Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I just scored the motherload on craiglist, everything in perfect shape  :D/

- PSVR Headset + wires
- 2 Move Controllers (1 Sealed)
- Camera
- RE7
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (Sealed)
- PSVR Demo Disk (Sealed)

Seller advertised as $250, I offered $200 and then asked if it came with the original box, it did not. Again, I asked if he would be able to further negotiate a bit ($200 for everything was damn great as it is) Seller went down to $150 without hesitation.  :mrgreen: Seller claimed it was a gift from his ex and wanted to get rid of it.

For all I know it could've been stolen but for $150 who cares!

Just wanted to thank Frisky for the Time Machine VR recommendation. The reviews for it were pretty mixed but picked it up anyway. Of the 3 VR games I have tried so far it is easily the one I have found most enjoyable. Very relaxing and fun game. Strangest thing about the game is that it predicts time travel in the next 6-16 years. The game itself seems uncertain if it takes place in 2023 or 2033.

Theseus now has a July 26th date for EU. Imagine NA will fall on 28th. For comparison, Superhot is 19th in EU and 21st in NA.

Just wanted to thank Frisky for the Time Machine VR recommendation. The reviews for it were pretty mixed but picked it up anyway. Of the 3 VR games I have tried so far it is easily the one I have found most enjoyable. Very relaxing and fun game. Strangest thing about the game is that it predicts time travel in the next 6-16 years. The game itself seems uncertain if it takes place in 2023 or 2033.
Bought under same recommendation and look forward to trying. On that note Superhot VR has a 20% discount for plus members who preorder the combo or inidividual edition. Each version is $20 with the combo being $32. Over the next 3 weeks we're seeing:

Mars 2030
Marble Land
Superhot
Syndrome
Tiny Trax
Syren
Theseus
Archangel

It'll be interesting to see how these fare because it's getting clearer that we're going to start getting spoiled for choice over the next few months.

Well, I had intended to wait to pick up Farpoint until Black Friday in the hopes of a nice sale at Bestbuy with GCU, but seeing as how more games are starting to get support for it, and it's damn near impossible to find anywhere, I bit the bullet and went to my local Walmart tonight and picked one up.  Asked a friend who works at Walmart to meet me there and use his discount, as 10% off is better than nothing.

After buying it, he tells me that his employee discount did not work because the game is on clearance and the employee discount doesn't work on clearance items.  I said I saw no sign that it was on clearance (which is odd especially because it has only been on the market for two months) and he said that the fact that it was marked $79. instead of $79.99 is the telling sign of a clearance item and then showed me the receipt...

So unfortunately, I ended up paying $79 + 7% tax instead of the $63.99 + 8% tax I would have paid if Bestbuy actually had any.

Moral of the long-winded story?  (1) Is it a good sign that Walmart is already clearancing out the Farpoint Controller bundle?  (2) Don't hesitate if you really want it and see it somewhere in stock...?  (3)  It's probably going to come back in stock at Bestbuy and everywhere else now that I bought it at full price.  :(

Moral of the long-winded story? (1) Is it a good sign that Walmart is already clearancing out the Farpoint Controller bundle? (2) Don't hesitate if you really want it and see it somewhere in stock...? (3) It's probably going to come back in stock at Bestbuy and everywhere else now that I bought it at full price. :(
Well if anything, thanks for this!

Seriously though, I'm at my wits end trying to find it. I was out of the country when it released so I didn't get a chance to grab it on launch, and brickseek has yet to find any copies in my area. Here's to hoping a reprint is on the way.

I, too, used Brickseek in order to find mine.  Of the nine Walmarts I have in my area, they were all listed at exactly $79 and none of them had any in stock except, ironically enough, the one that's about a 10 minute drive away from my house.  I go there practically every week or two for groceries and always check out the electronics section, but never noticed it there until I went looking for it tonight.  Probably because it was just sitting on there at the bottom of an endcap instead of behind the glass with the other games and systems.

It's great that we are getting such a nice, steady flow of VR games but as a collector, I wish more of them were releasing physical copies. I'm not a fan of buying digital and it's made me much more selective to the point I'm only grabbing a digital only game on rare occasions. Really wish AZ Sunshine would have gotten the physical treatment, but since the game has so many glaring technical issues maybe it's better that it didn't. 

It's great that we are getting such a nice, steady flow of VR games but as a collector, I wish more of them were releasing physical copies. I'm not a fan of buying digital and it's made me much more selective to the point I'm only grabbing a digital only game on rare occasions. Really wish AZ Sunshine would have gotten the physical treatment, but since the game has so many glaring technical issues maybe it's better that it didn't.
It's not like all of these games are made by big developers and publishers. They're mostly small teams without the resources and such to do physical copies without possibly compromising their ability to make money on the game that's already hard due to there not being as huge of an audience as the general PS4/PC audience. Your best bet would be through limited production companies like Limited Run Games.

It's not like all of these games are made by big developers and publishers. They're mostly small teams without the resources and such to do physical copies without possibly compromising their ability to make money on the game that's already hard due to there not being as huge of an audience as the general PS4/PC audience. Your best bet would be through limited production companies like Limited Run Games.
Understood, just wish that we would see more of the smaller publishers picking some of these titles up for distribution. Besides the obvious one (LRG) there's also Soedesco, Maximum Games, 505, and others that are publishing smaller, $39.99 or $19.99 MSRP games. Josh from LRG actually told me that they signed a couple of PSVR titles for publishing but wouldn't tell which ones they were. I know they are releasing a "complete" edition of Volume with the PSVR content included, so that's one to look forward to, but not sure what else is coming.

Can any of you guys who've played Brookhaven with the Aim Controller tell me how I'm supposed to throw a grenade/mine/flashbang/whatever?  All they ever do is drop at my feet...

Edit: Figured it out, I just had to hold the trigger button down longer before letting go.

Help Charm Game (Form VR devs) get to 1 million followers. They plan Form on PSVR!

https://twitter.com/charmgames/status/885993467368710144

Is it me or does it seem like Sony (at least in North America) is sleeping on these vr titles? I just happened to see the Playstation Europe twitter account tweet about Theseus and followed the link to the blogpost about it. I've never heard or seen anything about this game until then and at least for myself it seems like a day one purchase. There's no mention of this game from any of the North American accounts. How do they expect for vr to succeed when they're not helping to promote their games?

Is it me or does it seem like Sony (at least in North America) is sleeping on these vr titles? I just happened to see the Playstation Europe twitter account tweet about Theseus and followed the link to the blogpost about it. I've never heard or seen anything about this game until then and at least for myself it seems like a day one purchase. There's no mention of this game from any of the North American accounts. How do they expect for vr to succeed when they're not helping to promote their games?
They'll have posts up on the PlayStation Blog closer to launch like most games.

Well, I had intended to wait to pick up Farpoint until Black Friday in the hopes of a nice sale at Bestbuy with GCU, but seeing as how more games are starting to get support for it, and it's damn near impossible to find anywhere, I bit the bullet and went to my local Walmart tonight and picked one up. Asked a friend who works at Walmart to meet me there and use his discount, as 10% off is better than nothing.

After buying it, he tells me that his employee discount did not work because the game is on clearance and the employee discount doesn't work on clearance items. I said I saw no sign that it was on clearance (which is odd especially because it has only been on the market for two months) and he said that the fact that it was marked $79. instead of $79.99 is the telling sign of a clearance item and then showed me the receipt...

So unfortunately, I ended up paying $79 + 7% tax instead of the $63.99 + 8% tax I would have paid if Bestbuy actually had any.

Moral of the long-winded story? (1) Is it a good sign that Walmart is already clearancing out the Farpoint Controller bundle? (2) Don't hesitate if you really want it and see it somewhere in stock...? (3) It's probably going to come back in stock at Bestbuy and everywhere else now that I bought it at full price. :(
Holy shit, dude. Get a fucking job.

You had your friend meet you at a store to try to save 10%?!?

I actually have a very, very well paying job. But in case you missed it, we're on a site called "Cheapass Gamer."
Did I also miss that the premise of said site is to bore people with a lengthy bullshit story of guilt of not buying something day one, and then wasting a friend's time to save a whopping $8?

It sounds like you don't have any friends, which is understandable considering your attitude, but that's the type of things that friends do, they help each other out.  Perhaps one day when you get a little older, maybe by the time you enter middle school, you'll understand this and the other kids will start talking to you.

Well, I had intended to wait to pick up Farpoint until Black Friday in the hopes of a nice sale at Bestbuy with GCU, but seeing as how more games are starting to get support for it, and it's damn near impossible to find anywhere, I bit the bullet and went to my local Walmart tonight and picked one up. Asked a friend who works at Walmart to meet me there and use his discount, as 10% off is better than nothing.

After buying it, he tells me that his employee discount did not work because the game is on clearance and the employee discount doesn't work on clearance items. I said I saw no sign that it was on clearance (which is odd especially because it has only been on the market for two months) and he said that the fact that it was marked $79. instead of $79.99 is the telling sign of a clearance item and then showed me the receipt...

Why didn't you just pre-order it from Amazon when it was $60?

Has there even been any whispers of Sony making use of the Navigator controller or something that has a thumbstick built into the left Move controller?  This warping non-sense is a huge achilles heel for me...

It sounds like you don't have any friends, which is understandable considering your attitude, but that's the type of things that friends do, they help each other out. Perhaps one day when you get a little older, maybe by the time you enter middle school, you'll understand this and the other kids will start talking to you.
LOL. I'm 40 years old you clown. All I know is that if I was your friend and you asked me to meet you at my work so that you could save a whopping $8 I'd tell you to eat a bowl of dicks you miserly fuck.

I'm the one in middle school but you're the one so concerned about the $8 you took so long to save on your paper route.

You have such a well paying job but you inconvenience your 'friend' over $8. What a joke.

Friends are usually willing to help each other out for free, what if they planned on hanging out after?

Why didn't you just pre-order it from Amazon when it was $60?
I wasn't particularly sold on the game, or controller, when it was available for $60, and to be completely honest, I'm not entirely sold on it yet either. I had intended to wait until it was much, much cheaper, but it's only the fact that it's so rare at this point that forced my hand.

LOL. I'm 40 years old you clown. All.I known is that if I was your friend and you asked me to meet you at my work so that you could save a whopping $8 I'd tell you to eat a bowl of dicks you miserly fuck.

I'm the one in middle school but you're the one so concerned about the $8 you took so long to save on your paper route.

You have such a well paying job but you inconvenience your 'friend' over $8. What a joke.
I find that incredibly hard to believe, considering how childish you behave, but I'll humor you. You're 40. Well, since I'm a year older than you are claiming to be, I'll impart a little bit of wisdom considering that you seem to be in deficit. See, friends do things for each other. It's called being helpful, kind, loyal, etc. These are concepts that you should have been taught growing up. So if that's really what you're saying to your friends, then it's no wonder that you don't have any. It sounds like you're the one who's being miserly if you can't even do your friends any favors. Let me ask you, when you tell them that, do you even share the bowl that you're eating from, or do you just make them get their own? Just the fact that you think helping or hanging out with your friends is an "inconvenience" speaks volumes about you.

Regardless, like MrshllJcb interjected, friends are usually wiling to help each other out for free (and yes, we did hang out afterwards.) I'll try to explain this in simple terms because I know you have a reading deficiency as per your previous comments, but if simply doing nice things for your friends isn't enough for you, there's also the fact that usually doing things for others means that they will do things for you. Incredible, I know. An example: My office is about 10-15 minutes from the only BestBuy in this area. I have two friends in particular that often ask me to either order things for them from Amazon or stop by the BestBuy after work and pick things up for them. One of which you already know works at Walmart, the other one lives directly across the street from a Target (and he is a 20 minute drive away from me.) They could easily pick up what they want at their respective stores, but I can save them money via Amazon or Bestbuy. Sometimes it's only a $5 discount. So what? I save them a little bit of money, we hang out afterwards, everyone is happy.

Anyways, it's been nice chatting with you, but I have friends to hang out with. Ciao.

I wasn't particularly sold on the game, or controller, when it was available for $60, and to be completely honest, I'm not entirely sold on it yet either. I had intended to wait until it was much, much cheaper, but it's only the fact that it's so rare at this point that forced my hand.
Same here and I don't even have a PSVR yet. I'm just slowly buying up games as they're on sale.

It's not much of a fight when one person is throwing wild haymakers and couldn't land to save their life, while the other person wasn't even looking for a fight
It was Kain that made it great. He's suddenly thrust in to a stupid argument and he stays cool, classy and crushing.

It was like classic Mike Tyson fighting Ruby Rhod.

Has there even been any whispers of Sony making use of the Navigator controller or something that has a thumbstick built into the left Move controller? This warping non-sense is a huge achilles heel for me...
There's no way to track the navigator like the Move. If a developer wanted to, they could have a DualShock 4/Move combo with you holding the left side of the DS4 in your left hand and Move in the right so that both could do motion controls and still have an analog stick and d-pad that you could use.

I'd imagine Sony will be releasing new, better Move controllers for PSVR at some point in the next year as an upgrade option.

I feel the need to interject...  

$8 saved is $8 you can spend on another game.  I would ABSOLUTEY do the same thing... either way.  As to the one doing the saving, or the one doing the buying.  WOW.  Well done Kain!  

There's no way to track the navigator like the Move. If a developer wanted to, they could have a DualShock 4/Move combo with you holding the left side of the DS4 in your left hand and Move in the right so that both could do motion controls and still have an analog stick and d-pad that you could use.

I'd imagine Sony will be releasing new, better Move controllers for PSVR at some point in the next year as an upgrade option.
I didn't mean for tracking, literally just need it for the analog stick.

I feel the need to interject...

$8 saved is $8 you can spend on another game. I would ABSOLUTEY do the same thing... either way. As to the one doing the saving, or the one doing the buying. WOW. Well done Kain!
But if he really cared about saving money, he would have pre-ordered it from Amazon when it was $60. That would have been a lot more worthwhile than saving $8.

He also says he doesn't even care about the game, he just bought it because of how rare it is, which basically means he completely wasted his money by buying it at all.

So, Superhot and Archangel are out this coming week folks, and Theseus is out the week after that. Anyone excited? Already got the Superhot bundle pre-ordered, and awaiting reviews on Archangel...there's a gameplay video out now that looks pretty good...definitely a bit frantic, but the game is on rails, so I imagine it won't be too bad.

I didn't mean for tracking, literally just need it for the analog stick.
It's important for VR that all controllers being used are trackable, so that not being possible for the Navigation controller along with it not being available at all anymore is why it's not going to be used. Devs should allow for the DS4/Move combo since you're likely to have both with a PSVR anyway.

But if he really cared about saving money, he would have pre-ordered it from Amazon when it was $60. That would have been a lot more worthwhile than saving $8.

He also says he doesn't even care about the game, he just bought it because of how rare it is, which basically means he completely wasted his money by buying it at all.
That's not quite accurate. The first paragraph is definitely true, if I'd know then what I know now, I would definitely have saved more money doing the pre-order from Amazon than what I spent at Walmart. But it's not that I didn't care about the game, it's just that I wasn't quite sold on it yet. I had no idea how many games would be released that supported the gun controller, if I'd want to play any of those games to begin with, or if the actual Farpoint game itself would be something I'd want to play. Considering my backlog, as a rule, I generally don't pre-order games unless it's a significant discount and a franchise that I love enough to play right away. If a game is going to sit on my shelf for months or years, I can continue waiting longer. I didn't buy it just because it was rare, I bought it now because it was rare; I would have gotten it eventually, I was just originally holding out for something closer to the $30 range.

This argument needs to GTFO already.

On-Topic, is anyone else playing Werewolves Within? The community seems to be near dead at this point, and it's kind of sad.

Also, does anyone have thoughts on Eagle Flight?

This argument needs to GTFO already.

On-Topic, is anyone else playing Werewolves Within? The community seems to be near dead at this point, and it's kind of sad.

Also, does anyone have thoughts on Eagle Flight?
I agree.

I picked up Werewolves Within a while back but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I do plan on starting it up sometime later this week, though, as I'll have more free uninterrupted time then. It's kind of sad to hear it's dead, though. Even with the Steam Crossplay, you'd think there would be some people playing it.

bread's done
Back