Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
They are trickling in. My Best Buy got in 18 last week.
Good that restocks are happening and the last two store updates were poor overall any way but Sony needs to start releasing some games. I know RE is coming next week but I'd still love updates on Psychonauts, Farpoint, Golem, etc. so there's a decent outlook on other full featured games coming this year.

I picked up dirt rally the other day since it will have a VR DLC update soon. I am terrible at it atm, but I cant wait to drive those tracks in VR. Its a lot of fun on regular 2D.

It looks like someone has managed to make the psvr head tracking work right with PC games now, with the improved pc graphics

So now the decision is do we get RE7 For the PC, it ps4?

Tried the Youtube 360... and it is incredible.  Watched a rocket take off, and a flew with a fighter jet.  GREAT experience!!  

This type of thing is what Sony needs to do...  give us more experiences to show off the hardware.... outside of just games.  

It looks like someone has managed to make the psvr head tracking work right with PC games now, with the improved pc graphics

So now the decision is do we get RE7 For the PC, it ps4?
The PC version of RE7 doesn't support VR, it's PSVR exclusive as of now

If Skyrim and fallout 4 can be played on a PC with VR, I don't see how resident evil 7 couldn't. There might be some specific changes to a release VR version, but it might still play fine.

Skyrim and fallout 4 both looked great on the PC in psvr.

Hello. If you have $60 in your PSN wallet right now and wanted PSVR games for your new PSVR that could fit in that budget what game or games would you get? What's the must have? Gonna scan thru this thread too. Stanks!

If Skyrim and fallout 4 can be played on a PC with VR, I don't see how resident evil 7 couldn't. There might be some specific changes to a release VR version, but it might still play fine.

Skyrim and fallout 4 both looked great on the PC in psvr.
You're talking about modding territory here. A game modded to work with VR headsets won't play as well as a game designed to work with VR. If somebody does mod it, it's not going to be as good as the PSVR version.

Capcom may release a patch in the future to make the PC version compatible with VR

Hello. If you have $60 in your PSN wallet right now and wanted PSVR games for your new PSVR that could fit in that budget what game or games would you get? What's the must have? Gonna scan thru this thread too. Stanks!
I would be curious to hear others opinions on this question too. IMO most of the stuff in the ps store is too expensive for glorified tech demos. So I am hesitant to buy stuff that I really want to try like Wayward Sky and Headmaster which I enjoyed both the demos. But will continue to wait for a sale.

I purchased Thumper and I think its definitely worth the money.

A lot of people have high regards for Rez infinite but I tried the demo and didn't like it.

Job Simulator gets talked about as a fun game but I am waiting for a sale to get it.

I tried the Harmonix demo and loved it so much I bought the full game but still have not even opened it outside of the demo.

As far as disc based games, if you don't have them yet, get Batman VR and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. Those are the 2 best PSVR games IMO.

I have Robinson the Journey and Eagle Flight and I am really pissed off neither of those games have Subtitles/captions so it makes them unplayable for me because I have a hearing impairment.

Can't wait for RE:7!!

I would be curious to hear others opinions on this question too. IMO most of the stuff in the ps store is too expensive for glorified tech demos. So I am hesitant to buy stuff that I really want to try like Wayward Sky and Headmaster which I enjoyed both the demos. But will continue to wait for a sale.
It's a shame you just missed a few weekends of sales for Headmaster last month. It's a good game.

Ok, I downloaded the program...  trinus or something like that.  I could get it hooked up... but then I realized... how am I going to play when I can't see my mouse/keyboard?  I did not go any further with it.  

Ok, I downloaded the program... trinus or something like that. I could get it hooked up... but then I realized... how am I going to play when I can't see my mouse/keyboard? I did not go any further with it.
People look at their mouse/keyboard when playing games still?!

Saw a couple people on my friends list were playing RE7 yesterday, so some stores must have broken street date and sold a few copies already. I was super jealous, and can't wait until tomorrow. RE7 was the game that I bought the PSVR for, and it's finally here after all of this waiting. 

Probably ordered it online. I've received several games in the past early because I'd preordered a game from Bestbuy (for example) and they ship it to me early expecting it to arrive on release date, but UPS or USPS were faster than they expected.

Back to the PC thing....

With trinus I could get SteamVR to work with the PSVR.  And it looked solid enough.  (played some free demo game.)  After messing around with it, I was able to get a SBS Youtube video to work... and it looked good enough.   I could not get a game to work in SBS mode... but I did not not download Vorpx...  And now I can't figure out how I got the video to work... fail...  

But... a couple of things.  
1.  My computer struggles to play Witcher 3.  So...  it is really not equipped to play games in VR.  And I could tell with the demo.  It was not smooth at all.
2.  SteamVR and Trinus are easy to set up.... once you understand what is going on.  There are a couple of things that are not explained particularly well...  and the help is located in a ton of different spots.
3.  I believe Vorpx CAN run games in SBS.  After seeing what Trinus did, there is no reason for it not to be able to do it.  
4.  If you have a computer that can play a game at a high resolution, why would you play it on PSVR?  It can not look as good...  
And then 5.

5.  There is really now no reason to NOT make games in SBS mode.  If it is possible to convert HUGE games like Skyrim to PSVR.... it needs to be done.  I was wrong on the development of VR...  

Received my Best Buy pre-order copy of RE7 earlier today. Includes a controller skin (which is nothing but a paper sticker) inside the DVD case.

I was not too happy when I had to remove a free controller skin (originally shown as $19.99) with some recent game order since the skin was pick-up at store only and no shops around me had it in stock. If that was RE7, I am happy I didn't put any extra effort for the skin/paper sticker!

Back to the PC thing....

With trinus I could get SteamVR to work with the PSVR. And it looked solid enough. (played some free demo game.) After messing around with it, I was able to get a SBS Youtube video to work... and it looked good enough. I could not get a game to work in SBS mode... but I did not not download Vorpx... And now I can't figure out how I got the video to work... fail...

But... a couple of things.
1. My computer struggles to play Witcher 3. So... it is really not equipped to play games in VR. And I could tell with the demo. It was not smooth at all.
2. SteamVR and Trinus are easy to set up.... once you understand what is going on. There are a couple of things that are not explained particularly well... and the help is located in a ton of different spots.
3. I believe Vorpx CAN run games in SBS. After seeing what Trinus did, there is no reason for it not to be able to do it.
4. If you have a computer that can play a game at a high resolution, why would you play it on PSVR? It can not look as good...
And then 5.

5. There is really now no reason to NOT make games in SBS mode. If it is possible to convert HUGE games like Skyrim to PSVR.... it needs to be done. I was wrong on the development of VR...
I'd do it just for the VR experience... for example, we have Eve on the ps4, BUT the pc version looks MUCH better... since the pc has a lot more horsepower, we should be able to play eve on the pc, but with much improved graphics.

(We bought two new vr capable PCs for Christmas... we already have the psvr, so it seems a waste not to try it.)

Ok, I'm not sure my heart can survive the full resident evil 7 vr experience.

...especially when I get a cat clawing my leg while I'm playing wanting attention.

Just played my first hour or so of Resident Evil 7 in VR.

Its going to get some getting used to. I am taking my second break, maybe im not used to VR yet? I only played the PS Demo disc a couple of times and Batman for that one hour playthrough.

But yeah, I am getting rather nauseous when playing in VR. I wonder if I will get used to it in time. 

And this game is really scary. I wonder how night and day the it feels playing this game like a regular FPS in non VR, as opposed to actually being in the house experiencing it in VR. Every time I enter a new room or know I have to turn around, my heart starts racing hoping nothing is waiting for me when i turn around.

I actually have paused the game a few times thinking to myself "I don't want to go any further, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck....."

Just played my first hour or so of Resident Evil 7 in VR.

Its going to get some getting used to. I am taking my second break, maybe im not used to VR yet? I only played the PS Demo disc a couple of times and Batman for that one hour playthrough.

But yeah, I am getting rather nauseous when playing in VR. I wonder if I will get used to it in time.

And this game is really scary. I wonder how night and day the it feels playing this game like a regular FPS in non VR, as opposed to actually being in the house experiencing it in VR. Every time I enter a new room or know I have to turn around, my heart starts racing hoping nothing is waiting for me when i turn around.

I actually have paused the game a few times thinking to myself "I don't want to go any further, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck....."
I heard people are getting motion sickness and most can only handle 20 minute sessions. But then I also heard that the game offers several different control and display options that help combat it, like placing some sort of HUD around the screen, and limiting the free turning radius to force you to make 30 degree turns.

In a cruel twist of fate for me, I got the game and still haven't even been able to play it because some events from work have us on a mandatory overtime schedule right now. Probably won't be able to crack it open until Friday.

I had no trouble with motion sickness at all, and I turned on the full right stick look control.

I think in this game it might be because you aren't really moving fast much.. you are playing slowly and cautiously out of fear and dread.

I had no trouble with motion sickness at all, and I turned on the full right stick look control.

I think in this game it might be because you aren't really moving fast much.. you are playing slowly and cautiously out of fear and dread.
Good to hear.

When I finally do get to play the game, I suspect I'll be fine. I've put in quite a few hours in Battlezone, and that game has you moving pretty quick and turning quite a bit due to the tank turret swivel, as a matter of fact there are several times when you find yourself moving the tank in one direction and at the same time free-rotation swiveling in a different direction to shoot at something. If I don't get motion sickness from that, then I wouldn't think I would get it from RE7, where everything is moving much slower. Maybe it's the fear, or the fact that alot of people still don't have enough time spent in VR overall.

Make a FAQ or something because all I'm able to do is load up the empty room, and when I tried the museum I couldn't move anything but my head D:
Ok. PM sent. If you can move your head in the empty room... seeing the roof, etc, then I think you have it figured out.

If anyone imported Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 from Japan (not Asia English,) the VR mode is available free until February the 28th in Japan. After that you're paying 1,500 yen. The free to play version will get a Honoka and Marie Rose unlock VR bundle for 2,900 yen. Purchase through the in game store to get it free. 

I got off work a little early and managed to squeeze a couple of hours into RE7 VR last night. Don't know what to say except amazing, this is probably the 1st Resident Evil game to really scare me since the 1st one back in like 1995 and easily the best game in VR for me. Overall it successfully solidifies my PSVR purchase and makes me finally feel like I bought this thing for a good reason.

Don't want to give spoilers away, but there's so much to enjoy here...by making the game simple again, Capcom managed to make it scary. The house is amazing and reminds me of the old foreclosures me and my friends used to hang out in as kids, and the fear we always imagined we would feel if there was someone actually in there. The feeling of dread you get when one of the family members is looking for you and you are peering around a corner and down a hallway hoping not to be seen, the desperation of being hunted. Finding a weapon and not worrying about upgrades and mods and and all that crap, just grabbing a gun and using it to stay alive long enough to find the next weapon. Way more realistic in that sense.    

I got off work a little early and managed to squeeze a couple of hours into RE7 VR last night. Don't know what to say except amazing, this is probably the 1st Resident Evil game to really scare me since the 1st one back in like 1995 and easily the best game in VR for me. Overall it successfully solidifies my PSVR purchase and makes me finally feel like I bought this thing for a good reason.

Don't want to give spoilers away, but there's so much to enjoy here...by making the game simple again, Capcom managed to make it scary. The house is amazing and reminds me of the old foreclosures me and my friends used to hang out in as kids, and the fear we always imagined we would feel if there was someone actually in there. The feeling of dread you get when one of the family members is looking for you and you are peering around a corner and down a hallway hoping not to be seen, the desperation of being hunted. Finding a weapon and not worrying about upgrades and mods and and all that crap, just grabbing a gun and using it to stay alive long enough to find the next weapon. Way more realistic in that sense.
There's a part coming up that's going to make you not play in VR anymore.

Are there any connections to the previous games in the series? I've only played Zero though RE4 (and Code Veronica.)  I've kinda been slacking on getting started with 5, 6 and both Revelations and Chronicles. Wondering if I'll end up spoiling things or not picking up on some references because I havn't played some of the earlier games.

bread's done
Back