Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
The new PSVR game deals on PSN:

Lethal VR - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/4/17

Star Wars Battlefront - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 12/27 - Free VR Mission

Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition - $20.99 - 30% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 12/27 - Free VR Mission

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $31.99 - 20% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 12/27 - Free VR Mission

SuperHyperCube - $22.49 - 25% Off - $20.09 - 33% Off - Ends 12/27

A new demo:

Rollercoaster Dreams

And two more new releases:

Fruit Ninja VR - $14.99

Rollercoaster Dreams - $19.99

SuperHyperCube is a must have for anybody with PSVR and loves puzzle games, as it was one of the best launch titles for it. I have a video of it in action for those that might want to see it in action first. Plus, there's a demo for it out right now.

Lethal looks interesting, and I've been waiting for a Roller Coaster game since I got VR, so definitely grabbing that. Fruit Ninja looks like it'll be awesome too

I finally had some time to catch up... The battlefront Star Wars VR mission is great! I hope they use the tech to do a full game.

The new VR Resident Evil demo is creepy as hell. I loved it, but I'm not sure my heart can take a full game of it...Lol!

Lastly, my PS4 downloaded the new Battlezone patch which includes the classic arcade game mode. Oddly, I prefer the new controls over the classic ones.

It's a great show off thing for people who might get vertigo, since there isn't any verticle movement.

As a huge fan of the old arcade game, if this was an arcade game now I'd be dumping bucks into it. My only issue with it is wondering why they made the lines so thick in it? Other than that, it's a perfect VR conversion, and feels just like the old game.

I feel like fruitninja should be cheaper, honestly. 15 bucks for a game that is several years old and has been far cheaper elsewhere for a long time. While I'm sure the VR version had to be completely redone (as opposed to a port) it's still not something I can see myself getting too excited about. Might grab it when it's under 10 bucks. 

I feel like fruitninja should be cheaper, honestly. 15 bucks for a game that is several years old and has been far cheaper elsewhere for a long time. While I'm sure the VR version had to be completely redone (as opposed to a port) it's still not something I can see myself getting too excited about. Might grab it when it's under 10 bucks.
I bought it and agree. Apparently it's been out for 6 months so hoping more features get patched in may not be realistic. As it is the most utility by far is that it's fun for anyone turn based score attack would be great if it could track profiles. Sadly, the feature set is like the very first barebones phone version from years ago. I'd wait for 50% off unless you're dying to swing a VR sword. Anyone try lethal or rollercoaster dreams?

I showed my son video of Lethal. He asked if you could use the SoCom rifle accessory for the game. I assume you can and will purchase the game soon. Our backlog for all systems is crazy right now.

Rollercoaster dreams is garbage. It's not all VR, so it's a 2D screen until you get to a ride, then it thinks for a while and switches to VR. The demo doesn't even let you ride anything, you can just walk around someone's park, out of VR because the demo paywall blocks VR.

My Best Buy's restock from Sony finally came in today from FedEx. We got 8. Might want to call up your store if you are still looking for one.

My Best Buy's restock from Sony finally came in today from FedEx. We got 8. Might want to call up your store if you are still looking for one.
Cool. Figures they would tag the product as "sold out" on the website so that you can't search for store inventory. I have to run errands later tonight. I will probably stop in and ask. I don't see these going on sale anytime soon so now is as good as a time as ever since I"d like to have one before RE7 releases

Cool. Figures they would tag the product as "sold out" on the website so that you can't search for store inventory. I have to run errands later tonight. I will probably stop in and ask. I don't see these going on sale anytime soon so now is as good as a time as ever since I"d like to have one before RE7 releases
It's annoying but they probably have to do that or they would end up selling all the units that stores just got to the website shoppers.

It's annoying but they probably have to do that or they would end up selling all the units that stores just got to the website shoppers.
Yeah it makes sense and good idea so one person doesn't buy everything in 250 mile radius. I notice GameStop has some back in stock too, of course in their "forced" bundles but regardless this is a good sign.

For those who have upgraded from original PS4 to PS4 pro, does the PS4 Pro improve the visual clarity of the PSVR games?

How significant is the improvement if any? Is it only if they are patched for PS4 pro or the sharpness/quality is better for most of the games?

When I use my PSVR headset, the smaller texts on the home screen appear not so sharp. Also during games the visual in certain games appear blurry, mainly the texts. I tried recalibrating and also adjusting the distance between eyes few times, but the result was same for me/my friends.

Not sure if the upgrade to PS4 Pro is worth it just for the PSVR and I do not have a 4K tv yet and don't intend upgrading TV soon. 

yes it does improve the games but not to the point of it being worth the 400.00 for the pro.

if you need more harddrive space and catch it on a sale then i would upgrade it.

I had purchased Headmasters in the last Sale, but not started the download just in case it popped up cheaper. With that new sale date in place, I think its safe to say it wont be dropping any more.

got EVE in the mail yesterday and played couple of games. i hate to say this, but for a $60 game, it sucks a$$... also tried the VR mode in RoTR and got motion sick very quick when using free moving mode... I'm now kinda regretting buying VR if not for Rush of Blood and Batman.

Bought the Vive and the Playstation VR. Are there any VR games that are fun to play or watch someone else play as a group for PC or PS4?

Anything you would recommend for non-gamers?

Bought the Vive and the Playstation VR. Are there any VR games that are fun to play or watch someone else play as a group for PC or PS4?

Anything you would recommend for non-gamers?
Can't remember the name of it at the moment, but that bomb-defusing game is probably the best one I've seen as far as a VR group participation game. I think it's available on both of the platforms you purchased.

Can't remember the name of it at the moment, but that bomb-defusing game is probably the best one I've seen as far as a VR group participation game. I think it's available on both of the platforms you purchased.
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. And yeah, that's my recommendation too. Rec Room on the Vive is a quirky showcase for what VR can do, but I'm not sure it'll be entertaining for a group to watch.

Jaunt VR - nothing special.  Some horror stuff and serial stuff.  

VideoVR had the most options....  losing that was not fun....  

Within is still probably the best though.  They just need to add new content.  

The VR Playroom that is downloadable on the store has games specifically for someone playing VR, and someone playing with a controller on the TV.

For those who have upgraded from original PS4 to PS4 pro, does the PS4 Pro improve the visual clarity of the PSVR games?
How significant is the improvement if any? Is it only if they are patched for PS4 pro or the sharpness/quality is better for most of the games?

When I use my PSVR headset, the smaller texts on the home screen appear not so sharp. Also during games the visual in certain games appear blurry, mainly the texts. I tried recalibrating and also adjusting the distance between eyes few times, but the result was same for me/my friends.
Not sure if the upgrade to PS4 Pro is worth it just for the PSVR and I do not have a 4K tv yet and don't intend upgrading TV soon.
Some games are updated for Pro, but all others seem to be much more clear as far as jaggies and text go. I can read documents easier in RE7 and Loading Human.

I finally found a VR unit at Best Buy. They had only 3. Picked it up since the Launch Bundle broke.

​Did not know children under 12 should not play VR. I'm a terrible parent.

Ditto. My son has been playing a 3ds for years and he is 9. Child protective services is on the way. My son will not see them b/c he is playing Job Simulator.

I finally found a VR unit at Best Buy. They had only 3. Picked it up since the Launch Bundle broke.

​Did not know children under 12 should not play VR. I'm a terrible parent.

A.  3DS and VR are not the same

B.  There are no laws against letting a child use a VR device, but it's been said that it could have negative effects on eyes that are still developing, such as a child's eyes.  Basically, it's not advised due to potential health and safety concerns.

It was a joke. They mention the suggested ages on both products for products liability purposes.

A. 3DS and VR are not the same

B. There are no laws against letting a child use a VR device, but it's been said that it could have negative effects on eyes that are still developing, such as a child's eyes. Basically, it's not advised due to potential health and safety concerns.

It was a joke. They mention the suggested ages on both products for products liability purposes.
I don't know about the 3DS, but there is research to indicate that VR when used by children can cause what's called vergence accommodation conflict which is not usually an issue for other sterescopic technologies like 3D in theaters because the distance is far greater. So, it's not just some CYA type of thing, it's a potential, admittedly low risk but potentially serious vision disorder that needs more study given the rapid onset of the technology.

Disappointed to find out I can't use my move controllers with Robinson.  I should've read the box lacking Move support.  

Anyone else get dizzy moving around in the game?

Disappointed to find out I can't use my move controllers with Robinson. I should've read the box lacking Move support.

Anyone else get dizzy moving around in the game?
yes. i am scared to try it again. i have never felt dizzy/nauseous before in vr and it freaked me out

Here They Lie is on sale in the PlayStation Store for $13.99 (I think it would be $11.99 if you have PS+)
Can we change the controls for 'Here They Lie' to make the navigation any better? The only time I played the demo, I couldn't make it past the first minute with the default controls.

Have heard the environment is creepy as we go further. Wouldn't mind to spend $12 if this game is graphically impressive/creepy (minus gameplay) and can be completed without me puking all over the place!

I know it was the controls that turned me off from this game as well, it always felt like when I was walking forward, it was walking me a little to the left as well, and the "teleport-turning" or whatever was just plain annoying.  The best first-person controls I've played so far have been when they keep them the way they've always been outside of VR, like in Scavenger's Odyssey and Rigs, so I don't get why game devs feel the need to screw with an already working system.  But I know I would be interested in Here They Lie if they actually had that control scheme in place.

Can we change the controls for 'Here They Lie' to make the navigation any better? The only time I played the demo, I couldn't make it past the first minute with the default controls.

Have heard the environment is creepy as we go further. Wouldn't mind to spend $12 if this game is graphically impressive/creepy (minus gameplay) and can be completed without me puking all over the place!

I know it was the controls that turned me off from this game as well, it always felt like when I was walking forward, it was walking me a little to the left as well, and the "teleport-turning" or whatever was just plain annoying. The best first-person controls I've played so far have been when they keep them the way they've always been outside of VR, like in Scavenger's Odyssey and Rigs, so I don't get why game devs feel the need to screw with an already working system. But I know I would be interested in Here They Lie if they actually had that control scheme in place.
You can change the controls to be more like Rigs and Resident evil 7 in the actual game. Although when you are turning with the stick it does a sort of squinting thing where your field of view shrinks in a bit while you are turning. I assume it's to make it more comfortable but I'd prefer it not to be there. It still is loads better than the demo controls.Lots more freedom. If I remember correctly it's in the options menu at the start of the game. I wouldn't say the game is graphically impressive but the colors suit the environment. It's lots of grays and blacks with a splash of color here and there. It's definitely creepy and from what I have played so far there really isn't anything like it for psvr. There are even moral choices in the game or at least one so far that I have encountered. A heads up though some people have gotten motion sick from the game but personally I haven't had any problems with it. It actually will pop up a screen every now and then telling you to take a break before continuing on.

Here are the PSVR games on sale for this week on PSN:

Here They Lie - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/3/17

Trackmania Turbo - $17.99 - 55% Off - $13.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/3/17

Trackmania Turbo has about 40 specific VR levels, which are well designed in a way that Driveclub doesn't have that caused me some nausea issues the first time I played that.

been having a blast playing driveclub vr with the thrustmaster t300 ferrari set up. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015KJ0SES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i think the game has pretty cool 3d effects. like when you come up and rear end a car or when you are playing a night race and you pass a car up and his headlights shine inside you car. I find the graphics to be a mix bag on this game. when the cars way up front of you they look bad to the point of where i would be  laughing out load but when they get a car length around you it look really good. overall i think they did a damn good job for what power the ps4 has.

bread's done
Back