sony is asking.

Initially I was wowed by some of the experiences (kitchen demo, vr worlds), but there are a lot of things going against it.

- blurry low resolution
- a bit of motion sickness / headache
- low prospect of games so far
- too many cords/wires going everywhere making it a cluttered mess

I'm starting to seriously doubt whether to keep this (the thought of twisting all cords, packing it all up, is actually disuading me atm)

So I'm like you hoping a larger library comes soon for support and hope that the PS4Pro boosts resolution. I'd feel it would be a more comfortable investment at $400. But right now, knowing Sony, I fear that this is one thing they could drop support for very easily like MS did for the Kinect.

To sum it up, the novelty goes away quickly, revealing a lot of glaring flaws. Once the honeymoon period is over is when you begin to look at the actual lasting power PSVR.
Thanks to both you and Mich16. Anecdotal experience and impressions are very helpful. It seemed like both of you approached it with an open mind and left a little disappointed. While that may not be the same for everyone, I found it really valuable.

Core system from BB just arrived. I'm still working so may not hook up until this evening. Soccer practice and Thursday Night Football. Time to multi task.

Thanks to both you and Mich16. Anecdotal experience and impressions are very helpful. It seemed like both of you approached it with an open mind and left a little disappointed. While that may not be the same for everyone, I found it really valuable.
I think the best thing to do is to wait it out until: 1) price drop, and/or 2) more games justify the system, and Sony proves they are committed.

I'm going to end up returning it. Just the thought of getting my $500 returned for PS4Pro or a 4K set was enough, but having a cleaner less-cluttered space is what set it over. I'll get it again when point #1 or #2 comes, probably a year from now. There is no pressing need for this, especially during the holiday season when there are so many other games coming out.

The only problem is that I opened the demo disc and VR worlds... not sure how Best Buy will react to that, since they don't accept opened games standalone.

My initial impression are that there's a good bit of nuance to getting the focal quality good and even then it remains blurrier than I'd like. I've seen some calibration options in the PS menu and with more time I'll find a process that works all the time. As far as games are conerned here's what I had time to mess with and quick thoughts on each:

Gnog: I wish my kids could play this because they'd have a blast. It's a fun interactive puzzle but I'm finding PSVR pretty physically taxing and games where you stand and just think can bring that to the forefront as opposed to games that keep constantly engaged.

Headmaster: charming but way too simple to keep my interest beyond a couple of demos.

Thumper: pretty amazing. I played the demo to decide if I want to own it. It's so polished and engrossing in VR that I may wait for a sale but will definitely get it.

Batman VR: Pretty much a theme park ride. Extremely exhilarating and exciting but not really interactive. More than anything, it shows that if done more sincerely (an 8-10 detective game) would really be a killer app. It changes the way you even think about being transported to a fictional world. 

Rez: Pretty much as advertised. It's a great way to revisit an old game. I haven't seen area X but I'd also say 30 bucks may be a bit high. It's a pretty relaxing experience as well. 

My consistent gripe is the image is too blurry for me to read objects that are close to me. Batman has a lot of it and it's patently clear those items should be legible so I'm going to learn more about calibration later today.

Dammit tried to PM Driveclub VRs 19.99 price and they refreshed my phone, never had them do that before.

So just Eve for now. Gonna try this demo disc before I buy anything though Im eyeing Rigs, Rez, Thumper and Until Dawn. Hearing way too many mixed things on Driveclub

there is honestly no lack of stock from what I've found. I purposely went with Best Buy over Gamestop though incase I chance my mind about it. 

to be fair, didn't the pre-orders take a week or 2 to sell out?  these have been in stock for less than a day so far.

i'm betting there is a good amount of people (mostly parents) who didn't even knew it released today too.

amazon seems to be the only one who still has both launch and core in stock now, but if I had to guess they got more stock than any other retailer.

My store sold 10 at the midnight launch and we had a steady stream of one leaving the store every 15 mins after we opened.

Glad I sprung for the Launch bundle. The new camera looks a lot nicer on my TV with the included mount than the old one with a 3rd party mount would have. It's too bad the reports of the Move controllers having updated USB ports ended up being false.

Picked up Eve Valkrie, Batman, and Until Dawn today and installed all the free stuff from the store earlier. Gonna set the rest up and try it later tonight. =P~

to be fair, didn't the pre-orders take a week or 2 to sell out? these have been in stock for less than a day so far.

i'm betting there is a good amount of people (mostly parents) who didn't even knew it released today too.

amazon seems to be the only one who still has both launch and core in stock now, but if I had to guess they got more stock than any other retailer.
My memory is that the pre-orders sold out very quickly. < 1 day. Gamestop made some statement about it being the fastest sellout for a launch hardware. That might have been for the second pre-order batch. Definitely sounds like there is ample stock in stores for most regions of the country.

Thursday does seem like a non-optimal release day. Weekend probably would have been better. Curious if the launch bundles will really wind up being limited or if stores will receive shipments through the holidays.

My memory is that the pre-orders sold out very quickly. < 1 day. Gamestop made some statement about it being the fastest sellout for a launch hardware. That might have been for the second pre-order batch. Definitely sounds like there is ample stock in stores for most regions of the country.

Thursday does seem like a non-optimal release day. Weekend probably would have been better. Curious if the launch bundles will really wind up being limited or if stores will receive shipments through the holidays.
I just checked

In stock @ Best Buy - March 22nd, 2016

Out of Stock @ Best Buy April 13th, 2016

Instock @ GS March 22nd, 2016

Out of Stock @ GS March 24th, 2016

I wouldn't trust any statement GS gives

It seems Amazon is currently backorderd on the launch bundle

Considering the uh, window dressing, of most Vita games these days, if the PSVR library were to emulate the vita's pervs would be lining up around the block to pick one up. 

I was going to drop the $$$ for a bundle today, but have decided against it with all of the blurry/low-resolution comments I've read. Plus I don't really see much more than "tech-demos" disguised as games coming out for it. Unfortunately.

Considering the uh, window dressing, of most Vita games these days, if the PSVR library were to emulate the vita's pervs would be lining up around the block to pick one up.
Vita started off great and every supporter went on and on about the Vita's hardware. Within a year they were selling $300 units on clearance for $200 and random deal websites started getting refurbished ones for $120-150. The support switched from western developers to Japanese PSP games that were forced to Vita with its discontinuation in 2014 alongside the PS4 announcement.

I was going to drop the $$$ for a bundle today, but have decided against it with all of the blurry/low-resolution comments I've read. Plus I don't really see much more than "tech-demos" disguised as games coming out for it. Unfortunately.
Can always return it, in the mean time you'll be able to try it yourself and former your own opinion instead of listening to the Internet which has done nothing but time and time again proven most people who dislike something on it are only repeating what they see others say because it's cool to diss it.

Personally I like mine. It's a fun toy now that as long as I don't binge on it I won't get get bored with it and have my bordem fester into disdain.

This whole field is still in its infancy and I see games getting a lot better after the first generation growing pains. Even something as simple as putting among the sleep on it would be really cool.

First gens usually suck on consoles for the most part even after decades of having consoles and they are still just a box you plug into a TV. Psvr on the other is a different experince than a normal console.

It's pretty sad when you see people coming in here hoping this thing fails. Guess no one wants a new way to play games.
I want VR to work, just I've heard this "Well it turns out I could walk in and buy one" thing multiple times before.

Long live Vita. But yes it's dead. In the US for sure. Not in Japan. I love mine, but I'm not fooling myself into thinking there will be anything other then Japanese RPGs for it from here on out. Even the indie developers aren't making games for it any more.

PSVR is fun. I've tried it a couple times at Best Buy. I just don't have the money for it, and on top of that if I got it then I'd feel like I needed to get a PS4 Pro too.

bread's done
Back