Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the opinions on EVE Valkyrie.  I'll probably pick it up at some point, but I may wait to see if I can get a deal on Black Friday.

Just tried the COD:IW game (or demo, whatever it is).  It's very cool - both realistic and immersive.  Does it just have one level though?

anyone else get an email on Robinson Journey pickup? Its apparently ready now versus tomorrow's release date. Not sure I want to drive over to find out that the email was a mistake.........I guess I could call

anyone else get an email on Robinson Journey pickup? Its apparently ready now versus tomorrow's release date. Not sure I want to drive over to find out that the email was a mistake.........I guess I could call
They usually send pick up emails out they night before a release date. It just means it's at the customer service desk with your name on it. They still won't let you pick it up until tomorrow.

They usually send pick up emails out they night before a release date. It just means it's at the customer service desk with your name on it. They still won't let you pick it up until tomorrow.
Just got home from best buy with Robinson in hand. Very strange because no other copies were in store. My copy was the only one behind the pickup counter. I checked best buys website and Robinson is not available for shipping and nothing within 250 miles of me for store pickup.

I dunno, Rez is the only VR game I've really enjoyed so far... but part of it might be just the immersive trippiness to it. EVE is fun but I wanted to puke. I haven't put the headset back on in ages though. Likely will tomorrow.

I'm probably going to sell my PSVR, enjoyed it so far but I keep feeling nauseated. Not sure why, I was good initially and had very little with the Rift as well but here lately it almost hits initially.

I'm probably going to sell my PSVR, enjoyed it so far but I keep feeling nauseated. Not sure why, I was good initially and had very little with the Rift as well but here lately it almost hits initially.
Yeah that is truly unfortunate. I was feeling a bit nauseous last night playing Robinson. I have 6 more days until the best buy return policy expires.......

Surprised that you guys aren't "growing out of it" or whatever. I guess it could come back if I played several different games, but after mild uncomfortableness the first couple battlezone sessions, I don't feel anything at all anymore. 

Yeah that is truly unfortunate. I was feeling a bit nauseous last night playing Robinson. I have 6 more days until the best buy return policy expires.......
What's your impression of the game so far? Sounds like a 7 from the mixed reviews but at 30 bucks I was willing to get it for VR dinosaurs. Not surprising it's limited but that's going to put more pressure on Golem, RE7, and Farpoint for a legit full length game.

Ubisoft just announced trackmania turbo is adding vr support, and is now available. It has a track builder, comes with 200 tracks, and even has local split screen local co op play.. plus its only $19 or so on amazon right now.

I was looking at getting it for that price yesterday, and with today's psvr announcement, just ordered it on amazon before they sell out.

Ubisoft just announced trackmania turbo is adding vr support, and is now available. It has a track builder, comes with 200 tracks, and even has local split screen local co op play.. plus its only $19 or so on amazon right now.

I was looking at getting it for that price yesterday, and with today's psvr announcement, just ordered it on amazon before they sell out.
Game looks like it will murder me but for 20 bucks why not.

On the Eve Valkyrie vs COD Jackal:
I find Eve to be much more immersive (I bought the full game). This is primarily due to the view ports you can look out of (front, rear, left, right, top and bottom) which always makes me feel connected to the action. COD primarily has front/left/right/top. There is something to be said in Eve about shooting a enemy in front of you while simultaneously being able to see a flagship passing beneath you. It also helps immensely that that there are large, stationary, space stations to fly around (like a Star Destroyer)
Eve also has a far greater sense of scale (in my opinion) with regards to the flagships and space stations you fly around while dogfighting. To me, Eve's flagships just feel much larger. Heck, even flying around the larger asteroids can feel epic.
Now I have got to admit that COD's ability to lock on with missiles is far easier than Eve's. This is great for single player, but might be more boring with multiplayer (if you got killed basically by someone just looking at your ship, the game would likely get boring). COD Jackal, at the end of the game, gives you a view of the earth, which speaking as a pure geek, made me feel like I was Superman floating above the earth.

If the upcoming Star Wars VR is like COD Jackal, I will find it disappointing. While Eve is not Star Wars (with regards to brand recognition), Eve gave me an experience that I hope Star Wars can match.
To any Eve developers who may read this, is there a way to do a missile lock on a ship while looking out the rear viewpoint? I still have trouble taking advantage of looking in the rear during a dogfight.
Glad to see others enjoying EVE, I can't believe how few people it seems are playing it. I've been waiting on the Pro but loved EVE in short exposure.

Since you mentioned playing Link to the Past and "playing in a whole new way," I'll toss in a suggestion to check out ALttp Randomizer for a really fun way to play that game I've been enjoying tremendously.

Yea, I don't think I could handle a game like Trackmania Turbo in VR so I will have to pass on that one unfortunately.
There's a free demo you can try and find out. It definitely messes with your stomach but to it's credit manages VR incredibly well. It's a super easy choice at 20 bucks if you can handle rollercoasters well.

Also, got to play a few minutes of Robinson. It's pretty but oddly the 3D aspect seems a bit lacking. Controls are very unintuitive but it's not hard to figure out the system when you plan for a few minutes. It's absolutely gorgeous though production wise with great dinosaur models and level layouts.

If any of ya'll are interested in Trackmania Turbo, just hit up a local Target.  Target.com has it on clearance for $13.98 (out of stock online) but the stores should match the price on the site.

Only $13.98?  I may have to grab it at that price.  Will the stores definitely price match the site?

Is this game worthwhile even if I don't plan on creating my own tracks?  Also, can you unlock things like upgrades, paint jobs, etc?

I don't see why not, Target = Target.com -- Price Match Policy:

"Price Match Guarantee

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or Price adjustments within 14 days after purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services."

I walked up to the register, told the guy it was scanning at the wrong price and showed him the game on my phone in the Target app.  He didn't even blink, just adjusted the price.

Glad to see the VR mode come to Trackmania, I purchased it a couple months ago during a sale. The vr mode made it a no brainer. From the videos I saw, seems better then DriveClub VR.

Does Trackmania "feel" like an actual driving game in regards to the physics and such or is it more of the "RC" or kart style racer? Judging off just the cover art, I would think the latter. 

Trackmania only has 40 tracks for now.  Possibly more to come.  Demo was pretty decent and might be worth the money and you can still play the non VR version as well.

The free trackmania demo is psn now.. looks like a huge download now though that takes forever!

40 tracks is a lot, actually. Isn't that more than Mario Kart 8 has?

I don't see why not, Target = Target.com -- Price Match Policy:

"Price Match Guarantee

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or Price adjustments within 14 days after purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services."

I walked up to the register, told the guy it was scanning at the wrong price and showed him the game on my phone in the Target app. He didn't even blink, just adjusted the price.
Since you posted the policy and probably thought you were smart about it... First exclusion is clearance, the price ending in .98 makes it a clearance price. Figured somebody who's been here as long as you would have known, you can always try but a knowledgeable store employee will most likely deny you the PM.

Exclusions:

• Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or unspecific offers, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
  • Pricing or typographical errors, limited time or quantity offers, daily deals, coupon offers, credit card offers, gift card offers, financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
  • Contract mobile phone devices and the associated plans, Optical, Target Portrait Studio, clinic and pharmacy purchases and offers, Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.), or game reservations.
  • “Marketplace” prices and prices from third party sellers will not be honored.
  • Cartwheel offers, Target Gift Card offers and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match. Manufacturer coupons will be applied after a price match is made per Target’s coupon policy. Please review our Store Coupon Policy for additional details.
  • Items containing alcohol will be subject to state-by-state regulations.

Since you posted the policy and probably thought you were smart about it... First exclusion is clearance, the price ending in .98 makes it a clearance price. Figured somebody who's been here as long as you would have known, you can always try but a knowledgeable store employee will most likely deny you the PM.

Exclusions:

• Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or unspecific offers, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
That Clearance exclusion is in reference to pricematching clearance items at other stores. Such as pricematching a clearance item on Bestbuy.com at Target. Target.com is Target and as such, it is a price adjustment. Any associate who denies it is not understanding the rules and you should try at customer service, if they still have issues, ask for a manager. Eventually someone will know the correct rules, even if you have to resort to going to a different Target.

So I just purchased a PSVR online and hope to have it by the weekend.  What games would anyone suggest picking up as a good experience within VR?

Price matched with no problem.

<p>

Exclusions:

• Pricing or typographical errors, limited time or quantity offers, daily deals, coupon offers, credit card offers, gift card offers, financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
  • Contract mobile phone devices and the associated plans, Optical, Target Portrait Studio, clinic and pharmacy purchases and offers, Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.), or game reservations.
  • “Marketplace” prices and prices from third party sellers will not be honored.
  • Cartwheel offers, Target Gift Card offers and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match. Manufacturer coupons will be applied after a price match is made per Target’s coupon policy. Please review our Store Coupon Policy for additional details.
  • Items containing alcohol will be subject to state-by-state regulations.

Got Eagle Flight in the mail today. Some initial impressions:
- I found myself flying in a pseudo- first person view. You have the top of an eagle's head at the bottom of the visor. I guess it is to provide a constant reference point when flying (to reduce motion sickness?). For the most part, I did not experience any motion sickness while flying. But when I was perched in my nest, looking down on the city, I could feel some vertigo coming on (maybe I'm just weird).
- The overall experience has its similarities to the Nintendo series Pilotwings. However, you do not need air currents to keep your speed up. At least in the free flight mode, you have unlimited stamina.
- As you get closer to a building or to the ground, your visor seems to darken around the edges, and when you are not so close to them, your field of vision turns to normal.
- in this game, you really do not need to turn your head or body at all when flying. Tilting your head to the right or left does the job; tilt it far enough and you can perform a u-turn.
- I tried the story mode briefly, and the first level involves flying through a series of rings. While I think you can still fly wherever you want to, flying through all the rings almost seemed like I was on rails somehow (sorry if that is confusing).
- The free flight mode is very nice, but there are limits to how far you can fly in any direction.
- The graphics are pleasant to look at,and I think the trees get more detailed the closer you fly to them.
- I tried doing an on-line match, but no one else was on-line at the time it seemed.

I guess my biggest surprise in this game so far is the relative lack of motion sickness I experienced compared to something like Windjammers or Eve Valkyrie. It could be perhaps I'm finally getting used to the PSVR.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

That Clearance exclusion is in reference to pricematching clearance items at other stores. Such as pricematching a clearance item on Bestbuy.com at Target. Target.com is Target and as such, it is a price adjustment. Any associate who denies it is not understanding the rules and you should try at customer service, if they still have issues, ask for a manager. Eventually someone will know the correct rules, even if you have to resort to going to a different Target.
You want to open it to interpretation that's fine, it doesn't specify what stores. A few stores around me are real sticklers, any manager or LOD will tell you they don't match clearance prices or clearance prices at other Target stores. You can always try and get lucky like Bivnersa, especially right now with all the holiday employees. I know, I'm going to give it a whirl on Friday if it's still available, it's actually a game I want and have been waiting for a decent price.

Got denied on Trackmaster at 2 stores. Gonna try again Friday, doesn't help they seem to have it stocked in the backrooms as opposed to on the shelves, so you can't just grab it and flash the online price.

So I just purchased a PSVR online and hope to have it by the weekend. What games would anyone suggest picking up as a good experience within VR?
At $19.99 (or $15.99 with GCU) Until Dawn Rush of Blood is great. Some have complained about the motion controller tracking, but I had no issues.

Any PS VR deals Black friday?
I'm hoping for Battlezone.

Also, wanted to mention played Robinson for an hour on PS4 Pro. It's fuck ing gorgeous. I have only played it on Pro but I'd say that most aliasing I've seen in other games is greatly reduced. Some text and models still have jaggies but the Pro really seems to be working hard at cleaning up the image. I can understand the frustration and disappointment with controls because it feels like a game where the team just had no idea how to design for VR. That said, standing in front of a brontosaurus where the head is at scale and the size of dumptruck is kind of priceless if that's something you want to experience.

I played through Batman.  It was pretty great!  Then the credits just popped up.  I laughed.  I was truly impressed with Batman, but the lack of compelling titles definitely shows a cheap ass like me shouldn't have bought in so soon.  A full game experience would be great, rather than a tech demo.  I can't believe that it cost money.

I'll be getting rid of my VR with the full intention of revisiting it in the future.  Maybe 5-10 years, or when something compelling is released.  

I also played through EVE Gunjack which was a bad arcade style shooting game.  Boring, bad visuals, etc.  Definitely not worth the $7 I paid.

I'm going to go through Super Stardust VR, I love it in non VR so it couldn't be horrendous.  I played through all the demo/worlds and really think VR has great potential.  Just...  the games are bad right now.

A few weeks ago I complained about the graphics.  After playing Arkham VR, I can see the potential for great graphics.  The aliasing wasn't perfect, but that can be expected with eyes so close to a fairly low res screen.  It wasn't driveclub bad, which is vomit pixel racing.

I'm currently transferring the data from my PS4 to the Pro. Did the demo disc get an update to show the visual upgrades some of the games are getting?

- in this game, you really do not need to turn your head or body at all when flying. Tilting your head to the right or left does the job; tilt it far enough and you can perform a u-turn.
I don't like the sound of that. It was the constant tilting of my head that made me dizzy playing the Luge game.

I picked up trackmania, managed to get it pmed.

Also, got to see a trump supporter get taken down while trying to return a tv that he didn't have a receipt for (because he picked it off the sales floor), he tried to walk out with it.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I ended up purchasing a PS4 Pro today after selling my Uncharted PS4.  I'm excited to get the VR set tomorrow!  I'm downloading all the free content and demos.  Just wished the big titles had a demo so that I could try out before buying.  I worry about motion sickness with some of the titles after reading through everyone's suggestions.

bread's done
Back